+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2013

Falzo17

Mar 11, 2014
Mrs_Canuck said:
Congratulations!

Even when my husband and I included everything in the application, it took them a month to give us DM after giving us AIP. Get your medicals scheduled ASAP and have them express posted over to the CPC - this may cut down the waiting time between AIP and DM.

Generally though, the timeline between AIP and DM varies, some people get it two days after and others get it a few months after.
I already did my medicals on March 8th now I am just waiting for cic

frenchwapiti

Jan 15, 2014
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
12-09-2013
Med's Done....
with application
VISA ISSUED...
patiently waiting
LANDED..........
15-04-2015
Falzo17 said:
Applied in January 2013, got AIP December 20, 2013 and was asked for police clearance with I sent the second week of January and got DM January 24th but was ask to redo my meds so status is in progress again :-[, sent my medicals and confirm it was received mid March now waiting.....
so you say you first got DM and then you had to redo the meds? did you sent them initially upfront? I am getting confused, they ask to redo the meds after having granted DM.

Pedrito

Apr 11, 2014
Hi guys , I just have one question .. When calling CIC , who's best to call .. The sponsor or the person being sponsored ?

Mrs_Canuck

Jan 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/04/2013
AOR Received.
16/04/2013
Med's Done....
08/03/2013
LANDED..........
12/03/2014
Pedrito said:
Hi guys , I just have one question .. When calling CIC , who's best to call .. The sponsor or the person being sponsored ?
It doesn't matter who calls, as long as they have all the information required to access information (i.e. if the sponsor is calling, the sponsor needs to know his/her client ID or the client ID of the applicant and the proper birth date appropriate for both). I was doing most of the calling to CIC as the sponsor and never had an issue.

RRSweet

Star Member
Aug 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2013
AOR Received.
22-08-2013
Med's Request
sent with app
Med's Done....
10-07-2013
Interview........
AIP: August 8, 2014 OWP Received August 15, 2014 Decision Made: Jan. 26, 2015
LANDED..........
12-02-2015
todare said:
Finally I decided to phone. My AOR is july 18th. Anyway they told me there is a delay due the files moving. I said but this was supposed to make it faster? They said "the future applications will be faster" but people currently in process will be delayed due to the move and arranging workloads etc. Lovely. The nice agent did send off a note for an update as there is little (read nothing) done on our file yet. He said it should all start up again within a short period of time( i am thinking a short period of time involves decades).

I wish people here wouldn't post suppositions. Guesses don't help. just my opinion. This was my first phone call to CIC. They told me if I didn't hear something within 10 days to call back if I had time.
This is crazy! How long could it possibly take to transfer files that should have already been organized by date, from one office to another. Clearly they are disorganized and weren't ready to take on the transfer. A transfer of apps shouldn't take over two months to complete and certainly shouldn't completely stop the processing of applications. As the apps came in (in an organized fashion that is) they should have been given to officers right away to start processing. It's obvious to me that either agents aren't sure what is going on and are making up information to tell people OR immigration officers are twiddling their thumbs all day and drinking coffee!
Soooo over this process and lack of reliable information !! ???

woodyc

Star Member
Jul 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville/Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-07-2013
AOR Received.
18-08-2013
Med's Done....
08-07-2013
LANDED..........
24-02-2015
Could not agree more with you RRSweet. I urge all July applicants to make calls to CIC the ball needs to get rolling & applicants need answers.

Falzo17

Mar 11, 2014
frenchwapiti said:
so you say you first got DM and then you had to redo the meds? did you sent them initially upfront? I am getting confused, they ask to redo the meds after having granted DM.
Ya I did my meds upfront but I did it right before I sent my application so they sent me DM on January and 3 days later they sent me an email saying I have to redo my meds cauze the old once had passed 12 months but now when I check online it's in progress not complete.

robytheron5506

Star Member
Mar 15, 2014
Here is the scenario I came up with to help me stay sane during this long wait times.My file is at cpc-m

This is a few reasons why it might take longer to process files.

I read in an online portal that Chris Alexander gave priority to applications from the Philippines, because of that typhoon, this might cause visa officers to take longer at cpc-m if they were asked to prioritize those applications first. But I doubt most of these applications from Philippines
are family class applications but it is a possibility.

The second reason is there might be something that went wrong during the transfer of these files so it would take cpc-m a long time to rearrange these files in order of receipt as they have to check online for every application when it was received.

The third reason is cpc-m staff went on basic training to refresh their minds on how to process inland applications as they are used to process outland applications. there is a slight difference between the two as outlined can't apply for open work permit in first stage.

The third reason is there might be something wrong with the database that handles open work permit applications as it needed to be transferred to cpc-m as cpc-v did open work permit applications, such a change could need some time from technicians to install as cpc-m staff need to get unique passwords etc. This happened to a visa office in the uk before.

But I think of all these the Philippines applications and the re opening of family class applications (sponsoring of parents and grandparents) as there was previously a temporary pause on these applications it reopened in January 2014(these files is also processed at cpc-m this might be the reason our applications is on hold.

And last but not least I think there's a possibility they might be working on applications in an mixed manner that's why woodyc got Aip and I bet there is some July applicants also received Aip but are simply not on this forum.

And the best we can do is to stay positive and attract the goodness as the universe is not abyss to wont's or don't wants it's responding to our thoughts so if we constantly think bad things about our applications we might attract it so stay positive and be strong.

minime#

Aug 3, 2012
Falzo17 said:
Ya I did my meds upfront but I did it right before I sent my application so they sent me DM on January and 3 days later they sent me an email saying I have to redo my meds cauze the old once had passed 12 months but now when I check online it's in progress not complete.
Mine expired since January and they never sent any email asking me to redo and it's been 1 week since dm so I called to ask and they said I won't necessarily have to do them over they may have been extended. I hope they have cause to spend another 200 can't do it man :mad:

MaxLet

May 28, 2013
Prevost, Qc
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (Now Montreal)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2013
Doc's Request.
CIC ask for MICC: 14-03-13
Nomination.....
CSQ: 09-05-2013
AOR Received.
14-03-2013
Med's Request
07-01-14
Med's Done....
09-01-14
Interview........
WAIVED!+AIP 07-01-14
Passport Req..
DM: 28-02-14
LANDED..........
15-05-2014
danib said:
Hi Maxlet!

And us...almost 1 month since DM and no landing letter :(
Hey Danib!
A month for you :p lol.. is already 2 months for me... I did received the letter to confirm my info but no landing date yet...
GRRRRRRR MONTREAL! IM NOT STRESS AT ALL.. IT HAS ONLY BEEN 5 YEARS NOT GOING BACK HOME!! :mad: I ONLY HAVE 4 NEW NEPHEWS I'VE NEVER MET! TAKE YOUR TIME, MONTREAL OFFICE! NO RUSH! (SARCASM)
Honestly, at this point they should be faster... i mean... havent we wait enough?
Immigration is a waiting game, a mean torture-like, stressfull waiting game!

Keep me posted please if anyone gets contacted by Montreal's landing office!

God bless, Good luck

SaskiaL

Star Member
Nov 13, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2013
AOR Received.
05-02-2013
Med's Done....
??-10-2012
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
AIP 12-11-2013 DM 22-04-2014
LANDED..........
02-07-2014
Mrs_Canuck said:
Congratulations!

Even when my husband and I included everything in the application, it took them a month to give us DM after giving us AIP. Get your medicals scheduled ASAP and have them express posted over to the CPC - this may cut down the waiting time between AIP and DM.

Generally though, the timeline between AIP and DM varies, some people get it two days after and others get it a few months after.
I agree with that. We sent in a complete package and we still have the second longest waiting time between AIP and DM (161 days). I found it really distressing to see applicants land who had applied months after us. But who knows why it took them this long. I am just glad I didn't have to redo the meds (they expired in October, a month before we even got AIP) and that we apparently didn't forget to include anything.

Good luck everyone with your applications. I am glad this process is almost over.

bankerguy

Jun 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/09/2013
Doc's Request.
sent with app - app received Sept 18, 2013
AOR Received.
04/10/13
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
V --> M OWP received Jan 9th (pilot program)
Med's Request
AIP Feb 25/2015 & DM FEB 27/2015
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
March 18, 2015
Hey guys

My common-law Partner submit her app Sept/Oct last year. According to the processing times posted, we should have answer on AIP in June. She also applied for an owp at the same time as she applied for PR. (all fee's paid up front.. meds submit etc)

Currently, she's here on a Post Grad Work Permit, and it expires in November.

My question is, once we get AIP (lets say in June), CAN she qualify for the OWP? Do you guys think she'll have to quit her job?

She has an awesome job as a teacher for autistic kids... she recently got a promotion too...she cant loose this job..it pays well and its hard to score a job like this...

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bankerguy said:
Hey guys

My common-law Partner submit her app Sept/Oct last year. According to the processing times posted, we should have answer on AIP in June. She also applied for an owp at the same time as she applied for PR. (all fee's paid up front.. meds submit etc)

Currently, she's here on a Post Grad Work Permit, and it expires in November.

My question is, once we get AIP (lets say in June), CAN she qualify for the OWP? Do you guys think she'll have to quit her job?

She has an awesome job as a teacher for autistic kids... she recently got a promotion too...she cant loose this job..it pays well and its hard to score a job like this...
she would be on implied status related to work permit if AIP is delayed beyond Nov 2014. so she should be fine. also as you have applied for OWP with the application, the work permit extension will be processed as soon as AIP is done.

robytheron5506

Star Member
Mar 15, 2014
No You will be issued the open work permit with your AIP it usually come a week later.

And I figured out why our applications is in delay It seem that everytime CIC makes an operational bulletin with transfer of visa office

here is what they say in almost all of those letters.

During the transition period, Citizenship and Immigration Canada will make all efforts to minimize processing delays. We ask that applicants and their representatives avoid contacting the visa office during this time. Applicants will be contacted by the visa office as soon as the processing of their application is complete.
Enquiries may be directed to the appropriate visa office, or, if you are in Canada, by e-mail to <a href="mailto:question@cic.gc.ca">question@cic.gc.ca

I think they forgot to include it in the operational bulletin stating the transfer

AchankengCrawford

Feb 13, 2013
Cameroon
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville to Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2013
AOR Received.
14-09-2013
robytheron5506 said:
Here is the scenario I came up with to help me stay sane during this long wait times.My file is at cpc-m

This is a few reasons why it might take longer to process files.

I read in an online portal that Chris Alexander gave priority to applications from the Philippines, because of that typhoon, this might cause visa officers to take longer at cpc-m if they were asked to prioritize those applications first. But I doubt most of these applications from Philippines
are family class applications but it is a possibility.

The second reason is there might be something that went wrong during the transfer of these files so it would take cpc-m a long time to rearrange these files in order of receipt as they have to check online for every application when it was received.

The third reason is cpc-m staff went on basic training to refresh their minds on how to process inland applications as they are used to process outland applications. there is a slight difference between the two as outlined can't apply for open work permit in first stage.

The third reason is there might be something wrong with the database that handles open work permit applications as it needed to be transferred to cpc-m as cpc-v did open work permit applications, such a change could need some time from technicians to install as cpc-m staff need to get unique passwords etc. This happened to a visa office in the uk before.

But I think of all these the Philippines applications and the re opening of family class applications (sponsoring of parents and grandparents) as there was previously a temporary pause on these applications it reopened in January 2014(these files is also processed at cpc-m this might be the reason our applications is on hold.

And last but not least I think there's a possibility they might be working on applications in an mixed manner that's why woodyc got Aip and I bet there is some July applicants also received Aip but are simply not on this forum.

And the best we can do is to stay positive and attract the goodness as the universe is not abyss to wont's or don't wants it's responding to our thoughts so if we constantly think bad things about our applications we might attract it so stay positive and be strong.
Roby, I agree that these are all reasons why the application wait time has increased again, but it just makes me go more crazy! I just worry that the delay will keep increasing. We're at 8 months and 2 days right now and I fear that by the time we get to 9 months the wait time will have increased to 10 months. My hope is that as soon as CPC-M starts processing the applications, they will process a whole bunch of applications at once.

It's just a so disheartening that when we made the decision to come back to Canada and apply for PR, the application time was 6 months to AIP. Then to see it increase to 11 months shortly after we applied, come back down to eight, and now start increasing again just makes me feel like the whole thing will last forever.

I'm really feeling the financial stress of being the sole income earner plus having to send some money back to my in-laws in Cameroon. My own family doesn't understand why we're sending money back to my in-laws when we're under such financial stress, but I'm sure some of you understand the cultural and family obligations for people that leave their own country and move to a higher GDP country. We've only sent money back for hospital visits and to pay for schooling for my sister/brother-in-laws, but it has still impacted us financially.

Anyone have any tips on how to stay hopeful and positive as the sponsor?