Dec 6, 2013
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
June 26, 2014 (DM)
LANDED..........
July 15, 2014 in Edmonton
cmathslu said:
Lol, i did not see those post when I replied :p. Thank you.
lol I thought so!

And CONGRATS maxlet for becoming PR today!!!

Canuck*soon

Star Member
Mar 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 10, 2013
Doc's Request.
PCC submitted March 11, 2014
AOR Received.
April 15, 2013
Med's Request
January 23, 2014
Med's Done....
March 4, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
AIP January 23, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM April 29, 2014
LANDED..........
May 29, 2014 after 14 months 3 weeks and 3 days
MaxLet said:
hey! in case you didnt read me about the SIN card:
i dont think theres any difference. my letter also said that i could change the SIN starting by "9" for a new one... but i never EVER had a SIN number ... (i came as a student and not as a worker)...
anyway, i went today, and they told me no problem :D it went really smooth and they give me a brand new shinny one hahahaha..

ABOUT THE DOCUMENTS, a list comes in your landing letter, are you landing in vancouver?
for me, it was: student permit, passeport, student visa (stamped on my old passeport), RPRF, 2 photos.
and other "quebec stuff": csq, engagement of the sponsor.

for my hubby: any document with photo (he showed his canadian passeport and driver's license).

in case they ask for a document with both our names and addresses, we brought our house insurance papers but it wasnt required.

HOPE THIS HELPS! :)
Thank you so very much ....

minime#

Aug 3, 2012
Audjgal said:
I'm a lurker here but I just wanted to say that from first hand experience,
You only need a student visa IF you are attending the institution in person. If it is via distance ed you do not need a student visa, no matter how long the program. You do not need AIP, you can enrol in distance classes with a visitor visa. As long as you get accepted into a program and if there is an option to do only online courses even as a part time student while you wait for PR you can do it.

Also in Ontario (and I think all of Canada), if you are a dependant, legally married/common law with affidavit, to a Canadian Citizen/PR , you do not pay International visa fees.
Check with your university/college admissions/regulations department.
All i had to do was submit a copy of my marriage certificate to qualify for domestic fees at uni. You have to communicate with the Admissions department, as most staff are unaware of this.

[/quot

Ryerson does this my friend is going through the sponsorship process and she did this and she pays domestic fees

SmithyLinds

Star Member
May 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-07-2013
AOR Received.
31-07-2013
Does anyone know how long it takes to receive the WP? My husband got the email sating he was approved and also for his medical request. Has anyone used the 2 doctors available in Hamilton? Any idea how much they were and and other info is appreciated. Thanks :)

Mrs_Canuck

Jan 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/04/2013
AOR Received.
16/04/2013
Med's Done....
08/03/2013
LANDED..........
12/03/2014
SmithyLinds said:
Does anyone know how long it takes to receive the WP? My husband got the email sating he was approved and also for his medical request. Has anyone used the 2 doctors available in Hamilton? Any idea how much they were and and other info is appreciated. Thanks :)
I can't comment on the doctors but if your husband applied for an OWP and sent it in with the PR application, it usually takes about a week. We didn't have to wait too long to see my husband's OWP in the mail after getting AIP.

SmithyLinds

Star Member
May 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-07-2013
AOR Received.
31-07-2013
Oh great!!! Yes we sent it at the same time. Thats great news!

ortom

Feb 19, 2013
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Vegreville /CPC - Missisauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-07-2013
File Transfer...
03-03-2014 to CPC-M
Med's Done....
06-06-2013
I usee the doctor at main and queen, Margaret Kroll I believe is her name! I beleieve I paid about 210$ ( they only accwpt cash so be prepared)! The price includes the xray as well which is done at james at charlton ( if I recall correctly). Its a simple medical exam, fill out a form about the medical history, they take ur pic, take some blood samples ans u just go over the form with the doc! It really shouldnt cosr that much because is exactly like a physical thats covered by OHIP!
Also, best too book an appointment, takes about 1-2 weeks for a spot, I beleve walk ins are not available.
SmithyLinds said:

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (now sent to CPC-M)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
SA 06-11-2014/AIP 17-11-2014
AOR Received.
26-09-2013 (didn't get email-called CIC)
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
ortom said:
I usee the doctor at main and queen, Margaret Kroll I believe is her name! I beleieve I paid about 210$ ( they only accwpt cash so be prepared)! The price includes the xray as well which is done at james at charlton ( if I recall correctly). Its a simple medical exam, fill out a form about the medical history, they take ur pic, take some blood samples ans u just go over the form with the doc! It really shouldnt cosr that much because is exactly like a physical thats covered by OHIP!
Also, best too book an appointment, takes about 1-2 weeks for a spot, I beleve walk ins are not available.
Wow....wonder why it is so much more expensive in Hamilton?? I can't remember the exact cost when my husband did his Medical in Mississauga, but for SURE it was not over $150 for everything....

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (now sent to CPC-M)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
SA 06-11-2014/AIP 17-11-2014
AOR Received.
26-09-2013 (didn't get email-called CIC)
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
SmithyLinds said:
Sorry I don't know the answers to your questions....

But....Congrats on his AIP!! :) When did you guys get your AIP? Did it come from Vegreville or Mississauga??

Seems Mississauga is much cheaper for the medical, unless the price jumped since last summer...try calling around to the doctors on the approved list and jsut ask their costs for the immigration medical and compare. Seems you might get a much better price if you take a little drive outside of Hamilton :)

torontomike

Jan 9, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
11-06-2013
Arrrgh... wife has been AIP since February, they have everything, meds were received there by late March, yet still nothing. Does anyone have any experience with how much longer it takes for decision made, or at least an interview if necessary, after the medicals are done?

ortom

Feb 19, 2013
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-07-2013
File Transfer...
03-03-2014 to CPC-M
Med's Done....
06-06-2013
I thought it was "cheap" as I had heard other ppl paid over $300! Maybe it has something to do with the fact that there is only 2 docs that do the exam in hamilton! The price is actually $185 for the doc visit and $35 for the xray,
Paid seperately I believe!
ACS said:
Wow....wonder why it is so much more expensive in Hamilton?? I can't remember the exact cost when my husband did his Medical in Mississauga, but for SURE it was not over $150 for everything....

ortom

Feb 19, 2013
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-07-2013
File Transfer...
03-03-2014 to CPC-M
Med's Done....
06-06-2013
Well someone that received Aip in feb just rcvd DM few days ago! You have 8 months for dm from Aip, so ur still within processing times
torontomike said:
Arrrgh... wife has been AIP since February, they have everything, meds were received there by late March, yet still nothing. Does anyone have any experience with how much longer it takes for decision made, or at least an interview if necessary, after the medicals are done?

torontomike

Jan 9, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
11-06-2013
Does the fact the medicals were done after the AIP mean that it goes back to the bottom of the queue?

ortom said:
Well someone that received Aip in feb just rcvd DM few days ago! You have 8 months for dm from Aip, so ur still within processing times

danib

Star Member
Nov 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2013
AOR Received.
09-02-2013
File Transfer...
CSQ - 08-04-2013
Med's Request
13-11-2013
Med's Done....
18-11-2013
Passport Req..
DM - 25-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
E-cas update - 28-03-2014
LANDED..........
18-06-2014 Montreal PR Card: 14-08-2014
MaxLet said:
Soooooo... GOT MY LANDING INTERVIEW TODAY! :) at MONTREAL'S LANDING OFFICE (Rene-Levesque)

We were supposed to be there at 8.15am, which sucked cuz we dont live in Montreal... we live in Prevost, which is at least one hour without traffic... and early in the morning.. TRAFFIC IS HELL!

We left home around 6.30am to be on time, but in the road i got too nervous and had to stop three times to throw up.. (at a certain point, hubby wanted to call and tell them to cancel!) anyway. We got there at around 8am... and finding a parking is awful... street parking starts only at 9am.. so we decide to risk it, park the car and pay at 9am by an app! We got in.. and since in my letter said "SERVICE CANADA" ... i ask for it and we went to a big office with a big Service Canada tittle... but it was close (although, people was in line) so i put myself in the line and waited... it was 8.40 and i start freaking out... so i check the DOOR NUMBER... I was supposed to go to "room 036" and i was in "room 034"...! I couldnt find the 036 and i felt so stupid!!! finally, 036 was a little door a bit hidden on the said of Service Canada... I risk it and knocked.. (i was 30min late by then!) a nice lady open, asked me if i had an interview, and I said "yes sorry, im late", she answered "i saw you doing the line, it is a common mistake, come in" I did, and they were at least 30 people in the room, an agent was talking about being a PR but I only catched the end of it :( ...
After that they called us 1 by 1, to talk to an immigration agent. Mine was a nice lady that i had been having contact with by email (about my family name change) anyway, she was super nice, ask us the 3 questions pretty fast, but we talk about other things, weather and stuff, like in a coffee house XD .. she make me sign, asked me for the other documents, and then told me "congrats on becoming a PR" ... then she guide us to a SERVICE CANADA agent in order to get my SIN number... this agent was also super nice...! it took a few minutes of chatting and then i got it! :D by 9.45am we were out of there with all papers in hand! Actually a really nice and easy experience... everyone was really nice nice :D

So, if any questions.. LET ME KNOW!
They said my pr card will arrive in 2 months maximun.. (yeah.. sure!)... and I DONT HAVE THE CONDITION 51, as i expected! :D

So, GOOD LUCK AND GOD BLESS to all of you fellow applicants! your time will also come soon! :D

Awesome MaxLet! Congrats!! Now and finally you're a PR!!
All the best to you and your hubby!!