03-09-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with App
VISA ISSUED...
AIP + DM 12-02-2015
LANDED..........
12-03-2015
kismetfatum said:
Good news (I think??) they updated the CIC website, now they are working on July 11, 2013 applications. Jumped a whole day forward! :'(
Any movement is better than none, like we had for 4 months straight, lol. :D

To be honest though, we know they're working on apps later than that, we had an AIP from a July 15th applicant just yesterday! Hang in there guys, our time will come. :)

rvaburay84

Mar 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 8, 2013
AOR Received.
Sep 9, 2013
I totally agree !! This forum is a reliable source of information !!!

bruneian

Jun 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
NOC Code......
PCC waived, Fingerprints 06/02/14
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jul 10, 2013
Doc's Request.
June 2, 2014 (AIP)
AOR Received.
Aug 3, 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 6, 2013
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
June 26, 2014 (DM)
LANDED..........
July 15, 2014 in Edmonton
Omg guys this is such a nightmare. I bet it has something to do with my country not giving citizenship as a birth right (I'm a pr in my home country hence rendering me stateless)

I received another request from cic today to do fingerprints. Already booked an appointment for Monday and it is done electronically and sent to RCMP in Ontario. Anyone know how long this will take cic to receive it?

It's the exact same letter as my police cert request for my home country but replaced with finger print request received today. This doesn't mean they waive my police certificate right??

Oh and I have zero criminal history. I don't even drive yet!! (No parking fines, traffic tickets etc) My country is known to be safe. Rules are strict. I can't believe my luck!!

jayshe25

Star Member
Sep 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville,AB Transfer to Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2013
AOR Received.
30-08-2013
File Transfer...
01-03-2014
Med's Request
24-10-2014
Med's Done....
28-10-2014
Interview........
March 16, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
March 16, 2015
LANDED..........
March 16, 2015
todare said:
Don't get excited. They told me that last month. You get a rude phone call from them basically saying nothing is happening. They told me to phone back in june.
They called me apri 16 and they told me that they just started working on my file which was send august 6, 2013 they told me also for me to expect something by June 16 2 months the day they called and if ever I don't received anything they told me to call them back

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
bruneian said:
Omg guys this is such a nightmare. I bet it has something to do with my country not giving citizenship as a birth right (I'm a pr in my home country hence rendering me stateless)

I received another request from cic today to do fingerprints. Already booked an appointment for Monday and it is done electronically and sent to RCMP in Ontario. Anyone know how long this will take cic to receive it?

It's the exact same letter as my police cert request for my home country but replaced with finger print request received today. This doesn't mean they waive my police certificate right??

Oh and I have zero criminal history. I don't even drive yet!! (No parking fines, traffic tickets etc) My country is known to be safe. Rules are strict. I can't believe my luck!!
Just curious here. If you are considered to be stateless, how did you enter Canada without a passport? Did you come in as a refugee?

Just trying to be educated in how stateless people can enter Canada.

bruneian

Jun 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jul 10, 2013
Doc's Request.
June 2, 2014 (AIP)
AOR Received.
Aug 3, 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 6, 2013
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
June 26, 2014 (DM)
LANDED..........
screech339 said:
Just curious here. If you are considered to be stateless, how did you enter Canada without a passport? Did you come in as a refugee?

Just trying to be educated in how stateless people can enter Canada.
My country issues ici (international certificates of identity) that looks and acts like passports. Since we have ici's we are not considered refugees. Actually since childhood I've been travelling a lot to many countries. The big difference is I have to apply for travel visas in most countries.

bruneian

Jun 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jul 10, 2013
Doc's Request.
June 2, 2014 (AIP)
AOR Received.
Aug 3, 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 6, 2013
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
June 26, 2014 (DM)
LANDED..........
I first came into canada 6 years ago with a study permit and now on my post grad work permit.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
bruneian said:
My country issues ici (international certificates of identity) that looks and acts like passports. Since we have ici's we are not considered refugees. Actually since childhood I've been travelling a lot to many countries. The big difference is I have to apply for travel visas in most countries.
Interesting. I'm not familiar with international certificates of identity. Learn something new every day.

bruneian

Jun 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jul 10, 2013
Doc's Request.
June 2, 2014 (AIP)
AOR Received.
Aug 3, 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 6, 2013
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
June 26, 2014 (DM)
LANDED..........
screech339 said:
Interesting. I'm not familiar with international certificates of identity. Learn something new every day.
Yeah it's a pain in the butt to travel with for sure. Doesn't help that nobody have ever heard of it and that it's written in Arabic (and English). Instant association with Middle eastern countries. We are in the heart of South East Asia though.

Cic didn't give me that much trouble with my temp visas before. But maybe because it's well.. Temporary

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
bruneian said:
Yeah it's a pain in the butt to travel with for sure. Doesn't help that nobody have ever heard of it and that it's written in Arabic (and English). Instant association with Middle eastern countries. We are in the heart of South East Asia though.

Cic didn't give me that much trouble with my temp visas before. But maybe because it's well.. Temporary
Can you even get a record of birth in your country even though you are stateless?

bruneian

Jun 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jul 10, 2013
Doc's Request.
June 2, 2014 (AIP)
AOR Received.
Aug 3, 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 6, 2013
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
June 26, 2014 (DM)
LANDED..........
screech339 said:
Can you even get a record of birth in your country even though you are stateless?
Yes. I have a birth certificate. I know it sounds strange haha. You can choose to write the citizenship exam when you're of age. But it's very difficult compared to the one here. It's in the royal language similar to the national language.

Linden

Dec 10, 2013
bruneian said:
Yes. I have a birth certificate. I know it sounds strange haha. You can choose to write the citizenship exam when you're of age. But it's very difficult compared to the one here. It's in the royal language similar to the national language.
Going by your forum name I assume you are from Brunei? Did not get citizenship from your parents' nationality or are they stateless as well?

In any case I think getting fingerprints done with RCMP will be a much quicker process for you at the end of the day than getting a police certificate from Brunei. You mentioned you are getting electronic fingerprints which is good it shouldn't take them too long to complete their checks. Some people are reporting fingerprints requests even if they have all their documents in order.

bruneian

Jun 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jul 10, 2013
Doc's Request.
June 2, 2014 (AIP)
AOR Received.
Aug 3, 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 6, 2013
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
June 26, 2014 (DM)
LANDED..........
Linden said:
Going by your forum name I assume you are from Brunei? Did not get citizenship from your parents' nationality or are they stateless as well?

In any case I think getting fingerprints done with RCMP will be a much quicker process for you at the end of the day than getting a police certificate from Brunei. You mentioned you are getting electronic fingerprints which is good it shouldn't take them too long to complete their checks. Some people are reporting fingerprints requests even if they have all their documents in order.
Yes i am so glad for electronic fingerprinting! My parents are stateless as well. I believe a long long time ago my ancestors came from China on a boat or something.

Just wondering from your experience of the 2012 forum (screech) and linden, is it common that cic request for documents at two different occasions?

HARMIN

Dec 19, 2013
vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
cpc vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug,02/2013
AOR Received.
Aug,22/2013
File Transfer...
cpc-v to cpc-m on 03/03/2014
Med's Done....
June,13/2013 and PCC Feb,3/2014
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
AIP 14,OCT,2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 14,0CT,2014
LANDED..........
Never Gonna Happend That
Linden said:

First I Wanna Say Congrats To Bruneian ....
Now Linden ..there got few countries in this world those don't give their citizenship to u even u born their and born from citizen parents and i am the one also belongs to that kind country ....I am from Singapore and In Singapore we have to finished National Service to become a Official Singapore Citizen ..Otherwise we r just a Permanent Resident In Singapore ..Every Singaporean guy have to give his 3 years to Country ...If u moved to other country without finished National Service then better u don't ever go back to Singapore , If u return to Singapore after few years then u will be charged under military Act And Will be punished According military laws And u r not allowed to leave Singapore after Finished ur prison term ...
I don't know much about bruneian country but i am sure their must be got some rules to obtained citizenship and bruneian not aware about that ...... 8)