Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
OWP: 25-02-14
LANDED..........
23-07-14
Hi guys! :)
Sorry have been off this page for quite some time now, lots of changes! finally moved to Edmonton, and landed in Calgary on the 23rd last month. Took some time to be able to afford the right of immigration fee.. Feels good to be all done, so now i'm yet to get my updated AB health and new SIN card number.

Hope everything's going all well with you all, and most of you have been approved by now! :)

Cjohn

Mar 9, 2014
Hi Guys!

This is my first time posting here. I am from the GTA and is currently being sponsored by my wife. We have a son that is turning 2 this September. We submitted our In-land application last year October of 2013. Quite frankly i'm getting frustrated with the wait. We have a son and its getting harder for us to be living under one salary.

Do any of you guys think they will start speeding up the process? It says in the website 11 months but between July 30, 2013 and July 30, 2014, that is already 12 months. :(

John

woodyc

Star Member
Jul 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville/Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-07-2013
AOR Received.
18-08-2013
Med's Done....
08-07-2013
LANDED..........
24-02-2015
Line.a said:
Hi guys! :)
Sorry have been off this page for quite some time now, lots of changes! finally moved to Edmonton, and landed in Calgary on the 23rd last month. Took some time to be able to afford the right of immigration fee.. Feels good to be all done, so now i'm yet to get my updated AB health and new SIN card number.

Hope everything's going all well with you all, and most of you have been approved by now! :)
O hey Line.a good to hear from you. Glad it's over for you & you can enjoy your freedom.

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
OWP: 25-02-14
LANDED..........
23-07-14
woodyc said:
O hey Line.a good to hear from you. Glad it's over for you & you can enjoy your freedom.
Thank you very much, we are so relieved to be all done with it, time to move forward. I only got 3 years before I need to extend it, is that normal do you think?

Radium

Apr 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
NOC Code......
INLAND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 18, 2014
AOR Received.
May 28. 2015
Med's Done....
August 18, 2014

Radium

Apr 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
NOC Code......
INLAND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 18, 2014
AOR Received.
May 28. 2015
Med's Done....
August 18, 2014
Hello everyone, I will be greatly thankful if someone can answer my few questions for Spousal sponsorship.

1) I've ordered my option c printout from revenue Canada. I worked for two different employer last year. I confirmed that to CRA but The CRA agent on phone said that my one employer didn't send my T4 to them, only T4 from other employer is on file.
My question is can I send T4 that I've with me from that employer to CIC or will it be problem as CIC confirms with CRA what is on file? what should I do to make it right.

2) My wife's presently has open work permit that she obtained completing her post graduation as International student. Her OWP will expire in June 2015. The processing time for Inland apps is over 1 year and her work permit will expire while her file be still in processing. Will she need LMO to work for her current employer or How can she get extension to her current OWP? IS there any way she can get WORK PERMIT on my behalf as I'm the sponsor who is Permanent resident.

3) The Document checklist IMM 5443 doesn't say to fill out Supplementary Information form (Details of foreign travel) but when I filed for my Permanent residency I remember I did filled out this form though it was not part of the checklist. Can anyone please confirm do we need to attach this form?

4) My wife (sponsored) has a full time job and I (sponsor) is only one asked to attach the job letter,
Can she attach her job letter to show her earnings as well?

I really hope senior members can help me answer my above questions.

Thank You
-Radium

RRSweet

Star Member
Aug 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2013
AOR Received.
22-08-2013
Med's Request
sent with app
Med's Done....
10-07-2013
Interview........
AIP: August 8, 2014 OWP Received August 15, 2014 Decision Made: Jan. 26, 2015
LANDED..........
12-02-2015
...Just curious ...what exactly is the point in Ecas? The website of Processing Times clearly reflects a date past the day we filed our application, yet, absolutely no information on Ecas can tell me anything, although it is supposedly there to give information regarding the status of your file. You'd at least think it could say "currently in processing" "medical received" "clearance check completed" ..SOMETHING... ANYTHING!
Funny how Canada is a first world country and the service we receive is absolute garbage! Worst part is we can't do a damn thing about it and when you call for information no one can tell you anything, besides wait 2 weeks, 2 months, or whatever time frame they feel is appropriate. I've never in my life had such horrible service!
Must be nice not to have anyone to answer to CIC ... MUST BE REALLY NICE. :mad:

MiriMinBC

Star Member
Jul 28, 2014
RRSweet said:
...Just curious ...what exactly is the point in Ecas? The website of Processing Times clearly reflects a date past the day we filed our application, yet, absolutely no information on Ecas can tell me anything, although it is supposedly there to give information regarding the status of your file. You'd at least think it could say "currently in processing" "medical received" "clearance check completed" ..SOMETHING... ANYTHING!
Funny how Canada is a first world country and the service we receive is absolute garbage! Worst part is we can't do a damn thing about it and when you call for information no one can tell you anything, besides wait 2 weeks, 2 months, or whatever time frame they is appropriate. I've never in my life had such horrible service!
Must be nice not to have anyone to answer to CIC ... MUST BE REALLY NICE. :mad:
Oh 1st world countries are not immune to the pox known as bloated bureaucracy. In fact it's an art form in most 1st world nations. A highly protected one at that.

I think Ecas is a ballpark idea of times under perfect circumstances. What bugs me is it says call if your case is running later. Why call? They won't actually do a damn thing.

jen1975

Star Member
Jul 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-07-2013
AOR Received.
15-08-2013
File Transfer...
04-03-2014....CPC-M
Med's Request
sent with application
Med's Done....
14-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2013...(DM)
LANDED..........
26-08-2014 in Montreal
Hi, I would like to know if you can apply for health card after you get your DM letter or do you have to wait until you get that final interview. Confirmation of PR.

Scarlett_R

Star Member
Nov 20, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville to Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2013
AOR Received.
21-12-2013
Med's Done....
Mailed together with aplication
Cjohn said:
Do any of you guys think they will start speeding up the process? It says in the website 11 months but between July 30, 2013 and July 30, 2014, that is already 12 months. :(

John
Hello John and wellcome!

I called CIC last week with the same question, I asked the agent, how can the website say it's 11 months for stage one but they are still procesing applications from July 30th, that makes it 12 months right? her answer was that the estimated processing time is based on the amount of applications they procesed the year before... and also she said that soon they will be updating the page ???

I think they haven't updated the page but they are trying to keep it to 11 months...

Let's hope to see more applications processed this week.

Any July 30 aplicant still waiting?

kismetfatum

Star Member
Jun 2, 2014
I'm July 31 and still waiting. I know there are at least two or three people before me that haven't heard anything. Let's hope this week is our week!

Scarlett_R

Star Member
Nov 20, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2013
AOR Received.
21-12-2013
Med's Done....
kismetfatum said:
I'm July 31 and still waiting. I know there are at least two or three people before me that haven't heard anything. Let's hope this week is our week!
In order to calculate the processing time. Do you consider the date your application was received or the date they started processing it?

I also asked that to the CIC lady and she said the date it was received but I have my doubts...

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Scarlett_R said:
In order to calculate the processing time. Do you consider the date your application was received or the date they started processing it?

I also asked that to the CIC lady and she said the date it was received but I have my doubts...
The total processing time is based on from the time they received the application to day of landing as PR.

Screech339

Scarlett_R

Star Member
Nov 20, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2013
AOR Received.
21-12-2013
Med's Done....
screech339 said:
The total processing time is based on from the time they received the application to day of landing as PR.

Screech339
Thank you Screech339!!

Seed of Abraham

Feb 19, 2014
Folks,

I think we can start to create awareness on Twitter as both Chris Alexander (CIC Immigration Minister) and Chris Day(Chief of Staff to Canada's Citizenship and Immigration Minister ) are both on Twitter, please guys let us open a pseudo account to start the campaign.

Chris Alexander
@MinChrisA
Canada's Citizenship and Immigration Minister | Ministre de la Citoyenneté et de l'Immigration du Canada Ottawa, ON
https://twitter.com/MinChrisA

Chris Day
@CDayOttawa
Chief of Staff to Canada's Citizenship and Immigration Minister | Chef de cabinet du ministre canadien de la citioyenneté et de l'immigration @MinChrisA
https://twitter.com/CDayOttawa