Visa Office......
CPC V to CPC M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2013
AOR Received.
04-10-2013
i was told the normal processing time for inland sponsorship application is 17 months!!!! this morning.

lauraks

Nov 20, 2013
nrajani_99 said:
Hi Lauraks,

we landed on the same day as Guri as well.. and still waiting.. for PR card.. its pretty Frustrating
We just phoned CIC and they told us the same thing they told Guri - to call back on Monday.
Urgh :mad:

GatorSPO

Aug 29, 2013
sage81 said:
i was told the normal processing time for inland sponsorship application is 17 months!!!! this morning.
Sounds like they just mindlessly read back the posted processing time. 9 months stage I + 8 months stage II

Mrs_Canuck

Jan 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/04/2013
AOR Received.
16/04/2013
Med's Done....
08/03/2013
LANDED..........
12/03/2014
lauraks said:
We just phoned CIC and they told us the same thing they told Guri - to call back on Monday.
Urgh :mad:
Oh lordy. My husband landed on March 12th... I guess we shouldn't be counting down days just yet if you both landed February 25th, nearly two weeks ahead of us! My husband is chomping at the bit, he wants to get all of his banking/SIN/investment bit sorted out but we can't without the PR card.

I'm just grateful that the application processing is over with and now we're just waiting for the card.

lauraks

Nov 20, 2013
Mrs_Canuck said:
Oh lordy. My husband landed on March 12th... I guess we shouldn't be counting down days just yet if you both landed February 25th, nearly two weeks ahead of us! My husband is chomping at the bit, he wants to get all of his banking/SIN/investment bit sorted out but we can't without the PR card.

I'm just grateful that the application processing is over with and now we're just waiting for the card.
I know - it's a pain in the butt. We've been planning our vacation back to my partner's home country for ages and can't book any flights or anything until the PR Card comes. My boss is getting annoyed with me constantly changing my vacation dates!

You are right though, at least we know the process is over and it's just a waiting game now.

Sept 11 2013

Star Member
Nov 25, 2013
lauraks said:
I know - it's a pain in the butt. We've been planning our vacation back to my partner's home country for ages and can't book any flights or anything until the PR Card comes. My boss is getting annoyed with me constantly changing my vacation dates!

You are right though, at least we know the process is over and it's just a waiting game now.
im jealous for those applicant that their journey of waiting is almost done. :( hopefully we get our AIP, OWP, DM, SOON so i can start working.
Hopeful,
August applicant

sage81

Star Member
Jan 31, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC V to CPC M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2013
AOR Received.
04-10-2013
it amazing how we humans get so worried about every aspect of our living!!... few months ago ppl were complaining about AIP,..followed by Dm,..Landing interviews and PR cards..citizenship follows in the future e.t.c....but you know what after this process is over...we would get caught up with something else that would be worrisome. Thats who we all are as a human!!!. always struggling and aiming for a better life...the question is "what is a better life to you"

Mrs_Canuck

Jan 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/04/2013
AOR Received.
16/04/2013
Med's Done....
08/03/2013
LANDED..........
12/03/2014
lauraks said:

I hear you on the travel bit too! We were supposed to travel to Turkey in August - his family is dying to see him - and now we've had to push it back to November just to be safe.

For all of you that are still waiting; remember that every bit of this wait is worth what comes in the end. The freedom to be with your partner and not worry about work permits/visitor visas etc. Landing is the best feeling in the world - I never thought I'd get to experience something like this as I am a born Canadian. The joy on your partners face will be worth it; every frustrated, confused or emotional moment of this. This process will make you both stronger as a couple for it. :)

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Totally agree with the last two posts.

The REAL catalyst for all the added angst, is not knowing what the final outcome will be, more so than WHEN the final outcome will occur!

We all believe that ours is the best, cleanest application possible, but...when we're at the mercy of a total stranger that's looking at our `lives' in a stack of forms, pictures and documents...it doesn't make the [ridiculous] wait much easier.

Daizey

Jan 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-08-2013
AOR Received.
03-09-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with App
VISA ISSUED...
AIP + DM 12-02-2015
LANDED..........
12-03-2015
Mrs_Canuck said:
I hear you on the travel bit too! We were supposed to travel to Turkey in August - his family is dying to see him - and now we've had to push it back to November just to be safe.

For all of you that are still waiting; remember that every bit of this wait is worth what comes in the end. The freedom to be with your partner and not worry about work permits/visitor visas etc. Landing is the best feeling in the world - I never thought I'd get to experience something like this as I am a born Canadian. The joy on your partners face will be worth it; every frustrated, confused or emotional moment of this. This process will make you both stronger as a couple for it. :)
Travel is definitely added anxiety for us. I was really hoping to visit with my family over the Christmas holidays this year. We're just hoping they get their rear-ends in gear when they finally start processing and we'll get my PR card before December! Honestly until now I hadn't even thought about us needing PR card to travel back to the states...I figured DM and landing would be enough...but I guess not. :(

ruppcs

Star Member
Jan 19, 2014
Ponga said:
Totally agree with the last two posts.

The REAL catalyst for all the added angst, is not knowing what the final outcome will be, more so than WHEN the final outcome will occur!

We all believe that ours is the best, cleanest application possible, but...when we're at the mercy of a total stranger that's looking at our `lives' in a stack of forms, pictures and documents...it doesn't make the [ridiculous] wait much easier.
So true! When I feel confident about our file and am convinced that we will get PR, it's just a matter of when, I'm calm. Then every once in a while, I worry if we missed something and then the panic sets in. Oh well. Maybe this is the month they'll get started up again and we won't have to wonder anymore!

Daizey

Jan 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-08-2013
AOR Received.
03-09-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with App
VISA ISSUED...
AIP + DM 12-02-2015
LANDED..........
12-03-2015
ruppcs said:
So true! When I feel confident about our file and am convinced that we will get PR, it's just a matter of when, I'm calm. Then every once in a while, I worry if we missed something and then the panic sets in. Oh well. Maybe this is the month they'll get started up again and we won't have to wonder anymore!
I do worry sometimes too, just because the first half of our relationship was online...all we had were like 30 pages of internet chat messages as proof of relationship, as well as just a couple of pictures from when we visited each other. I always tell my husband, it would have been so much easier if we hadn't lived so far apart...just imagine how easy it would have been if I lived down the street, or worked close to him and happened to meet him at a coffee shop or something. I just really hope whoever actually works on our application is open to people finding love over the internet...

cmathslu

Star Member
Apr 22, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2013
AOR Received.
25-07-2013, AIP and DM Jul 11, 2014
Med's Done....
With application
LANDED..........
Waiting....
I have been a lot of frustration and Stress during this process, especially that I am not working. I keep myself busy looking for volunteer job from qualified volunteer organization. These way I am building my resume and also work experienced.

I keep understanding why we "inland applicants" takes longer process than others. The reason why is we are here already in Canada, we can't go anywhere. Also, immigration does not care about us since we are not voting for election. This is what my immigration officer friend told me. Any how, for us, we are still thankfull, be positive and just wait. After all we can't do anything about it. Keep smilling :)

ruppcs

Star Member
Jan 19, 2014
Daizey said:
I do worry sometimes too, just because the first half of our relationship was online...all we had were like 30 pages of internet chat messages as proof of relationship, as well as just a couple of pictures from when we visited each other. I always tell my husband, it would have been so much easier if we hadn't lived so far apart...just imagine how easy it would have been if I lived down the street, or worked close to him and happened to meet him at a coffee shop or something. I just really hope whoever actually works on our application is open to people finding love over the internet...
Yes, these are the things that you can't help but worry about. If you think about it objectively though, their whole job is to delve into the lives of people who have found happiness in long distance relationships. I think we'll be okay. At least I hope so!

And yes, it would be easier to have met someone close. But, think about how far ahead you are because of your situation. We've been together for three years but we look at it as the equivalent of more like ten years. We've been through so much!

Daizey

Jan 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-08-2013
AOR Received.
03-09-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with App
VISA ISSUED...
AIP + DM 12-02-2015
LANDED..........
12-03-2015
ruppcs said:
Yes, these are the things that you can't help but worry about. If you think about it objectively though, their whole job is to delve into the lives of people who have found happiness in long distance relationships. I think we'll be okay. At least I hope so!

And yes, it would be easier to have met someone close. But, think about how far ahead you are because of your situation. We've been together for three years but we look at it as the equivalent of more like ten years. We've been through so much!
So true! It just makes our relationships and our love for each other stronger :)