Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2013
AOR Received.
25-04-2013
LANDED..........
WAITING FOR LANDING INTERVIEW
guri3577 said:
try checking with the applicant details, mine also doesn't show anything with sponsor details.
I did I checked under my husband .. I am the sponsor..

nrajani_99

Feb 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2013
AOR Received.
25-04-2013
LANDED..........
WAITING FOR LANDING INTERVIEW
guri3577 said:
Congrats, it is taking around 80 days to receive PR card on average.
I hope they haven't increased it this week.. feeling so stressed.. I have 3 weeks left .. and we haven't gotten the card yet :(

Canuck*soon

Star Member
Mar 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 10, 2013
Doc's Request.
PCC submitted March 11, 2014
AOR Received.
April 15, 2013
Med's Request
January 23, 2014
Med's Done....
March 4, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
AIP January 23, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM April 29, 2014
LANDED..........
May 29, 2014 after 14 months 3 weeks and 3 days
Question about the landing interview please

The letter from cic mentions a getting a new social insurance number and bringing your old SIN card that starts with a "9"to the interview. (.. I was given a number that starts with a "0" for filing my Canadian income tax but never received a card ??? Will this make a difference for my interview ???

What paperwork is required? Is a letter from current employer, most recent tax return, etc required? Bank statements, what else if anything?

If anyone has been through this and could answer my questions please I sure would appreciate it ..thanks in advance.

cmathslu

Star Member
Apr 22, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2013
AOR Received.
25-07-2013, AIP and DM Jul 11, 2014
Med's Done....
With application
LANDED..........
Waiting....
bruneian said:
Lol read the other posts?nyou CAN apply for a study permit after AIP.
Lol, i did not see those post when I replied :p. Thank you.

cmathslu

Star Member
Apr 22, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2013
AOR Received.
25-07-2013, AIP and DM Jul 11, 2014
Med's Done....
With application
LANDED..........
Waiting....
Audjgal said:
I'm a lurker here but I just wanted to say that from first hand experience,
You only need a student visa IF you are attending the institution in person. If it is via distance ed you do not need a student visa, no matter how long the program. You do not need AIP, you can enrol in distance classes with a visitor visa. As long as you get accepted into a program and if there is an option to do only online courses even as a part time student while you wait for PR you can do it.

Also in Ontario (and I think all of Canada), if you are a dependant, legally married/common law with affidavit, to a Canadian Citizen/PR , you do not pay International visa fees.
Check with your university/college admissions/regulations department.
All i had to do was submit a copy of my marriage certificate to qualify for domestic fees at uni. You have to communicate with the Admissions department, as most staff are unaware of this.

:) I think I should have completed my question. If I got AIP, Can I go to school without going to apply student permit?

Since, I am here Ontario and base from all your respond I need to apply student permit.

MaxLet

May 28, 2013
Prevost, Qc
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (Now Montreal)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2013
Doc's Request.
CIC ask for MICC: 14-03-13
Nomination.....
CSQ: 09-05-2013
AOR Received.
14-03-2013
Med's Request
07-01-14
Med's Done....
09-01-14
Interview........
WAIVED!+AIP 07-01-14
Passport Req..
DM: 28-02-14
LANDED..........
15-05-2014
Canuck*soon said:
Question about the landing interview please

The letter from cic mentions a getting a new social insurance number and bringing your old SIN card that starts with a "9"to the interview. (.. I was given a number that starts with a "0" for filing my Canadian income tax but never received a card ??? Will this make a difference for my interview ???

What paperwork is required? Is a letter from current employer, most recent tax return, etc required? Bank statements, what else if anything?

If anyone has been through this and could answer my questions please I sure would appreciate it ..thanks in advance.
hey @canuck*soon , i dont think theres any difference. my letter also said that i could change the SIN starting by "9" for a new one... but i never EVER had a SIN number ... (i came as a student and not as a worker)...
anyway, i went today, and they told me no problem :) it went really smooth and they give me a brand new shinny one hahahaha.. :D

good luck!

MaxLet

May 28, 2013
Prevost, Qc
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2013
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
14-03-2013
Med's Request
07-01-14
Med's Done....
09-01-14
Interview........
WAIVED!+AIP 07-01-14
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
15-05-2014
Soooooo... GOT MY LANDING INTERVIEW TODAY! :) at MONTREAL'S LANDING OFFICE (Rene-Levesque)

We were supposed to be there at 8.15am, which sucked cuz we dont live in Montreal... we live in Prevost, which is at least one hour without traffic... and early in the morning.. TRAFFIC IS HELL!

We left home around 6.30am to be on time, but in the road i got too nervous and had to stop three times to throw up.. (at a certain point, hubby wanted to call and tell them to cancel!) anyway. We got there at around 8am... and finding a parking is awful... street parking starts only at 9am.. so we decide to risk it, park the car and pay at 9am by an app! We got in.. and since in my letter said "SERVICE CANADA" ... i ask for it and we went to a big office with a big Service Canada tittle... but it was close (although, people was in line) so i put myself in the line and waited... it was 8.40 and i start freaking out... so i check the DOOR NUMBER... I was supposed to go to "room 036" and i was in "room 034"...! I couldnt find the 036 and i felt so stupid!!! finally, 036 was a little door a bit hidden on the said of Service Canada... I risk it and knocked.. (i was 30min late by then!) a nice lady open, asked me if i had an interview, and I said "yes sorry, im late", she answered "i saw you doing the line, it is a common mistake, come in" I did, and they were at least 30 people in the room, an agent was talking about being a PR but I only catched the end of it :( ...
After that they called us 1 by 1, to talk to an immigration agent. Mine was a nice lady that i had been having contact with by email (about my family name change) anyway, she was super nice, ask us the 3 questions pretty fast, but we talk about other things, weather and stuff, like in a coffee house XD .. she make me sign, asked me for the other documents, and then told me "congrats on becoming a PR" ... then she guide us to a SERVICE CANADA agent in order to get my SIN number... this agent was also super nice...! it took a few minutes of chatting and then i got it! :D by 9.45am we were out of there with all papers in hand! Actually a really nice and easy experience... everyone was really nice nice :D

So, if any questions.. LET ME KNOW!
They said my pr card will arrive in 2 months maximun.. (yeah.. sure!)... and I DONT HAVE THE CONDITION 51, as i expected! :D

So, GOOD LUCK AND GOD BLESS to all of you fellow applicants! your time will also come soon! :D

Carlaganda23

Jan 8, 2014
Halifax Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2014
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Med's Done....
12-05-2015
LANDED..........
SA, AIP and DM May 21th, 2015 Landed: June 12, 2015
MaxLet said:
Soooooo... GOT MY LANDING INTERVIEW TODAY! :) at MONTREAL'S LANDING OFFICE (Rene-Levesque)

We were supposed to be there at 8.15am, which sucked cuz we dont live in Montreal... we live in Prevost, which is at least one hour without traffic... and early in the morning.. TRAFFIC IS HELL!

We left home around 6.30am to be on time, but in the road i got too nervous and had to stop three times to throw up.. (at a certain point, hubby wanted to call and tell them to cancel!) anyway. We got there at around 8am... and finding a parking is awful... street parking starts only at 9am.. so we decide to risk it, park the car and pay at 9am by an app! We got in.. and since in my letter said "SERVICE CANADA" ... i ask for it and we went to a big office with a big Service Canada tittle... but it was close (although, people was in line) so i put myself in the line and waited... it was 8.40 and i start freaking out... so i check the DOOR NUMBER... I was supposed to go to "room 036" and i was in "room 034"...! I couldnt find the 036 and i felt so stupid!!! finally, 036 was a little door a bit hidden on the said of Service Canada... I risk it and knocked.. (i was 30min late by then!) a nice lady open, asked me if i had an interview, and I said "yes sorry, im late", she answered "i saw you doing the line, it is a common mistake, come in" I did, and they were at least 30 people in the room, an agent was talking about being a PR but I only catched the end of it :( ...
After that they called us 1 by 1, to talk to an immigration agent. Mine was a nice lady that i had been having contact with by email (about my family name change) anyway, she was super nice, ask us the 3 questions pretty fast, but we talk about other things, weather and stuff, like in a coffee house XD .. she make me sign, asked me for the other documents, and then told me "congrats on becoming a PR" ... then she guide us to a SERVICE CANADA agent in order to get my SIN number... this agent was also super nice...! it took a few minutes of chatting and then i got it! :D by 9.45am we were out of there with all papers in hand! Actually a really nice and easy experience... everyone was really nice nice :D

They said my pr card will arrive in 2 months maximun.. (yeah.. sure!)... and I DONT HAVE THE CONDITION 51, as i expected! :D

So, GOOD LUCK AND GOD BLESS to all of you fellow applicants! your time will also come soon! :D
What are the questions and your answers Maxlet? Tell me more about it?

I'm soo happy for you! Congratulations ;) :D

MaxLet

May 28, 2013
Prevost, Qc
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2013
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
14-03-2013
Med's Request
07-01-14
Med's Done....
09-01-14
Interview........
WAIVED!+AIP 07-01-14
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
15-05-2014
Carlaganda23 said:
What are the questions and your answers Maxlet? Tell me more about it?

I'm soo happy for you! Congratulations ;) :D
Hey! :D Thanks!
the 3 questions are the same that they do to EVERYONE THAT LANDS:

To me:
-Have u commited any crime? being convicted? -I answer NO
-Do u have any dependants here or outside the country, children biological or adopted? - I answer NO

To my hubby:
-The engagement that you are doing is for 3 years... are you sure you wanna sponsor her? -He answer YES

That's it ! :D
its really not a questionary... i think is merely a formality!

frenchwapiti

Jan 15, 2014
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
12-09-2013
Med's Done....
with application
VISA ISSUED...
patiently waiting
LANDED..........
15-04-2015
MaxLet said:

congratulations MaxLet, you did it!!! you are a Canadian PR now and can pick up your life . Very happy for you. :)

Carlaganda23

Jan 8, 2014
Halifax Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2014
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Med's Done....
12-05-2015
LANDED..........
SA, AIP and DM May 21th, 2015 Landed: June 12, 2015
MaxLet said:
Hey! :D Thanks!
the 3 questions are the same that they do to EVERYONE THAT LANDS:

To me:
-Have u commited any crime? being convicted? -I answer NO
-Do u have any dependants here or outside the country, children biological or adopted? - I answer NO

To my hubby:
-The engagement that you are doing is for 3 years... are you sure you wanna sponsor her? -He answer YES

That's it ! :D
its really not a questionary... i think is merely a formality!
Awesome Maxlet! Thanks for the information ;) you are very helpful...Big congratulations to you and your hubby! :D

Daizey

Jan 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-08-2013
AOR Received.
03-09-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with App
VISA ISSUED...
AIP + DM 12-02-2015
LANDED..........
12-03-2015
MaxLet said:

Yay congrats!!! So happy for you and glad to hear it was such a great experience! ;D

Canuck*soon

Star Member
Mar 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 10, 2013
Doc's Request.
PCC submitted March 11, 2014
AOR Received.
April 15, 2013
Med's Request
January 23, 2014
Med's Done....
March 4, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
AIP January 23, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM April 29, 2014
LANDED..........
May 29, 2014 after 14 months 3 weeks and 3 days
MaxLet said:

Congratulations! I am so happy for you and your husband!
You mentioned above that they asked you for documents? Could you please tell me which ones you needed to provide? I'm really nervous that we won't have everything with us that we need :-X

MaxLet

May 28, 2013
Prevost, Qc
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2013
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
14-03-2013
Med's Request
07-01-14
Med's Done....
09-01-14
Interview........
WAIVED!+AIP 07-01-14
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
15-05-2014
Canuck*soon said:
Congratulations! I am so happy for you and your husband!
You mentioned above that they asked you for documents? Could you please tell me which ones you needed to provide? I'm really nervous that we won't have everything with us that we need :-X
hey! in case you didnt read me about the SIN card:
i dont think theres any difference. my letter also said that i could change the SIN starting by "9" for a new one... but i never EVER had a SIN number ... (i came as a student and not as a worker)...
anyway, i went today, and they told me no problem :D it went really smooth and they give me a brand new shinny one hahahaha..

ABOUT THE DOCUMENTS, a list comes in your landing letter, are you landing in vancouver?
for me, it was: student permit, passeport, student visa (stamped on my old passeport), RPRF, 2 photos.
and other "quebec stuff": csq, engagement of the sponsor.

for my hubby: any document with photo (he showed his canadian passeport and driver's license).

in case they ask for a document with both our names and addresses, we brought our house insurance papers but it wasnt required.

HOPE THIS HELPS! :)