10-01-2015
Med's Done....
03-02-2015
Interview........
16-04-2015
This really sucks

higgins1 said:
Hello guys!

This comment is from the inland 2014 topic.. This could be the reason why CIC is so quiet in these days..

Mrs_Canuck

Jan 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/04/2013
AOR Received.
16/04/2013
Med's Done....
08/03/2013
LANDED..........
12/03/2014
visa_help2014 said:
Hello Guys,

Just to know how long it currently takes for a spousal visa right now when applying with in Canada(my spouse is on study visa here in Canada).
Please update.

Thanks,
Currently the waiting time - according to CIC's website - is 7-8 months for first stage and 8 months for second stage. So anywhere from 15 months to 16 months. Most people are getting first and second stage in less than 11 months. This is what happened with my husband and I - we are still waiting for a landing appointment to sign the CoPR papers and get a permanent SIN but that amount of time varies according to which landing office you would be going through. In Halifax, we have to wait 3-6 weeks after second stage to get a landing appointment.

Where are you living currently, if you don't mind my asking?

dei

Jan 14, 2014
My spouse got approved for an OWP today after applying online on February 5th (one day after AIP) for everyone who was wondering if you could apply online.

MaxLet

May 28, 2013
Prevost, Qc
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (Now Montreal)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2013
Doc's Request.
CIC ask for MICC: 14-03-13
Nomination.....
CSQ: 09-05-2013
AOR Received.
14-03-2013
Med's Request
07-01-14
Med's Done....
09-01-14
Interview........
WAIVED!+AIP 07-01-14
Passport Req..
DM: 28-02-14
LANDED..........
15-05-2014
Hi guys, it has been a while since i last wrote!
Congrats to everyone getting aip and dm :)
me, got aip jan 7th and took medicals and fingerprints jan 9th, confirm the arrival of both with cic telecenter on jan 15th.
reflected on ecas jan 20th.
Since then.. waiting for DM.

Can you please help me catching up?

1. Are we all been transfered from CPC-V to CPC-M? Why are some been transfered? should i be worried?
2. @CIRENE I do come from south america (Peru). My country and my family are with you, Im sure God will light your path and protect your family. FAITH! We are all with you, and we keep Venezuela in our prayers.
3. I still can not apply for OWP online!! the questionary to asset doesnt let me since I dont have status in canada. (lost it before applying for pr)
Someone who was out of status like me that could tell me how to fill up the online app or the paper app? im totally confused!
4. Has anyone who got aip with request for meds or fingerprints has got alreay DM? how long did it took?

THANKS! :D

God bless and good luck

Carlaganda23

Jan 8, 2014
Halifax Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2014
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Med's Done....
12-05-2015
LANDED..........
SA, AIP and DM May 21th, 2015 Landed: June 12, 2015
MaxLet said:
me, got aip jan 7th and took medicals and fingerprints jan 9th, confirm the arrival of both with cic telecenter on jan 15th.

Can you please help me catching up?

1. Are we all been transfered from CPC-V to CPC-M? Why are some been transfered? should i be worried?
2. @ CIRENE I do come from south america (Peru). My country and my family are with you, Im sure God will light your path and protect your family. FAITH! We are all with you, and we keep Venezuela in our prayers.
3. I still can not apply for OWP online!! the questionary to asset doesnt let me since I dont have status in canada. (lost it before applying for pr)
Someone who was out of status like me that could tell me how to fill up the online app or the paper app? im totally confused!
4. Has anyone who got aip with request for meds or fingerprints has got alreay DM? how long did it took?

THANKS! :D

God bless and good luck
One of the members said here just dont put that you are out of status on the questionaire....for example if it stated that when is your visa expired? put the date like March 2014 or something...in that case that will let u apply online...I hope you will get your work permit soon, Goodluck :D

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Carlaganda23 said:
One of the members said here just dont put that you are out of status on the questionaire....for example if it stated that when is your visa expired? put the date like March 2014 or something...in that case that will let u apply online...I hope you will get your work permit soon, Goodluck :D
When completing the OWP application, you just select `other' for status and write `out of status- needs restoration' (or similar). You leave the From and To fields blank (per the instructions for that form [IMM5710]).

No idea about saying that you have status if you don't, but if others are suggesting it...might be worth considering. But then again...CIC would have known that you were out of status when they gave you AIP, right? Changing your story now, for OWP, might not be a good idea.

Linden

Dec 10, 2013
Linden said:
It shouldn't be a game of chance I just want to know what the rules are.

Thx for the message.
Ah hah!! I found the ammo I am looking for. This is from BC's Medical and Health Care Regulations (The law)

Part 2 — Beneficiaries
Deemed residency

2 The following persons are deemed to be residents for the purposes of the definition:

(d) a person who

(i) is a spouse or child of a resident if the person has applied for permanent resident status and as long as the application remains active, and

(ii) meets the criteria under paragraphs (b) and (c) of the definition; (This basically is saying that you must be living in BC for at least 6 months out of the year)

Note this is the law. It doesn't matter what is says on BC Health Care website which I found the wording to be unclear. If anyone at BC Health talks about AIP try referring them to this. Here's a link for it if you want to take a look

http://www.bclaws.ca/EPLibraries/bclaws_new/document/ID/freeside/00_96286_01#section1

For me I have to send back a form not filled in correctly and another document they asked for so I'll keep everyone posted about my outcome.

Carlaganda23

Jan 8, 2014
Halifax Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2014
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Med's Done....
12-05-2015
LANDED..........
SA, AIP and DM May 21th, 2015 Landed: June 12, 2015
Ponga said:
When completing the OWP application, you just select `other' for status and write `out of status- needs restoration' (or similar). You leave the From and To fields blank (per the instructions for that form [IMM5710]).

No idea about saying that you have status if you don't, but if others are suggesting it...might be worth considering. But then again...CIC would have known that you were out of status when they gave you AIP, right? Changing your story now, for OWP, might not be a good idea.
Ponga,

If u apply online for OWP they will not let you do it if you are out of status in the questionaire for assessment...its not on the form. One members said that don't put your out of status in the eligibility assessment but definitely put it in the form that you have to submit in the CIC...the IMM5701...I applied online before , and you have to answer the eligibility assessment and if you apply out of status, you can't submit it.

So the trick is put in the eligibility assessment just put date ahead of time...it wouldn't hurt it...many people do it here.

MaddyD

Jul 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2013
AOR Received.
24-04-2013
Med's Request
23-01-2014 (+AIP)
Med's Done....
28-01-2014
MaxLet said:
I've looked so many times (at both 2012 and 2013 sheets) to find some indication for how long it would take to get a DM after sending meds/fingerprints (after aip), but can't a single case to speculate from. I had my aip on 23rd Jan and sent did my (e)medicals on the 28th Jan and the only update I received was on the ecas (medicals received). Still waiting for the DM as you are.

Here's what I can tell from the sheets:

• There is (still) no data on DM dates after sending meds/fingerprints at the AIP request. If there were any, one could have an educated guess about how long it would take to get a DM.
  • There are some applicants who had sent both meds and fingerprints upfront and still only got AIP without a DM. So even if there was data for the previous point, this fact would mean that you couldn't generalize any guess.
  • Almost everyone will give you a whole range (5 days - months), the forum veterans will tell you the website say 8 months for med/background/security checking and the call center will tell you that "we received your documents, and your application is still in processing, sir/madam"

That being said, I too would encourage members to share their good news with the rest of us (sadly, never return to the forum once their journey is over).

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Carlaganda23 said:
Ponga,

If u apply online for OWP they will not let you do it if you are out of status in the questionaire for assessment...its not on the form. One members said that don't put your out of status in the eligibility assessment but definitely put it in the form that you have to submit in the CIC...the IMM5701...I applied online before , and you have to answer the eligibility assessment and if you apply out of status, you can't submit it.

So the trick is put in the eligibility assessment just put date ahead of time...it wouldn't hurt it...many people do it here.
Hmmm...I just love it when there's a way to trick the system.

Thanks for the information.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Linden said:
Ah hah!! I found the ammo I am looking for. This is from BC's Medical and Health Care Regulations (The law)

Part 2 — Beneficiaries
Deemed residency

2 The following persons are deemed to be residents for the purposes of the definition:

(d) a person who

(i) is a spouse or child of a resident if the person has applied for permanent resident status and as long as the application remains active, and

(ii) meets the criteria under paragraphs (b) and (c) of the definition; (This basically is saying that you must be living in BC for at least 6 months out of the year)

Note this is the law. It doesn't matter what is says on BC Health Care website which I found the wording to be unclear. If anyone at BC Health talks about AIP try referring them to this. Here's a link for it if you want to take a look

http://www.bclaws.ca/EPLibraries/bclaws_new/document/ID/freeside/00_96286_01#section1

For me I have to send back a form not filled in correctly and another document they asked for so I'll keep everyone posted about my outcome.
Bravo! Please keep us posted...especially those of us also waiting for approval.

hockeyfan

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2013
AOR Received.
15-03-2013
Med's Done....
10-01-2013
Passport Req..
Visa Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
31-05-2014
Hi Everybody!

It's been awhile since I was last on, no news for me. It does say medical received on my ecas even though they are expired now, I hope they extend mine!

Line a - my OWP was approved on Feb 2, 2014! When I got AIP on jan 13 it said my owp was approved. The call centre rep said it was sent out before feb 2 so not sure what to believe. Honestly, I think they forgot about my owp and then found it laying around!

When I went in to renew my SIN card I talked to the govt worker and he said there's a backlog because of the Philippines typhoon, not sure if true. Could be why there are less AIP's now.

Anyways, good luck to everyone!!!

:)

AckTivity

Star Member
Jan 11, 2014
Alberta, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2013
Doc's Request.
13-01-2014 (mailed 24-01-2014)
Nomination.....
AIP: 17-02-2014
AOR Received.
04-04-2013
Med's Request
10-01-2014
Med's Done....
21-01-2014
Interview........
WAIVED
LANDED..........
23-02-2015
We went into the city today and got my SIN and my Health Care number. The very nice lady at the registries even said I could call back once I was home and she would give me my number so I didn't have to wait until the card came in the mail! The lady at Service Canada wasn't nearly as nice, but I still got my SIN easy peasy. I assume she was just having a bad day, but it sure didn't dampen our spirits.

We're SO CLOSE now! Just waiting on DM. But at least I can work now (after 3 1/2 years!!!!) and I can go to the doctor.