25-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-07-2013
File Transfer...
03-03-2014 to CPC-M
Med's Done....
06-06-2013
Congratulations!!!!
How about more pictures taken during the time your app was in process? Movie tickets? Any bills with his name (gov mail for ex, if all the bills are under your name. Joint banking if you have one? The tax return showing him as your husband. Any trips you might have had during the time it was in process (i.e hotel bookings). Life insurances with each other as beneficiaries if applicable. If one of you is listed on the others work health benefits, proof of that. Text messages sent to each other during this time or Phone calls to each other.
ruppcs said:
Hubby got an email asking for proof of our relationship. I'm not sure what to send. Everything is in my name and we sent all our pics and letters from friends and family.

Mocha7

Sep 17, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jul 3, 13
AOR Received.
Jul 30, 13
Interview........
AIP: Feb 7, 14
Passport Req..
OWP: Feb 13, 14
VISA ISSUED...
DM: May 19, 15
LANDED..........
Landing: TBA
ruppcs said:
Hubby got an email asking for proof of our relationship. I'm not sure what to send. Everything is in my name and we sent all our pics and letters from friends and family.
That's weird they sent you AIP and also request of more proof of relationship. Before I thought the usual combos are "AIP"+"Eligible Sponsor" or "More proof"+"Eligible Sponsor". With CIC anything could happen though.

You can send the new stuff generated from the date you submitted to present.

flange12

Star Member
Sep 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-08-2013
AOR Received.
27-08-2013
Med's Done....
15-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 13-01-2015
LANDED..........
11-03-2015

Linden

Dec 10, 2013
ruppcs said:
Sorry I'm a little confused didn't you just get AIP? I thought after AIP, CIC have done their check of the relationship. Not sure why they are asking for additional documents. Anyways congrats. What did CIC say in their email?

Daizey

Jan 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-08-2013
AOR Received.
03-09-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with App
VISA ISSUED...
AIP + DM 12-02-2015
LANDED..........
12-03-2015
ruppcs said:
Woohoo!!! Just got AIP!!!!!!
Congrats! Thats great news! :D

ruppcs

Star Member
Jan 19, 2014
Thank you sooo much for the congrats guys. I'm so relieved I could cry! Also thanks for the suggestions. I do have a tax return and he's on my healthcare plan. As well, we have a joint bank account so those should work. Now, we get to apply for an OWP. I sure hope that comes quickly.

I also hope I'm not the only one with good news this week. Come on CIC! Keep it coming!!!

greg10

Star Member
Apr 3, 2014
ruppcs said:
Thank you sooo much for the congrats guys. I'm so relieved I could cry! Also thanks for the suggestions. I do have a tax return and he's on my healthcare plan. As well, we have a joint bank account so those should work. Now, we get to apply for an OWP. I sure hope that comes quickly.

I also hope I'm not the only one with good news this week. Come on CIC! Keep it coming!!!
congratulations!!! When did you submit your application?

fishbone17

Nov 4, 2012
Congrats to everyone getting good news this week. Hoping to receive AIP this week as well. My timeline is as follows:
Application Sent with Open Work Permit App - Aug 1
AOR Received - Aug 27
My application has been transferred to CPC-Mississauga last March.
Just wanted to send out this post to possibly help fellow inlanders during the waiting time.

Friends, if you have the resources to VOLUNTEER in your community, please do. It makes time pass faster, you get to help people, and networking helps to establish connections. Volunteering even helped me secure a job once I have my open work permit.
Aside from that there are some volunteer jobs that give honorarium in the form of grocery giftcards and transit passes, and some volunteer supervisors can be indicated as references in your resume. You can also include your volunteer work in your resume so once the OWP comes through, it will reflect that you were making productive use of your time.

If this post has helped anyone, then it has served its purpose. My next post will probably be saying that I have received AIP and CIC has started processing August applications.
Cheers!

Princess029

Dec 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 23, 2013
AOR Received.
September 15, 2013/ Start pocessing
IELTS Request
None
File Transfer...
March 2014
ruppcs said:

Rupps when did your submit your application?

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (now sent to CPC-M)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
SA 06-11-2014/AIP 17-11-2014
AOR Received.
26-09-2013 (didn't get email-called CIC)
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
Congrats ruppcs!!! :)

I just got my…..GCMS notes! Might not be AIP, but anything is exciting at this point… ::)

I was almost hyperventilating at work, until I looked at them…..27 pages of nothing pretty much. My husbands medical says not started, though looks like it was extended til September (or it would have already expired in June). My status as sponsor, Not Started. My husbands criminality says In Process.

There were NO notes about us, and what they think of our relationship.

The only thing was an email from CPC Etobicoke and CPC-M, because we sent in a Request for Criminal Rehabilitation For Information Only, since we are unsure if the record he has in the US makes him ineligible. (He crossed from Canada to US in 2005). There is no corresponding section in the criminal code in Canada, and the call center advised us to proceed that way. So in March Etobicoke sent an email to CPC-M asking if they are going to keep our Application and process it, or if they will be sending it to Etobicoke for processing…..

No response on file since March about that….

*sigh* stressss….nervous……..now I got a crazy headache at work!!!

linxord

Apr 10, 2013
ACS said:
Congrats ruppcs!!! :)

I just got my.....GCMS notes! Might not be AIP, but anything is exciting at this point... ::)

I was almost hyperventilating at work, until I looked at them.....27 pages of nothing pretty much. My husbands medical says not started, though looks like it was extended til September (or it would have already expired in June). My status as sponsor, Not Started. My husbands criminality says In Process.

There were NO notes about us, and what they think of our relationship.

The only thing was an email from CPC Etobicoke and CPC-M, because we sent in a Request for Criminal Rehabilitation For Information Only, since we are unsure if the record he has in the US makes him ineligible. (He crossed from Canada to US in 2005). There is no corresponding section in the criminal code in Canada, and the call center advised us to proceed that way. So in March Etobicoke sent an email to CPC-M asking if they are going to keep our Application and process it, or if they will be sending it to Etobicoke for processing.....

No response on file since March about that....

*sigh* stressss....nervous........now I got a crazy headache at work!!!
Gotta stay strong and positive! :) Everything will be good.

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (now sent to CPC-M)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
SA 06-11-2014/AIP 17-11-2014
AOR Received.
26-09-2013 (didn't get email-called CIC)
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
linxord said:
Gotta stay strong and positive! :) Everything will be good.
Thanks....but it's hard. With the issue in the US, is the only reason we could be refused, but it's still a possability. Then my son and I would have to leave Canada too, we are not going to be seperated from my husband.....

Also...on another note....our file was transfered from Vegreville to Mississauga on January 26, 2014!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't believe it's been there that long and 99% of it is NOT STARTED!!!

What in the WORLD are they DOING over there?!?!?!??!

nismopinoy

Oct 16, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2014
AOR Received.
30-01-2014
Med's Done....
19-09-2014
Hi guys!!

Any inputs. Please and thank you. :)

My wife gave birth January 2014 and we sent our application December 30. We haven't notify yet the CIC although we received the AOR January 30.

How can we notify the CIC? Is it mandatory? We're planning to include the proof when my wife undergo medical in a month or 2. Thanks

GatorSPO

Aug 29, 2013
ACS said:
Can't believe it's been there that long and 99% of it is NOT STARTED!!!

What in the WORLD are they DOING over there?!?!?!??!
Fairly typical. The apps just sit and collect dust until it comes to the top and then they get it knocked out in a few hours/days.
Similar experience when I was waiting for my US PR card: A multi-year queue and it just sits without action until they finally reach it, then a quick resolution if its a clear and easy case...