Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Mela said:
Another cheery conversation with CIC this morning. Just to refresh:
File received by CIC March 6, 2013 (14 months now)
File transferred to Winnipeg Jan 29, 2014

So I called to see if I could hear anything about how our file is doing in the Winnipeg office. I found out that since our address had been changed to Saskatoon they held our file in Winnipeg for almost 3 months and then transferred it to Saskatoon so now we're at the bottom of the pile there and it could take up to 8 months just to get our first step approval. That would make our first step approval a 21 month process. Meanwhile living on one salary for so long is just putting our lives completely on hold and I'm starting to go a little crazy because we never receive any news unless I call and when I call all I get is disappointing news. Happy Monday! lol.
This runs counter to their published policy. From OP 1 "Procedures" Section 5.19 ("File Transfers"):

For assessment purposes, visa offices receiving a transferred file must respect the original date on which the application was received as the “lock-in” date. For processing purposes, all processing steps for the files transferred to an office, including the scheduling of interviews, should be the same as for all other applications received in the office on the date corresponding to the “lock-in” date of the received file. This means that an application that is received in Paris in July 2002 and transferred to New Delhi in March 2003, would enter the New Delhi queue as of July 2002.
Thus, it is improper to place your file "at the bottom of the pile" when it is transferred. It DOES seem common, but it really is contrary to their own published rules.

Have you ordered a copy of your electronic case notes? If not, I'd strongly suggest that you do so. That will tell you WHY it was referred to a local office.

ruppcs

Star Member
Jan 19, 2014
I'm on days off from work so I have nothing better to do than refresh my email every five minutes. :/
Haha. Hopefully the AIPs start flying this month! Fingers crossed!!

Migrain

Star Member
Nov 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
AOR Received.
23-01-2013
Mrs_Canuck said:
Guys, this is getting a little bit out of hand. I have been through this process and while others here may frustrate you with their opinions it is exactly that: an opinion... and you know what they say about those. ;)

People who have negative things to say only want a reaction in some cases. I'm not saying that that is what is happening in this case. I can tell you that engaging in back and forth arguing or name calling or whatever this is DOES NOT help. It only stresses you out more. I do say this from experience.

As for the timeline, it's pretty much the same as for when my husband and I applied. It took almost 10 months for my husband and I to receive AIP even after sending in a FULL application. It then took almost another month for us to get DM - again, this was with a FULL application sent. Once it was all said and done, we landed March 12th, 3 weeks shy of the 1 year anniversary of starting this whole ordeal.

Everything will happen in time and it is OK to be stressed out, I was. It's OK to be calling CIC to want to know what is going on, I did. It is DEFINITELY OK to ask questions and voice concerns here, I have and still do. Do not ever feel like you are not allowed to voice your concerns or thoughts. I would have gone off the deep end without the help of everyone here after the first 6 months. This is supposed to be a place where we all understand what the other is going through to some degree; be fair to each other and be kind - in some cases this is the only line of support people have.

-----------------

May I suggest that people take a deep breath and focus on what they can change, not what they can't. Unfortunately, frustration is part of this process. Receiving PR is the ultimate goal.

We submitted a complete package in late Nov. 2012 (yes, we're a 2012er). Processing times were delayed by the CIC job action in 2013. We received AIP 11 months after application submitted. My wife went 16 months without provincial health coverage. Assuming current processing times hold, we are hoping for DM by late June (19 month process).

May I suggest for those whose AIP processing times are beyond the CIC average estimated time, that they call CIC. For those whose DM processing times are beyond the CIC average, possibly they should order GCMS and contact their MP, if necessary. Generally speaking, ordering GCMS may not be worthwhile until after you receive AIP (won't be much on file before that time).

Good luck to everyone.

Daizey

Jan 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-08-2013
AOR Received.
03-09-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with App
VISA ISSUED...
AIP + DM 12-02-2015
LANDED..........
12-03-2015
ruppcs said:
I'm on days off from work so I have nothing better to do than refresh my email every five minutes. :/
Haha. Hopefully the AIPs start flying this month! Fingers crossed!!
My fingers AND toes are crossed! :D

Unfortunately since we sent everything through our lawyer, I can't even refresh my email for a notification, lol. I probably won't even know until my lawyer gets the letter in his PO box and then lets us know! The plus side of that though, by the time we find out AIP was sent, maybe OWP will already be sent in the mail to us, lol.

beholder69

Oct 9, 2011
Mrs_Canuck said:
I would definitely order your option Cs and send them. While there is no income requirement for sponsoring a spouse in Canada, CIC will want to be assured that if they award you PR status that you won't become a burden on the tax payers by going on welfare. I would definitely order them and send them. When you send them, be sure to write your application # (usually starts with 'F') as well as the client ID you may have.

Did you send any other finance related documents?
Thanks Mrs Canuck! +1

No, didn't send any other financial info, so will order and send them. By the way what address should I send them to (by regular Canada post). Just asking because I remember reading some time ago that the address was different depending if you sent the application by courier or not?

Mrs_Canuck

Jan 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/04/2013
AOR Received.
16/04/2013
Med's Done....
08/03/2013
LANDED..........
12/03/2014
beholder69 said:
Thanks Mrs Canuck! +1

No, didn't send any other financial info, so will order and send them. By the way what address should I send them to (by regular Canada post). Just asking because I remember reading some time ago that the address was different depending if you sent the application by courier or not?
Not a problem!

This is correct. The couriered packages are sent to 2 Robert Speck Parkway. Since you are sending in additional documents, these would be sent to the additional/other correspondence address:

CPC Mississauga
P.O. Box 6100, Station A
Mississauga, ON
L5A 4H4
BE SURE to put any client ID #s or Case #s you may have on a short cover letter you include with the papers to explain what they are and why you are sending them or on the envelope itself. It's imperative that they don't get lost in the piles or put with the wrong file. Also, if you have any other financial information (savings accounts, investment funds etc.) send that off as well. It couldn't hurt! :)

HARMIN

Dec 19, 2013
vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
cpc vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug,02/2013
AOR Received.
Aug,22/2013
File Transfer...
cpc-v to cpc-m on 03/03/2014
Med's Done....
June,13/2013 and PCC Feb,3/2014
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
AIP 14,OCT,2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 14,0CT,2014
LANDED..........
Never Gonna Happend That
JohnnyP said:
You have no idea what you're talking about. Just wait for your turn and see how you react when your application gets delayed, delayed and delayed again and you have no idea what's going on, you start to feel insecure and useless, and you get sick but can't go to hospital, and your parents back home are sick but can't travel abroad. and etc...and when you think you're finally getting the AIP very soon, the process gets delayed again... Please put yourself in other people's shoes before making these kind of assumptions.
Well Said Bro ..I am agreed with u JohnnyP ..I called CIC 2 days ago And lady over the phone was very very rude and helpless ...she ask me so many question and when i ask her about my file then she direct told me she not gonna provide me any information about my file and they don't know about my file status and when i ask her why my medical and pcc not update in my ecas till now then she told me because my file still in first stage so she can't tell me about my medical and pcc because that thing only can be update after first stage approval ..when i ask her how long gonna take for first stage because my application already cross 9 months then she told me we r working on July 8th application and i don't know how long they gonna take for my application and when i told her i called 2 weeks ago and ur one agent told me my application already in second stage then she told me she don't know about that ... guys i am not feeling comfortable with CIC agent or processing system any more ...its look like they wanna give us more stress so that we closed our applications or withdraw our applications and leave Canada .. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :-\ :-\ :-\ :mad: :(

Carinagirl26

Jul 27, 2013
Hello everyone, I'm new here. I often read the posts here to check for news and updates. We applied for the spousal sponsorship in November 2013, we have not yet received our AOR, recently our immigration lawyers got in contact with us to let us know that CIC requested a revised version of one of our forms IMM5285-E (08-2013), so we signed the revised version and sent it back, they should receive it tomorrow. Has anyone else received a request to change this form? The waiting period is supposed to be nine months from submission date, but does this revised version of the form mean that it will be delayed by an extra nine months?

lauraks

Nov 20, 2013
guri3577 said:
Hey Mrs_Canuck,nothing yet. I called CIC today and they told me to call back after May 12 if I don't receive it by then.
Hi Guri, just wanted to commiserate with you.. we had the same landing date in Vancouver. We're still waiting for the card. Getting very frustrated waiting...

Daizey

Jan 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-08-2013
AOR Received.
03-09-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with App
VISA ISSUED...
AIP + DM 12-02-2015
LANDED..........
12-03-2015
Carinagirl26 said:
Hello everyone, I'm new here. I often read the posts here to check for news and updates. We applied for the spousal sponsorship in November 2013, we have not yet received our AOR, recently our immigration lawyers got in contact with us to let us know that CIC requested a revised version of one of our forms IMM5285-E (08-2013), so we signed the revised version and sent it back, they should receive it tomorrow. Has anyone else received a request to change this form? The waiting period is supposed to be nine months from submission date, but does this revised version of the form mean that it will be delayed by an extra nine months?
Hi Carinagirl26! Welcome to the forums. :)

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but if they request additional documents before you receive AOR, they then change your received application date to whenever the changed form was received. This happened to me as well and it pushed the received date a couple of months later than when we originally submitted it. Luckily my lawyer just happened to call and check to make sure our application was received, and was informed of the changes we needed to make so we were able to get the revised form in pretty fast. Because you have received yours so late into the process before AOR, I really do hope this isn't the case for you, but it was for me unfortunately. :( If not for one stupid form I'd already have AIP now! Technically we sent our application in at the beginning of June 2013, so it's actually been 11 months for me now instead of 9...

One good thing for you though, once they start actually processing applications again supposedly it's going to go faster, so hopefully processing times won't be so long for you! :)

nrajani_99

Feb 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2013
AOR Received.
25-04-2013
LANDED..........
WAITING FOR LANDING INTERVIEW
lauraks said:
Hi Guri, just wanted to commiserate with you.. we had the same landing date in Vancouver. We're still waiting for the card. Getting very frustrated waiting...
Hi Lauraks,

we landed on the same day as Guri as well.. and still waiting.. for PR card.. its pretty Frustrating

beholder69

Oct 9, 2011
Mrs_Canuck said:
Not a problem!

This is correct. The couriered packages are sent to 2 Robert Speck Parkway. Since you are sending in additional documents, these would be sent to the additional/other correspondence address:

BE SURE to put any client ID #s or Case #s you may have on a short cover letter you include with the papers to explain what they are and why you are sending them or on the envelope itself. It's imperative that they don't get lost in the piles or put with the wrong file. Also, if you have any other financial information (savings accounts, investment funds etc.) send that off as well. It couldn't hurt! :)
Awesome, thanks again! ;D

Tuesdayc

Star Member
Nov 1, 2012
HARMIN said:
Well Said Bro ..I am agreed with u JohnnyP ..I called CIC 2 days ago And lady over the phone was very very rude and helpless ...she ask me so many question and when i ask her about my file then she direct told me she not gonna provide me any information about my file and they don't know about my file status and when i ask her why my medical and pcc not update in my ecas till now then she told me because my file still in first stage so she can't tell me about my medical and pcc because that thing only can be update after first stage approval ..when i ask her how long gonna take for first stage because my application already cross 9 months then she told me we r working on July 8th application and i don't know how long they gonna take for my application and when i told her i called 2 weeks ago and ur one agent told me my application already in second stage then she told me she don't know about that ... guys i am not feeling comfortable with CIC agent or processing system any more ...its look like they wanna give us more stress so that we closed our applications or withdraw our applications and leave Canada .. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :-\ :-\ :-\ :mad: :(
I totally feel your pain. It has been a much longer than ecpected process. But heh, each day that passes is one day closer! So, cheer up! :)