+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2013

Blackdisc

Star Member
Sep 24, 2013
This is getting totally crazy! CIC is not holding itself accountable for the delays and has made no communication about its delays. For a 1st world country, its unacceptable.

*Peace*

bruneian

Jun 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
NOC Code......
PCC waived, Fingerprints 06/02/14
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jul 10, 2013
Doc's Request.
June 2, 2014 (AIP)
AOR Received.
Aug 3, 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 6, 2013
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
June 26, 2014 (DM)
LANDED..........
July 15, 2014 in Edmonton
AchankengCrawford said:
Nothing yet. You guys will be the first to know if I get a response. My MP is a member of the conservative party. What about yours?

I want to get excited about the fact that it's saying July 10th, but it's hard to get excited about such a small jump. I'm just get excited for Bruneian instead - my fellow Edmontonian!
Thank you so much Achan. My MP is hawn Laurie, conservative as well. My DH=dear husband let's me do all the paper work so he has little clue to what is going on haha but he's the citizen not me so it's better for him to speak to them.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
KvIII said:
Applying inland, I'm from the US and have a couple questions and was told to ask here?

I'm waiting on my Police Certificate to arrive and it has not yet.
I've been living in Canada as a temporary resident, my common law partner has been supporting me.
I've been here since May 2013, and my extension for my Temporary residence runs out at the end of the month "May 30th"

Can I just send my paperwork without the PCC, and include a note saying I will forward it once I receive it?
I need to send my paperwork now, and cannot afford to wait any longer.
Am I safe to stay in Canada after the 30th when my temporary residence expires, as long as my paperwork has been checked in?
Ton more questions, but I'll leave it at that for now. Please help!
Haven't these questions already been answered in your other post?

Is there a reason why you opted to apply Inland?

Are you aware that you can apply Outland (which is substantially faster for an American) and usually still remain in Canada*?

* You simply apply to extend your current visitor status, or leave and re-enter Canada to reset the `clock', per se.

folks-g

Star Member
Feb 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24/05/2013
Doc's Request.
OWP with app
Nomination.....
AIP/OWP JAN 29 2014
AOR Received.
05/06/2013
IELTS Request
docs requested jan 29
Med's Done....
15/05/2013
hi guys its been a while since I posted congrats to all who received aip and dm tomorrow will be 1 year since I applied am just hoping that I get DM soon so ready to put this whole process behind me and looks like my meds have expired hopefully i get an extension.to those who are still waiting the good news is when cic does start processing apps they will be flying through very quickly and the change to CPC-M is a very good thing because over the last few years CPC-V usually slows done for the summer mths in order to process temporary resident visas.so just hang in there guys.

bankerguy

Jun 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/09/2013
Doc's Request.
sent with app - app received Sept 18, 2013
AOR Received.
04/10/13
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
V --> M OWP received Jan 9th (pilot program)
Med's Request
AIP Feb 25/2015 & DM FEB 27/2015
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
March 18, 2015
CIC website has updated - JULY 10TH !!

in 3 months, they've reviewed two days worth of applications... that is retarded... seriously...

I'm going to TRY to stay positive here... maybe the website will update every day now ..... and we can follow the progress more closely. Maybe they're going full bore starting yesterday!!!
Tomorrow will say July 11th..and Monday will say July 14th or something like that.

Brazilian Canadian

Star Member
Nov 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V // CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bankerguy said:
CIC website has updated - JULY 10TH !!

in 3 months, they've reviewed two days worth of applications... that is retarded... seriously...

I'm going to TRY to stay positive here... maybe the website will update every day now ..... and we can follow the progress more closely. Maybe they're going full bore starting yesterday!!!
Tomorrow will say July 11th..and Monday will say July 14th or something like that.
If I worked for CIC I'd be embarrassed to post only 2 days more of work, after 4 months stuck on the same day.

woodyc

Star Member
Jul 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville/Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-07-2013
AOR Received.
18-08-2013
Med's Done....
08-07-2013
LANDED..........
24-02-2015
bruneian said:
Thank you so much Achan. My MP is hawn Laurie, conservative as well. My DH=dear husband let's me do all the paper work so he has little clue to what is going on haha but he's the citizen not me so it's better for him to speak to them.
You can call CIC now that they are working on July 10th apps and ask whats up?

woodyc

Star Member
Jul 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville/Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-07-2013
AOR Received.
18-08-2013
Med's Done....
08-07-2013
LANDED..........
24-02-2015
Congrats on the news from CIC Line.A

sage81

Star Member
Jan 31, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC V to CPC M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2013
AOR Received.
04-10-2013
where is harmin****,...cic is working they need to watch the Movie turbo!!!!

guri3577

May 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2013
AOR Received.
30-05-2013
Med's Done....
14-04-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
AIP&DM: 30-01-2014
LANDED..........
25-02-2014
Linden said:
hey Guri did you ever get a permanent SIN# from Service Canada. I remember that you had problems getting it after you landed.
hey Linden, I was told to wait for the card, in the meantime I have my temp. SIN which is good for a while.

bruneian

Jun 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jul 10, 2013
Doc's Request.
June 2, 2014 (AIP)
AOR Received.
Aug 3, 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 6, 2013
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
June 26, 2014 (DM)
LANDED..........
woodyc said:
You can call CIC now that they are working on July 10th apps and ask whats up?
I will on Monday. With my MP I'm bringing up the issue of no progress since the transfer without knowing what's going on. Ridiculous.

JohnnyP

Jun 20, 2013
Toronto-->Victoria
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville--> Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
10-09-2013
Med's Request
10-01-2015
Med's Done....
03-02-2015
Interview........
16-04-2015
bruneian said:
I will on Monday. With my MP I'm bringing up the issue of no progress since the transfer without knowing what's going on. Ridiculous.
I know. It's ridiculous. I can't imagine how frustrated you are since you are like 2 days apart from the people whose applications have been processed at CPC-V 3 months ago. I am also writing an e-mail to MP right now.

We signed the petition to complain about the slow processing time for inland sponsorship process, but nothing seems to be happening.
It's time you all stop whining here and do something about this to make it happen. Write a letter to your MPs or something. This is seriously insane!!!

JohnnyP

Jun 20, 2013
Toronto-->Victoria
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville--> Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
10-09-2013
Med's Request
10-01-2015
Med's Done....
03-02-2015
Interview........
16-04-2015
This is what I wrote to my MP in Toronto.

Dear Ms. Roxanne James,

I am a proud, law-abiding, tax-paying Canadian since 1992. I am writing this letter to you regarding the long processing time for Inland Spousal Sponsorship and PR.

I hope you know that it currently takes about 18 months for the spouse of a Canadian to become a permanent resident. The first stage (sponsorship approval) takes 10 months, which means 10 months without job and no healthcare coverage for the spouse.

It's now been 9 months and 7 days since we applied for Inland Sponsorship and Permanent Residency. I understand that there are lots of applications in queue and there are always limited number of officers who are working on the applications, so we need to be patient with this process.
However, these are what I don't understand:

1. why inland applications take 10 months while out-land applications take only 45 days?
2. why we let the husband/wife spend the whole time without job and no health coverage?
3. why we are left in the dark during the whole process without knowing what's going on? call center is available, but they have no idea on the details either
4. who approved to transfer all applications from CPC-Mississauga to CPC-Vegreville in the middle of the year without any notice to applicants and why did the processing time increased from 7 months to 10 months
5. why is there only 2 days worth of applications being processed at CPC-M since the applications have been transferred 3 months ago?
5. how come the courtesy is different for inland spouse sponsorship? The spouses of temporary foreign workers, students, skilled workers and other classes of immigrants are granted to work permits with processing time as short as a few month.

I had to quit my permanent job in Toronto and moved temporarily to BC with my wife to take a high paying contract job because I am the only source of income for my family. My wife is sitting at home, not being able to do anything, feeling insecure and useless during this whole time. I got married at age 40 and I would like to have kids as soon as possible, but that is also on hold because it will cost a fortune for my wife to go to hospital. My father-in-law got sick few days ago and he's in hospital now, but my wife can't travel back to visit him because there is no guarantee that the custom would let her back in to Canada.

I strongly believe that the best solution for this is either to make the inland processing time as fast as outland processing time, or to issue open work permit at the time when CIC received and acknowledged that the application is being processed.

I hope you can represent myself as your constituent and the hundreds of other Canadians and their families affected by these unexpected and unwarranted delays and make the process more efficient so that the spouses can be proud to become a Canadian and contribute to the society.

Thank you very much for reading this long letter.

bruneian

Jun 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jul 10, 2013
Doc's Request.
June 2, 2014 (AIP)
AOR Received.
Aug 3, 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 6, 2013
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
June 26, 2014 (DM)
LANDED..........
Nicely done, johnyP, let us know what happens next :) everyone affected aka all of us here, I urge you to write a letter to your MP :) might do something good.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JohnnyP said:
This is what I wrote to my MP in Toronto.

Dear Ms. Roxanne James,

I am a proud, law-abiding, tax-paying Canadian since 1992. I am writing this letter to you regarding the long processing time for Inland Spousal Sponsorship and PR.

I hope you know that it currently takes about 18 months for the spouse of a Canadian to become a permanent resident. The first stage (sponsorship approval) takes 10 months, which means 10 months without job and no healthcare coverage for the spouse.

It's now been 9 months and 7 days since we applied for Inland Sponsorship and Permanent Residency. I understand that there are lots of applications in queue and there are always limited number of officers who are working on the applications, so we need to be patient with this process.
However, these are what I don't understand:

1. why inland applications take 10 months while out-land applications take only 45 days?
2. why we let the husband/wife spend the whole time without job and no health coverage?
3. why we are left in the dark during the whole process without knowing what's going on? call center is available, but they have no idea on the details either
4. who approved to transfer all applications from CPC-Mississauga to CPC-Vegreville in the middle of the year without any notice to applicants and why did the processing time increased from 7 months to 10 months
5. why is there only 2 days worth of applications being processed at CPC-M since the applications have been transferred 3 months ago?
5. how come the courtesy is different for inland spouse sponsorship? The spouses of temporary foreign workers, students, skilled workers and other classes of immigrants are granted to work permits with processing time as short as a few month.

I had to quit my permanent job in Toronto and moved temporarily to BC with my wife to take a high paying contract job because I am the only source of income for my family. My wife is sitting at home, not being able to do anything, feeling insecure and useless during this whole time. I got married at age 40 and I would like to have kids as soon as possible, but that is also on hold because it will cost a fortune for my wife to go to hospital. My father-in-law got sick few days ago and he's in hospital now, but my wife can't travel back to visit him because there is no guarantee that the custom would let her back in to Canada.

I hope you can represent myself as your constituent and the hundreds of other Canadians and their families affected by these unexpected and unwarranted delays and make the process more efficient so that the spouses can be proud to become a Canadian and contribute to the society.

Thank you very much for reading this long letter.
Hey JohnnyP,

Have you actually sent the letter yet? If not, may I suggest something?

Remove question one, because it is not relevant.

1. It takes 10 months for AIP, but this is NOT the same as SA (Sponsor Approval) for an Outland applicant. AIP is a combination of SA as well as the evaluation of the relationship, so it really has little, if any, merit in your argument.

I hope your MP can do something.