Med's Done....
Dec 6, 2013
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
June 26, 2014 (DM)
LANDED..........
July 15, 2014 in Edmonton
Hi all, just a quick update that I received my PR card today. I will be back in 2018 (or 2019) when its time to apply for citizenship again!thank you for all the support and help. very thankful for this forum!!

msbozick

Star Member
Jan 6, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 12, 2014
AOR Received.
August 7, 2014
Med's Request
Sept. 28, 2015
Med's Done....
October 7/8, 2015
Interview........
AIP: Sept. 28, 2015-- interview waived DM: Oct. 16, 2015
LANDED..........
Oct. 28 2015
bruneian said:
Hi all, just a quick update that I received my PR card today. I will be back in 2018 (or 2019) when its time to apply for citizenship again!thank you for all the support and help. very thankful for this forum!!
Oh, girl! I am so happy for you!!!!!!!!!!! Good luck with everything. I wish you both a lifetime of love and happiness!

redhead30

Aug 25, 2014
GatorSPO said:
Spoke to a local panel physician. They'll do an up-front on the eMed system, transmit the results to Ottawa, and give us a receipt with the file # to send to Vegreville so they can match it.

About $300 for the exam, x-rays, and tests here in Vancouver.
Hi gatorSPO,

Congrats on your landing! I am trying to find out more info about sending my medical after my application (started processing 8th October 2013) and before AIP. I see from the spreadsheet that you did this, was there any problem matching it up with your application or any confusion when the doctor was filling out the medical form? Did they send it on your behalf or did you send it yourself?

Thanks so much.

islandgirl25

Star Member
Jan 14, 2011
pocq said:
Anyone here in their 18th month but still not DM yet?

I got my AIP in January,24 2014. I know i still have another month to wait, but I am just wondering how is the progress for the others.

Thanks
same boat! received march 2013... first stage approved jan. 2014...still waiting

Daradiro

May 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
islandgirl25 said:
same boat! received march 2013... first stage approved jan. 2014...still waiting
We too, First stage approved 24. jan. 2014... Still waiting....
called cic to check status in july: received medical, background check ok, waiting for Vienna decision (because of dependant not complying child :(, called today :no update ...still have to wait

Tired of waiting, but happy to have at least AIP and OWP and OHIP.

jen1975

Star Member
Jul 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-07-2013
AOR Received.
15-08-2013
File Transfer...
04-03-2014....CPC-M
Med's Request
sent with application
Med's Done....
14-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2013...(DM)
LANDED..........
26-08-2014 in Montreal
:D :D :D :D :D :D :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

hi, I just want to let everyone know everything went well today and I got my COPR..........

Daizey

Jan 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-08-2013
AOR Received.
03-09-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with App
VISA ISSUED...
AIP + DM 12-02-2015
LANDED..........
12-03-2015
jen1975 said:

hi, I just want to let everyone know everything went well today and I got my COPR..........
Congrats! :)

GatorSPO

Aug 29, 2013
redhead30 said:
was there any problem matching it up with your application or any confusion when the doctor was filling out the medical form? Did they send it on your behalf or did you send it yourself?
No problems. We told the panel physician that it was an up-front examination for inland sponsorship and that was it.
No form to fill out, the Dr does the exam and uploads it to the eMedical system. He did give us a receipt with the medical file # on it.

We made a copy of that receipt and sent it to CPC-M with a cover letter indicated the UCI and File number for the case from our AOR.
You will get no acknowledgement - we did an ATIP request for the case notes about a month later and confirmed from there that they matched it to the file successfully.

Anoushkev

Aug 26, 2014
Hello everyone,
I just joined the forum group. i applied for my sponsorship papers in June 2014, and i received an email from Immigration that they have received my application...how long will it take for the processing to start????can you give me an idea from your experiences.Also i don't know if i misunderstood, but some people are doing their medical exam after submitting the papers, i submitting my medical with my application ( it was posted on E medical, which i wasnt able to access and see :S )...THANK YOU

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Based on the letter my friend received today,it is obvious that those inland cases that were submitted in July 2013 are deemed "complex" thats why it's been taking CIC 6 months (and maybe more) to process these legendary July 2013 cases.

Dear Sir or Madam:

I am replying to your e-mail of August 5, 2014, addressed to Mr. Chris Alexander, Canada’s Minister of Citizenship and Immigration, concerning the processing times for your inland spousal sponsorship application.

Unfortunately, you have not provided enough information in your correspondence (i.e., your full name, date and place of birth, client ID number, etc.) that would assist me in researching your file. Furthermore, Canada’s Privacy Act prohibits the release of information on our clients without their written consent. This legislation was designed to protect a person’s right to privacy when dealing with Canadian government institutions. While I cannot comment on your application, I can give you general information on the inland sponsorship program.

Please be assured that Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) reviews all applications objectively and consistently to ensure fair and equitable treatment of all applicants. We assess each application on its own merit against the program requirements.

We realize that those who have submitted their applications look forward to a decision being rendered within a reasonable waiting period after applying. We make every effort to deal with the applications we receive in the most efficient and effective way. However, the many steps involved in processing an application, coupled with the volume of applications, sometimes make it difficult to conclude cases in as timely a manner as we would like.

The creation of the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class promotes family unity. It allows Canadian citizens and permanent residents to sponsor their spouses or common-law partners who live with them in Canada, for permanent residence. However, Family Class category redesign aimed at faster processing of applications from spouses, common-law partners and dependent children only applies to applicants who are outside Canada. It is always in the client’s best interests to apply abroad in the prescribed manner, if possible. There are distinct disadvantages to applying from within Canada, including longer processing times, lack of status, inability to work and ineligibility for provincial/territorial health insurance coverage. For this reason, applicants are encouraged to carefully read the guide which provides important information for an applicant to consider before completing this application.

Accordingly, every effort is made to complete the processing of partner and spousal applications as quickly as possible. The sponsor must be assessed against the requirements of sponsorship and the foreign national being sponsored must be assessed against the statutory requirements of being in good health and of good character. In addition, the assessing officer must be satisfied that the applicant is admissible to Canada, and, in the case of spouses and partners, that the relationship is genuine and not entered into for immigration purposes only.

As you may know, inland processing of applications submitted by spouses or common-law partners requires an average of 11 months, from when the complete application is received, for first-stage of approval or “approval in principle”, but can be longer depending on the individual circumstances of each case. When an application for permanent residence is assessed and receives approval in principle, an application for an open work permit can then be processed and applicants may be eligible to apply for provincial/territorial health care.

For more information regarding spousal sponsorship and processing times, please visit the CIC Website.

Thank you for having taken the time to write.

Sincerely,

B. Sultana
Ministerial Enquiries Division

Brazilian Canadian

Star Member
Nov 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V // CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
civic said:
Based on the letter my friend received today,it is obvious that those inland cases that were submitted in July 2013 are deemed "complex" thats why it's been taking CIC 6 months (and maybe more) to process these legendary July 2013 cases.
[/i]
I think is so funny when they reply saying the preferable way is Outland Sponsorship, besides that was never mentioned before, when time frame was 6 months for inland, most of the country have the same or longer time frame, and this way you can not live with your partner during the process.
Other good point, is that they all only refer to the current time frame (11-12 months), as it has always been like this, they completely make no mention of the 6 months time frame from when we applied at first. The point is, WHY IT HAS TAKEN CIC 6 MONTHS TO PROCESS ONLY JULY?? This does not look accurate to me: "every effort is made to complete the processing of partner and spousal applications as quickly as possible. "

yata520

Oct 9, 2013
Brazilian Canadian said:
I think is so funny when they reply saying the preferable way is Outland Sponsorship, besides that was never mentioned before, when time frame was 6 months for inland, most of the country have the same or longer time frame, and this way you can not live with your partner during the process.
Other good point, is that they all only refer to the current time frame (11-12 months), as it has always been like this, they completely make no mention of the 6 months time frame from when we applied at first. The point is, WHY IT HAS TAKEN CIC 6 MONTHS TO PROCESS ONLY JULY?? This does not look accurate to me: "every effort is made to complete the processing of partner and spousal applications as quickly as possible. "
that's why reporter or other should show him that fact was be4 only take 6 months now is 12months plus and don't count cic strike 2012-2013, and then if everyone show them their time line and uci number ... i think he /cic will change their story again .

yata520

Oct 9, 2013
jen1975 said:

lucky you ... i am still waitting my landing letter ... alrdy 12 working days pass ...

Amazingsho

Star Member
Dec 4, 2012
TOR
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3-2-2014
AOR Received.
4-2-2014
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Tomorrow !
Brazilian Canadian said:
CIC is only slapping their face with another hand. Outland time frame is far from fair now, while US only takes 3 months to grant PR, time frame for other parts of the worlds vary from 10-30 months. Does that mean CIC admit they committed some degree of discrimination ? "One of the most generous nation for Spousal sponsorship" is being an complete racist now.

rifat

Oct 26, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2012
AOR Received.
06-18-2012
File Transfer...
10-09-2012
Interview........
10-21-2013
LANDED..........
July 23rd 2014 :)
Line.a said:
Hi guys! :)
Sorry have been off this page for quite some time now, lots of changes! finally moved to Edmonton, and landed in Calgary on the 23rd last month. Took some time to be able to afford the right of immigration fee.. Feels good to be all done, so now i'm yet to get my updated AB health and new SIN card number.

Hope everything's going all well with you all, and most of you have been approved by now! :)
congrats Line.a

you landed on the same day as my hubby in Calgary. our interview was between 1 to 2pm. not sure if yours was at that time too. but again congrats.

have you received your PR yet? we still havent' received hubbys PR.