Med's Request
10-01-2015
Med's Done....
03-02-2015
Interview........
16-04-2015
Ponga said:
Hey JohnnyP,

Have you actually sent the letter yet? If not, may I suggest something?

Remove question one, because it is not relevant.

1. It takes 10 months for AIP, but this is NOT the same as SA (Sponsor Approval) for an Outland applicant. AIP is a combination of SA as well as the evaluation of the relationship, so it really has little, if any, merit in your argument.

I hope your MP can do something.
I haven't sent it yet. I took your advise and removed the first question. Thanks for the input! I just clicked on Send icon. Fingers crossed.

RRSweet

Star Member
Aug 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2013
AOR Received.
22-08-2013
Med's Request
sent with app
Med's Done....
10-07-2013
Interview........
AIP: August 8, 2014 OWP Received August 15, 2014 Decision Made: Jan. 26, 2015
LANDED..........
12-02-2015
sigh.... it's so hard to stay positive when there is no progress in sight.. 2 days is a slap in the face. So close yet sooooo very far.

GatorSPO

Aug 29, 2013
Received a reply from Chris Alexander's office regarding wait times, lack of information etc... here's a snip:

However, Family Class category redesign aimed at faster processing of applications from spouses, common-law partners and dependent children only applies to applicants who are outside Canada. It is always in the client’s best interests to apply abroad in the prescribed manner, if possible. There are distinct disadvantages to applying from within Canada, including noticeably longer processing times, lack of status, inability to work and ineligibility for provincial/territorial health insurance coverage.

The official line is they discourage use of the inland program and the wait is normal and expected. They'll get to you when they get to you.

kaira1

Star Member
Feb 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC- VEG
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 21, 2013
AOR Received.
July 11, 2013
Med's Request
Feb 17, 2014
Med's Done....
Feb 26, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
AIP Feb 17, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM April 9, 2014
LANDED..........
May 23, 2014
So landed Today and since sin # website was down so they didnt gave us SIN right after the Landing. So we went to service Canada later then they told us to wait for PR card which will take 8 to 10 weeks as per CIC... Then we went to get Health card.. even though we received AIP Feb 17, 2014 but when we went to get HC they told us to wait for three months before HC insurance will start... Ghosh .. highly disappointed.. I thought we can get HC after we received AIP... So 8 to 10 weeks for PR card,, 3 months for HC card... and 10 weeks + whatever time for SIN card... :'( :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

JohnnyP

Jun 20, 2013
Toronto-->Victoria
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville--> Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
10-09-2013
Med's Request
10-01-2015
Med's Done....
03-02-2015
Interview........
16-04-2015
GatorSPO said:
Received a reply from Chris Alexander's office regarding wait times, lack of information etc... here's a snip:

However, Family Class category redesign aimed at faster processing of applications from spouses, common-law partners and dependent children only applies to applicants who are outside Canada. It is always in the client's best interests to apply abroad in the prescribed manner, if possible. There are distinct disadvantages to applying from within Canada, including noticeably longer processing times, lack of status, inability to work and ineligibility for provincial/territorial health insurance coverage.

The official line is they discourage use of the inland program and the wait is normal and expected. They'll get to you when they get to you.
What an ass**. It sounds like he and his office doesn't give a damn about inland applicants because their spouses are not from a foreign country and they have no idea what we have to go through.

bruneian

Jun 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
NOC Code......
PCC waived, Fingerprints 06/02/14
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jul 10, 2013
Doc's Request.
June 2, 2014 (AIP)
AOR Received.
Aug 3, 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 6, 2013
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
June 26, 2014 (DM)
LANDED..........
July 15, 2014 in Edmonton
GatorSPO said:

However, Family Class category redesign aimed at faster processing of applications from spouses, common-law partners and dependent children only applies to applicants who are outside Canada. It is always in the client's best interests to apply abroad in the prescribed manner, if possible. There are distinct disadvantages to applying from within Canada, including noticeably longer processing times, lack of status, inability to work and ineligibility for provincial/territorial health insurance coverage.

wow that is the most d-bag response ever.

The MP's office called my DH and we have an appointment with his assistant tomorrow so we can discuss about the concerns we have in person.

GatorSPO

Aug 29, 2013
bruneian said:
Seemed a bit...cold. Of course it came from a no-reply address so I'm unable to respond that there are several and complex factors to why we chose inland processing and that our main concerns remains wildly varying timelines and an overall inability to get consistent, straight information from CIC. Sadly, they almost make it feel like a punishment or personal problem in their word choice to choose inland...

My MP is still checking on the file, but all our contact has been via email so far. Perhaps I'll be afforded a meeting or phone chat to actually discuss my concerns.

AchankengCrawford

Feb 13, 2013
Cameroon
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville to Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2013
AOR Received.
14-09-2013
bruneian said:
Thank you so much Achan. My MP is hawn Laurie, conservative as well. My DH=dear husband let's me do all the paper work so he has little clue to what is going on haha but he's the citizen not me so it's better for him to speak to them.
I knew you were in Edmonton, but for some reason I missed that we're neighbours. Laurie Hawn is my MP as well, so he's the one I sent that email to.

April Fajardo

Star Member
Dec 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vagreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 5, 2013
AOR Received.
Jan 12, 2014
File Transfer...
Mar 9, 2014
Med's Done....
July 9, 2014
Interview........
Aug 24, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 24, 2015
I have a question

Can I get a drivers license even Im only on a TRV?

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
April Fajardo said:
I have a question

Can I get a drivers license even Im only on a TRV?
That depends, every province has it's own rules.

AchankengCrawford

Feb 13, 2013
Cameroon
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2013
AOR Received.
14-09-2013
GatorSPO said:

This is ridiculous. It is not "always in the client's best interests to apply abroad". Applying outland only has shorter processing times for some countries (mostly with higher GDPs). Our processing time if we applied outland would be 26 months! That's over two years that I'm supposed to be separated from my spouse or live away from my home country? At least with inland, we are together and I can work here. And I'm lucky in that I was able to work in my spouse's country - not everyone is able to! By applying for an OWP you avoid the "lack of status" issue (seriously, I think the vast majority of us on this forum have status). The CIC website and information does not indicate that Outland is preferable. Nor does it indicate that Inland is only to be used in the most dire circumstances. In fact, it says "If your spouse, partner or dependent child lives with you in Canada, use the Application for Permanent Residence in Canada—Spouse or Common-Law Partner" which is the inland application, even though you could use either. What does the rest of the reply say?

AchankengCrawford

Feb 13, 2013
Cameroon
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2013
AOR Received.
14-09-2013
bruneian said:

The MP's office called my DH and we have an appointment with his assistant tomorrow so we can discuss about the concerns we have in person.
Did you call the office or just email them? Maybe I should call? Or just crash your meeting. ;)

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
GatorSPO said:

No hope from this government. What a BS reply! What are the purposes of these distinct disadvantages? To punish people for staying with their spouses in Canada? Only Conservatives can think and say such things...

April Fajardo

Star Member
Dec 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vagreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 5, 2013
AOR Received.
Jan 12, 2014
File Transfer...
Mar 9, 2014
Med's Done....
July 9, 2014
Interview........
Aug 24, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 24, 2015
Alurra71 said:
That depends, every province has it's own rules.
Im in Toronto

yata520

Oct 9, 2013
GatorSPO said:

this doesn't make sense too. when they move our file to CPC-M is they wanna speed up inland file quote from Operational Bulletin 565 – February 13, 2014 :To improve service and processing efficiency, responsibility for processing SCLPC applications was transferred from CPC-V to CPC-M to leverage its expertise in family class processing. These changes will ensure that Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) continues to meet its operational objectives in support of the Department’s ongoing modernization agenda.
so what we have to expect more longer ?r ?! it should move faster not slower?

this is link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2014/ob565.asp if someone's MP say the same as this MP show them tell them to read it