Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-07-2013
AOR Received.
31-07-2013
Guys just wanted to let you all know I just got sponsorship approval!!!!!!! My AOR was july 30th so they are working on things!!!!! So to clarify.....this is AIP right???? Will they now issue my husbands work permit???? Ahhh we are so excited

todare

Star Member
Nov 5, 2012
Daizey said:
Just as a warning, I wouldn't suggest reading the comments in the article unless you want to be annoyed at many ignorant people's opinion. :) I had to take a step back and cool down because of some of the comments. People are so quick to judge when they're not in that situation. One person said, "Fill out the forms, wait your turn, nobody forced you to come here. What a sense of entitlement these people think they have."
The annoying thing is the lack of facts to spin the story. How come she was here for 2 years without applying? How did she do it? Visitor visa is only good so long and they won't renew it. Also why doesn't the article mention the moved offices increasing wait times. Also why have a baby if you don't have health coverage. In this day and age you can plan to have kids or not. Like everyone we have been waiting a long long time to move forward with our lives. I mean the fact the person immigrating cannot even drive after 90 days is a total stupid policy. How after 90 days do their driving skills change? To many questions and a stupid conservative government. Guess they know new Canadians aren't going to vote for them.

rvaburay84

Mar 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 8, 2013
AOR Received.
Sep 9, 2013
SmithyLinds said:
Guys just wanted to let you all know I just got sponsorship approval!!!!!!! My AOR was july 30th so they are working on things!!!!! So to clarify.....this is AIP right???? Will they now issue my husbands work permit???? Ahhh we are so excited
That is a great news to start the week !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations for you !!! And luck for who are still waiting (like me) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SmithyLinds said:
Congrats! This is a great news for all of us. I think you are the first one I know that received AIP from Mississauga. I hope they have awake after a long winter sleep.

LaylaLala

Star Member
Nov 21, 2012
Ontario, CA
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-Jan-2013
AOR Received.
13-Feb2013
Med's Request
17-Nov-2013
Med's Done....
4-Dec-2013
Interview........
29-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
29-Apr-2014
Hi guys! sorry it took so long to get back to ya. I went to my interview and it went smoothly. They just asked me the same questions they've been asking everyone. I did have to wait a bit longer because they where backed up. To be fair, the Gardner had just been closed, so it might have just been that people were late for work. Anyways, I got my SIN that same day. They also told me that PR waiting time was 6 to 10 weeks. Which is OK with me, I have the papers and I'm not planning on travelling outside of Canada anytime soon. I have a question though. To those of you who are on the PR card waiting boat like me, we are moving to Albert very soon (we're currently in Ontario). Do I have to inform CIC that we are moving? I gave them a permanent address to where my PR card is going to arrive, so that won't be an issue. But I heard that you have to inform CIC about the move. I really don't see why though, since I already have my PR status. I appreciate your help guys! Thanks!!

rvaburay84

Mar 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 8, 2013
AOR Received.
Sep 9, 2013
SmithyLinds said:
Were your application at Vergreville or Mississauga ??

GatorSPO

Aug 29, 2013
civic said:
Congrats! This is a great news for all of us. I think you are the first one I know that received AIP from Mississauga. I hope they have awake after a long winter sleep.
They filed on the 6th though. I suspect CPC-M is still dark

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
GatorSPO said:
They filed on the 6th though. I suspect CPC-M is still dark
Uh oh ???

bruneian

Jun 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
NOC Code......
PCC waived, Fingerprints 06/02/14
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jul 10, 2013
Doc's Request.
June 2, 2014 (AIP)
AOR Received.
Aug 3, 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 6, 2013
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
June 26, 2014 (DM)
LANDED..........
July 15, 2014 in Edmonton
The comments from the cbc article is very upsetting, I don't think I will keep reading. But nothing unexpected as immigrants will always viewed in a negative light. I can only come here and rant lol

RRSweet

Star Member
Aug 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2013
AOR Received.
22-08-2013
Med's Request
sent with app
Med's Done....
10-07-2013
Interview........
AIP: August 8, 2014 OWP Received August 15, 2014 Decision Made: Jan. 26, 2015
LANDED..........
12-02-2015
bruneian said:
The comments from the cbc article is very upsetting, I don't think I will keep reading. But nothing unexpected as immigrants will always viewed in a negative light. I can only come here and rant lol
I completely understand you feeling this way, and I think it's definitely in our best interest to not read the comments. I feel many people are very ignorant to the reality of this process and cannot possibly put themselves in our shoes because they have not experienced moving to another country, or being deprived of opportunities like working or at least being able to look and apply for jobs. Try to keep your head up though, and remember...we are all in this fight together !

bruneian

Jun 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jul 10, 2013
Doc's Request.
June 2, 2014 (AIP)
AOR Received.
Aug 3, 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 6, 2013
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
June 26, 2014 (DM)
LANDED..........
RRSweet said:
I completely understand you feeling this way, and I think it's definitely in our best interest to not read the comments. I feel many people are very ignorant to the reality of this process and cannot possibly put themselves in our shoes because they have not experienced moving to another country, or being deprived of opportunities like working or at least being able to look and apply for jobs. Try to keep your head up though, and remember...we are all in this fight together !

My husband is the sponsor and he is totally shocked that being my husband meant absolutely nothing. In terms of going to school, basic rights etc. I told him that it's my PGWP that gave me health care for now and what allowed to work. He is appalled at what most of us is going through. But generally it is true, if it doesn't effect the average Canadian, people will not care. My husband cared because this affected him as he is married to a foreigner. We don't choose who we fall in love with. Just because nobody force us to, doesn't mean the wait time is not inhumanely long. 10 months to get AIP? That's 2 months shy from a year. That's inhumane.

SmithyLinds

Star Member
May 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-07-2013
AOR Received.
31-07-2013
I was originally vegreville but the email came from mississauga :)

bruneian

Jun 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jul 10, 2013
Doc's Request.
June 2, 2014 (AIP)
AOR Received.
Aug 3, 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 6, 2013
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
June 26, 2014 (DM)
LANDED..........
SmithyLinds said:
Woohoo they are working! Happy for u and me and everyone else, congrats!

PRsoon

Star Member
Nov 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
10-09-2013
SmithyLinds said:
AMAZING news!!! Congratulations!!!

rvaburay84

Mar 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 8, 2013
AOR Received.
Sep 9, 2013
SmithyLinds said:
That is awesome !! Tks for letting us know !!!!! And congrats again !!