AOR Received.
21-Jan-'13
Med's Done....
02-Nov-'12
LANDED..........
28-Nov-'13
Ariandel said:
I believe this is DM, yes? :)

When they say 'the original identification document(s)' I assume they're referring to my passport? Do I need to bring anything else along (other, of course, than paperwork CIC has already sent me such as the OWP, etc)?

Basically, what comes next?
Congrats! Yes, it's DM!
'the original identification document(s)' Yes, it's your passport.

Ottawa office will send you an letter about the landing interview. In the letter, they tell you about what you should bring. (Passport, 2 photos for PR card, documents CIC sent you before (Visitor, Study, Work permit. OWP, too), temporary SIN card and maybe your sponsor)

alexandre1610

Star Member
Nov 26, 2013
The CIC just updated for the first stage is only 10 months, they are working on the March 16 application. Good news and the way to go faster and faster CIC :)

Cirene

Sep 9, 2013
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
Sent with Application // PCC: Sent with Application
Ariandel said:
I believe this is DM, yes? :)

This letter refers to your application for permanent residence under the spouse or common-law
partner in Canada class.

We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The
Canada Immigration Centre in Ottawa will contact you concerning your permanent resident
status.

Please note: At the time of your appointment, you and your family members, if any, will
be required to present the original identification document(s) to the Canada Immigration
Centre. A final decision concerning the granting of permanent residence status will be
made at that time. If permanent residence is granted, the name that will appear on the
confirmation of permanent resident document is your name as it appears on your
passport or identity documents.

When they say 'the original identification document(s)' I assume they're referring to my passport? Do I need to bring anything else along (other, of course, than paperwork CIC has already sent me such as the OWP, etc)?

Basically, what comes next?
Congratulations Ariandel :D almost done :D

nrajani_99

Feb 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2013
AOR Received.
25-04-2013
LANDED..........
WAITING FOR LANDING INTERVIEW
Cirene said:
Congratulations Ariandel :D almost done :D
congrats

When did u apply

Cirene

Sep 9, 2013
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
aneta35 said:
I received the same letter yesterday so I think it is almost done- that is what good people here told me. :)
That's great Aneta35 :D You must be feeling amazing!! CIC is working fast for sure :D

donyh

Jan 16, 2014
I've just received a mail from CIC saying :

"You have been scheduled to appear for an interview and to receive you Confirmation of Permanent Resident Document at our office on Jan 21, 2014 at the above location."

Has anyone here received this type of letter before? And what do they usually ask in the interview?

Thanks

aneta35

Jan 15, 2014
We started our application in september 2012 soo it took a little bit of time :)
this is my story from another topic copy/ paste from there

Hi! I hope that somebody can help me. My story is
1. My husband is a PR in Canada for over 16 years(he did the test for citizen but he didin't pass it was in 2003, he didin't bother since then).He is sponsoring me to Canada inland application.
2. We send my application in september 2012 but it was sended back in december 2012 due to one mistake. We fixed that mistake and sended application back in january 2013.
3 February 7th 2013 my husband received a letter that my application is cofirmed.
4. November 18 we received letters from CIC that we have meet the eligibility requirements for PR. The letter says also that I can applay for the open work permit and the study permit.
They also asked me for medical and background check for me and my husband( I have send that the first time we filed application, but that one expired- I made a phone call to CIC to make sure).
5 I have done what they asked for and send that to them in december 2013.
6. I received the letter from CIC today quote
" We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The CIC in Hamilton, ON will contact you concerning your permanent resident status.
Please note At the time of your appointment you and your family members if any will be required to present the original documents to the CIC. A final decision concerning the granting of permanent residence status will be made at that time'
I would like to know what that does it mean? How long do I have to wait to recevie something from Hamilton office?
Thank you for any response.

Cirene

Sep 9, 2013
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
donyh said:
I've just received a mail from CIC saying :

"You have been scheduled to appear for an interview and to receive you Confirmation of Permanent Resident Document at our office on Jan 21, 2014 at the above location."

Has anyone here received this type of letter before? And what do they usually ask in the interview?

Thanks
They usually ask the three basic questions:

1. Have you ever committed any crime?
2. Do you have dependants in your country of origin?
3. Are you still married (or in a common-law/conjugal relationship) to your Sponsor?

And I also heard they ask this "What would you do if we refuse your application?"

People say the landing interview is very quick, you should be fine :D Best of luck!

donyh

Jan 16, 2014
Cirene said:
They usually ask the three basic questions:

1. Have you ever committed any crime?
2. Do you have dependants in your country of origin?
3. Are you still married (or in a common-law/conjugal relationship) to your Sponsor?

And I also heard they ask this "What would you do if we refuse your application?"

People say the landing interview is very quick, you should be fine :D Best of luck!
I hope everything will go well on Monday. During this year I 've been so calm about this until today. :)

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
donyh said:
My wife is Canadian and we submitted the application on Jan 3, 2013. Submitted visa extension as well as OWP. I received my OWP in November. We also submitted photos, chat logs to prove our genuine relationships for 2 years before got married here in Canada. Does anyone know what the officers will ask for the interview?

Thanks ;D
They'll ask what your favorite color is and if you believe in unicorns.

See Cirene's answer to your question, two posts above your same question...again. ;)
Congratulations!

guri3577

May 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2013
AOR Received.
30-05-2013
Med's Done....
14-04-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
AIP&DM: 30-01-2014
LANDED..........
25-02-2014
Congrats to corbs and Ariandel for the good news :) CIC seems little slow today, hopefully tomm. will be full of good news.

aneta35

Jan 15, 2014
Ponga said:
They'll ask what your favorite color is and if you believe in unicorns.

See Cirene's answer to your question, two posts above your same question...again. ;)
Congratulations!
I just asked my husband that question and he is looking at me really? :D We tend to choose colors that wan't show that he is sweating :D