App. Filed.......
25-03-2013
AOR Received.
03-04-2013
File Transfer...
AIP 21-01-2014
Med's Request
23-01-2014
ok so it means we r in the last stage ? and don't they want his passport or they will send us his landed papers visa whatever its called lol im just a little confused is this the end of the process and now we wait for ?

yata520

Oct 9, 2013
michaella1964 said:
ok so it means we r in the last stage ? and don't they want his passport or they will send us his landed papers visa whatever its called lol im just a little confused is this the end of the process and now we wait for ?
that what we call DM decision made, after DM wait for ur local office will sent u a letter or call to set time for landing date they will tell you what to bring

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
michaella1964 said:
This would suggest they are trying to get a passing criminality or security background check. If they haven't asked for anything else, it would suggest that once they have that cleared up you should be done.

Canuck*soon

Star Member
Mar 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 10, 2013
Doc's Request.
PCC submitted March 11, 2014
AOR Received.
April 15, 2013
Med's Request
January 23, 2014
Med's Done....
March 4, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
AIP January 23, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM April 29, 2014
LANDED..........
May 29, 2014 after 14 months 3 weeks and 3 days
:eek: ...... So excited and nervous. We have our landing interview this Thursday .... Wish us luck!

Hoping that CIC starts making headway very soon and that everyone starts hearing about progress being made

God be with us

May 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC- Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-07-2013
AOR Received.
14-08-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with application
Interview........
Thankfully not reqrd
VISA ISSUED...
13-6-2014
LANDED..........
24-6-2014
Canuck*soon said:
:eek: ...... So excited and nervous. We have our landing interview this Thursday .... Wish us luck!

Hoping that CIC starts making headway very soon and that everyone starts hearing about progress being made
Hey just one last step .....and u will be living like a free bird.....all the very best......

Hilo

Star Member
Dec 19, 2013
where is the cheapest place in Edmonton to do a immigration medical, Just get a email from cic to do a medical ? :eek:

Guanaquito

Star Member
Mar 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville/mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
Waiting forever :(
LANDED..........
Waiting & waiting forever
Hi everybody it's been a while since I haven't been here, wow! I can see there is any movements :(
I am just a week from 6 months since I send my app & open work permit together to vegreville. So far I never receive any confirmation of the transfer of my app to Mississauga, is any one there from the 2013 spreadsheet who haven't too?? I know in the 2014 spreadsheet everybody got it.
I DON'T KNOW IF SHOULD WORRY AFTER RECEIVE THIS EMAIL FROM VEGREVILLE this morning . have a few question how come they start to work in my app already?.. IS THIS BAD?.

""This refers to your application for an open work permit received 12/02/2013. No action is being taken to process your request for the following reasons:

[X] As a Foreign National In Canada you are not eligible to apply for an open work permit until such time as you receive confirmation that your application for permanent residency will be processed from within Canada. Your application for an open work permit will be considered at the same time as your application for permanent residence and if the letter is accepted, the open work permit will be issued to you.

NOTE: Passport must be valid for the duration of your stay in Canada. Documents will not be issued beyond the validity of passport.""

Sincerely,

(Officer name......)
Case Processing Centre Vegreville

Guys has anyone receive a letter like that before?
Should I worry?

Linden

Dec 10, 2013
Guanaquito said:
Hi everybody it's been a while since I haven't been here, wow! I can see there is any movements :(
I am just a week from 6 months since I send my app & open work permit together to vegreville. So far I never receive any confirmation of the transfer of my app to Mississauga, is any one there from the 2013 spreadsheet who haven't too?? I know in the 2014 spreadsheet everybody got it.
I DON'T KNOW IF SHOULD WORRY AFTER RECEIVE THIS EMAIL FROM VEGREVILLE this morning . have a few question how come they start to work in my app already?.. IS THIS BAD?.

""This refers to your application for an open work permit received 12/02/2013. No action is being taken to process your request for the following reasons:

[X] As a Foreign National In Canada you are not eligible to apply for an open work permit until such time as you receive confirmation that your application for permanent residency will be processed from within Canada. Your application for an open work permit will be considered at the same time as your application for permanent residence and if the letter is accepted, the open work permit will be issued to you.

NOTE: Passport must be valid for the duration of your stay in Canada. Documents will not be issued beyond the validity of passport.""

Sincerely,

(Officer name......)
Case Processing Centre Vegreville

Guys has anyone receive a letter like that before?
Should I worry?
No there is no reason to worry. They are just saying they will issue your work permit once Mississauga gives you first stage approval on your sponsorship application.

Vegreville still processes the work permit applications but they need to wait for Mississauga. You can call CIC to ask exactly where your application is but it should be Mississauga if you applied 6 months ago.

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
OWP: 25-02-14
LANDED..........
23-07-14

I can't wait to pay off the rest if the permanent resident fee and be all done with this. I am having another docs appointment for my suspected malignant melanoma on Friday, and I sincerely hope it's all benign or an early stage and can be dealt with quickly. I am wanting to travel home for a bit, and I was wondering if travelling home after receiving an email stating they have completed our application? Because if I'm cleared for my health scare, then I'm definitely wanting to go home as soon as in two weeks!

Guanaquito

Star Member
Mar 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville/mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
Waiting forever :(
LANDED..........
Waiting & waiting forever
Linden said:
No there is no reason to worry. They are just saying they will issue your work permit once Mississauga gives you first stage approval on your sponsorship application.

Vegreville still processes the work permit applications but they need to wait for Mississauga. You can call CIC to ask exactly where your application is but it should be Mississauga if you applied 6 months ago.
Ok
Thanks Linden :)

Audjgal

Star Member
Aug 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-09-2013
AOR Received.
11-10-2013
Med's Done....
20-08-2013
Audjgal said:
Quick Question.
I have a Inland Spousal Application submitted on Sept 2013.
I am from a Visa Exempt Country. My current Visitors visa expires in 6 weeks. I also submitted an OWP application with my Inland application in Sept 2013.
I just looked at the forms and it looks like it's double what it used to cost and there's quadruple the info asked from the last time I extended my stay in 2011. At 10 months processing it looks like the earliest I'd get AIP is JUly.
Should I pay the $100 bucks,tear my hair out filling out more forms and extend my stay or would I be covered under the implied status?
I know I've read several posts about being on implied status because I've submitted an OWP application. But where would the proof be really if I was asked, When I check Ecas theres no mention of OWP application received for me (or Medicals results received either in any case.)
It just says they received my application for Permanent Residence on Sept 26th 2013. My visitors visa expires in less than a month.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Audjgal said:
I know I've read several posts about being on implied status because I've submitted an OWP application. But where would the proof be really if I was asked, When I check Ecas theres no mention of OWP application received for me (or Medicals results received either in any case.)
It just says they received my application for Permanent Residence on Sept 26th 2013. My visitors visa expires in less than a month.
Keep a copy of the OWP fee receipt with you.

Linden

Dec 10, 2013
Audjgal said:
Did you use registered mail when you sent the application? You can use the receipt of that for proof as well.

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yata520 said:
anyone know what happen for petition ??
CIC officials are informed of the petition. CPP-Mississauga is also provided with the signatures and comments striking the delay. You should see some pick up in processing time.

Toronto Star is preparing a full story about the affected couples and about the petition. Anyone of you who would like your difficulties be presented on news can contact:
Nicholas Keung
IMMIGRATION REPORTER
Toronto Star
416-460-7203
nkeung@thestar.ca

He is very keen to hear from us!!!!