Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-13
AOR Received.
23-03-13
I can't avoid wondering what are the "other verifications for person being sponsored" at Step 2, besides medical, security and background checks.

Do they check my iPhone photos, my Facebook messages and likes? Maybe they found out I don't agree with Israel bombing Palestine and with the USA giving weapons to terrorists, or with all the social and environmental harm that Canadian mining companies do in Latin America.

How far does 'profiling' go when choosing who stays and who's kicked out?? They might even be reading this.

Would you conform to the hypocrite coolness of a peaceful, respectful, free and generous country like this??

I won't keep calm and conform just to having a dull 9-5 job, paying an ungly condo, having conformed kids and a mild dog , then retiring and wishing I was in a warm country before dying forgotten in an old people's home.

Good day to everybody!

MaxLet

May 28, 2013
Prevost, Qc
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (Now Montreal)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2013
Doc's Request.
CIC ask for MICC: 14-03-13
Nomination.....
CSQ: 09-05-2013
AOR Received.
14-03-2013
Med's Request
07-01-14
Med's Done....
09-01-14
Interview........
WAIVED!+AIP 07-01-14
Passport Req..
DM: 28-02-14
LANDED..........
15-05-2014
Maxician said:
Thanks!
You're right, but 8 months is what they say... In the inland applications 2012 forum there's people waiting for DM after 1.5+ years, so why start to worry, right? ;D No, I'll take it as it comes, the ball is not on my side now. :)

The best for you and your baby!
Oh Maxician,
so sorry to hear that you are still waiting! :( We had pretty similar app dates, I kind of assume that you had already finish with everything...!
In my case.. you can check my timeline, but i finished the hole thing yesterday when i received my PR card on the mail...
Keep us posted about you. Do you think you have a redflag? which is your local vo? Have you call cic just in case?
Good luck, God bless!

ortom

Feb 19, 2013
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Vegreville /CPC - Missisauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-07-2013
File Transfer...
03-03-2014 to CPC-M
Med's Done....
06-06-2013
I would order the notes at this time to see what is holding it back and also call CIC and ask what is going on with your file. Do not give up calling until you find an agent that is willing to help you and is nice.

Maxician said:
Thanks!
You're right, but 8 months is what they say... In the inland applications 2012 forum there's people waiting for DM after 1.5+ years, so why start to worry, right? ;D No, I'll take it as it comes, the ball is not on my side now. :)

The best for you and your baby!

Blackdisc

Star Member
Sep 24, 2013
Maxician said:
I can't avoid wondering what are the "other verifications for person being sponsored" at Step 2, besides medical, security and background checks.

Do they check my iPhone photos, my Facebook messages and likes? Maybe they found out I don't agree with Israel bombing Palestine and with the USA giving weapons to terrorists, or with all the social and environmental harm that Canadian mining companies do in Latin America.

How far does 'profiling' go when choosing who stays and who's kicked out?? They might even be reading this.

Would you conform to the hypocrite coolness of a peaceful, respectful, free and generous country like this??

I won't keep calm and conform just to having a dull 9-5 job, paying an ungly condo, having conformed kids and a mild dog , then retiring and wishing I was in a warm country before dying forgotten in an old people's home.

Good day to everybody!
LOL - Funny and true at the same time. You should think of doing a stand up.

Mocha7

Sep 17, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jul 3, 13
AOR Received.
Jul 30, 13
Interview........
AIP: Feb 7, 14
Passport Req..
OWP: Feb 13, 14
VISA ISSUED...
DM: May 19, 15
LANDED..........
Landing: TBA
bruneian said:
I got additional docs request before AND after AIP. They requested my PCC before AIP and then requested my fingerprints a week after AIP. I believe its just how CPC-M does things differently compared to CPC-V.

Congrats ruppcs on AIP!! :)
Requests on additional documents like medical exam, criminal clearance, or background check are supposed to be done after AIP.

I think ruppcs was requested for additional proof of relationship which is a different story.

To be able to apply for OWP and get approved, I think we need the letter to applicant saying one is eligible to apply permanent residence, a.k.a the AIP; instead of the letter to sponsor saying one is eligible to sponsor.

One can apply for OWP anytime and will get approved once AIP is granted.

JohnnyP

Jun 20, 2013
Toronto-->Victoria
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville--> Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
10-09-2013
Med's Request
10-01-2015
Med's Done....
03-02-2015
Interview........
16-04-2015
I sent a 2nd e-mail to my MP last night and finally got the following reply from the office.

Dear Mr. XXXX,

Thank you for contacting the office of MP Roxanne James with your concerns and thoughts RE: The inland spousal sponsorship.

I regret the frustration and inconvenience over the lack of answer to your May 23, 2014 original communication; please be advised that we couldn’t trace this communication anywhere in our system.
You certainly raise a number of interesting points regarding the inland spousal sponsorship; it would be our pleasure to pass them on, with your consent, directly to Minister Alexander’s office for his consideration. In order to determine how best our office can assist you with this, and possibly with the sponsorship process, we would request that you provide your residential address, including postal code.
Please feel free to contact us at your convenience through this email account or at the phone number mentioned below.

Sincerely,

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JohnnyP said:
I sent a 2nd e-mail to my MP last night and finally got the following reply from the office.

Dear Mr. XXXX,

Thank you for contacting the office of MP Roxanne James with your concerns and thoughts RE: The inland spousal sponsorship.

I regret the frustration and inconvenience over the lack of answer to your May 23, 2014 original communication; please be advised that we couldn't trace this communication anywhere in our system.
You certainly raise a number of interesting points regarding the inland spousal sponsorship; it would be our pleasure to pass them on, with your consent, directly to Minister Alexander's office for his consideration. In order to determine how best our office can assist you with this, and possibly with the sponsorship process, we would request that you provide your residential address, including postal code.
Please feel free to contact us at your convenience through this email account or at the phone number mentioned below.

Sincerely,
Good move Johnny. Thank you

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (now sent to CPC-M)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
SA 06-11-2014/AIP 17-11-2014
AOR Received.
26-09-2013 (didn't get email-called CIC)
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
Thanks for posting this response JohnnyP! It seems fairly proactive and positive!

Do you mind me asking what was the email you sent to them? (Unless you have already posted it, then my apologies).

I wonder if it will have any impact if more of us contact our MPs.

We applied August 14, and the date is only up to July 26, so I don’t know if we can contact our MP yet, but this wait time is really ridiculous!

JohnnyP

Jun 20, 2013
Toronto-->Victoria
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
10-09-2013
Med's Request
10-01-2015
Med's Done....
03-02-2015
Interview........
16-04-2015
This is the original e-mail I sent back in May and I mentioned in my 2nd e-mail that the processing time is now almost 12 months.

Dear Ms. Roxanne James,

I am a proud, law-abiding, tax-paying Canadian since 1992. I am writing this letter to you regarding the long processing time for Inland Spousal Sponsorship and Permanent Residency.

I hope you know that it currently takes about 18 months for the spouse of a Canadian to become a permanent resident. The first stage (sponsorship approval) takes 10 months, which means 10 months without job and no healthcare coverage for the spouse.

It's now been 9 months and 7 days since we applied for Inland Sponsorship and Permanent Residency. I understand that there are lots of applications in queue and there are always limited number of officers who are working on the applications, so we need to be patient with this process.
However, these are what I don't understand:

1. why let the husband/wife (person who's being sponsored) spend the whole time without job and no health coverage?
2. why are we left in the dark during the whole process without knowing what's going on? call center is available, but they have no idea on the details either
3. who approved to transfer all applications from CPC-Mississauga to CPC-Vegreville in the middle of the year without any notice to applicants and why did the processing time increased from 7 months to 10 months
4. why is there only 2 days worth of applications being processed at CPC-M since the applications have been transferred 3 months ago?
5. how come the courtesy is different for inland spouse sponsorship? The spouses of temporary foreign workers, students, skilled workers and other classes of immigrants are granted to work permits with processing time as short as a few month.

I had to quit my permanent job in Toronto and moved temporarily to BC with my wife to take a high paying contract job because I am the only source of income for my family. My wife is sitting at home, not being able to do anything, feeling insecure and useless during this whole time. I got married at age 40 and I would like to have kids as soon as possible, but that is also on hold because it will cost a fortune for my wife to go to hospital. My father-in-law got sick few days ago and he's in hospital now, but my wife can't travel back to visit him because there is no guarantee that the custom would let her back in to Canada.

I strongly believe that the best solution for this is either to make the inland processing time as fast as outland processing time, or to issue open work permit at the time when CIC received and acknowledged that the application is being processed.

I hope you can represent myself as your constituent and the hundreds of other Canadians and their families affected by these unexpected and unwarranted delays and make the process more efficient so that the spouses can be proud to become a Canadian and contribute to the society.

Thank you very much for reading this long letter.

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (now sent to CPC-M)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
SA 06-11-2014/AIP 17-11-2014
AOR Received.
26-09-2013 (didn't get email-called CIC)
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
Thanks for posting this!! Very well written.

I think I will follow suit and get a letter ready for our MP. We are only days apart on when our Apps were sent in. Best wishes to you for a AIP or DM soon! :)

The more of us who contact our MPs and the more MPs inquiring and taking action can do nothing but bring to light the problem and hopefully help us all out a bit!! :)

Thumbs up to you Johnny! :)

JohnnyP

Jun 20, 2013
Toronto-->Victoria
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
10-09-2013
Med's Request
10-01-2015
Med's Done....
03-02-2015
Interview........
16-04-2015
Thank you and good luck to you as well. :)

ACS said:
Thanks for posting this!! Very well written.

I think I will follow suit and get a letter ready for our MP. We are only days apart on when our Apps were sent in. Best wishes to you for a AIP or DM soon! :)

The more of us who contact our MPs and the more MPs inquiring and taking action can do nothing but bring to light the problem and hopefully help us all out a bit!! :)

Thumbs up to you Johnny! :)

yata520

Oct 9, 2013
YES!!!!!!! GOT my DM!!!!
they say my file transfer to montreal my process been completed .and letter tell me something about RPRF . so now gonna wait montreal office contact me ....
OMG OMG OMG ... i wanna cry i am keep jumping around the house ....

Daizey

Jan 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-08-2013
AOR Received.
03-09-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with App
VISA ISSUED...
AIP + DM 12-02-2015
LANDED..........
12-03-2015
yata520 said:
YES!!!!!!! GOT my DM!!!!
they say my file transfer to montreal my process been completed .and letter tell me something about RPRF . so now gonna wait montreal office contact me ....
YAY!! Congrats!! I know you're so incredibly excited right now, I'm so happy for you :)

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
yata520 said:
YES!!!!!!! GOT my DM!!!!
Congrats!:) Yesterday nothing, today you are almost done:)

yata520

Oct 9, 2013
Daizey said:
YAY!! Congrats!! I know you're so incredibly excited right now, I'm so happy for you :)
thank u so much daizey thank u ~ i am so happy i don't think will sleep tonite seriously i am crying ...