Vegreville (now sent to CPC-M)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
SA 06-11-2014/AIP 17-11-2014
AOR Received.
26-09-2013 (didn't get email-called CIC)
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
Hilo said:
my common-law partner was just 22 when she was sponsored me and i was 28, NO kids so that's the reason. So the question was how many bank account she have , when she get paid, what's the color for car, how much she gets paid, how many brothers & sister she have , what's her mom& dad name , how do you meet her ,when was the lost time you have sex, when was your lost date night, it's a lot more it 's was a hour and 20mins
Congrats on your DM!!!!!!!!!! :)

Strange, it's usually looked upon as a good thing for the wife to be younger than the husband. 6 years isn't a big difference. My husband and I have a 6 year age difference too.

A large majority of 22 year olds don’t have kids yet, and if you have the choice, I think most people would wait until their spouse was a resident and could work before having kids!!!

Seems a strange “excuse” from CIC to transfer your file. Ugh…CIC….what a headache! No sense to somethings they say/do.

Really awkward that they are able to ask questions about your sex life. As if immigration isn't enough of an invasion of privacy already.

I would have a hard time holding back my tongue, and would propbably offer them a video tape if they worried about our sex life...lol ;D

clairefrance

Jun 26, 2014
5hr3wd said:
Thank you cmathslu and clairefrance! :)

No I'm not landing in etobicoke. But I've seen them shooting out landing letters pretty fast these days. You should hopefully hear something within 4 weeks. Goodluck!
I've received my AIP and DM on June 27/28th so I'm hoping I will get the letter form Etobicoke soon although they said it takes two mnoths to receive a letter and have the appointment made with them. I wonder if anyone else who has had experience with them know?

yata520

Oct 9, 2013
clairefrance said:
I've received my AIP and DM on June 27/28th so I'm hoping I will get the letter form Etobicoke soon although they said it takes two mnoths to receive a letter and have the appointment made with them. I wonder if anyone else who has had experience with them know?
:eek:.... i thought landing letter usually will get in 1~2 weeks ... :-[..

Princess029

Dec 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 23, 2013
AOR Received.
September 15, 2013/ Start pocessing
IELTS Request
None
File Transfer...
March 2014
Hi guys I need your best idea here. I'm currently working with my employer under TFW in Canada. My work permit is expiring in September which is I'm not too worried about it since I submitted my application inland on August 2013 and I also applied for an OWP along with my application but still waiting with all the results. Now my employer asked me if I want to renew or if I want to get a new LMO since I'm expiring in September. My question is, do I need it or I should be fine since I consider myself as an implied status even my current work permit expires.
Thanks and please I need your best ideas.

WeCanadoIt

Star Member
Jun 17, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2013
LANDED..........
16-04-2015
Hey guys,
First off a big thank you to everyone who answers other questions,
this thread is great for finding out info about different elements of this long process.

I have a question about the OWP you receive after AIP is given.
**Does this have any travel restrictions?**

I have been on implied status for almost a year now(cant leave if i want to keep working) and really want to leave on a trip to see family.

Thanks

ps, @Princess, you should be fine without. At the very worst you will be on implied status for a few months and unable to leave the country.

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
WeCanadoIt said:
Hey guys,
First off a big thank you to everyone who answers other questions,
this thread is great for finding out info about different elements of this long process.

I have a question about the OWP you receive after AIP is given.
**Does this have any travel restrictions?**

I have been on implied status for almost a year now(cant leave if i want to keep working) and really want to leave on a trip to see family.

Thanks

ps, @ Princess, you should be fine without. At the very worst you will be on implied status for a few months and unable to leave the country.
If you don't have a the physical OWP permit and are only on implied status, if you leave the country you loose the 'implied' and can no longer work when/if they let you re-enter the country. If you have the physical OWP then you are no longer implied and may leave and return to work. Just remember that an OWP is not a travel document and does not guarantee re-entry.

Linden

Dec 10, 2013
Princess029 said:
Hi guys I need your best idea here. I'm currently working with my employer under TFW in Canada. My work permit is expiring in September which is I'm not too worried about it since I submitted my application inland on August 2013 and I also applied for an OWP along with my application but still waiting with all the results. Now my employer asked me if I want to renew or if I want to get a new LMO since I'm expiring in September. My question is, do I need it or I should be fine since I consider myself as an implied status even my current work permit expires.
Thanks and please I need your best ideas.
Are you sure dont have implied status from sending an OWP along with your application. If this is the case you don't need a new LMO. What are the restrictions on your current WP.

In any case I would recommend not getting a new LMO since you are so close now. The government have changed the requirements for a LMO and it's alot more work for the employer to get a positive LMO now.

Linden

Dec 10, 2013
Alurra71 said:
Even if this is the only email that Ruppcs received, her spouse is still eligible to apply for an OWP as technically this IS AIP, even though the applicant did not receive the email signifying this yet. This particular email will NOT work if you are trying to get an OWP from a land border crossing (yes, that can be done) or used as 'proof' to obtain OHIP either as it is not directly addressed to the applicant. If your spouse does NOT receive an email, wait roughly 2 weeks, and then contact CIC. Inform them you received no 'official' email statement that you have gotten to stage 2 which you need to apply for various services, such as OHIP, and they will email you a new 'AIP letter'.
Alurra you mentioned before something about getting OWP with AIP letter at land border. Can you explain how this works?

Princess029

Dec 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 23, 2013
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
None
File Transfer...
March 2014
Linden, I have no idea what are the restrictions of my current WP. All I know is I have 90 days to do restoration after the work permit expires. But as what I have said I applied an OWP along with my inland application. So are you saying I don't need a.new LMO?
Thnx

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
Linden said:
Alurra you mentioned before something about getting OWP with AIP letter at land border. Can you explain how this works?
When I got my physical AIP letter, I went to the border and asked about getting an OWP there. I was told that 'technically' I should have crossed into the US then back to Canada and then they can issue an OWP based on the rules for an inland sponsorship. Being a US citizen this wouldn't have been difficult for me to do, but if one is not a US citizen or visa exempt it could post a problem if you can't get into the US.

Anyway, it took them a few minutes to look into the rules regarding issuance of an OWP, but they found the correct information and issued me one on the spot right in the CBSA immigration office at the Windsor border. I paid the fee at the other window and was on my way.

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
Princess029 said:
Linden, I have no idea what are the restrictions of my current WP. All I know is I have 90 days to do restoration after the work permit expires. But as what I have said I applied an OWP along with my inland application. So are you saying I don't need a.new LMO?
Thnx
Do you just have a close WP? If it is not an IEC working permit or a PGWP then you are on implied status, provided you have not left the country since your work permit expired. You don't need to file for a new LMO or to file for an extension of your current WP. If you have either an IEC or a PGWP the rules are different and you can not extend that type of a working permit via implied status and therefore you would need to have an LMO to continue working or you would need to quit working when the permit expires.

Linden

Dec 10, 2013
Alurra71 said:
When I got my physical AIP letter, I went to the border and asked about getting an OWP there. I was told that 'technically' I should have crossed into the US then back to Canada and then they can issue an OWP based on the rules for an inland sponsorship. Being a US citizen this wouldn't have been difficult for me to do, but if one is not a US citizen or visa exempt it could post a problem if you can't get into the US.

Anyway, it took them a few minutes to look into the rules regarding issuance of an OWP, but they found the correct information and issued me one on the spot right in the CBSA immigration office at the Windsor border. I paid the fee at the other window and was on my way.
Interesting you are the first person that I have heard of that has done this. Is there anywhere on CIC's website that references this rule?

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
Linden said:
Interesting you are the first person that I have heard of that has done this. Is there anywhere on CIC's website that references this rule?
No. The only rule I was referring to in my previous post was that the CBSA agent had to look into his system to find the rule that CIC says we can apply for an OWP once our sponsor is approved. CIC and CBSA are two different entities. I only thought of going to the border because of some of the hassles I had been given when crossing a lot to see my then fiance. One of them had told me that they issue work permits if I was qualified for one. I figured since inland rules state I could apply for an OWP once my sponsor was approved, then I was technically qualified for one. I didn't want to waste time filling out and sending in a paper or electronic application if I could do it 10 minutes from home. :D

While it worked for me, of course I don't know if it would work for anyone else. I guess if someone was in a border town, like myself, they could also try it if they didn't include their OWP with their initial application. Worst case is they get refused and have to send it online directly to CIC instead. *shrugs*

dei

Jan 14, 2014
My wife will be landing in Vancouver in a few hours! It's almost over!

Our timeline was:
AOR - April 25, 2013
AIP - February 4, 2014
OWP - February 24, 2014 (applied online a day after AIP)
DM - April 15, 2014
Landing Letter - June 25, 2014
Landing - July 24, 2014

Princess029

Dec 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 23, 2013
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
None
File Transfer...
March 2014
Thank you Linden and Alura I appreciate your response a lot but I would appreciate more if you could tell me what is IEP and PGWP means? Hehe sorry I have to ask. Thanks again