Dec 6, 2013
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
June 26, 2014 (DM)
LANDED..........
July 15, 2014 in Edmonton
I also got an email 2 mins later:

It doesn't look like DM tho :( means I probably need to submit my PCC?

Dear Bruneian

This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Spouse or
Common-Law Partner in Canada Class.
It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class. Please note that a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent resident have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks for you and, if applicable, all of your family members, both in Canada and abroad, even if they are not applying to join you in Canada at this time. You cannot become a permanent resident until you and all your family members have met these requirements.

bruneian

Jun 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
NOC Code......
PCC waived, Fingerprints 06/02/14
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jul 10, 2013
Doc's Request.
June 2, 2014 (AIP)
AOR Received.
Aug 3, 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 6, 2013
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
June 26, 2014 (DM)
LANDED..........
God be with us said:
Awesome news :D.......congratulations......

Thanks everyone, you are next god be with us! I'm currently at 10 month 3 weeks so very close to 11. They used to work ahead of posted date guess not anymore :-[

JohnnyP

Jun 20, 2013
Toronto-->Victoria
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville--> Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
10-09-2013
Med's Request
10-01-2015
Med's Done....
03-02-2015
Interview........
16-04-2015
bruneian said:
Guys we got AIP more than an hour ago!!

Email says

Dear bruneian's husband,
This refers to the Application to Sponsor a member of the Spouse or Common-Law Partner In Canada Class you submitted to this office on behalf of Bruneian.
You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. The Application for Permanent Residence (APR) for your relative will be processed separately and he/she will be contacted shortly
Congratulations!! Really happy for you. This is a great news to open the week. They actually start working on Monday!!

PRsoon

Star Member
Nov 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
10-09-2013
bruneian said:
I also got an email 2 mins later:

It doesn't look like DM tho :( means I probably need to submit my PCC?

Dear Bruneian

This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Spouse or
Common-Law Partner in Canada Class.
It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class. Please note that a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent resident have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks for you and, if applicable, all of your family members, both in Canada and abroad, even if they are not applying to join you in Canada at this time. You cannot become a permanent resident until you and all your family members have met these requirements.
Great news to start the week!!!!!!!

God be with us

May 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC- Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-07-2013
AOR Received.
14-08-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with application
Interview........
Thankfully not reqrd
VISA ISSUED...
13-6-2014
LANDED..........
24-6-2014
bankerguy said:
You're a July 15th applicant..you must be feeling very excited to see that AIP!! if you get your aip this week or early next week be sure to update your profile here please!!!
Hey,

Absolutely no words to explain the level of anxiety. It's been tough for all of us......I will be more than happy to update about my AIP :D

May God Bless Us All!!

God be with us

May 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC- Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-07-2013
AOR Received.
14-08-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with application
Interview........
Thankfully not reqrd
VISA ISSUED...
13-6-2014
LANDED..........
24-6-2014
bruneian said:
Thanks everyone, you are next god be with us! I'm currently at 10 month 3 weeks so very close to 11. They used to work ahead of posted date guess not anymore :-[
Hey, yes m next and trying to stay positive :D. CIC truly knows how to check patience level.
Really happy that u got ur 1st stage approval.....hopefully DM will follow soon.

bruneian

Jun 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jul 10, 2013
Doc's Request.
June 2, 2014 (AIP)
AOR Received.
Aug 3, 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 6, 2013
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
June 26, 2014 (DM)
LANDED..........
Thank you for your kind words, godbewithus! Hopefully the officer will notice the mistake that was made with my PCC and not cause any more delays for us. Or I guess another 8 month wait ahead!

Sincerely hope cic m start working more efficiently as promised for all of us here

Daizey

Jan 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-08-2013
AOR Received.
03-09-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with App
VISA ISSUED...
AIP + DM 12-02-2015
LANDED..........
12-03-2015
bruneian said:

Email says

Dear bruneian's husband,
This refers to the Application to Sponsor a member of the Spouse or Common-Law Partner In Canada Class you submitted to this office on behalf of Bruneian.
You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. The Application for Permanent Residence (APR) for your relative will be processed separately and he/she will be contacted shortly
Wow! Congrats!!! So happy for you!!! ;D

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
bruneian said:
I think it will be 11 months next week too. Unless a miracle happened and they suddenly work the normal pace. So 11 months, we went back to post strike timeline. Great. This must be the worst year to apply for PR. Although historically I don't know how it was like.
Two years ago (2012) the time was 11-12 months for AIP. This was during the conversion from FOSS to GCMS and it was very slow. Over the summer of 2012 it went from the ~12 month wait for AIP to ~5 months for AIP (at one point they were decreasing the wait time by about a month each time they updated the CIC website). I've always assumed that's because the speed improvements of GCMS finally kicked in (and the conversion must have finished).

Ironically, at the time we applied (March 2012) we did Outland specifically because processing times were much better (Outland Buffalo for PR was less than Inland AIP). But then they closed Buffalo and moved everything to Ottawa and things dragged to a crawl for US Outland as well. By September when they approved my application I figured that if I'd applied Inland I would have probably been DM at the same time anyway, given that AIP was running under 6 months (and I'd previously been examined, so the simultaneous decision made was more likely).

The stated goal has always been 6 months for spouse/partner applications, but I've never seen a time when that was the norm.

As an aside, over the weekend I noticed that the open data information suggests that about 30% of applicants are granted Decision Made simultaneous with AIP...

kismetfatum

Star Member
Jun 2, 2014
Hello everyone, I have been monitoring this site for a few weeks now and decided to join the waiting "fun". I'm a July 31st 2013 Applicant, received AOR in August 27th. File transferred to CPC-M as well and have heard nothing from them since. Medicals done with application but expiring at the end of this month, hoping I don't have to do them again as I'm pregnant and would like to avoid the X rays.. but who knows anymore! No PCC as I need to wait for CIC to request it, as I am a Mexican national. I have been living in Toronto on International Student visa (went to UofT and graduated in 2011) and post graduation work permit until October 2014. Also applied to exten my OWP just in case. Kind of getting annoyed at the wait, I need to have my SIN number renewed or a new one assigned so I can get EI. I don't know if I should complain as I work for the government myself, but not immigration, but can relate to our burocratic methods. Anyway, hope everyone stays positive and really hoping to hear something in the next few weeks. Best wishes for everyone, I know how the wait can be frustrating!

automaton82

Aug 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V // CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2013
AOR Received.
28-01-2014
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
AIP 30-04-2015 // DM 06-05-2015
LANDED..........
19-05-2015 // PR card 28-08-2015
bruneian said:

Email says

Dear bruneian's husband,
Was this from CPC-M? Or CPC-V?

And congrats!

amjad3126

Star Member
May 20, 2014
I am putting the inland application for the spouse. Please advice me about the supporting documents i need for application.
Please enlist the supporting documents i need for spouse.
Currently i have joint bank account, lease agreement, letter from doctor for pregnancy, how much financial bank statement i
required, as i am currently student.I have snaps for weeding and some trip after marriage to Toronto, Please let me know any thing that support my application to show its genuineness.
Any suggestion highly appreciated

bruneian

Jun 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jul 10, 2013
Doc's Request.
June 2, 2014 (AIP)
AOR Received.
Aug 3, 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 6, 2013
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
June 26, 2014 (DM)
LANDED..........
automaton82 said:
Was this from CPC-M? Or CPC-V?

And congrats!
Thank you. It's from CPC M

aneta35

Jan 15, 2014
This is a little off top, but I think is important especially for people that will change their addresses. I've post this on PR timeline topic, so this is copy/paste.
OMG I have enough I have to rant
So I became a PR in Feb 2014. When I landed I called CIC with the address change, no problem they put that in the file so the card will arrive at our new place. I called them in April to check. They told me that my card is still in the process and they have my new address. I was waiting and waiting, I called them today AND THIS IS WHAT I FOUND OUT: They send my card to my OLD address on MARCH 27TH !!!!!. Of course it was returned to them Right now I have to send them a SOLEMN DECLARATION and wait another 90 DAYS !!!!! I'm soooo mad!!! How they can lie to people telling me that is in process when have been send.

Linden

Dec 10, 2013
aneta35 said:
This is a little off top, but I think is important especially for people that will change their addresses. I've post this on PR timeline topic, so this is copy/paste.
OMG I have enough I have to rant
So I became a PR in Feb 2014. When I landed I called CIC with the address change, no problem they put that in the file so the card will arrive at our new place. I called them in April to check. They told me that my card is still in the process and they have my new address. I was waiting and waiting, I called them today AND THIS IS WHAT I FOUND OUT: They send my card to my OLD address on MARCH 27TH !!!!!. Of course it was returned to them Right now I have to send them a SOLEMN DECLARATION and wait another 90 DAYS !!!!! I'm soooo mad!!! How they can lie to people telling me that is in process when have been send.
Try contacting your MP about this. This is unacceptable from CIC.