+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2013

Linden

Dec 10, 2013
XiningMAMA said:
Doesn't this seem fast? :

"We received your application for permanent residence on September 25, 2013.

We started processing your application on May 21, 2014.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision."

This includes a 6 week delay while we scrambled to get police clearance letters from two countries in Asia.
My husband (the applicant) is a US citizen.

Okay- I've tried to come up with a clear answer. "The office will contact you..." Will they phone, email or send a letter? How long can I expect to wait. My husband will be landing in Vancouver. Also, can he apply for a SIN once "landing" or does he have to wait for the PR card?
Did you apply inland or outland?

Ass2014

Apr 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPM-v transfer to CPM-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
12-09-2013
Med's Done....
Yes up front
Interview........
----
Passport Req..
------
VISA ISSUED...
----
LANDED..........
02-27-2015
They dont transfer your application to mississauga?

Brazilian Canadian

Star Member
Nov 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V // CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
XiningMAMA said:

A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision."

This includes a 6 week delay while we scrambled to get police clearance letters from two countries in Asia.

Okay- I've tried to come up with a clear answer. "The office will contact you..." Will they phone, email or send a letter? How long can I expect to wait. My husband will be landing in Vancouver. Also, can he apply for a SIN once "landing" or does he have to wait for the PR card?
You have received AIP before!?

marylou

Aug 22, 2010
North York, Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Submitted to Vegreville - Now Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2014
AOR Received.
04-02-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
02-01-2014
XiningMAMA said:
Forgive my ignorance- what is AIP again? I was approved to sponsor him Oct 10, 2014.
I am confused by the dates........

Rusalka

Star Member
Dec 4, 2013
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Daizey said:
After your second phase is complete (they finish looking at all of the applicant's information) you'll then get a notice of DM (decision made). That pretty much just means that the reviewing of your application is complete, and then you have to wait for another notice of where you'll land at your local office. You're not officially "landed" until you go to that interview. After that, you are technically PR, then you just have to wait for your PR card. :)
thanks. But between technically PR and receiving PR card I heard 3 months can pass...
Is at least possible to make this process faster?
Or for ex I receive confirmation that I am PR, go to my Motherland for 5 weeks, and my husband send me PR by DHL? Or meet me on border on the way back. Otherwise I need visa, I am from country from which visa is required.
By the way do they ever refuse to give PR?

Brazilian Canadian

Star Member
Nov 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V // CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
XiningMAMA said:
Forgive my ignorance- what is AIP again? I was approved to sponsor him Oct 10, 2014.
As you said, I'm assuming you got approved to sponsor (AIP) on October 10, 2013... So you got AIP with a month of sending your application?
That's very odd, you should get AOR (Acknowledged of receipt) in October 2013, if you applied in September 2013.
I'm not sure about your timeline, very different from the formal timeline.

nurse2012

Star Member
Jun 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 30, 2013
AOR Received.
Aug 24, 2013
Med's Done....
Sent with app
LANDED..........
Jan 19, 2015
kismetfatum said:
Hi nurse2012, I guess we are on a similar boat! I was told by my lawyer that since I applied for the OWP with the sponsorship, that you can continue to work, as you are in an implied status. I've read here a few times the same was posted, but still worry about it. I am not sure if when I apply for EI if they will ask for a new SIN as mine will expire in October, and I'm applying for EI in august. Wondering if they said anything to you about that? Again, thanks everyone for posting and keeping high spirits! I want to stay positive but it's hard. :)
Hi kismetfatum, when I applied EI, i was asked to submit the proof of OWP application (the reciept). You don't need to give them new SIN.
However, I asked CIC agent. He said whether I will get pay or not after my PGWP expaired is up to my employer and EI department even I have the reciept.

Daizey

Jan 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-08-2013
AOR Received.
03-09-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with App
VISA ISSUED...
AIP + DM 12-02-2015
LANDED..........
12-03-2015
Rusalka said:
thanks. But between technically PR and receiving PR card I heard 3 months can pass...
Is at least possible to make this process faster?
Or for ex I receive confirmation that I am PR, go to my Motherland for 5 weeks, and my husband send me PR by DHL? Or meet me on border on the way back. Otherwise I need visa, I am from country from which visa is required.
By the way do they ever refuse to give PR?
Unfortunately I don't think there's any way to speed this process up. :( Before getting your PR card, you can leave the country, but you may or may not be able to return. If your husband sent you the PR card, you should be okay...as long as you have it with you when you try to re-enter the country. At least that's what I'm guessing...I would suggest actually contacting CIC if you want a more definite answer. :)

As to refusing PR, I'm sure they have every now and then...it depends on your case. If they see an application as fraudulent in any way, more than likely it would be refused. I'm thinking these cases are very few and far between though. :) Because we're being sponsored by our partners, there's really no way to be denied, other than if the relationship is a fraud or if you have a questionable background.

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
XiningMAMA said:

Reading some of your previous posts, it would appear that you applied for an OUTLAND sponsorship because your spouse was still working in Asia at the time you applied? Was your file sent to Vegreville or to Ottawa? Did you apply for an INLAND sponsorship application while your spouse was actually still living/working in Asia?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
XiningMAMA said:
We applied inland. Weird, right?
If you applied in Sep 2013 and were approved as the sponsor in Oct 2013 (even though you wrote Oct 2014), there's no way this was an Inland application. You must have filed an Outland application while you were `waiting' Inland (in Canada).

AchankengCrawford

Feb 13, 2013
Cameroon
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville to Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2013
AOR Received.
14-09-2013
Daizey said:
As to refusing PR, I'm sure they have every now and then...it depends on your case. If they see an application as fraudulent in any way, more than likely it would be refused. I'm thinking these cases are very few and far between though. :) Because we're being sponsored by our partners, there's really no way to be denied, other than if the relationship is a fraud or if you have a questionable background.
I was informed by an immigration reporter that 3% of inland spousal sponsorships are deemed fraudulent and that another 12% are denied. I'm not sure why the other 12% are denied, but my best guess is that the couple is ineligible (owes an immigration loan, common-law for less than a year, under 18, had sponsored a different spouse within the past five years, legally married to someone else, criminal inadmissibility, etc.) or possibly they don't have enough proof?