IELTS Request
AIP RECEIVED: 13-11-2013
File Transfer...
OWP REC'D: 14-2-2014
Med's Done....
23-01-2014
Smsm81 said:
at least good news.
The question is why he was issued such a note? do you have any idea? Dont worry after all :)
my point exactly! Why the letter in the first place, her only response was "he is subject to removal" but I got that my question still is what is the basis. But my husband was stopped by police back in October, they ran his name and seen Immigration had a warranty for him, his work visa had expired, we didn't renew it we just filed the spousal application. CBSA let him go after they seen that he had an application already in process with CIC. However, he had to report to the CBSA bonding centre once a month. We've been diligent and we go every single month, on the day the ask, no questions, no problems, never had to miss a day, we are there first thing in the morning, always with required documents, easy smooth process in and out. We were just there this Monday. The CBSA agent did say that they will not know that first stage has been approved, that's why we have to show them. I'm guessing they are holding the interview to see what the status of this application process is?

Guarona

Feb 5, 2014
JHWife2011 said:
Thank you. I called CIC this morning, the application is still in progress.....relief. Then advised that we call CBSA. So we did. They said that he is subject to removal and we must attend the interview, we would never not attend anyway. We've played by the rules and intend to continue to do so. I advised the agent at CBSA that we have first stage approval, with a OWP application filed, she said most likely due to the fact that we have first stage approval CBSA will tell my husband to continue to report in monthly until the final decision has been made on our application and he lands.
I have also heard and read in other posts/discussions that even some people who have AIP are called to CBSA. Once they go, CBSA makes copies of the information you've brought and the evidence that your application is in process and that your relationship is legitimate. Once they are satisfied, they have asked the person under the removal order to report to CBSA once a month until the spousal application goes through.

Best of luck!

JHWife2011

Oct 10, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-3-2013
AOR Received.
10-04-2013
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
23-01-2014
higgins1 said:
Somebody had the same situation in this forum before.. in their case the husband didn't have AIP or OWP yet, he was just out of status for almost a year.. CBSA let him stay in Canada after the interview and CIC processed their app in priority..
So don't worry, everything will be fine!!
Oh really! Thank you for sharing that. Naturally I was a sobbing mess last night. We were both crying thinking the worst. We couldn't be apart from each other, that was the scariest thought, I never cried so hard in my life. This entire process is by far the hardest most humbling experience of my life.

JHWife2011

Oct 10, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-3-2013
AOR Received.
10-04-2013
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
23-01-2014
Guarona said:
I have also heard and read in other posts/discussions that even some people who have AIP are called to CBSA. Once they go, CBSA makes copies of the information you've brought and the evidence that your application is in process and that your relationship is legitimate. Once they are satisfied, they have asked the person under the removal order to report to CBSA once a month until the spousal application goes through.

Best of luck!
thank you, this makes me feel better! we report monthly already so that would be no problem. The agent this morning from CBSA did say that they would look over all our supporting documents and most likely just have him continue to report. She said that she noted we are always there reporting on time, never give excuses, she said just make sure we show up to the appointment and not to ignore it. Geez as if we would!

I thank God for this site and the amazing people on it!

shyla36

Sep 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2013
AOR Received.
20-09-2013
Med's Done....
01-08-2013
LANDED..........
04-02-2015
JHWife2011 said:
Oh really! Thank you for sharing that. Naturally I was a sobbing mess last night. We were both crying thinking the worst. We couldn't be apart from each other, that was the scariest thought, I never cried so hard in my life. This entire process is by far the hardest most humbling experience of my life.
Hang in there JHwife. I feel your pain and worry. All will be well. Its just frustrating to know that cbsa and cic system are not synchronized. Like, i mean when cbsa run his name on the system, it would have shown that AIp has been granted. Am sure before they issue the letter, they check some kind of a database cause who knows if the person has already renewed work visa or even extended visa or whatever, right?
Again, hang in there, you have endured a lot, you and your hubby will be okay.

God be with us

May 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC- Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-07-2013
AOR Received.
14-08-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with application
Interview........
Thankfully not reqrd
VISA ISSUED...
13-6-2014
LANDED..........
24-6-2014
JHWife2011 said:
thank you, this makes me feel better! we report monthly already so that would be no problem. The agent this morning from CBSA did say that they would look over all our supporting documents and most likely just have him continue to report. She said that she noted we are always there reporting on time, never give excuses, she said just make sure we show up to the appointment and not to ignore it. Geez as if we would!

I thank God for this site and the amazing people on it!
JHWife2011,

Since u have been diligently attending all appointments with CBSA, I don't think there should much of a problem. Carry proof of AIP .

When is the interview??

All the Very Best.....

JHWife2011

Oct 10, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-3-2013
AOR Received.
10-04-2013
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
23-01-2014
shyla36 said:
Hang in there JHwife. I feel your pain and worry. All will be well. Its just frustrating to know that cbsa and cic system are not synchronized. Like, i mean when cbsa run his name on the system, it would have shown that AIp has been granted. Am sure before they issue the letter, they check some kind of a database cause who knows if the person has already renewed work visa or even extended visa or whatever, right?
Again, hang in there, you have endured a lot, you and your hubby will be okay.
That's exactly my point, you'd think CBSA and CIC would have the "one hand washes the other" mentality. They don't realize how much the scare people with this type of stuff. People that are in genuine relationships, that love each other, have a life together, plans to grow old with one another, want to build families or already have families built with each other, the thought of losing your partner literally tears you heart out. I'm sure it will never change, but they really should be a little more compassionate and consider a system to the two (CBSA & CIC) share info to avoid scaring the crap-o-la out of people.

JHWife2011

Oct 10, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-3-2013
AOR Received.
10-04-2013
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
23-01-2014
God be with us said:
JHWife2011,

Since u have been diligently attending all appointments with CBSA, I don't think there should much of a problem. Carry proof of AIP .

When is the interview??

All the Very Best.....
Thank you. Its Feb 20th @ 10:45am.

JHWife2011

Oct 10, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-3-2013
AOR Received.
10-04-2013
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
23-01-2014
yata520 said:
then should be save, if they wanna deport .... i think they will put interview day on friday ...
Really. I wonder what their motive is behind that idea. Nonetheless, its a nerve-wracking experience.

JHWife2011

Oct 10, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-3-2013
AOR Received.
10-04-2013
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
23-01-2014
Its my bday next Friday too....it feels like I can't even properly be excited with all this stress.

Daizey

Jan 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-08-2013
AOR Received.
03-09-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with App
VISA ISSUED...
AIP + DM 12-02-2015
LANDED..........
12-03-2015
JHWife2011 said:
Its my bday next Friday too....it feels like I can't even properly be excited with all this stress.
Happy early birthday! Try to stay as positive as you can, you're almost there! :) Believe me, I can relate to the stress, but we can't let it beat us. Going through a process like this can definitely make a couple stronger...compared to immigration, all the small things that are stressful in life don't even matter anymore!

JHWife2011

Oct 10, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-3-2013
AOR Received.
10-04-2013
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
23-01-2014
Daizey said:
Happy early birthday! Try to stay as positive as you can, you're almost there! :) Believe me, I can relate to the stress, but we can't let it beat us. Going through a process like this can definitely make a couple stronger...compared to immigration, all the small things that are stressful in life don't even matter anymore!
Ahh thank you *hug*

Its so true, I look at everything in a different light since starting this process. It gives a different meaning to so many things in life now.

Smsm81

Oct 24, 2012
JHWife2011 said:
Dont worry, things will be fine.
just ,as you were required , bring all documents with you . tell them you couldnt celebrate your birthday because of that .