Med's Done....
10-07-2013
Interview........
AIP: August 8, 2014 OWP Received August 15, 2014 Decision Made: Jan. 26, 2015
LANDED..........
12-02-2015
Seed of Abraham said:
Folks,

I think we can start to create awareness on Twitter as both Chris Alexander (CIC Immigration Minister) and Chris Day(Chief of Staff to Canada's Citizenship and Immigration Minister ) are both on Twitter, please guys let us open a pseudo account to start the campaign.

That's actually a great idea. I certainly wouldn't mind tweeting from my personal account. But we would definitely need a main account that would speak for the group as a whole ..

Seed of Abraham

Feb 19, 2014
RRSweet said:
That's actually a great idea. I certainly wouldn't mind tweeting from my personal account. But we would definitely need a main account that would speak for the group as a whole ..
Good stuff, let us make it double-double, is anyone kind enough to open a twitter account for INLAND APPLICATIONS 2013 and also we need to do it as individuals to generate public sympathy, please let us start tomorrow.

Radium

Apr 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
NOC Code......
INLAND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 18, 2014
AOR Received.
May 28. 2015
Med's Done....
August 18, 2014
Can anyone please tell me if Details of Foreign Travel form also called Supplementary Information form is required with the Inland app?
though the Document checklist IMM 5443 doesn't say to fill out one.
Did CIC asked anyone to fill it out after submitting the app.? Can anyone please help.
Thank you

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (now sent to CPC-M)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
SA 06-11-2014/AIP 17-11-2014
AOR Received.
26-09-2013 (didn't get email-called CIC)
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
It's that time of week again....where we all cross our fingers, and hold our breaths and hope beyond hope that THIS is FINALLY the week they begin processing (for real!) again…..

About the Twitter account…I think it’s a great idea. If no one else has done so by tonight when I am home from work, I will be happy to do it! We can have a few of us with the password and login?

sakay

Jul 21, 2013
hi guys,

i just want to ask the people who had "decision made" recently. did you guys get an email or snail mail letter from cic regarding your application?

yata520

Oct 9, 2013
sakay said:
hi guys,

i just want to ask the people who had "decision made" recently. did you guys get an email or snail mail letter from cic regarding your application?
from e-mail , and landing letter will be snail mail.... and i still waiting landing letter alrdy 2weeks

Jamesdavid3

May 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Seed of Abraham said:
Folks,

I think we can start to create awareness on Twitter as both Chris Alexander (CIC Immigration Minister) and Chris Day(Chief of Staff to Canada's Citizenship and Immigration Minister ) are both on Twitter, please guys let us open a pseudo account to start the campaign.
We need to do this ASAP.

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
Radium said:
Can anyone please tell me if Details of Foreign Travel form also called Supplementary Information form is required with the Inland app?
though the Document checklist IMM 5443 doesn't say to fill out one.
Did CIC asked anyone to fill it out after submitting the app.? Can anyone please help.
Thank you
No, you don't need that form, Radium. You only need to include what is on the checklist provided for your country.

flange12

Star Member
Sep 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-08-2013
AOR Received.
27-08-2013
Med's Done....
15-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 13-01-2015
LANDED..........
11-03-2015
I'm finding it really hard to stay positive. We've now been waiting over a year and still NO AIP. How can they just let the wait time go up and up and not even seem to make an effort to speed it up?! Every time I look at this forum and see that no one else has had any progress I burn up a little bit inside... I try not to log on for a few days and hope to see something will have happened, but nope, nothing in over 2 weeks. COME ON CIC It is August now! We haven't seen any signs of "fast" processing sine February and it's driving me up the wall. There's my rant for the day, but I really don't know what to do or say at this point...

jen1975

Star Member
Jul 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-07-2013
AOR Received.
15-08-2013
File Transfer...
04-03-2014....CPC-M
Med's Request
sent with application
Med's Done....
14-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2013...(DM)
LANDED..........
26-08-2014 in Montreal
yata520 said:
from e-mail , and landing letter will be snail mail.... and i still waiting landing letter alrdy 2weeks

It is almost a month since I got my decision made letter and I am still waiting on Montreal office.

I was told it will take 12 weeks, this is so stressfull, everyday I am hoping something will come in the mail.

Also yata520 do you know if we can apply for health card now or we have to wait until COPR ?

azarme09

Oct 25, 2013
App. Filed.......
22-10-2018
The call center sucks big time. The guy didn't even ask for my info and merely said that you've been waiting only 4 months & should call back in 6 months.
:mad:

Daizey

Jan 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-08-2013
AOR Received.
03-09-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with App
VISA ISSUED...
AIP + DM 12-02-2015
LANDED..........
12-03-2015
flange12 said:
I'm finding it really hard to stay positive. We've now been waiting over a year and still NO AIP. How can they just let the wait time go up and up and not even seem to make an effort to speed it up?! Every time I look at this forum and see that no one else has had any progress I burn up a little bit inside... I try not to log on for a few days and hope to see something will have happened, but nope, nothing in over 2 weeks. COME ON CIC It is August now! We haven't seen any signs of "fast" processing sine February and it's driving me up the wall. There's my rant for the day, but I really don't know what to do or say at this point...
I totally understand, I've been feeling the same way. I think it makes it a bit worse that our dates are so close to the timeline on the website, it could either be next week...or if it's going the speed it's been going, next month. One thing that my husbands parents tried to tell me to do, was focus on making plans for what you will do after you get the awesome news. I know I'm going to get a job ASAP, treat my husband to a nice dinner with my first paycheck in who knows how long, and then start paying down debt and looking forward to starting a family and household renovations. Heck, today I spent most of the day going room by room figuring out what I wanted to work on first! :D I'm thinking new kitchen appliances, I think the ones my husband had must be at least 20 years old, lol.

What I'm trying to say is, I know it's super hard to stay positive when we've had to wait so long for ANY progress on our applications...we just have to keep trying to be patient, because it's really all we can do! It's one thing this whole process has taught me, some things you just can't MAKE go faster...and that was a hard lesson to learn for me, I used to be super impatient! :) The thing I try to remember that keeps me positive - it has to move eventually. And we're so close. Just a little bit longer. We've waited this long! :)

Maxician

Star Member
Nov 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-13
AOR Received.
23-03-13
flange12 said:
Have you made a request of your application history under the Access to Information Act? I did and found out how they messed up my file several times. Can't do much about it, anyway, but at least I know I passed the medical and the police tests.

You can request it online here for free: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/DEPARTMENT/atip/requests-atip.asp

Good luck!

azarme09

Oct 25, 2013
App. Filed.......
22-10-2018
I sent this email to CIC this morning:

Dear CIC,

It is rather interesting that how we were all told that the move from AB to Mississauga is designed to help with faster processing times. At the time of my application, the wait time was less than 7 months for Inland Sponsorship. People were also receiving AORs so that they knew that their applications were complete and there was no risk of the packet being sent back. Currently, the processing time for just the first stage is 12 months straight up. I'm sure you know the many long-term social consequences there are for this kind of unnecessary delay but I'd still like to list it down for you (these are for spousal sponsorships):

1. Affect on relationships and family planning:
Because of this delay, many of us have to hold off to having kids. Many of us have planned our careers and educational goals around the curve of balancing our home life with that of the public life. We want to give our kids the best of education and the best of parental care. Your delay in processing our application puts us under unnecessary stress of re-designing our goals. You have to see that not all of us/our partners are in their younger years. Some decisions are more urgent than others. This being one.

2. Financial strain and reinforcing patriarchy:
Many of us are wives waiting for our sponsorship/OWPs to go through. As amazing as our partners are, who have taken care of all of our financial needs as we move through this process, it puts us, women, in an incredibly awkward situation. Especially women like me who have been financially and otherwise independent and emancipated from a very young age, to now have to rely on my husband's credit card for something as little as a Sushi lunch is an incredibly embarrassing experience. Yes, when you are married you are halves of each other, but to burden one partner with everything, from your emergency health costs to your $3.00 TTC token is a disempowering situation. As such, many of us are reduced to fulfilling traditional gender roles of cooking and cleaning and staying at home for majority of the time when this system is entirely against the values of our marriage and relationship. We are in a feminist and empowering relationship, and your delays make it that much more difficult for us to live up to these principles in practice. Canada prides itself on being one of the most giving countries in terms of human rights. Your processing delays violate our fundamental right of freedom and dignity for ourselves, and our families.

3. Educational and job halt:
Many of us have to completely waste an entire year of our lives. We can't even enroll in a certificate program. We can't work where we can put our education to good use. I have been an outstanding student my entire life. I have never had to pay a single cent for my private boarding school education in BC or my college in Indiana, USA. For someone who has always had merit-based full-ride scholarships, who has studied politics and human development, as well as art, CIC is keeping Canada from benefiting these skills that I possess. Same goes for other highly educated couples. A one whole year of availing the benefits of this country's safety, security, and general air of freedom and we can't contribute to make it a better place apart from highly restricted forms of volunteer services? Is this the kind of civic engagement Canada is aiming for? I don't think so.

4. Stress on the extended family:
There are cultural aspects which CIC seems to be unaware of. Especially from a South Asian perspective. Being a couple that has had strong opposition from our families regarding our relationship, this delay makes it more difficult for us to convince our families that we are right for each other. Especially when there is a power imbalance and it is me, the woman, who has to deal with the brunt of it. Countless sleepless nights and crying on my husband's shoulders increases stress in our relationship. There is so much I can do professionally and by being the mom that I want to be to prove to myself and to our families, but guess what? I can't do any of that because my husband has to support me financially and has to be around for his widowed mother, emotionally.

5. Travel restrictions:
Apart from the financial issue, I haven't been able to attend any conferences I have been a regular attendee of for the past few years. Why? Because they are all in the USA and it is not advisable to travel internationally while a PR application is in process inland. I have given talks in the past at some of the most acknowledged conferences in the US but this year, I was chained to my home. My husband is going to some of these events and speaking but can you imagine how small that makes me feel that not only I can't watch & support my husband while he is out there on the stage but that, in many ways, I have to let him take my place?

This is not an emotional appeal to you. It is a letter to let you know the bigger picture which sudden & unexplained delays help shape up. I hope that my this email is not going to get lost in the internet abyss and maybe someone will read this and try to reflect on how we can make things easier for everyone. I am sure that there must be a VERY good reason for these delays, but when you do not explain it to those of us affected, we are left in an a weird state of limbo and most of our days are spent speculating the worse. I have a lot of faith in the Canadian system. I just hope that I can find reasons to keep this faith alive.

Thank you for your time to read through this message.

I hope to hear something soon.

Best,
xx
UCI: xx (spousal sponsorship)
Phone: xx

Maxician

Star Member
Nov 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-13
AOR Received.
23-03-13
Jamesdavid3 said:
We need to do this ASAP.
I'm down as well!

Do anyone know if there's a way to send private messages to everybody on this forum? To let everybody know, cause a lot of folks tend to avoid visiting the forum to reduce the stress...