+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2013

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Agreed.

If the OP submitted either an OWP or a Study Permit application WITH the Inland application, they will be covered under implied status.

If the OP did not...then s/he should submit a visitor extension application ASAP.

Mocha7

Sep 17, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jul 3, 13
AOR Received.
Jul 30, 13
Interview........
AIP: Feb 7, 14
Passport Req..
OWP: Feb 13, 14
VISA ISSUED...
DM: May 19, 15
LANDED..........
Landing: TBA
Visitor status should only be RENEWED at least 30 days before expiration;
OR
visitor status can be RESTORED 90 days after expiration.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5551ETOC.asp

Mocha7

Sep 17, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jul 3, 13
AOR Received.
Jul 30, 13
Interview........
AIP: Feb 7, 14
Passport Req..
OWP: Feb 13, 14
VISA ISSUED...
DM: May 19, 15
LANDED..........
Landing: TBA
Guarona said:
1. How likely is it for a decision to be made and conveyed to us when the interview concludes?
2. If all goes well, when is AIP issued? On the spot? Few days/weeks/months later?
3. When is final approval and/or PR issued?
Usually AIP will be given at the end of the interview; or if the Officer needs some time to think over it, one will tell you to go home and wait. The waiting time between AIP and DM varies from 0 day to over a year. The official timeline for stage 2 is 8 months.

Good luck to your interview and waiting for your good news!

filipina311

Apr 3, 2013
Any August applicants who has recieved their AIP??? Im an August 23rd applicants nd im going nuts thinking whats going on with Cic. There super slow...

Linden

Dec 10, 2013
Mocha7 said:
Visitor status should only be RENEWED at least 30 days before expiration;
OR
visitor status can be RESTORED 90 days after expiration.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5551ETOC.asp
As long as you send in your vistors status application (complete and correct) before it expires you are okay. The CIC website recommends 30 days but as long as you apply b4 the previous status you are fine. No need to get an restoration status. You can check the immigration act on this point. Be sure to keep a receipt of when you sent it from the post office.

3september2013

Star Member
Aug 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-09-2013 re-applied April 17, 2015
AOR Received.
23-09-2013
Med's Done....
May 2014
pari7896 said:
Hello Guys!!!!

I have applied my inland application on August 26-2013.Its over 12 months now.
And haven't heard anything form CIC.my visitor visa is expiring on 14 Sep 2014.
Tell me guys what to do ? :( :(
I'm on the same boat, applied August 28th . I phoned cic last week because my visitor visa expires early October and the lady told me that I don't have to extend my visitors visa because my application is in process.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
3september2013 said:
I'm on the same boat, applied August 28th . I phoned cic last week because my visitor visa expires early October and the lady told me that I don't have to extend my visitors visa because my application is in process.
This is only true if you submitted an OWP (or Study permit) with your Inland application. If you do not include an application to extend or change your status WITH your application, you will not be covered under implied status.

Submitting an Inland application, alone, does NOT give anyone implied status, if their status expires prior to their PR approval.

3september2013

Star Member
Aug 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-09-2013 re-applied April 17, 2015
AOR Received.
23-09-2013
Med's Done....
May 2014
Ponga said:
This is only true if you submitted an OWP (or Study permit) with your Inland application. If you do not include an application to extend or change your status WITH your application, you will not be covered under implied status.

Submitting an Inland application, alone, does NOT give anyone implied status, if their status expires prior to their PR approval.
yup I did so I should be good....although the lady wasn't quite right: " You should hear something about aip in August" yeah right......my aor is September 3rd; maybe she meant August 2015 :eek:

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Linden said:
As long as you send in your vistors status application (complete and correct) before it expires you are okay. The CIC website recommends 30 days but as long as you apply b4 the previous status you are fine. No need to get an restoration status. You can check the immigration act on this point. Be sure to keep a receipt of when you sent it from the post office.
Small thing, but I think they need to receive it before the previous one expire.

homeland2014

Aug 14, 2014
Thanks for adding me to the excel. I have yet another question about the application transfer, I have neither received a letter/email saying my file has been transferred from V to M nor does it show in the online status. From what I read on the cic website, it says if CPC-V had started processing your file then it will not be transferred to CPC-M. But I noticed that most of the people had their files transferred . Should I be worried? Should I contact the call centre? Thanks.

shujath ali

Star Member
Apr 9, 2013
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
APRIL 2009
Doc's Request.
SEPT 2012
AOR Received.
24-JAN-2013
IELTS Request
NO
File Transfer...
24-JAN-2013
Med's Request
15-04-14
Med's Done....
16-04-2014
Interview........
DECISION MADE. . . . 08-02-15
Passport Req..
09-02-2015 PP SUBMITTED 10-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
14-02-2015
LANDED..........
10-04-2015 INSHA ALLAH
Guys Need help here :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
My ecas status is been changed to "Decision made" I just want to know what does it mean,

n I have not got any PP request yet

plz reply. . . .

Is that mean that our application process is completed?

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
shujath ali said:
Guys Need help here :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
My ecas status is been changed to "Decision made" I just want to know what does it mean,

n I have not got any PP request yet

plz reply. . . .

Is that mean that our application process is completed?
Are you sure the Decision Made you are reading is actually on the sponsor's (your Canadian/PR spouse) Ecas. When the sponsor gets sponsor approval and you gotten Approved in Principle stage, the sponsor will see Decision Made on the Ecas.

However if the Decision Made is in your Ecas as an Applicant applying for PR, that is not a good sign to get a DM before any police check has even been submitted yet.

Screech339

watchnlearn

Jun 10, 2014
Hey everyone, haven't been on here for a while. So we had our AIP at the end of June. Work permit has been approved for about 2 months as well. We haven't received the work permit in the mail either. Medicals and PCC were done in first week of July and CIC acknowledged receiving them. My husband has spoken to numerous agents in the past 2 weeks (calling every other day) and the agents just keep saying, "we don't know what the delay is. Your file shows there should be no reason for there to be a hold up." We've asked them to put in requests to at least mail out the work permit. Just getting frustrated with how the CIC is working. We've been waiting for more than 2 months for some sort of response!

watchnlearn

Jun 10, 2014
Oh also, can we apply for a SIN card number despite not having a physical work permit? (We had the WP # given to us by one of the agents on the phone).

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
watchnlearn said:
Oh also, can we apply for a SIN card number despite not having a physical work permit? (We had the WP # given to us by one of the agents on the phone).
Don't think you will get a SIN without any physical Work permit in hand. They will want to be sure they are not giving out SINs for nothing.