02/04/2013
AOR Received.
16/04/2013
Med's Done....
08/03/2013
LANDED..........
12/03/2014
minime# said:
Question I was requested to pay my rprf online when I got my dm did I need to notify cic of my payment?
I believe they will know. Otherwise, just bring one of the receipts that you are asked to print off after paying the fee and bring it with you to the landing appointment as proof. Usually it will be on your landing letter if you need to bring it or not, but my husband and I brought a lot of things that they didn't need just in case we were asked for them. :)

You don't need to pay it immediately after you get DM, they just want the fee to be paid before they allow you to land as a PR.

vaida

Oct 10, 2013
Believe_Miracles said:
hey guys, I just sent my application in march it reached and was signed for April 7th. But its already been more then a month and Iv heard no news.
Do they normal send a letter with client id or some indication they have even recieved my package. Apart from my courrier sign and there signature theeres been no indication.

Does anyone know how long they usually take before you hear SOMETHING! Worried like crazy.....
don't worry, for me it took over a month to get my AOR, it depends on the time... you will get it very soon ;))

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yata520 said:
sorry wanna ask one question in here ... if apply outland do u need to have legal status in canada ?
Only if you plan to be in Canada (obviously) during the process.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rusalka said:
Ponga, thank you.
But my English is too bad to understand what do you mean :(
You mean that instead of request on extension (prolongation) of my visitor's visa (as I understand it's very easy procedure) I should apply for OWP. What benefits will it bring? Possibilities to drive or what? And I suppose I need much more documents for new visa?
That's ok; my Russian is terrible!!

You need to do something to maintain your legal status if you applied Inland. Even though it's not a requirement from CIC, it IS a requirement from CBSA...which seems like a cruel joke.

One way to have done that would have been to send your OWP at the same time that you sent your Inland sponsorship application. Unlike a visitor extension, an OWP does not have to be approved, for you to be able to remain in Canada. Since you did not, I don't know is sending one now would give you implied status.

Even if you apply for an OWP, you don't have to ever find a job. It's merely one of the available options, when submitting an Inland application, to keep your status. It's a one-time fee of $155 and, again, would not need to be approved. A visitor extension has to be approved and even then...you might only get a few months, which means you'd have to send another one...and maybe another one, etc.

Since you're already 4+ months into this, you might be ok with the visitor extension that you plan to send.

Good luck!

nismopinoy

Oct 16, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2014
AOR Received.
30-01-2014
Med's Done....
19-09-2014
Hi guys,

Can someone help me? :) thank you in advance.

1. My wife is bolding a work permit valid until September 2014, do we need to apply for visitor visa before the permit expires? For her to have a legal status here in Canada.

2. With regards to her Alberta health care, i received a letter stating that she needs to submit new work permit so she can have a new AHC, can we extend instead?

Thank you

vaida

Oct 10, 2013
nismopinoy said:
Hi guys,

Can someone help me? :) thank you in advance.

1. My wife is bolding a work permit valid until September 2014, do we need to apply for visitor visa before the permit expires? For her to have a legal status here in Canada.

2. With regards to her Alberta health care, i received a letter stating that she needs to submit new work permit so she can have a new AHC, can we extend instead?

Thank you
If your wife submitted OWP application together with the whole sponsorship application in the first place, she does not need to ask for a visitor visa. If she did not - then she need to apply for visitor visa before her work permit expires. I've learned it in a hard way :)

soniabrowne1

Jun 3, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Veg
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-04-2013
AOR Received.
19-04-2013
Med's Request
27-01-2014
Got DM on d 7th at 7.30pm. Wud b landing in Calgary. Thank U all :-*

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Every signature signed and every story shared about the challenges we face because of CIC's changes will be forwarded to Minister of Citizenship and Immigration Canada and Mr. David Manicom, Director General, Immigration Branch, Department of Citizenship and Immigration (the head person responsible for all these messes)

Please continue your supports with the petition. Within one day, it has reached 100 signatures initially required, and continues to grow. The comments are great to read.

http://www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/citizenship-and-immigration-canada-improve-processing-time-for-inland-spousal-sponsorship-and-grant-open-work-permit-upon-aor

HARMIN

Dec 19, 2013
vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
cpc vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug,02/2013
AOR Received.
Aug,22/2013
File Transfer...
cpc-v to cpc-m on 03/03/2014
Med's Done....
June,13/2013 and PCC Feb,3/2014
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
AIP 14,OCT,2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 14,0CT,2014
LANDED..........
Never Gonna Happend That
civic said:
Every signature signed and every story shared about the challenges we face because of CIC's changes will be forwarded to Minister of Citizenship and Immigration Canada and Mr. David Manicom, Director General, Immigration Branch, Department of Citizenship and Immigration (the head person responsible for all these messes)

Please continue your supports with the petition. Within one day, it has reached 100 signatures initially required, and continues to grow. The comments are great to read.

http://www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/citizenship-and-immigration-canada-improve-processing-time-for-inland-spousal-sponsorship-and-grant-open-work-permit-upon-aor
Bro ..I am sorry i joined u late a bit but i already Signed just now and i wrote large comment for inland applicants ..Good Luck And God Bless All Of Us :D :D :D

nadouy2014

Jan 2, 2014
Helo to everyone in the forum.

Am new in this forum , actually i was reading your comments for long time but i couldnt post any , only today i succeed , finally am joining you.

I want to share my dates with you and thank each and everyone in this forum , its was good support for me during this process.

I WANT TO SAY CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL MEMBERS THEY RECEIVED AIP DM.

Am Februray 2013 applicant, i received AIP 21st of January 2014, since then no news from CIC Vegreville.

Could you plz add me to the spredsheet.

I have signed the petition.

Good job am supporting you.

Thank you.

God be with us

May 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC- Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-07-2013
AOR Received.
14-08-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with application
Interview........
Thankfully not reqrd
VISA ISSUED...
13-6-2014
LANDED..........
24-6-2014
civic said:

Hey,

Signed it. Just saw CBC they are already talking about this.

Thanks

God Bless us All!!

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
God be with us said:
Hey,

Signed it. Just saw CBC they are already talking about this.

Thanks

God Bless us All!!
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/red-tape-leaves-expectant-b-c-mom-with-no-medicare-20k-in-bills-1.2638068

What goes around comes around! I hope CIC officers realize their mistakes and stand up to fix them. People are shouting on the petition page and everywhere. They should put their foot on our shoes. One day if they move to another country to be with their family and be in the exact situations. Then they know why we are so 'annoying'.
This is to help their Canadian fellows, not only foreigners, why CIC must be so selfish like that? The majority of sponsors are Canadians. They deny basic rights for working and having health care to spouses of Canadians and give that right to foreign spouses and accompanying children of temporary residents.

Daizey

Jan 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-08-2013
AOR Received.
03-09-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with App
VISA ISSUED...
AIP + DM 12-02-2015
LANDED..........
12-03-2015
civic said:
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/red-tape-leaves-expectant-b-c-mom-with-no-medicare-20k-in-bills-1.2638068
Just as a warning, I wouldn't suggest reading the comments in the article unless you want to be annoyed at many ignorant people's opinion. :) I had to take a step back and cool down because of some of the comments. People are so quick to judge when they're not in that situation. One person said, "Fill out the forms, wait your turn, nobody forced you to come here. What a sense of entitlement these people think they have."