Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-06-2013
AOR Received.
28-06-2013
Med's Done....
05-02-2013
JLynn1987 said:
Thanks, MisterBob! I can't focus on anything else.

The email you received went to your sponsor's email address, correct?

Hi Jlynn!

This is what I (I'm the sponsor) received and what the applicant (my common-law) received:

Sponsor:
"This refers to the Application to sponsor a member of the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class you submitted to this office on behalf of (applicant's name here) and family (if applicable).

You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. The Application for Permanent Residence will be processed separately and the applicant will hear from this office shortly.

Your sponsorship agreement is a formal agreement between you and your family member. As a sponsor you have made a commitment to provide for the lodging, care and support of your family member in the event that they are unable or unwilling to support themselves. [continued...]"

Applicant:
This letter refers to your application for permanent residence under the spouse or common-law
partner in Canada class.
It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent resident
status as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class. However, a final
decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent resident
have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks for you
and, if applicable, all of your family members, both in Canada and abroad, even if they are not
applying to join you in Canada at this time. You cannot become a permanent resident until you
and all your family members have met these requirements.
[X] Your application for a work permit has been approved and your new document(s) will be
sent to you separately. You are authorized to remain in Canada under the conditions listed
on the document(s). Please read them carefully. [continued...]"

Just thought I'd share this with you and whom ever that is interested as I was very curious of what the letter would say. I know it has been probably been mentioned on this thread but here is again for others that is curious of the letter response. :)

JHWife2011

Oct 10, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-3-2013
AOR Received.
10-04-2013
IELTS Request
AIP RECEIVED: 13-11-2013
File Transfer...
OWP REC'D: 14-2-2014
Med's Done....
23-01-2014
Ponga said:
This just seems odd, but is likely standard operating procedure for CBSA. Why would they issue a removal order, if they know that he had an active spousal sponsorship application AND had already received AIP?!

There was once an `administrative deferral for removal' in place with CBSA that would allow a person to remain in Canada, provided they had an Inland application submitted with CIC. Apparently, that program ended in November 2011 (but CIC has not updated document ip 08 to reflect this change). The new policy seems to be that if a person is issued a removal order, prior to AIP, CBSA would request that CIC expedite the processing to a stage 1 approval (AIP) within 60 days, and if AIP was granted, the applicant could stay until DM (with possible weekly or monthly `check-in' appointments with CBSA). Since you already had AIP, prior to receiving your letter...I'm stumped.

It must be because of the pre-existing issue that he had with CBSA, prior to AIP, but...why would that trump AIP now?!?!

Hopefully, you'll receive DM on, or before, Feb 19, 2014!! Ha! Wouldn't THAT be amazing?!?!?!
That would be amazing!! Back in October when this started with CBSA we only had AOR didn't get AIP till November, so I'm thinking they just don't know that we've received AIP. Then had him start monthly check ins the very next month (November) . I'm just a ball of nerves and stress.

JHWife2011

Oct 10, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-3-2013
AOR Received.
10-04-2013
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
23-01-2014
HARMIN said:
Pre Removal Risk Assessment .....in short ,that's mean if u r not eligible for refuge claim then u can choose PRRA..its like a fast track for refuge claim status and its totally depend on ur luck ....
So it really has nothing to do with us then, its not something we need to complete.

JLynn1987

Star Member
Jul 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-06-2013
AOR Received.
24-06-2013
MisterBob said:
Hi Jlynn!

Just thought I'd share this with you and whom ever that is interested as I was very curious of what the letter would say. I know it has been probably been mentioned on this thread but here is again for others that is curious of the letter response. :)
I apologize...I didn't realize you were the sponsor! Thank you for sharing that!

MisterBob

Star Member
Jul 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-06-2013
AOR Received.
28-06-2013
Med's Done....
05-02-2013
JLynn1987 said:
I apologize...I didn't realize you were the sponsor! Thank you for sharing that!
It's okay!! Nothing wrong with being the sponsor :D (other than doing most of the work for the application process haha). Also I did talk as though I am the applicant lol.

dei

Jan 14, 2014
Hi guys, I have a question that's not quite related to PR applications, but I couldn't find a good topic on it in the tax forum...

How do you guys show the sponsored spouse on your tax returns? Do you have a temporary tax number?

My spouse moved here at the end of 2012 and we didn't have a temporary number for filing so we used the '000 000 000' SIN; this year I think we'll have a SIN to use since the OWP will come through in time...

Basically it's all needlessly complicated but I'd like to know how you all handle it..

RRSweet

Star Member
Aug 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2013
AOR Received.
22-08-2013
Med's Request
sent with app
Med's Done....
10-07-2013
Interview........
AIP: August 8, 2014 OWP Received August 15, 2014 Decision Made: Jan. 26, 2015
LANDED..........
12-02-2015
Mocha7 said:
Hello all! Just got email for AIP!!! So get ready July applicants! Our timeline is July 3, 2013 received and July 30, 2013 AOR!!! So excited at the moment!!!

OMG CONGRATS! JULY ALREADY!!! Sooo exciting !

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JHWife2011 said:
That would be amazing!! Back in October when this started with CBSA we only had AOR didn't get AIP till November, so I'm thinking they just don't know that we've received AIP. Then had him start monthly check ins the very next month (November) . I'm just a ball of nerves and stress.
As scary as this must have been, imagine the shock if you/he had never had any communications from CBSA when this letter arrived! The fact that they already know about your situation, and they must know that you in fact have AIP, can only be a positive sign...right?

How could they not know that you have AIP? All it takes is a call from their `bat phone' to CIC's `bat phone'. ;D

HARMIN

Dec 19, 2013
vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
cpc vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug,02/2013
AOR Received.
Aug,22/2013
File Transfer...
cpc-v to cpc-m on 03/03/2014
Med's Done....
June,13/2013 and PCC Feb,3/2014
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
AIP 14,OCT,2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 14,0CT,2014
LANDED..........
Never Gonna Happend That
RRSweet said:
OMG CONGRATS! JULY ALREADY!!! Sooo exciting !
hi ..we r just back to back ... :D :D

HARMIN

Dec 19, 2013
vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
cpc vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug,02/2013
AOR Received.
Aug,22/2013
File Transfer...
cpc-v to cpc-m on 03/03/2014
Med's Done....
June,13/2013 and PCC Feb,3/2014
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
AIP 14,OCT,2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 14,0CT,2014
LANDED..........
Never Gonna Happend That
JHWife2011 said:
So it really has nothing to do with us then, its not something we need to complete.
I know that ,but i just wanna let u know that no one can remove ur husband till ur file under process .. :) :) :) :)

JHWife2011

Oct 10, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-3-2013
AOR Received.
10-04-2013
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
23-01-2014
Ponga said:
As scary as this must have been, imagine the shock if you/he had never had any communications from CBSA when this letter arrived! The fact that they already know about your situation, and they must know that you in fact have AIP, can only be a positive sign...right?

How could they not know that you have AIP? All it takes is a call from their `bat phone' to CIC's `bat phone'. ;D
lmao bat phone!! I needed a laugh thank you!
When we spoke to the CBSA office this morning where our interview is to be held, she asked for our UCI number, we gave it to her, and I explained we had AIP her response "oh well ok so bring that along with you". Sooooo if she asked for the UCI number would it not have shown?

I think the fact that I feel sometimes like I dont have the slightest clue what I'm doing with this entire process, as soon as I saw that letter last night, I bawled. I was uncontrollably crying, my poor husband even cried with me. We thought it meant he had to leave on Feb 20th. I never felt so utterly hopeless in all my life.

So as much as I think ok we have AIP we are good.....I doubt everything now. I'm afraid to feel positive for fear something negative happens. Oh Heavenly Father please get us through this.

JHWife2011

Oct 10, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-3-2013
AOR Received.
10-04-2013
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
23-01-2014
HARMIN said:
I know that ,but i just wanna let u know that no one can remove ur husband till ur file under process .. :) :) :) :)
oh sorry I didn't mean to sound snappy. :( I apologize if I did sound that way. I appreciate everyone's help and input!

Linden

Dec 10, 2013
Ponga said:
The problem is CBSA are not in direct communication with CIC. The left hand doesn't talk to the right hand. I've read articles previously where someone has received a removal order when they have no status even though they have a sponsorship application in progress.

JHWife2011

Oct 10, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-3-2013
AOR Received.
10-04-2013
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
23-01-2014
Linden said:
The problem is CBSA are not in direct communication with CIC. The left hand doesn't talk to the right hand. I've read articles previously where someone has received a removal order when they have no status even though they have a sponsorship application in progress.
Yes this is what I've gathered is the one department isn't in direct update with the other. This isn't a one hand washes the other relationship between them.

Jamesdavid3

May 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Why are some of you getting AOR so late? I understand getting AOR is always the first stage and takes around 30-40 days...?