02/04/2013
AOR Received.
16/04/2013
Med's Done....
08/03/2013
LANDED..........
12/03/2014
Cirene said:
Oh Mrs_Canuck, thank you so much for your sweet words!! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO BOTH YOU TOO! One year already eh? so quick!.. I hope you guys enjoy today and many more years of happy marriage :D

PS: This weeks is OUR week :D (finally)
Aww, you're a sweetheart. Thank you, Cirene! :) This week is ours! I agree! I was just telling hubby about you and how we have the same dates and anniversary, he thought it was pretty cool. :)

Gaur

Oct 15, 2013
Hi guys,

I got an update regarding my file number and CIC confirmed by email that my application has been received last week.
It's almost one week after that and checked my online client application status and in there only my name is showing up without any details.

It says click here for underlined status but there is nothing to click on.

Can you please tell me is it something to do with CIC ECAS link?

Thanks
Gaur

Cirene

Sep 9, 2013
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
Sent with Application // PCC: Sent with Application
Mrs_Canuck said:
Aww, you're a sweetheart. Thank you, Cirene! :) This week is ours! I agree! I was just telling hubby about you and how we have the same dates and anniversary, he thought it was pretty cool. :)
I hear you, my husband thinks the same thing hehe. I hope you had an amazing day today :D

Cirene

Sep 9, 2013
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
Sent with Application // PCC: Sent with Application
Gaur said:
Hi guys,

I got an update regarding my file number and CIC confirmed by email that my application has been received last week.
It's almost one week after that and checked my online client application status and in there only my name is showing up without any details.

It says click here for underlined status but there is nothing to click on.

Can you please tell me is it something to do with CIC ECAS link?

Thanks
Gaur
Congratulations on your AOR.. Mmm eCAS is a funny thing because some officers update it and some others don't even bother.

Some people here are waiting to land and their eCAS only shows "Application Received" (nothing else)

If your eCAS doesn't show more than that, then there is not too much to wait for :)

The important thing is that you got your AOR and the next steps are AIP and DM followed by the "Landing Date". So don't worry too much about it :)

amyJP

Jan 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-03-2013
AOR Received.
27-03-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with app
LANDED..........
Waiting
ortom said:
Hi All,

I just wanted to give an update from my personal experience, on the matter of leaving Canada while having an inland application in progress.

My hubby and I went to FL, USA last week and just returned today through the buffalo land border.When at the border, we gave the passports along with my work permit to the officer; the officer asked us where we live, where were we coming from and what was the purpose of the trip, and we were good to go.

As I had read from other posts, I brought some evidence that we have applied for the inland spousal sponsorship, however the officer did not ask us about the sponsorship.

Please note, that I am on a pgwp, so that might have affected why I was not asked about the sponsorship, the rules for visitor status might be different.
Can anyone comment on leaving and reentering on a OWP? We are in between AIP/OWP and waiting for DM, but hoping to drive into Washington in a couple of weeks. Partner had no trouble coming and going on his PGWP, prior to applying In-land, and we assume that once he had his OWP in hand he'd be able to move about while we wait for PR. Is it still a risk to the application as a whole to do this?

amyJP

Jan 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-03-2013
AOR Received.
27-03-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with app
LANDED..........
Waiting
Line.a said:
Congrats to those who received their AIPs and DMs this past week! Happy happy :)

This might be a little off topic and not immigration related.. But I am being sort of unlucky these days.. We still haven't received my OWP and therefore not being able to apply for AB health care! I am having the most severe tooth/gum aches and I'm almost a 100% sure it's a wisdom tooth coming in.. But the pain is excruciating.. I've had to take codeine to only relieve the pain for a short while (worse at night time)

To you out there, having wisdoms coming in, is it really supposed to hurt like this? Can't afford to go to the dentist :-[

Sorry for the off topic, I just don't know what to do right now. Ugh
Does AB need you to have your OWP before applying? I'm in BC so I expect it to be a bit different but we just had to submit proof that the CIC was processing his application in order for him to get added to my account as a family member. In the lag time between us sending the application and being able to prove that they were working on it, he "didn't have coverage" meaning he'd have to pay for medical expenses up front, but his account would be back-dated to 3 months-post application, and he would be reimbursed for any medical expenses during that time. Luckily we didn't incur any, but it was reassuring to know we would 't be straight up OUT almost $1000 just to go to the hospital.

mloe

Jan 20, 2014
Hello everyone,
I have been following this forum for a long time, but I never participated..
I received my AIP+DM last Wednesday Jan 16th. (I sent my application on March 20th 2013 and received my AOR on April 5th). We sent all information upfront and paid all the fees (I suggest this option since I believed it helped me to get both stages approved at the same time).
My landing office is Ottawa.

Now my concern: The AIP and DM were sent to us via email. We moved last november and we updated our info on ECAS (showing my actual address since last November), however the AIP and DM letters were directed to our old address (we received as email, but up on the top, my old address).
I phoned CIC to inform them and they seemed sourprise about this issue. I am a bit concern, because now that we are at this stage I would not like to ruin everything for missing my landing interview....
Any suggestions about what to do? Am I worrying to much??
Thank you! and good luck to everyone still waiting, CIC is working fast!!!

Yslandgurl

Jan 21, 2013
Hi Everyone,

I would like to share the good news that I got my DM yesterday thru the E-mail! It was a very pleasant surprise I had to re-read the email several times to make sure this was a new email and not a re-send as it was dated January 19, 2014, 2:28pm- a Sunday! The Immigration officers are busy working even on Sundays!

Rita27

Star Member
Jul 8, 2013
Visa Office......
Vergeville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2013
AOR Received.
29-04-2013
Med's Done....
15-03-2013
Good morning everyone! :D
May this week be rich and prosperous with AIP's and DM's for all of us!
I am already here, even thought its only 7 am in Vegreville ;)

Mrs_Canuck

Jan 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/04/2013
AOR Received.
16/04/2013
Med's Done....
08/03/2013
LANDED..........
12/03/2014
Wise words, Rita! C'mon CIC! Keep rolling out those AIP/DM/OWPs!

JHWife2011

Oct 10, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-3-2013
AOR Received.
10-04-2013
IELTS Request
AIP RECEIVED: 13-11-2013
File Transfer...
OWP REC'D: 14-2-2014
Med's Done....
23-01-2014
Ok maybe I am just super impatient and my hub's is driving me nuts because he is going bonkers sitting at home all day and just wants to work lol but we sent in his OWP application on Dec 27th after receiving the AIP letters in November. His meds are scheduled for this Thursday. But my question is, if the OWP was sent on the 27th how much longer will it take? will we see an update on our application status on the CIC website that the OWP application was received or mailed out?? or will it just pop up in the mail?

This may be a stupid question but I keep seeing the abbreviation DM - what does it stand for?? Decision made?

minime#

Aug 3, 2012
@ jhwife2011 yes it means decision made

Good morning everyone thought I'd share this so I called cic this morning to see if I can get an update on my file n was told my application is still in process duh n once they didn't ask for anything I'm fine n I should hear from them in the next 2-3 weeks......is that a good or bad thing :-[

P.S keep ALL you receipts agent didn't have a clue of my additional documents

Good luck this week everyone!!!!

JHWife2011

Oct 10, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-3-2013
AOR Received.
10-04-2013
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
23-01-2014
@ minime - thanks ;)

guri3577

May 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2013
AOR Received.
30-05-2013
Med's Done....
14-04-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
AIP&DM: 30-01-2014
LANDED..........
25-02-2014
JHWife2011 said:
Ok maybe I am just super impatient and my hub's is driving me nuts because he is going bonkers sitting at home all day and just wants to work lol but we sent in his OWP application on Dec 27th after receiving the AIP letters in November. His meds are scheduled for this Thursday. But my question is, if the OWP was sent on the 27th how much longer will it take? will we see an update on our application status on the CIC website that the OWP application was received or mailed out?? or will it just pop up in the mail?

This may be a stupid question but I keep seeing the abbreviation DM - what does it stand for?? Decision made?
I am assuming you guys applied online for OWP, if that is the case you should most probably get it this week. According to the website they are working on applications received on December 30 (online). http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp.asp

JHWife2011

Oct 10, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-3-2013
AOR Received.
10-04-2013
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
23-01-2014
guri3577 said:
I am assuming you guys applied online for OWP, if that is the case you should most probably get it this week. According to the website they are working on applications received on December 30 (online). http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp.asp
Nope CIC agent said we could not apply online that it had to be mailed in because we already have our application in progress and once there is an app in progress and a AIP received the OWP app must be submitted via mail.