+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2013

Mela

Star Member
Jan 17, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well everyone. It's been 13.5 months since CIC received our PR application and still nothing. It was transferred to Manitoba in January and we have heard nothing since. Will this ever end?! I just want to hear that we need an interview to confirm validity of our relationship or something. I'd be HAPPY to come in and interview but this radio silence is driving me insane.

SaskiaL

Star Member
Nov 13, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2013
AOR Received.
05-02-2013
Med's Done....
??-10-2012
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
AIP 12-11-2013 DM 22-04-2014
LANDED..........
02-07-2014
Mela said:
Well everyone. It's been 13.5 months since CIC received our PR application and still nothing. It was transferred to Manitoba in January and we have heard nothing since. Will this ever end?! I just want to hear that we need an interview to confirm validity of our relationship or something. I'd be HAPPY to come in and interview but this radio silence is driving me insane.
Hi Mela,

You haven't heard anything since 13.5 months ago? Did you get AIP in the meantime? Why was your file transferred to Manitoba? That is a really long time to wait for first stage approval. Have you called CIC?

Mela

Star Member
Jan 17, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SaskiaL said:
Hi Mela,

You haven't heard anything since 13.5 months ago? Did you get AIP in the meantime? Why was your file transferred to Manitoba? That is a really long time to wait for first stage approval. Have you called CIC?
Technically we "heard" from CIC in January that our file had been transferred to Winnipeg, but they couldn't tell us why or how long it would be until we heard anything. We have not received AIP. In January they started working on files really fast and when we heard that some were getting AIP who had applied after us, we checked into it and found out that our file had been transferred to Winnipeg. We have not heard from the Winnipeg office, there is no way to contact the Winnipeg office, and CIC can tell me nothing about my file anymore.

SaskiaL

Star Member
Nov 13, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2013
AOR Received.
05-02-2013
Med's Done....
??-10-2012
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
AIP 12-11-2013 DM 22-04-2014
LANDED..........
02-07-2014
Are you the sponsor or the applicant? Before we got AIP I (the applicant) wasn't able to get any information on the file, because I wasn't authorized to inquire about his file. The sponsor has his/her own UCI with which they can contact CIC about the current status. Did you try that?

chinaman

Mar 8, 2014
AchankengCrawford said:
Roby, I agree that these are all reasons why the application wait time has increased again, but it just makes me go more crazy! I just worry that the delay will keep increasing. We're at 8 months and 2 days right now and I fear that by the time we get to 9 months the wait time will have increased to 10 months. My hope is that as soon as CPC-M starts processing the applications, they will process a whole bunch of applications at once.

It's just a so disheartening that when we made the decision to come back to Canada and apply for PR, the application time was 6 months to AIP. Then to see it increase to 11 months shortly after we applied, come back down to eight, and now start increasing again just makes me feel like the whole thing will last forever.

I'm really feeling the financial stress of being the sole income earner plus having to send some money back to my in-laws in Cameroon. My own family doesn't understand why we're sending money back to my in-laws when we're under such financial stress, but I'm sure some of you understand the cultural and family obligations for people that leave their own country and move to a higher GDP country. We've only sent money back for hospital visits and to pay for schooling for my sister/brother-in-laws, but it has still impacted us financially.

Anyone have any tips on how to stay hopeful and positive as the sponsor?
Totally feel you man! I am seeing the 0 line about my financial situation if CIC is still withholding all files and not proceeding anything my wife and I might hold it any longer.

Meanwhile, all we can do is pray. No matter how many times you call the call centre, the answer is more like standard replies "still under process", "the time is still early for your file", "we cant tell you too much as the file is still pending" blah like that, I am almost nuts about tat

Ass2014

Apr 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPM-v transfer to CPM-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
12-09-2013
Med's Done....
Yes up front
Interview........
----
Passport Req..
------
VISA ISSUED...
----
LANDED..........
02-27-2015
Could u put me there too?
Inland
App sent september 6 2013.
App received September 1213.
I sent upfront my police check and medical on my app. And then i got a letter saying they transferred my case to CPC-M on March 8 2014
I m from London On

Thanks

HARMIN

Dec 19, 2013
vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
cpc vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug,02/2013
AOR Received.
Aug,22/2013
File Transfer...
cpc-v to cpc-m on 03/03/2014
Med's Done....
June,13/2013 and PCC Feb,3/2014
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
AIP 14,OCT,2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 14,0CT,2014
LANDED..........
Never Gonna Happend That
chinaman said:
Totally feel you man! I am seeing the 0 line about my financial situation if CIC is still withholding all files and not proceeding anything my wife and I might hold it any longer.

Meanwhile, all we can do is pray. No matter how many times you call the call centre, the answer is more like standard replies "still under process", "the time is still early for your file", "we cant tell you too much as the file is still pending" blah like that, I am almost nuts about tat
chinaman ..Few weeks ago u told me u got ur MP involved in ur immigration process right ....Did u received any update from ur MP or not ??I mean did ur MP manage to find out about ur file in which stage ?its already processed or still under process ??if still under process then when u gonna heard from CIC ??

HARMIN

Dec 19, 2013
vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
cpc vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug,02/2013
AOR Received.
Aug,22/2013
File Transfer...
cpc-v to cpc-m on 03/03/2014
Med's Done....
June,13/2013 and PCC Feb,3/2014
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
AIP 14,OCT,2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 14,0CT,2014
LANDED..........
Never Gonna Happend That
todare said:
Finally I decided to phone. My AOR is july 18th. Anyway they told me there is a delay due the files moving. I said but this was supposed to make it faster? They said "the future applications will be faster" but people currently in process will be delayed due to the move and arranging workloads etc. Lovely. The nice agent did send off a note for an update as there is little (read nothing) done on our file yet. He said it should all start up again within a short period of time( i am thinking a short period of time involves decades).

I wish people here wouldn't post suppositions. Guesses don't help. just my opinion. This was my first phone call to CIC. They told me if I didn't hear something within 10 days to call back if I had time.
same here ..first time me and my wife spoke with CIC Agent yesterday ..I told him we applied in early Aug,02/13 but we never heard any thing from CIC till now and we r here to know about my application, is everything fine with my application ??.. Guy on the phone quite good and soft spoken , he put me on hold for few mints and come back to me with this info ...CIC already sent to u one letter and email 2 weeks ago but he never disclosed info about that letter and i also don't know about that letter because my lawyer not around ...same time he told me CIC gonna send u one more letter with in next 2 weeks but he ignored to disclosed info about next letter because its against their rules and regulation ..he asked me to call back if i didn't heard any thing with in next 2 weeks .. :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\
From my CIC call opinion and other forum members call opinion , i am feeling they have no idea what to do and what to tell applicants about their application ..that's why when ever we guys call CIC agent they always give us same answer ( we r working on ur file and u will listen with in next 2 weeks ..if u didn't received any thing from CIC within next 2 weeks then called back again )
WHAT A JOKE ... :p :p :p

Falzo17

Mar 11, 2014
minime# said:
Mine expired since January and they never sent any email asking me to redo and it's been 1 week since dm so I called to ask and they said I won't necessarily have to do them over they may have been extended. I hope they have cause to spend another 200 can't do it man :mad:
Ya then u should be fine! I don't know why but it is what it is lol. It just slow down the process again

chinaman

Mar 8, 2014
HARMIN said:
chinaman ..Few weeks ago u told me u got ur MP involved in ur immigration process right ....Did u received any update from ur MP or not ??I mean did ur MP manage to find out about ur file in which stage ?its already processed or still under process ??if still under process then when u gonna heard from CIC ??
Harmin, the Mp called CIC somewhen around late March (27th I think) and as suggested by the Mp's office dun rush them too much but only call them once a month, so I guess I will wait and c tomorrow. If I still hear nothing, I will remind my MP to call them again.

So far if the CIC agent told you that they mailed out a letter to you and asked you to wait. I guess my best result would be the same (but god know how long does it take for the letter to arrive.

remember the notice of transfer letter, they mailed out early march but I only received them late March.

(sigh)

frenchwapiti

Jan 15, 2014
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
12-09-2013
Med's Done....
with application
VISA ISSUED...
patiently waiting
LANDED..........
15-04-2015
AchankengCrawford said:
Roby, I agree that these are all reasons why the application wait time has increased again, but it just makes me go more crazy! I just worry that the delay will keep increasing. We're at 8 months and 2 days right now and I fear that by the time we get to 9 months the wait time will have increased to 10 months. My hope is that as soon as CPC-M starts processing the applications, they will process a whole bunch of applications at once.

It's just a so disheartening that when we made the decision to come back to Canada and apply for PR, the application time was 6 months to AIP. Then to see it increase to 11 months shortly after we applied, come back down to eight, and now start increasing again just makes me feel like the whole thing will last forever.

I'm really feeling the financial stress of being the sole income earner plus having to send some money back to my in-laws in Cameroon. My own family doesn't understand why we're sending money back to my in-laws when we're under such financial stress, but I'm sure some of you understand the cultural and family obligations for people that leave their own country and move to a higher GDP country. We've only sent money back for hospital visits and to pay for schooling for my sister/brother-in-laws, but it has still impacted us financially.

Anyone have any tips on how to stay hopeful and positive as the sponsor?
hi AchankengCrawford,
hang in there thinking that the worst is already behind you and the very best to come soon. You are waiting 8 month and 2 days, so grab your phone and ask CIC what's up with your application, the website states that if you are over 8 month you can call and request what's going on with your file.
Being active in such kind of way helps to hang in. You will see the good news will come very early now. I understand that as you are the only income earner, the financial stress is very strong, I am the applicant, and I see how this situation weights on my hubby's shoulders. Speak with your wife and share your feelings, that also can help, because you are not alone in the process, she is with you and she certainly finds ways to make you see life in a positive way again. You both are undergoing a tough period in your couple's life and it will bring you closer than ever. you are together, you are in love ....and PR soon. :D life is beautiful. :)

Mrs_Canuck

Jan 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/04/2013
AOR Received.
16/04/2013
Med's Done....
08/03/2013
LANDED..........
12/03/2014
The issue with the call center is not with the people there. They actually have nearly as much access to files as we do, which is not very much. They can tell your name, date of communications sent and that's about it. They probably can't even tell what the letters said even if they wanted to tell us.

Be patient guys - there's still more waiting for the PR card afterwards as well. The only thing we really have control over is our patience and how we handle setbacks due to unforeseen issues during this process.

AchankengCrawford

Feb 13, 2013
Cameroon
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville to Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2013
AOR Received.
14-09-2013
frenchwapiti said:
Speak with your wife and share your feelings, that also can help, because you are not alone in the process, she is with you and she certainly finds ways to make you see life in a positive way again.
I am the wife, but I appreciate the sentiment. ;)