06-Mar-2013
File Transfer...
07-Mar-2013 <br><i>- to Vancouver CIC (BRO)</i>
Med's Request
16-May-2013<br><i>- sent with original application</i>
Med's Done....
11-Jan-2013
Interview........
29-Apr-2013 (at Local CIC) <br><i> - AIP verbally approved at interview !! </i><br>AIP & OWP Rec'd: 10-May-2013<br>RCMP Check Req'd: 02-Aug-2013 <br><i>- sent 14-Aug-2013</i><br>DM: Rec'd letter 24-Oct-2013 <br><i>- letter dated 21-Oct-2012</i><br>Landing Interview/PR Rec'd: 12-Nov-2013<br>Rec'd PR card in mail: 18-01-2012
CONGRATS to everyone who has gotten their AIPs and Landing Interviews!! I haven't checked in for a while but it was nice to read all the good news, glad things are moving along again.

For those recently or soon landing, and who are wondering the current wait for the PR card to come via snail mail ... Hubby just got his PR card in the mail on Jan 18th. It took 67 days in total from the landing interview -- which isn't too far off of what the website was posting.. considering Christmas happened during that time and mail usually slows down a bit.

Anyway, that was the final piece we were waiting on. Our journey with CIC is now over and I must admit - it's a pretty good feeling. This board has been very helpful and a great resource, I want to thank everyone for all the great advice, support and information posted here. Good Luck to everyone still waiting.. and looking forward to reading your good news soon!

colivia

Apr 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Veg
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2013
AOR Received.
19-04-2013
Med's Done....
23-01-2013
Interview........
not requested
VISA ISSUED...
AIP & DM: 21-01-2014
seems like HappyWife08 and Tribilin will be seeing each other on the same day ;)

I'm hoping Vancouver will process the interview faster ???

Daradiro

May 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
aman gill said:
Hey guys for open work permit application after you get aip

Do u have to send paper or online apllication
As much as I know you can do both ways. Online should be faster. You have to use form imm5710 and upload all required documents. I did it but not yet sent it, because I still have to pay.
Most likely they ask you for passport, picture and your supporting document (AIP letter).
First you have to go through a lot of questions (on their web site) if you are eligible, just do it and you will end up with the right forms. Good luck.

God be with us

May 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC- Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-07-2013
AOR Received.
14-08-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with application
Interview........
Thankfully not reqrd
VISA ISSUED...
13-6-2014
LANDED..........
24-6-2014
dawlex said:
CONGRATS to everyone who has gotten their AIPs and Landing Interviews!! I haven't checked in for a while but it was nice to read all the good news, glad things are moving along again.

For those recently or soon landing, and who are wondering the current wait for the PR card to come via snail mail ... Hubby just got his PR card in the mail on Jan 18th. It took 67 days in total from the landing interview -- which isn't too far off of what the website was posting.. considering Christmas happened during that time and mail usually slows down a bit.

Anyway, that was the final piece we were waiting on. Our journey with CIC is now over and I must admit - it's a pretty good feeling. This board has been very helpful and a great resource, I want to thank everyone for all the great advice, support and information posted here. Good Luck to everyone still waiting.. and looking forward to reading your good news soon!

Dawlex.......congratulations to u ....

All the best for a wonderful life :D

LeBon

May 21, 2013
Hi everybody,

I posted a few weeks ago that I was a applying for an open work permit through the International Experience Canada program while I waited for my inland sponsorship to be processed. I received my Port of Entry Letter on Monday evening and will be heading to the Border to collect my 12 month permit next week!

So if your country is part of this program and the application days have not already finished please go check it out.

JHWife2011

Oct 10, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-3-2013
AOR Received.
10-04-2013
IELTS Request
AIP RECEIVED: 13-11-2013
File Transfer...
OWP REC'D: 14-2-2014
Med's Done....
23-01-2014
aman gill said:
Hey guys for open work permit application after you get aip

Do u have to send paper or online apllication
My husband and I were told he could not submit his OWP online once the AIP was received. We had to mail it in. We spoke directly with a CIC agent and he sent us a link to the form and the instructions, and specifically in the instructions it says you can't not submit the OWP application online if you've already received AIP, you must mail it in. See the email below.

ir, Madam,

Thank you for contacting Citizenship and Immigration Canada. I am pleased to follow up on your request:

Open Work Permit – Sponsorship of a Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada

If a spouse or common-law partner is sponsored from inside Canada, they can apply for an open work permit by completing an Application to Change Conditions or Extend Your Stay in Canada as a Worker (IMM 5553). This application must be sent before their status expires in the same envelope as the sponsorship application. This will allow them to keep a legal status in Canada up until the time their application for permanent residence is *approved in principle.

If their status expires before the application for permanent residence is approved in principle, they will still have a legal status in Canada. This is called implied status. Please note that the open work permit will only be issued once the application for permanent residence is approved in principle. Visit our Web site to see how long it may take to get approval in principle.

If the sponsored person did not send an open work permit application with their permanent residence application, they can send it, by mail, at any time while it is in process by writing Open Work Permit - Application for permanent residence in Canada - Spouse or common-law partner on the top of the form. They should also include proof that the permanent residence application was submitted. The open work permit application cannot be submitted online.

Please note that they must keep a legal status in Canada during the entire process of their application for permanent residence.

Smsm81

Oct 24, 2012
Hi guys,
I will submit my inland application for PR in late February after my wife give birth to our first kid.
Are there any other application will be submitted at same time or near by?
I hope you guys dont mind me joining to you.
Good luck for everyone

americanadians

Star Member
Feb 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/05/2013
AOR Received.
22/05/2013
Med's Request
28/01/2014
Med's Done....
14/03/2014
LANDED..........
06/11/2014
I should probably already know how to so this but, I don't! Just wondering, when we applied for PR we sent in a visitors visa extension with the application, not realizing my husband had implied status and could've sent in the owp with the app. I'm wondering if there is a way to just upgrade from visitor extension to OWP from visitor and just pay the difference? Or if we just have to apply all over again with a regular owp app? Where do I find the applications on cic? I can't seem to find them. Thanks friends!

Mrs_Canuck

Jan 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/04/2013
AOR Received.
16/04/2013
Med's Done....
08/03/2013
LANDED..........
12/03/2014
Congrats to everyone who received good news in the past few days! Glad to see that CIC is cutting back on processing times significantly! :)

giggles

Aug 29, 2013
americanadians said:
I should probably already know how to so this but, I don't! Just wondering, when we applied for PR we sent in a visitors visa extension with the application, not realizing my husband had implied status and could've sent in the owp with the app. I'm wondering if there is a way to just upgrade from visitor extension to OWP from visitor and just pay the difference? Or if we just have to apply all over again with a regular owp app? Where do I find the applications on cic? I can't seem to find them. Thanks friends!
We extended my husbands visitor status as well--so we would not be out of status at any time during the process..implied status or not. We also applied for the OWP later on after we had sent our application and it was successfully added to our materials (Important Note: be sure to write the ID numbers provided on your AOR on every page of the OWP application form and ask them to hold for confirmed AIP before processing) Forms are here...
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/work.asp
(Note: for some reason it say Outside Canada...but we apparently use the same form--if someone else on the forum can confirm this that would be great)

The chances of having them apply a fee from one form to another are slim to none..but may be worth a phone call to the CIC office to ask.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Giggles

americanadians

Star Member
Feb 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/05/2013
AOR Received.
22/05/2013
Med's Request
28/01/2014
Med's Done....
14/03/2014
LANDED..........
06/11/2014
giggles said:
We extended my husbands visitor status as well--so we would not be out of status at any time during the process..implied status or not. We also applied for the OWP later on after we had sent our application and it was successfully added to our materials (Important Note: be sure to write the ID numbers provided on your AOR on every page of the OWP application form and ask them to hold for confirmed AIP before processing) Forms are here...
(Note: for some reason it say Outside Canada...but we apparently use the same form--if someone else on the forum can confirm this that would be great)

The chances of having them apply a fee from one form to another are slim to none..but may be worth a phone call to the CIC office to ask.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Giggles
Thanks :) we just got AIP yesterday so hopefully it will go through easily. I will phone cic when I get a chance!

Happywife08

Dec 19, 2012
Category........
JohnnyP said:
Hi Natasha,

Congrats!!!

Just curious, when you receive your AIP+DM(+OWP), do they mention when to come in for the interview?
How much time do you have from today until your interview?

Thanks,
No they don't. they only tell you that Etobicoke (or your local) will contact you.
I received DM January 9th and my letter of landing from Etobicoke was sent in the mail the 21st of January I land Feb 12th

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
giggles said:

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Giggles
The correct form for OWP for Inland applicants is IMM5710

nrajani_99

Feb 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2013
AOR Received.
25-04-2013
LANDED..........
WAITING FOR LANDING INTERVIEW
Hi Everyone..

Will the interview date only be issued after they receive Right of Permanent Residence Fee payment is received, or will the issue the date and we just need to take the
receipt with us, please let us know.

Thank you,

Rita27

Star Member
Jul 8, 2013
Visa Office......
Vergeville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2013
AOR Received.
29-04-2013
Med's Done....
15-03-2013
nrajani_99 said:
Hi Everyone..

Will the interview date only be issued after they receive Right of Permanent Residence Fee payment is received, or will the issue the date and we just need to take the
receipt with us, please let us know.

Thank you,
I was wondering the same thing! Where are you landing nrajani_99?