04-01-2014
AOR Received.
04-02-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
02-01-2014
Cirene said:
GUYS.. I just checked my mail box and I got my OWP :D I have it in hand! Valid for one year..

On Monday I'll apply for a Temporary SIN and I'll be ready to go :D!!!

This is so exciting, a week ago I was in the middle of nowhere and now I feel how my path in life is coming together!

WOOHOOOO!!!!
Congrats again Cirene.......things are happening really nicely for you......soooooo happy for you

Cirene

Sep 9, 2013
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
Sent with Application // PCC: Sent with Application
marylou said:
Congrats again Cirene.......things are happening really nicely for you......soooooo happy for you
Thank you so much marylou :D My husband and I are extremely happy about these last couple days!

Whitecap

Feb 13, 2014
Spikey92 said:
@ GURI

I received my DM on February 23rd. & will be landing in Halifax

And I received my work permit in the mail today. They sent it of on Sunday/Monday so it took them less than a week from AB to NS.
Did you get approved before this week for the open work permit? Did it take a month from getting OWP approval to get the open work permit.?

NatashaP.

Oct 4, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2013
AOR Received.
29-05-2013
Med's Done....
08-05-2013
Interview........
04-03-2014
Cirene said:
GUYS.. I just checked my mail box and I got my OWP :D I have it in hand! Valid for one year..

This is so exciting, a week ago I was in the middle of nowhere and now I feel how my path in life is coming together!

WOOHOOOO!!!!
Congratulations!!!

Spikey92

Star Member
Jan 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-05-2013
AOR Received.
15-05-2013
Med's Done....
16-04-2013
LANDED..........
12-03-2014
Whitecap said:
Did you get approved before this week for the open work permit? Did it take a month from getting OWP approval to get the open work permit.?
Yup correct. I got approved on January 28th but they hadnt sent it out until last Sunday.

Thank you guys for all the congratz!
I still havent quite realised it yet. Im pretty much done with the process & the CIC adventour.lol Just waiting for the Halifax office to contact me which hopefully doesnt take too long :p

frenchwapiti

Jan 15, 2014
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
12-09-2013
Med's Done....
with application
VISA ISSUED...
patiently waiting
LANDED..........
15-04-2015
Spikey92 said:
@ GURI

I received my DM on February 23rd. & will be landing in Halifax

And I received my work permit in the mail today. They sent it of on Sunday/Monday so it took them less than a week from AB to NS.
herzlichen gluckwunsch! congratulations spikey92!

frenchwapiti

Jan 15, 2014
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
12-09-2013
Med's Done....
with application
VISA ISSUED...
patiently waiting
LANDED..........
15-04-2015
Cirene said:

WOOHOOOO!!!!
very happy for you Cirene. congratulations and good luck, 2014 is the year of change.

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
OWP: 25-02-14
LANDED..........
23-07-14
Cirene said:

WOOHOOOO!!!!

Hehe thank you so much. I went to the Marlboro (or whatever mall it's called with service Canada) and I wouldn't recommend going there, we were met rudely by this lady (didn't even get to say what we wanted to do) before she said in a snappy voice "we ONLY accept birth certificates for sin cards" lol. We looked at each other and said well what about this document. So rude lol! But got it done, and then on the way out we almost got run down by this guy in a van! Oh geez Calgary drivers haha :D

Anyway, thank you, I'm starting as tomorrow with a 6-2pm shift which I'm liking, so I'm curious how it all goes!

Congrats on your OWP so nice you got it so fast! Such a good feeling, and with that OWP you can go to the registry and get your health care card as well :)

Cirene

Sep 9, 2013
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
Line.a said:
Hehe thank you so much. I went to the Marlboro (or whatever mall it's called with service Canada) and I wouldn't recommend going there, we were met rudely by this lady (didn't even get to say what we wanted to do) before she said in a snappy voice "we ONLY accept birth certificates for sin cards" lol. We looked at each other and said well what about this document. So rude lol! But got it done, and then on the way out we almost got run down by this guy in a van! Oh geez Calgary drivers haha :D

Anyway, thank you, I'm starting as tomorrow with a 6-2pm shift which I'm liking, so I'm curious how it all goes!

Congrats on your OWP so nice you got it so fast! Such a good feeling, and with that OWP you can go to the registry and get your health care card as well :)
Oh no line.a! That sucks!!! I hate when people are rude to others.. Seriously!!! But I'm glad you got it at the end of the day!

I'll go to Harry Hays Building (downtown) on Monday and then I'll stop at the registry and get my Health Care Card activated... again!..

You start to work tomorrow:D that's so cool line.a!!! best of luck :D so excited for you!

Cirene

Sep 9, 2013
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
frenchwapiti said:
very happy for you Cirene. congratulations and good luck, 2014 is the year of change.
Thank you so much :D 2014 is full of surprises that's for sure! :D

MaxLet

May 28, 2013
Prevost, Qc
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (Now Montreal)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2013
Doc's Request.
CIC ask for MICC: 14-03-13
Nomination.....
CSQ: 09-05-2013
AOR Received.
14-03-2013
Med's Request
07-01-14
Med's Done....
09-01-14
Interview........
WAIVED!+AIP 07-01-14
Passport Req..
DM: 28-02-14
LANDED..........
15-05-2014
GUYSSSS IVE GOT DM!! :D
is this a possitive DM?? :D OMG I cant believe it!

La présente lettre fait suite à votre demande de résidence permanente dans la catégorie époux
ou conjoints de fait au Canada.
Nous sommes heureux de vous informer que nous avons terminé le traitement de votre
demande. Le Centre d’Immigration Canada de MONTREAL communiquera avec vous au sujet
de votre statut de résident permanent.
Des frais de $490.00 sont requis avant l’octroi du statut de résident permanent du
Canada. Jusqu’à ce jour, ces frais n’ont pas été acquittés et la confirmation de résidence
permanente ne sera délivrée qu’après le paiement. Veuillez régler la totalité des frais de
$490.00 en ligne au www.cic.gc.ca. Veuillez imprimer le reçu de paiement. Veuillez fournir
les frais au Centre d’Immigration à MONTREAL lors de rendez-vous pour la confirmation
de résidence permanente.
Veuillez noter qu’à votre rendez-vous, vous et les membres de votre famille, le cas
échéant, devrez présenter les pièces d’identité originales au Centre d’Immigration
Canada. Une décision finale quant à l’octroi du statut de résident permanent sera alors
rendue. Si le statut de résident permanent est octroyé, le nom qui figurera sur la
confirmation de résidence permanente sera tel qu’il apparaît dans votre passeport ou sur
vos pièces d’identité.

Only question, why it says that a decision will only be taking in the interview??? is this only me or regular letter about the 3 landing questions???

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
OWP: 25-02-14
LANDED..........
23-07-14
MaxLet said:

La présente lettre fait suite à votre demande de résidence permanente dans la catégorie époux
Nous sommes heureux de vous informer que nous avons terminé le traitement de votre
demande. Le Centre d'Immigration Canada de MONTREAL communiquera avec vous au sujet
Des frais de $490.00 sont requis avant l'octroi du statut de résident permanent du
Canada. Jusqu'à ce jour, ces frais n'ont pas été acquittés et la confirmation de résidence
permanente ne sera délivrée qu'après le paiement. Veuillez régler la totalité des frais de
$490.00 en ligne au www.cic.gc.ca. Veuillez imprimer le reçu de paiement. Veuillez fournir
les frais au Centre d'Immigration à MONTREAL lors de rendez-vous pour la confirmation
de résidence permanente.
Veuillez noter qu'à votre rendez-vous, vous et les membres de votre famille, le cas
échéant, devrez présenter les pièces d'identité originales au Centre d'Immigration
Canada. Une décision finale quant à l'octroi du statut de résident permanent sera alors
rendue. Si le statut de résident permanent est octroyé, le nom qui figurera sur la
confirmation de résidence permanente sera tel qu'il apparaît dans votre passeport ou sur
vos pièces d'identité.

Only question, why it says that a decision will only be taking in the interview??? is this only me or regular letter about the 3 landing questions???
CONGRATULATIONS!! :D

That does look like a positive DM for you :)

Cirene

Sep 9, 2013
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
MaxLet said:

demande. Le Centre d'Immigration Canada de MONTREAL communiquera avec vous au sujet
Des frais de $490.00 sont requis avant l'octroi du statut de résident permanent du
Canada. Jusqu'à ce jour, ces frais n'ont pas été acquittés et la confirmation de résidence
permanente ne sera délivrée qu'après le paiement. Veuillez régler la totalité des frais de
les frais au Centre d'Immigration à MONTREAL lors de rendez-vous pour la confirmation
de résidence permanente.
Veuillez noter qu'à votre rendez-vous, vous et les membres de votre famille, le cas
échéant, devrez présenter les pièces d'identité originales au Centre d'Immigration
Canada. Une décision finale quant à l'octroi du statut de résident permanent sera alors
confirmation de résidence permanente sera tel qu'il apparaît dans votre passeport ou sur
vos pièces d'identité.

It says that because we are not PR yet.. Once you get the landing letter, you'll be scheduled to land and in effect they will ask you the 3 fundamental questions:

1. Have you ever committed any crime?
2. Do you have any dependants ?
3. Are you still married to your sponsor/who is your sponsor?

(In some cases they ask "What would you do if we refuse your application")

After that 15 minutes interview you'll become a PR :D :D!

It also says that you need to pay the right of permanent residence fee $490 and bring the receipt with you that day!..

MaxLet

May 28, 2013
Prevost, Qc
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (Now Montreal)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2013
Doc's Request.
CIC ask for MICC: 14-03-13
Nomination.....
CSQ: 09-05-2013
AOR Received.
14-03-2013
Med's Request
07-01-14
Med's Done....
09-01-14
Interview........
WAIVED!+AIP 07-01-14
Passport Req..
DM: 28-02-14
LANDED..........
15-05-2014
Thanks Guys!
I've just make the payment online, I was wondering if it will be better to sent the receipt to Vegreville instead of Waiting for the landing?
How long now for the landing letter or appointement?

Good luck and God bless