Star Member
Nov 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V // CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
GatorSPO said:
Received a reply from Chris Alexander's office regarding wait times, lack of information etc... here's a snip:

However, Family Class category redesign aimed at faster processing of applications from spouses, common-law partners and dependent children only applies to applicants who are outside Canada. It is always in the client's best interests to apply abroad in the prescribed manner, if possible. There are distinct disadvantages to applying from within Canada, including noticeably longer processing times, lack of status, inability to work and ineligibility for provincial/territorial health insurance coverage.

The official line is they discourage use of the inland program and the wait is normal and expected. They'll get to you when they get to you.
We all knew when we started the application inland that 1st stage time frame is considerably longer than out-land. Still doesn't justify the increase on 1st stage from 6 months to 11 months. (6 months is the same as having a TRV; anything longer than this make it very complicated to stay in Canada.)

For some countries, like mine, where you can not go in and out of Canada as you please. You need a previous Visa and satisfactory explanation why you have to come, out-land means a year at least apart from the spouse, those same countries have a very long 2nd stage;

If that's an explanation... why inland process are provided???? And would we be just subjected to whatever with no rules???
Strikes and tragedies justify a delay, I understand, but stop to work completely when things were just about to spin again, and not touch our files for 3 months with no sustainable reason or explanation whatsoever is not what we signed up and paid in advance for.

bruneian

Jun 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
NOC Code......
PCC waived, Fingerprints 06/02/14
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jul 10, 2013
Doc's Request.
June 2, 2014 (AIP)
AOR Received.
Aug 3, 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 6, 2013
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
June 26, 2014 (DM)
LANDED..........
July 15, 2014 in Edmonton
AchankengCrawford said:
Did you call the office or just email them? Maybe I should call? Or just crash your meeting. ;)

No I emailed them but also listed our number.

26 months? Which office is that? If I apply Outland it's through Singapore and the time line is ridiculous there too.

AchankengCrawford

Feb 13, 2013
Cameroon
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville to Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2013
AOR Received.
14-09-2013
bruneian said:
No I emailed them but also listed our number.

26 months? Which office is that? If I apply Outland it's through Singapore and the time line is ridiculous there too.
Our office would be Dakar, Senegal. My partner is from Cameroon.

sage81

Star Member
Jan 31, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC V to CPC M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2013
AOR Received.
04-10-2013
hey guyz!!, what form is for open work permit????

guri3577

May 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2013
AOR Received.
30-05-2013
Med's Done....
14-04-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
AIP&DM: 30-01-2014
LANDED..........
25-02-2014
sage81 said:
hey guyz!!, what form is for open work permit????
IMM 5710

GatorSPO

Aug 29, 2013
AchankengCrawford said:
What does the rest of the reply say?
Dear XXXXXX:

Thank you for your email of May 9, 2014, addressed to Mr. Chris Alexander, Canada’s Minister of Citizenship and Immigration, concerning your sponsorship undertaking on behalf of your wife’s application for permanent residence.

I would first like to explain that the creation of the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class promotes family unity. It allows Canadian citizens and permanent residents to sponsor their spouses or common-law partners who live with them in Canada, for permanent residence.

However, Family Class category redesign aimed at faster processing of applications from spouses, common-law partners and dependent children only applies to applicants who are outside Canada. It is always in the client’s best interests to apply abroad in the prescribed manner, if possible. There are distinct disadvantages to applying from within Canada, including noticeably longer processing times, lack of status, inability to work and ineligibility for provincial/territorial health insurance coverage. For this reason, applicants are encouraged to carefully read the guide which provides important information for an applicant to consider before completing this application.

Inland processing of applications submitted by spouses or common-law partners requires an average of 10 months, from when the complete application is received, for first-stage of approval or “approval in principle”, but can be longer depending on the individual circumstances of each case. When an application for permanent residence is assessed and receives approval in principle, an application for an open work permit can then be processed and applicants may be eligible to apply for provincial/territorial health care.

Our records confirm that your undertaking was received in July 2013, and is being processed at the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga, where officials are currently conducting statutory background checks. Please rest assured that you or your wife will be contacted should additional information or documentation be required.

Further information on processing times can be found at:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp.

I hope that this information is helpful.

Sincerely,

XXXXXXXXXX
Ministerial Enquiries Division

This electronic address is not available for reply.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
GatorSPO said:
Our records confirm that your undertaking was received in July 2013, and is being processed at the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga, where officials are currently conducting statutory background checks. Please rest assured that you or your wife will be contacted should additional information or documentation be required.

Sincerely,

XXXXXXXXXX

"Stop bothering us..."

danib

Star Member
Nov 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2013
AOR Received.
09-02-2013
File Transfer...
CSQ - 08-04-2013
Med's Request
13-11-2013
Med's Done....
18-11-2013
Passport Req..
DM - 25-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
E-cas update - 28-03-2014
LANDED..........
18-06-2014 Montreal PR Card: 14-08-2014
computergeek said:
"Stop bothering us..."
slap in our faces....
The advice is: apply outland :(

Mrs_Canuck

Jan 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/04/2013
AOR Received.
16/04/2013
Med's Done....
08/03/2013
LANDED..........
12/03/2014
danib said:
slap in our faces....
The advice is: apply outland :(
This is bullsh*t. Not only do Inland applications have to wait longer, but there is yet more waiting after the whole process is done! The waiting time for a NEW PR card is now nearly the same waiting time as those waiting for a REPLACEMENT card. I am so frustrated. I can't even understand how it takes this long. This is ridiculous!

yata520

Oct 9, 2013
Quote from: GatorSPO on May 25, 2014, 12:20:17 am

Sincerely,

XXXXXXXXXX

"Stop bothering us..."

hummm .... i think they didn't know why CIC move file to CPC-M also ... this MP just don't wanna call CIC to check what's going on ur file. even we call CIC those agents will only tell us what we alrdy know or just say officer working on it (which is if u order GCMS in that day after 30days will show u nothing ),or call back after 30days .. ... that's what i feel

AchankengCrawford

Feb 13, 2013
Cameroon
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville to Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2013
AOR Received.
14-09-2013
Bruneian, any news from your merting?

bruneian

Jun 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
NOC Code......
PCC waived, Fingerprints 06/02/14
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jul 10, 2013
Doc's Request.
June 2, 2014 (AIP)
AOR Received.
Aug 3, 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 6, 2013
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
June 26, 2014 (DM)
LANDED..........
July 15, 2014 in Edmonton
Not yet. meeting is on monday. will update you guys then.

michaella1964

Nov 16, 2012
calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-03-2013
AOR Received.
03-04-2013
File Transfer...
AIP 21-01-2014
Med's Request
23-01-2014
hi can someone explain o me why after all medical,police clearance are received now they want finger prints is that a normal request?
we have gotten the work permit we are now waiting for what I don't get the stages ,I the sposor is already done my husband is already working all is send in including the new fingersptints what stage are we in now ?
thank you
march 2013 applicant inland

yata520

Oct 9, 2013
michaella1964 said:
hi can someone explain o me why after all medical,police clearance are received now they want finger prints is that a normal request?
we have gotten the work permit we are now waiting for what I don't get the stages ,I the sposor is already done my husband is already working all is send in including the new fingersptints what stage are we in now ?
thank you
march 2013 applicant inland
u don't need anything now just wait ~