+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2013

Linden

Dec 10, 2013
guri3577 said:
Cirene I can't wait to have the card in my hands but the way things are going, I don't know what to expect anymore.
hey Guri did you ever get a permanent SIN# from Service Canada. I remember that you had problems getting it after you landed.

amjad3126

Star Member
May 20, 2014
Thanks Linda for your reply.
She is on study permit but not graduated from here so she will not entitle to get the post graduate work permit.
I am looking to sponsor her but problem lies that CIC only issue open work permit when my application approved the first stage and it will take 10 months to do.
So as her visa expired in October so some one suggest me to go for visit visa first and later on apply for sponsership application, because if they will not extend her visa than her inbound application no more entertained.
Any suggestion in this scenario highly appreciated.

Thanks

amjad3126

Star Member
May 20, 2014
Hi Every Body
I am seeking advice to sponsor by spouse. The situation is given as under
I am PR of Canada and already in Canada and doing my studies
My Spouse on study permit in Canada but her permit expired in Oct 2014
We got married last year and expecting baby soon.
I am looking to sponsor her for inland application.
Now my concern is how i will extend her Visa, after going through post some people suggest me to apply for open work permit but she hold study permit now and not eligible to get post graduate work permit as not earning degree from here.
But other suggest me that she will only get Open work permit when my inland application approves in principal and it will take 10 moths to do so. So as her visa expired before that they suggest me to go for visitor visa.
Can some one guide me in this regard So which one i will use.
So my Question is how i will extend her stay by open work permit with Sponsorship application or apply for visitor visa extension.
Any suggestion highly appreciated.

AchankengCrawford

Feb 13, 2013
Cameroon
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville to Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2013
AOR Received.
14-09-2013
bruneian said:
Achankeng, my DH got a call from the MP office for more questioning. How bout you?
Nothing yet. You guys will be the first to know if I get a response. My MP is a member of the conservative party. What about yours?

I want to get excited about the fact that it's saying July 10th, but it's hard to get excited about such a small jump. I'm just get excited for Bruneian instead - my fellow Edmontonian!

zee0612

May 23, 2014
kaira1 said:
Landed Today..:D ... So they told us 8 to 10 weeks for PR card.... Soo do we have to wait for PR card to apply for sin number
[/
Hi Kaira1 - I landed in hamilton last week friday, after our 5 mins interview in the room I was asked to wait outside and my name was called in order to obtain my sin!

*Hey All, this is my first time commenting, thank you all for your consistent updates on here it has helped me a great deal during this lengthy process. Im a April 2013 application! At my last hurdle now awaiting my PR card but sounds as if I shouldnt expect it till August/Sept lol :(

amjad3126

Star Member
May 20, 2014
Hi Every Body
My Spouse is on study permit in Canada but her permit expired in Oct 2014
We got married last year in Canada and expecting baby soon.
Now my concern is how i will extend her Visa, after going through post some people suggest me to apply for open work permit but she hold study permit now and not eligible to get post graduate work permit as not earning degree from here.
But other suggest me that she will only get Open work permit when my inland sponsorship application approved and it will take 10 moths to do so. So as her visa expired before that they suggest me to go for visitor visa.
So my Question is how i will extend her stay by open work permit with Sponsorship application or apply for visitor visa extension. Can i put both application together or get extension of visitor visa first and than go for sponsorship.

AchankengCrawford

Feb 13, 2013
Cameroon
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville to Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2013
AOR Received.
14-09-2013
amjad3126 said:
Hi Every Body
My Spouse on study permit in Canada but her permit expired in Oct 2014
We got married last year and expecting baby soon.
But other suggest me that she will only get Open work permit when my inland application approves in principal and it will take 10 moths to do so. So as her visa expired before that they suggest me to go for visitor visa.
So my Question is how i will extend her stay by open work permit with Sponsorship application or apply for visitor visa extension.
Any suggestion highly appreciated.
My advice would be to apply for the Open Work Permit at the same time you apply to sponsor her. Unless she is otherwise eligible for a work permit, this is your best option. She will not get the work permit until after AIP, you are correct. But because applying for an OWP is considered to be a request to change your current status in Canada, she will be granted something called "implied status". Implied status means that she is legally allowed to stay in Canada (even though she is not allowed to work or study) until a decision is made about granting the OWP. Implied status is automatic when you submit the application for OWP along with the sponsorship application. A visitor visa extension can be refused, in which case you would encounter difficulties. Does that clear up the situation for you?

kaira1

Star Member
Feb 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC- VEG
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 21, 2013
AOR Received.
July 11, 2013
Med's Request
Feb 17, 2014
Med's Done....
Feb 26, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
AIP Feb 17, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM April 9, 2014
LANDED..........
May 23, 2014
zee0612 said:
kaira1 said:
Landed Today..:D ... So they told us 8 to 10 weeks for PR card.... Soo do we have to wait for PR card to apply for sin number
[/
Hi Kaira1 - I landed in hamilton last week friday, after our 5 mins interview in the room I was asked to wait outside and my name was called in order to obtain my sin!

*Hey All, this is my first time commenting, thank you all for your consistent updates on here it has helped me a great deal during this lengthy process. Im a April 2013 application! At my last hurdle now awaiting my PR card but sounds as if I shouldnt expect it till August/Sept lol :(

Yah they asked us too... But then their comp servers were down... Then they told us to wait longer .. Then we couldnt wait that long coz had to go yo work

Linden

Dec 10, 2013
amjad3126 said:
Thanks Linda for your reply.
She is on study permit but not graduated from here so she will not entitle to get the post graduate work permit.
I am looking to sponsor her but problem lies that CIC only issue open work permit when my application approved the first stage and it will take 10 months to do.
So as her visa expired in October so some one suggest me to go for visit visa first and later on apply for sponsership application, because if they will not extend her visa than her inbound application no more entertained.
Any suggestion in this scenario highly appreciated.

Thanks
So I assume your wife is not continuing her studies?

If she no longer studies then I suggest getting a visitor visa. Even if you don't have a visitor visa Immigration Canada will still process the sponsorship application though technically it's possible Canada Border Services (CBSA) can deport your wife. My suggestion is to get a visitor's visa.

What province are you in? Is your wife currently on healthcare if so when does it expire? Obviously this will be an issue since she is pregnant. You cannot get private insurance in Canada if you are pregnant. Obviously you need to consider this.

todare

Star Member
Nov 5, 2012
Woohooo 2 whole days of processing in 3 months. At this rate...well

The good thing though is there certainly shouldn't be a back up at your local office due to there not being anyone for process for so long.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Linden said:
So I assume your wife is not continuing her studies?

If she no longer studies then I suggest getting a visitor visa. Even if you don't have a visitor visa Immigration Canada will still process the sponsorship application though technically it's possible Canada Border Services (CBSA) can deport your wife. My suggestion is to get a visitor's visa.

What province are you in? Is your wife currently on healthcare if so when does it expire? Obviously this will be an issue since she is pregnant. You cannot get private insurance in Canada if you are pregnant. Obviously you need to consider this.
Since a visitor visa can be denied, it's best to apply for an OWP instead, so long as the applicant has legal status when the application is submitted.

amjad3126

Star Member
May 20, 2014
Thanks AchankengCrawford

So what you suggest me that OWP with sponsorship application enough for her to stay in Canada after October after getting impulse status. No need to apply for visitor visa when her study permit expired. That what i understood. Please clarify it if i am wrong.

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
OWP: 25-02-14
LANDED..........
23-07-14
Hello fellow inlanders. It's been such a while since I have been on here, crazy things has happened and I have recently been having docs follow ups for a potential malignant melanoma. So amongst all of this period of questioning whether I'm sick or not, I received a wonderful message this morning stating that we have finally been granted for permanent residence. Now just to pay the rest of the fee and get things going.

Hope all of you are doing well out there, and congratulations to all of you who landed.

Line :)

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Line.a said:
Hello fellow inlanders. It's been such a while since I have been on here, crazy things has happened and I have recently been having docs follow ups for a potential malignant melanoma. So amongst all of this period of questioning whether I'm sick or not, I received a wonderful message this morning stating that we have finally been granted for permanent residence. Now just to pay the rest of the fee and get things going.

Hope all of you are doing well out there, and congratulations to all of you who landed.

Line :)
Congratulations!

I also hope that your medical issue is NOT what is suspected and turns out to be nothing more than a `wake-up call' to protect yourself from the sun!! Having had a scare myself a few years ago, I totally understand!

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
OWP: 25-02-14
LANDED..........
23-07-14
Ponga said:
Congratulations!

I also hope that your medical issue is NOT what is suspected and turns out to be nothing more than a `wake-up call' to protect yourself from the sun!! Having had a scare myself a few years ago, I totally understand!
Thank you, Ponga.

Yes, it is indeed very scary. It happens unusually quick as well, don't even remember having that mole. Had two suspicious ones removed yesterday for a biopsy, and hoping the test are nothing more than melanoma in situ or something like that. It hurts, never knew that would be so sore! But oh well! :)