civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Daizey said:
Just as a warning, I wouldn't suggest reading the comments in the article unless you want to be annoyed at many ignorant people's opinion. :) I had to take a step back and cool down because of some of the comments. People are so quick to judge when they're not in that situation. One person said, "Fill out the forms, wait your turn, nobody forced you to come here. What a sense of entitlement these people think they have."
Canadians in general do not support immigrants until they become a part of the problem. This is how Conservatives have tried very hard to educate Canadians to stand against newcomers. They don't understand what they are talking about, until they move to another country try to be with their loved ones and be denied very basic rights.

minime#

Aug 3, 2012
Daizey said:
Just as a warning, I wouldn't suggest reading the comments in the article unless you want to be annoyed at many ignorant people's opinion. :) I had to take a step back and cool down because of some of the comments. People are so quick to judge when they're not in that situation. One person said, "Fill out the forms, wait your turn, nobody forced you to come here. What a sense of entitlement these people think they have."
I feel for this couple I was in this very situation and as much as I feel for them his statement about losing precious time with his son as you only get a first born child once rubbed me the wrong way. What he said is true at the same time if there is no other way sacrifices must be made. I searched high n low until I found a community clinic that covered most of my services. My spouse worked day n night just to pay our bills pay the hospital etc and yes he did lose a little time but it was a sacrifice he was willing to make.
On the other hand I feel like they did not do enough research on the immigration process in terms of wait times and what to expect. Maybe I'm a bit harsh dunno as to the ignorant statements didn't t even pay any mind to it. I've come to realize some Canadians are not as open to immigrants as others. They want us to work pay us next to nothing and get no benefits. One day they will be in iur situation

Mrs_Canuck

Jan 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/04/2013
AOR Received.
16/04/2013
Med's Done....
08/03/2013
LANDED..........
12/03/2014
Great news for the people waiting for PR cards! The wait time has increased to 76 days! Woo hoo! More waiting!

If you couldn't detect it, my sarcasm is rampant today. This is ridiculous. It was 56 days when we sent our forms in, then 68, now 76. CIC needs to get on top of the problems they're having with immigration. It's enough for god sakes. Two months for a PR card is ridiculous.

minime#

Aug 3, 2012
Mrs_Canuck said:
Great news for the people waiting for PR cards! The wait time has increased to 76 days! Woo hoo! More waiting!

If you couldn't detect it, my sarcasm is rampant today. This is ridiculous. It was 56 days when we sent our forms in, then 68, now 76. CIC needs to get on top of the problems they're having with immigration. It's enough for god sakes. Two months for a PR card is ridiculous.
I think they are focusing on other application now that it's almost summer every year this happens and the inlanders app always suffer

Daizey

Jan 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-08-2013
AOR Received.
03-09-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with App
VISA ISSUED...
AIP + DM 12-02-2015
LANDED..........
12-03-2015
Mrs_Canuck said:

Oh no! :( I really wish they would at least give us some communication as to why things have been moving so slow, and having these time frames increase so much without any progress! Hang in there, you're almost there! At least you're on your final leg of the whole process. :)

Mrs_Canuck

Jan 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/04/2013
AOR Received.
16/04/2013
Med's Done....
08/03/2013
LANDED..........
12/03/2014
minime# said:
I think they are focusing on other application now that it's almost summer every year this happens and the inlanders app always suffer
I'm going to call today and see what's going on. I would have thought this whole process would be over after a year and two months... This is just frustrating.

Daizey

Jan 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-08-2013
AOR Received.
03-09-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with App
VISA ISSUED...
AIP + DM 12-02-2015
LANDED..........
12-03-2015
minime# said:
I feel for this couple I was in this very situation and as much as I feel for them his statement about losing precious time with his son as you only get a first born child once rubbed me the wrong way. What he said is true at the same time if there is no other way sacrifices must be made. I searched high n low until I found a community clinic that covered most of my services. My spouse worked day n night just to pay our bills pay the hospital etc and yes he did lose a little time but it was a sacrifice he was willing to make.
On the other hand I feel like they did not do enough research on the immigration process in terms of wait times and what to expect. Maybe I'm a bit harsh dunno as to the ignorant statements didn't t even pay any mind to it. I've come to realize some Canadians are not as open to immigrants as others. They want us to work pay us next to nothing and get no benefits. One day they will be in iur situation
I do agree that they should have done some more research, and should have taken waiting times into consideration. Because of the wait me and my husband have put our "baby making" efforts on hold...as much as we want to start our own family, we really don't want the extra headache of me being pregnant with no health coverage!

Mrs_Canuck

Jan 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/04/2013
AOR Received.
16/04/2013
Med's Done....
08/03/2013
LANDED..........
12/03/2014
So apparently 90 days is the wait time for PR cards with the allowance (2 weeks) for mailing with the wait time on the website as 76 days. This is just lovely. Ugh. Hubby and I will only see his PR card around June 10th.

I just want to scream.

nrajani_99

Feb 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2013
AOR Received.
25-04-2013
LANDED..........
WAITING FOR LANDING INTERVIEW
Mrs_Canuck said:
So apparently 90 days is the wait time for PR cards with the allowance (2 weeks) for mailing with the wait time on the website as 76 days. This is just lovely. Ugh. Hubby and I will only see his PR card around June 10th.

I just want to scream.
hey told us the same thing about a month ago.. and still no PR car, all we see is every week a increase.. if they keep on increasing the time line.. I don't understand how they sending any cards out..

it went from 58 days to 76 days... just crazy....

Mrs_Canuck

Jan 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/04/2013
AOR Received.
16/04/2013
Med's Done....
08/03/2013
LANDED..........
12/03/2014
nrajani_99 said:
hey told us the same thing about a month ago.. and still no PR car, all we see is every week a increase.. if they keep on increasing the time line.. I don't understand how they sending any cards out..

it went from 58 days to 76 days... just crazy....
Exactly my thoughts. The government is so obsessed with saving money by cutting jobs and now they're increasing the wait times for immigrants which they claim they need.

Regardless, they should be processing cards from the date they are filed/arrive. How long can it take to make a friggin' card for gosh sakes! I sat around at Access Nova Scotia (basically where you get everything done that needs to be done by the government/province) and I saw them make my driver's license in less than 15 minutes. After seeing that, the wait times for a simple PR card are unreal.

lauraks

Nov 20, 2013
Mrs_Canuck said:

I just want to scream.
Whaaaaaat??
Oh my god. I want to seriously cry hearing that.

Ngawang

Star Member
Oct 29, 2013
etobicoke
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC VEGREVILLE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-06-2013
AOR Received.
09-06-2013
Med's Done....
19-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-02-2014
civic said:
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/red-tape-leaves-expectant-b-c-mom-with-no-medicare-20k-in-bills-1.2638068

What goes around comes around! I hope CIC officers realize their mistakes and stand up to fix them. People are shouting on the petition page and everywhere. They should put their foot on our shoes. One day if they move to another country to be with their family and be in the exact situations. Then they know why we are so 'annoying'.
This is to help their Canadian fellows, not only foreigners, why CIC must be so selfish like that? The majority of sponsors are Canadians. They deny basic rights for working and having health care to spouses of Canadians and give that right to foreign spouses and accompanying children of temporary residents.
I can totally feel what this couple is going through. I was in the same situation before where my pregnant wife always hesitated to go for a quick doctor check up. Coz when ever we went to doctors, they would always called us back for an appointment just to go through her medical progress and end up charging us 60 to 100 bucks everytime. Now that my wife finally has the OHIP coverage, we are relieved. However, i am pretty sure that there are many couples like us stills struggling to get the OHIP coverage. I know that the CIC employees are doing their best but what the Fed Gov needs to do is hire more workers even if it is based on Casual contracts. Very good article....

Sept 11 2013

Star Member
Nov 25, 2013
"Go Public asked CIC several times exactly how many spousal applicants are stuck in the backlog, but received no answer. The current processing time for applications is 18 months."

Hopefully we can get our answers soon.

minime#

Aug 3, 2012
Daizey said:
I do agree that they should have done some more research, and should have taken waiting times into consideration. Because of the wait me and my husband have put our "baby making" efforts on hold...as much as we want to start our own family, we really don't want the extra headache of me being pregnant with no health coverage!
It sucks that people do have to put their life on hold because of this just hang in there the wait is worth it *virtually hug* ;D

rvaburay84

Mar 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 8, 2013
AOR Received.
Sep 9, 2013
I am shocked with the comments about the article ... how they can be so selfish ...