Med's Done....
Dec 6, 2013
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
June 26, 2014 (DM)
LANDED..........
July 15, 2014 in Edmonton
I got additional docs request before AND after AIP. They requested my PCC before AIP and then requested my fingerprints a week after AIP. I believe its just how CPC-M does things differently compared to CPC-V.

Congrats ruppcs on AIP!! :)

Linden

Dec 10, 2013
bruneian said:
I got additional docs request before AND after AIP. They requested my PCC before AIP and then requested my fingerprints a week after AIP. I believe its just how CPC-M does things differently compared to CPC-V.
But did they ask you for more proof of relationship documents? That is what they asked ruppcs.

Yes after AIP it's not uncommon for them to ask for PCC, fingerprints, medicals(if not done or expired) etc.

bruneian

Jun 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
NOC Code......
PCC waived, Fingerprints 06/02/14
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jul 10, 2013
Doc's Request.
June 2, 2014 (AIP)
AOR Received.
Aug 3, 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 6, 2013
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
June 26, 2014 (DM)
LANDED..........
AchankengCrawford said:
I never heard back from my MP regarding the email I sent in May. I am writing again today, pretty much because I am going crazy. Here's what I sent this time.

To MP Hawn,

I sent the below email to your office on May 21st and did not get a response. I am writing again today as I am increasingly frustrated with the direction that Minister Alexander has taken with the Inland Spousal Sponsorship program. We have now been waiting for first stage approval for 11 months. The government's response to these delays (blaming the previous government: http://www.thestar.com/news/immigration/2014/06/29/foreign_spouses_trapped_in_canada_due_to_sponsorship_backlog.html) has been completely unsatisfactory as the wait times have almost doubled within the past year. The transfer of inland applications to CPC-Mississauga from CPC-Vegreville has done nothing but cause an extreme slow down of application.

Many people believe that this is a deliberate move on behalf of Minister Alexander to discourage people from using the inland application stream. The ministry now seems to be presenting that they have consistently discouraged inland spousal sponsorship as opposed to outland spousal sponsorship. However, if you go to apply on the website, it indicates that if you are in Canada, you should apply inland, not outland. In fact, it is very difficult to find any indication of which route is preferred except as a response to legitimate commentary on the lack of progress of inland applications.

I am not entirely sure what you are able to do about this process, but my understanding is that you are the most appropriate avenue to effect change in this area. I would also like to apologise if the tone of this email is terse; it is not intentional or directed towards you or your staff, but more so is an expression of my daily frustration with CIC and my disappointment in having this occur in a country which prides itself in its diversity and is built on immigration.

Thank you for your consideration.
Achan, I just read your letter. I just want to say it is very well written and I hope that Linda replies. I've sent her lots of follow ups and she usually just reply by calling you back. Good luck.

bruneian

Jun 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jul 10, 2013
Doc's Request.
June 2, 2014 (AIP)
AOR Received.
Aug 3, 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 6, 2013
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
June 26, 2014 (DM)
LANDED..........
Linden said:
But did they ask you for more proof of relationship documents? That is what they asked ruppcs.

Yes after AIP it's not uncommon for them to ask for PCC, fingerprints, medicals(if not done or expired) etc.
To my understanding they can ask for anything any time before a decision is made.

MaxLet

May 28, 2013
Prevost, Qc
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (Now Montreal)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2013
Doc's Request.
CIC ask for MICC: 14-03-13
Nomination.....
CSQ: 09-05-2013
AOR Received.
14-03-2013
Med's Request
07-01-14
Med's Done....
09-01-14
Interview........
WAIVED!+AIP 07-01-14
Passport Req..
DM: 28-02-14
LANDED..........
15-05-2014
Hi guys! Just in case someone needs to know...
Just got my PR card on the mail. I landed may 15th in Montreal. :)
Good luck fellow applicants! God bless

ruppcs

Star Member
Jan 19, 2014
bruneian said:

Congrats ruppcs on AIP!! :)
Wow! They really put you through the ringer! I see it all happened quickly though, so that's good. About six weeks from doc request. Would you mind answering a few questions?

-what docs did you send?
-how did you send them? Snail mail or email? I see there is an email address but it isn't clear if documents can be sent to it

We are also in the Edmonton area. Looks like there is not much wait time for the PR interviews. Congrats on being done with this process and thank you for sticking around to help us who are still wading through it!

bruneian

Jun 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jul 10, 2013
Doc's Request.
June 2, 2014 (AIP)
AOR Received.
Aug 3, 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 6, 2013
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
June 26, 2014 (DM)
LANDED..........
ruppcs said:
Wow! They really put you through the ringer! I see it all happened quickly though, so that's good. About six weeks from doc request. Would you mind answering a few questions?

-what docs did you send?
-how did you send them? Snail mail or email? I see there is an email address but it isn't clear if documents can be sent to it

We are also in the Edmonton area. Looks like there is not much wait time for the PR interviews. Congrats on being done with this process and thank you for sticking around to help us who are still wading through it!
Yeah they did! im pretty sure the extra precaution is due to me born in my home country but remained stateless.
For my relationship proof i had sent through snail mail with original app: couple of phone bills with my number calling his and vice versa. (we were never common law but lived in edmonton during the whole courtship), 3 pages of pics (we tried to make a timeline over the past 3 yrs of dating before marriage), itineraries of him going back with me to my home country twice. i've read that it will also help if you include joint lease, proof of joint accounts, proof of you being on his employer insurance...

When I got request for PCC I asked for exemption due to being here at 18. I emailed them with proof and also snail mail them. here is their email: cpcm-extcom@cic.gc.ca
Be sure to quote officer initials working on your file. (and ofcourse your UCI and application number, full name, birthdate, type of application) It will be in your AIP email on the very bottom where the officer "signed"

They never replied to my email and letter though.
My MP also never contacted them and basically told me to do as I were told.

TLDR; If you snail mail or email, address it to the officer working on your file since you already got AIP. Then less likely your letter or email will get lost somewhere.

Linden

Dec 10, 2013
ruppcs said:
So, hubby talked to an agent today to get the link to apply for OWP. The agent told him he thinks he will be refused because he was asked to send additional proof of our relationship. This isn't correct, is it? I was approved as sponsor and my understanding is that's all that is needed for him to apply. That is first stage approval, right?
ruppcs is this what your email looked like?

************************************************************************************************
This letter refers to the application to sponsor a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class you submitted to this office on behalf of(Type name of applicant here)and family. You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. The application for permanent residence will be processed separately and the applicant will hear from this office shortly.Your sponsorship agreement is a formal agreement between you and your family member. As asponsor, you have made a commitment to provide for the lodging,care and support of your family memberin the event that they are unable or unwilling to support themselves. If your family member’s application for permanent residence is approved, your obligation will begin the day on which your family member becomes a permanent resident of Canada. If yourfamily member entered Canada on a temporary resident permit following an application for permanent residence, your obligation will begin onthe date of that entry into Canada.Your obligations
for your family member will end as follows:

*************************************************************************************************

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
Linden said:
ruppcs is this what your email looked like?

************************************************************************************************
This letter refers to the application to sponsor a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class you submitted to this office on behalf of(Type name of applicant here)and family. You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. The application for permanent residence will be processed separately and the applicant will hear from this office shortly.Your sponsorship agreement is a formal agreement between you and your family member. As asponsor, you have made a commitment to provide for the lodging,care and support of your family memberin the event that they are unable or unwilling to support themselves. If your family member's application for permanent residence is approved, your obligation will begin the day on which your family member becomes a permanent resident of Canada. If yourfamily member entered Canada on a temporary resident permit following an application for permanent residence, your obligation will begin onthe date of that entry into Canada.Your obligations
for your family member will end as follows:

*************************************************************************************************
Even if this is the only email that Ruppcs received, her spouse is still eligible to apply for an OWP as technically this IS AIP, even though the applicant did not receive the email signifying this yet. This particular email will NOT work if you are trying to get an OWP from a land border crossing (yes, that can be done) or used as 'proof' to obtain OHIP either as it is not directly addressed to the applicant. If your spouse does NOT receive an email, wait roughly 2 weeks, and then contact CIC. Inform them you received no 'official' email statement that you have gotten to stage 2 which you need to apply for various services, such as OHIP, and they will email you a new 'AIP letter'.

Linden

Dec 10, 2013
Alurra71 said:
Even if this is the only email that Ruppcs received, her spouse is still eligible to apply for an OWP as technically this IS AIP, even though the applicant did not receive the email signifying this yet. This particular email will NOT work if you are trying to get an OWP from a land border crossing (yes, that can be done) or used as 'proof' to obtain OHIP either as it is not directly addressed to the applicant. If your spouse does NOT receive an email, wait roughly 2 weeks, and then contact CIC. Inform them you received no 'official' email statement that you have gotten to stage 2 which you need to apply for various services, such as OHIP, and they will email you a new 'AIP letter'.
But I believe Ruppcs still needs to send additional proof of relationship, as requested by CIC, before they issue the 'AIP letter'.

So you can get an OWP from a lander border crossing with an AIP letter? If true that would be easy.

AchankengCrawford

Feb 13, 2013
Cameroon
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville to Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2013
AOR Received.
14-09-2013
bruneian said:
Achan, I just read your letter. I just want to say it is very well written and I hope that Linda replies. I've sent her lots of follow ups and she usually just reply by calling you back. Good luck.
So, after sending the email, I got an immediate response (20 mins later) from someone in the Ottawa office saying that they would personally follow up with the Edmonton office to make sure that someone communicates with me. I'm pretty sure this is because my first email was never responded to. Today, I got two follow up emails, one from the Ottawa staffer indicating that Edmonton would be in contact with me shortly and one from Edmonton asking me to come in sometime in the am during the week to meet with Linda with any documentation that can help them make an inquiry. I'm assuming that'll just be my/my partner's UCI. I have some time Thurs of next week, so I'll see if I can go then and update you all when I do.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
fishbone17 said:
Congrats to everyone getting good news this week. Hoping to receive AIP this week as well. My timeline is as follows:
Application Sent with Open Work Permit App - Aug 1
AOR Received - Aug 27
My application has been transferred to CPC-Mississauga last March.
Just wanted to send out this post to possibly help fellow inlanders during the waiting time.

Friends, if you have the resources to VOLUNTEER in your community, please do. It makes time pass faster, you get to help people, and networking helps to establish connections. Volunteering even helped me secure a job once I have my open work permit.
Aside from that there are some volunteer jobs that give honorarium in the form of grocery giftcards and transit passes, and some volunteer supervisors can be indicated as references in your resume. You can also include your volunteer work in your resume so once the OWP comes through, it will reflect that you were making productive use of your time.

If this post has helped anyone, then it has served its purpose. My next post will probably be saying that I have received AIP and CIC has started processing August applications.
Cheers!
Thanks for checking in, I've added you to the spreadsheet!

ruppcs

Star Member
Jan 19, 2014
bruneian said:
Yeah they did! im pretty sure the extra precaution is due to me born in my home country but remained stateless.
For my relationship proof i had sent through snail mail with original app: couple of phone bills with my number calling his and vice versa. (we were never common law but lived in edmonton during the whole courtship), 3 pages of pics (we tried to make a timeline over the past 3 yrs of dating before marriage), itineraries of him going back with me to my home country twice. i've read that it will also help if you include joint lease, proof of joint accounts, proof of you being on his employer insurance...

When I got request for PCC I asked for exemption due to being here at 18. I emailed them with proof and also snail mail them. here is their email: cpcm-extcom @ cic.gc.ca
Be sure to quote officer initials working on your file. (and ofcourse your UCI and application number, full name, birthdate, type of application) It will be in your AIP email on the very bottom where the officer "signed"

They never replied to my email and letter though.
My MP also never contacted them and basically told me to do as I were told.

TLDR; If you snail mail or email, address it to the officer working on your file since you already got AIP. Then less likely your letter or email will get lost somewhere.
Thank you!

bruneian

Jun 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jul 10, 2013
Doc's Request.
June 2, 2014 (AIP)
AOR Received.
Aug 3, 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 6, 2013
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
June 26, 2014 (DM)
LANDED..........
AchankengCrawford said:
So, after sending the email, I got an immediate response (20 mins later) from someone in the Ottawa office saying that they would personally follow up with the Edmonton office to make sure that someone communicates with me. I'm pretty sure this is because my first email was never responded to. Today, I got two follow up emails, one from the Ottawa staffer indicating that Edmonton would be in contact with me shortly and one from Edmonton asking me to come in sometime in the am during the week to meet with Linda with any documentation that can help them make an inquiry. I'm assuming that'll just be my/my partner's UCI. I have some time Thurs of next week, so I'll see if I can go then and update you all when I do.
Achan, so happy to hear. Thank you for your update!
Yes I brought in all correspondence from cic, which is basically aor and letter about the transfer. I also brought my gcms notes (printed from email) but that was not needed. You just go and sign consent of sponsor and applicant. Bring ur wife or hubby with you. She said my complain about the delay is a little too strong. So she will omit that part when she inquire about my file with CPC M. Which really annoys me because there was no movement for 4 months at that point.

ruppcs

Star Member
Jan 19, 2014
Hi Linden and Alurra71,

Linden, that is the email I received. No offense but I sure hope allurra is correct! That would be easier. Either way, we're going to send the OWP app as well as the documents. It should work out. Just hoping it's quick! Thanks for your help!