AOR Received.
10-09-2013
Med's Request
10-01-2015
Med's Done....
03-02-2015
Interview........
16-04-2015
Yeah, it seems like there are more DM news lately.
Things are definitely slower than it was 3-4 weeks ago, when at least 3 people were getting AIP every day.
I seriously thought that we would get our AIP before the end of February, but looks like it was a premature thought... so sad..
Harmin seems to be the only one trying whatever it takes to keep the spirit up... or maybe he's doing too much :)

clash_of_ideas said:
No more AIP ? :-\ I think they're concentrating on DMs. Oh well

folks-g

Star Member
Feb 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24/05/2013
Doc's Request.
OWP with app
Nomination.....
AIP/OWP JAN 29 2014
AOR Received.
05/06/2013
IELTS Request
docs requested jan 29
Med's Done....
15/05/2013
hey guys its me its been awhile first off congrats to all who received good news over the pass few days. so much many positive things have been happening in my life since I got AIP on January 29th well I got a job now feels just bought a car last Tuesday am expecting my first born child in june.i just called cic about the new background declaration form they requested and I was told that it has been attached to my file and only needs to be reviewed by an officer.to be honest I already feel like a permanent resident with AIP and OWP lol with all the freedom it brings.so those of you waiting the good news is no matter what your day will come. :D

JohnnyP

Jun 20, 2013
Toronto-->Victoria
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville--> Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
10-09-2013
Med's Request
10-01-2015
Med's Done....
03-02-2015
Interview........
16-04-2015
I am really happy for you. I hope this happens to my wife as soon as possible and she finally feels like she has all the freedom.

folks-g said:
hey guys its me its been awhile first off congrats to all who received good news over the pass few days. so much many positive things have been happening in my life since I got AIP on January 29th well I got a job now feels just bought a car last Tuesday am expecting my first born child in june.i just called cic about the new background declaration form they requested and I was told that it has been attached to my file and only needs to be reviewed by an officer.to be honest I already feel like a permanent resident with AIP and OWP lol with all the freedom it brings.so those of you waiting the good news is no matter what your day will come. :D

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Jamesdavid3 said:
My Friend and his common-law girlfriend sent off their common-law visa around 6 months ago, Unfortunately they are splitting up and taking a break which might lead them coming back together in a few months or not and they are both staying in Canada and moving to separate houses... either way they have both agreed if they are still together or not to process his application so he can still stay in the country as he's from Ireland, I guess its a Mutual breakup?
It is a statutory requirement of the in-Canada class applications that the sponsor and applicant be living together in Canada. If they are not living together, they do not meed the regulatory requirement.

From a pragmatic standpoint, unless she withdraws the sponsorship, it is unlikely CIC will notice. If they do notice, the applicant and sponsor are likely to be found guilty of misrepresentation. For the applicant, it would mean a two year ban from returning to Canada and for the sponsor it may subject her to civil/criminal penalties - and any future application is assuredly going to be scrutinized.

If they are breaking up, do so. He has no legal status in Canada and should be prepared to return to Ireland. If they are going to reconcile, then they should make that decision before withdrawing the application. But once they live in separate households they are no longer eligible for the in-Canada class application.

Linden

Dec 10, 2013
For BC people - Tried getting MSP coverage for my spouse who is currently on visitor status before AIP. Health Insurance BC sent me back a letter stating that I needed - pages 1 & 2 from CIC ecas for the applicant - show receipt and processing date of the application for the permanent resident status..

My spouse does not have AIP it just shows the application has been received. No start date for processing like in does in the sponsor section on ecas.

I called HealthBC they said I needed 1st stage approval to get MSP for my spouse. I questioned the wording on their website which to some may look like you can get MSP after CIC first receives your application. They said I needed AIP to get MSP.

They did say if you needed to go to a doctor they would back date the coverage to the time when the application is received by CIC (AOR) as long the application fee is paid at time of application.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Linden said:
For BC people - Tried getting MSP coverage for my spouse who is currently on visitor status before AIP. Health Insurance BC sent me back a letter stating that I needed - pages 1 & 2 from CIC ecas for the applicant - show receipt and processing date of the application for the permanent resident status..

My spouse does not have AIP it just shows the application has been received. No start date for processing like in does in the sponsor section on ecas.

I called HealthBC they said I needed 1st stage approval to get MSP for my spouse. I questioned the wording on their website which to some may look like you can get MSP after CIC first receives your application. They said I needed AIP to get MSP.

They did say if you needed to go to a doctor they would back date the coverage to the time when the application is received by CIC (AOR) as long the application fee is paid at time of application.
Yay! I also have an application submitted to BC MSP and will likely receive the same letter...which I will promptly take to our local MLA's office.

We shouldn't have to fight, but I know of at least two others here that have fought and won this argument. One even received a call personally from a BC MSP supervisor!!

Milena

Mar 11, 2013
Mississauga, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Vergeville
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-02-2013
AOR Received.
08-03-2013
Med's Request
Sent with app
Med's Done....
15-02-2013
Interview........
24-02-2014
Hello fellow Canadians :)

I landed today and am so happy :p

Wishing you all the best in this new country of ours, thank you all for your support and encouragement. :-* :-* :-*

Cirene

Sep 9, 2013
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
Sent with Application // PCC: Sent with Application
Line.a said:
Oh, Cirene I am sorry to hear about your country. That's not good, and not having AIP yet! I can only imagine how you feel. Travelling home is such a hassle I'm starting to think, I wanna go home too!! I haven't been much on myself, but I'm guessing you tried to call CIC and they couldn't give you much information about it? :/

My thoughts are with you, that is such a worry to have on hand. Hopefully things fall into place and you get your AIP soon enough! Hugs from here! Xx
red_gatsby said:
Oh gosh..I'm so sorry to hear about the plight with your country and family back home Cirene :(
Stay strong and positive for yourself and your family alright?
I wish the best for your country + family back home, I wish you the best and hope u get good news from CIC very very soon *hugs*
Maxician said:
Animo Cirene! Después de la tempestad siempre llega la calma, y es maravillosa. Se te juntaron muchas cosas pero es a través de estos períodos donde se ganan experiencia y en fortaleza! Que Dios bendiga a Venezuela y que no termine siendo otro Irak para los gringos.
HARMIN said:
Hi Cirene ..sorry about ur home town ...really bad situation there ..i was reading news yesterday ..Venezueal beauty queen get shot in head by someone while protesting against Government ..Hope every things will be fine soon ...god bless all of them those fighting for future and freedom with their true heart ...
God be with us said:
Hi Cerene,

Really sorry to hear this. May God Bless Ur family and keep them safe.

Stay strong, our prayers are with u all.

Take care
danib said:
Hi Cirene

I'm so sorry to hear about that. I'm following the situation in Venezuela and I know it is really bad and serious. I'm from Brazil and my country is suffering too with policial violence in protests, a lot of my friends are being arrested just because they are in the streets fighting for more social justice & less corruption. But I see that in your country things are doing really bad. Be strong Venezuela!!! Fuerza Fuerza para nuestros hermanos e hermanas venezuelanos!!

Fuerza Cirene!!!
Mrs_Canuck said:
Oh my gosh, Cirene! I am so sorry to hear this! I can't imagine how you're feeling right now, I will be keeping you and the people of Venezuela in my thoughts and prayers. Do you have regular contact with your family? Are they going out to the demonstrations? Hubby was feeling the same way back in May 2013 when Turkey was going through a rough patch and his family were out there protesting nearly every day.

Please keep us updated, we're here for you.

<3
HI GUYS! WOW THANK YOU ALL FOR KEEPING MY COUNTRY IN YOUR PRAYERS!

You guys are awesome and I don't feel alone, thank you so much.

My family is ok tho.. my sister is protesting but I had a very serious talk to her and right now she is a home (THANK GOD).

Well my luck hasn't been the best.. My husband broke two ribs playing hockey last night :( we just came back from the Hospital, he is ok but in a lot of pain.

No AIP for me yet, but it's ok too.. I'm very positive and great things will happen soon!!

Linden

Dec 10, 2013
Ponga said:
Yay! I also have an application submitted to BC MSP and will likely receive the same letter...which I will promptly take to our local MLA's office.

We shouldn't have to fight, but I know of at least two others here that have fought and won this argument. One even received a call personally from a BC MSP supervisor!!
Which members were able to get MSP before AIP?

Have you talked to your local MLA about it?

frenchwapiti

Jan 15, 2014
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
12-09-2013
Med's Done....
with application
VISA ISSUED...
patiently waiting
LANDED..........
15-04-2015
Ponga said:

me too, I have submitted my application to be added to my husbands account and I am still waiting for the answer.

Ponga, what is the MLA's office?

higgins1

Jan 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2013
AOR Received.
16-01-2014 CSQ: 06-02-2014 AIP + DM: 09-04-2015
Hello guys!

This comment is from the inland 2014 topic.. This could be the reason why CIC is so quiet in these days..

hwanlj said:
I called at 9 this morning..
I'm not sure if this relevant to your case, but the agent told me that the whole transferring process (CPC-V to CPC-M) are going to be done by mid March and by then the processing is going to be smoother..

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
frenchwapiti said:
me too, I have submitted my application to be added to my husbands account and I am still waiting for the answer.

Ponga, what is the MLA's office?
Member of the Legislative Assembly

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Linden said:

Even immigration lawyers are reporting that BC MSP is a game of chance for us that ARE eligible with AOR:
canadianimmigrant.ca/community/who-is-eligible-for-health-coverage-in-b-c
(see the part near the bottom that mentions HIBC).

visa_help2014

Feb 24, 2014
Hello Guys,

Just to know how long it currently takes for a spousal visa right now when applying with in Canada(my spouse is on study visa here in Canada).
Please update.

Thanks,