+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2013

minime#

Aug 3, 2012
Victorswife said:
Hi Computergeek, I've been scouring past messages looking for information you posted about schooling. Are there schools that accept DM and can avoid study permit and paying International fees? (We are in the lower mainland)

Thanks!
U can also check ryerson university if ur in Toronto

Tilikun

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Veg--CPC-Miss
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2013
AOR Received.
05-09-2013
Med's Done....
13-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
SA and AIP 27-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 08-01-2015 Landing letter email 12-01-2015
LANDED..........
(On 2nd attempt) 23-01-2015/PRCard received on 09-03-2015
Guys , you are common law since the first day you start living together , sharing the same wifi network , and fighting for the same remote control, and about "who's the dishwasher today " . ;)

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
OWP: 25-02-14
LANDED..........
23-07-14
Tilikun said:
Guys , you are common law since the first day you start living together , sharing the same wifi network , and fighting for the same remote control, and about "who's the dishwasher today " . ;)
I agree!! :)

linxord

Apr 10, 2013
Got the AIP letter in the email too. Awesome! So happy :) Congrats everyone who got it! And those who haven't yet, keep up the spirit, it's coming your way soon!! :)

JHWife2011

Oct 10, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-3-2013
AOR Received.
10-04-2013
IELTS Request
AIP RECEIVED: 13-11-2013
File Transfer...
OWP REC'D: 14-2-2014
Med's Done....
23-01-2014
We had a productive morning! Meds done! Took almost 3 hrs. The doctor took the blood for the blood tests, but couldn't get any blood out of my hub's arm! My husband HATES and when he was told he would have to go to a lab to get the blood drawn I thought my poor man was gonna have a heart attack! But we ventured off to the x-ray clinic - done. Then ventured to the lab the doctor's office directed us too, and that was about AN HOUR wait time but done and done! And my husband made it through 2 blood tests in one morning, I'm proud of him as he isn't one for needles but he handled it well ;)

We decided to stop in at Service Ontario to get his paper work in for his health card. It was a bit of sh** show they wanted so much ridiculous supporting documents. In the end we had to show them my husband's bank card, our lease, a phone bill with hub's name and verifying our address, passport photo, his birth certificate....but all in all it was filed and he will receive his card in the mail in the next few weeks, his coverage kicks in Feb 13/14 (AIP received Nov 13/13). We felt very accomplished and starting to feel like this process has a light at the end of the tunnel.

JHWife2011

Oct 10, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-3-2013
AOR Received.
10-04-2013
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
23-01-2014
Mrs_Canuck said:
I thought I would be getting the AIP email as I was the sponsor... ? BUT YAY! I WANT TO CRY FROM HAPPINESS RIGHT NOW!!!
YAY YAY YAY!!! Happy dance!!! You must feel like 1000 lbs have been lifted!! Congratulations!!

JHWife2011

Oct 10, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-3-2013
AOR Received.
10-04-2013
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
23-01-2014
Ponga said:
To:
Mrs_Canuck, Cirene, et al (others waiting for emails from CIC),

It will help if you realize that those listed on the 2013 Inland spreadsheet are probably less than .05% (maybe substantially less) of all Inland applications for spouse or Common-Law sponsorship that CIC received in 2013. Plus, there are many more 2013 Inland applicants that have either not added themselves to the spreadsheet, or are just `lurking' and reading/learning from those of us that contribute to the `community' here, only to suddenly pop up and say "Hey, I just got AOR", or "AIP", or "DM", or whatever.

It's quite probable that the updates on CIC have been more of an accurate representation of what CIC is really doing, and those here `on the spreadsheet' with dates that are close to yours, are the exception, rather than the rule. As wonderful as this community here is (and I truly mean that), we are just a `drop of water' in the `glass' (or fishbowl) that CIC has on their desk.

So...I'd like to offer an idea that may sound crazy, but trust me when I say that it does work:

Instead of saying (or even thinking) "I hope there's nothing wrong with my application"...say "I am grateful that I have a solid application".
By doing something as simple as this, you have INSTANTLY taken back the power that you have over your mind to stop (or at least greatly reduce) all of the `noise' and `chatter' that's consuming your conscious thoughts and...more importantly, your sub-conscious thoughts.

"Hope" is passive, while "nothing" and "wrong" are both negatives. However, "I am" is active, and "grateful" and "solid" are both very POSITIVE!

Will doing this in any way speed up whatever is really happening at CIC? No, but what it will do is give you the ability to believe in what you have submitted.
It's entirely possible that the file that your visa officer had before yours was a real mess, which is why it is impacting your `good news'.

Now...go check your email! ;)
ooohhh I abosolutely LOVE THIS! Everything, word for word, is so true!

Rita27

Star Member
Jul 8, 2013
Visa Office......
Vergeville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2013
AOR Received.
29-04-2013
Med's Done....
15-03-2013
Congrats to everyone who received the good news !!!! :D
I got my AIP beginning of the week, with CIC asking me to redo my medicals (which by the way I did in april, so they aren't expired yet)
So I called the call center all they could tell me was "oh, yes, you do have valid medical examinations on file, thats so weird !!" :mad:
they said I could try and send CIC a letter asking them if they sent it by mistake or something..
But to save time I just decided to go and redo the the meds.. which I did yesterday
a bit frustrating but hey... I got AIP already :)
oh, and for my ontario buddies, I did manage to get OHIP with my AIP ! ;D

SS.Kingston

Star Member
Jan 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-03-2013
AOR Received.
20-03-2013
Med's Request
13-01-2014 (AIP)
Med's Done....
20-01-2014
Interview........
17-10-2014 (Decision Made)
JHWife2011 said:
We had a productive morning! Meds done! Took almost 3 hrs. The doctor took the blood for the blood tests, but couldn't get any blood out of my hub's arm! My husband HATES and when he was told he would have to go to a lab to get the blood drawn I thought my poor man was gonna have a heart attack! But we ventured off to the x-ray clinic - done. Then ventured to the lab the doctor's office directed us too, and that was about AN HOUR wait time but done and done! And my husband made it through 2 blood tests in one morning, I'm proud of him as he isn't one for needles but he handled it well ;)

We decided to stop in at Service Ontario to get his paper work in for his health card. It was a bit of sh** show they wanted so much ridiculous supporting documents. In the end we had to show them my husband's bank card, our lease, a phone bill with hub's name and verifying our address, passport photo, his birth certificate....but all in all it was filed and he will receive his card in the mail in the next few weeks, his coverage kicks in Feb 13/14 (AIP received Nov 13/13). We felt very accomplished and starting to feel like this process has a light at the end of the tunnel.
Good news! Glad that there is no 3-month waiting period for OHIP!

Mrs_Canuck

Jan 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/04/2013
AOR Received.
16/04/2013
Med's Done....
08/03/2013
LANDED..........
12/03/2014
Thank you everyone! Cirene, I suspect that you will hear today.

I'm calling CIC today to find out what happened to my AIP email as I never received one but hubby received confirmation of OWP (which means we have AIP). I know he needs the AIP to get a temporary SIN and health care coverage by the province, but do we actually need the physical email for that?

EDIT: Just got off the phone - even though I corrected the email address months ago and I confirmed it with CIC a few times, they still send the AIP email to the wrong email address that they had on file for me months ago. They're re-sending the email today, hopefully, to the correct email address.

Rita27

Star Member
Jul 8, 2013
Visa Office......
Vergeville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2013
AOR Received.
29-04-2013
Med's Done....
15-03-2013
Mrs_Canuck said:
Thank you everyone! Cirene, I suspect that you will hear today.

I'm calling CIC today to find out what happened to my AIP email as I never received one but hubby received confirmation of OWP (which means we have AIP). I know he needs the AIP to get a temporary SIN and health care coverage by the province, but do we actually need the physical email for that?

EDIT: Just got off the phone - even though I corrected the email address months ago and I confirmed it with CIC a few times, they still send the AIP email to the wrong email address that they had on file for me months ago. They're re-sending the email today, hopefully, to the correct email address.
CIC never ceases to surprise with their inability to keep things organized ;)

Dec 12, 2013
Big Congratulations to everyone who has got goodnews! DM, OWP, AIP and finally LANDED. Wow how exciting is that? May applicants are y'all ready? My application was received on the 29th of May
I am so excited! With God on our side, we are going to be Victorious!

minime#

Aug 3, 2012
Tilikun said:
Lmao funny!!! Totally agree