App. Filed.......
16-04-2013
AOR Received.
24-04-2013
Interview........
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
Normally everyone will b lazy on Monday for work but for CIC is always different in everything they do.so its Tuesday blue for them.Very slow day :'(

amyJP

Jan 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-03-2013
AOR Received.
27-03-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with app
LANDED..........
Waiting
Jamesdavid3 said:
How did you receive the OWP and AIP?

Was the AIP sent via Email and the OWP sent with your Mail? So I am guessing you don't need to cross the boarder at the point to active your work permit?
Yes AIP official letter sent as an attachment via email - we were both emailed seperately, mine saying I was approved as sponsor and his saying he met the requirements for sponsorhip/waiting on meds, police, etc. before final decision. His also stated that he had been approved for OWP and it would be mailed to him.

I'm not sure if he will have to cross the border to activate the OWP, maybe a letter will come in the envelope with it explaining what to do? He is here on implied status off of a post graduate work permit, so he already has a SIN and has been working the whole time the application has been in so I don't think anything will change once he gets the OWP paper.

shawngong

Dec 18, 2013
Hi Everyone:

I just received my landing interview today. There are a few things I don't understand. You guys have the same landing interview letter as I do?

"
Please note:
 If you are currently employed but were receiving welfare or social services benefits at or since the time that you
submitted your application for permanent residence, please bring proof of employment, proof of income and
termination of benefits with you to the above-noted interview. If you are currently in receipt of welfare or social
services benefits, please bring a written explanation explaining your situation.
 If you believe that you will require the services of an interpreter, you are responsible for hiring/finding an
interpreter and ensuring that they attend the interview with you.
 If you were sponsored, please ensure that your sponsor attends the interview with you, as there may be a
requirement to question them.
"

Thanks guys.

amyJP

Jan 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-03-2013
AOR Received.
27-03-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with app
LANDED..........
Waiting
JLynn1987 said:
Awesome! Congratulations, amyJP! I can just imagine trying to contain my excitement in the middle of a class! Haha!
Thanks very much to everyone for your support! :)
And yes JLynn1987 it was a challenge for sure! If we'd gotten DM at the same time I'm pretty sure I would have jumped up, danced, and then booked it out of there as fast as possible to buy some champagne!

lauraks

Nov 20, 2013
We are still waiting for the landing date for my partner. I'm panicking a little because I have to travel for work at the end of the month, I really hope they don't set the landing date during that week......

Mrs_Canuck

Jan 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/04/2013
AOR Received.
16/04/2013
Med's Done....
08/03/2013
LANDED..........
12/03/2014
Hilo said:
I apply March 14, 2013 my application transferred to Edmonton check the mail check my email every day need some good news in 2014 please nov 18,2013
Thank you for sharing your info, Hilo. I guess you haven't been given an interview date yet, eh?

Mrs_Canuck

Jan 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/04/2013
AOR Received.
16/04/2013
Med's Done....
08/03/2013
LANDED..........
12/03/2014
screech339 said:
It is much more quieter in the 2012 inland thread.
We'll adopt you into this thread, Screech! :)

kevin55

Jan 5, 2014
Hello All

Just received an email from CIC :D

It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent resident
status as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class.

In order to continue processing your application in Canada further information is required. You
must complete/submit the following information to the Case Processing Centre:
[X] As part of this application process, you are required to provide a set of your fingerprints.
Please check the following CIC website for further details:
or contact the Call Centre, toll free, at 1-888-242-2100. Please take this letter to a service provider and
arrange to have your fingerprints taken as soon as possible.

My Questions - Is this AIP
They have two option of fingerprint ( on paper or Electronical) which one should i choose
Having chosen electronic one what should i send as a proof to Case processing centre

Please advice

Thanks a lot, This forum has been of great help.

hockeyfan

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2013
AOR Received.
15-03-2013
Med's Done....
10-01-2013
Passport Req..
Visa Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
31-05-2014
kevin55 said:
Hello All

It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent resident

In order to continue processing your application in Canada further information is required. You
[X] As part of this application process, you are required to provide a set of your fingerprints.
or contact the Call Centre, toll free, at 1-888-242-2100. Please take this letter to a service provider and

They have two option of fingerprint ( on paper or Electronical) which one should i choose
Having chosen electronic one what should i send as a proof to Case processing centre

Please advice

I would recommend using commisionaires it costs $75.00 and they do it all electronically and can finish the process in 72 hours. When I went to the local police station they only could do a paper version and if you go with that, it takes up to 20 weeks or something crazy, just check the RCMP website. Or even call your local police station to see if they do electronic fingerprints.

Best of luck,

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
kevin55 said:
Hello All

Please advice

Yes, that is your AIP. I will defer to others about getting fingerprints done as I did not have to do that portion.

Spikey92

Star Member
Jan 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-05-2013
AOR Received.
15-05-2013
Med's Done....
16-04-2013
LANDED..........
12-03-2014
OMG we are at April 5th Applications :eek: I AM SOO SUPER EXCITED RIGHT NOW ;D
Congrats to everybody that has received AIP /DM !!! :)

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
shawngong said:
Hi Everyone:

I just received my landing interview today. There are a few things I don't understand. You guys have the same landing interview letter as I do?

"
Please note:
 If you are currently employed but were receiving welfare or social services benefits at or since the time that you
submitted your application for permanent residence, please bring proof of employment, proof of income and
termination of benefits with you to the above-noted interview. If you are currently in receipt of welfare or social
services benefits, please bring a written explanation explaining your situation.
 If you believe that you will require the services of an interpreter, you are responsible for hiring/finding an
interpreter and ensuring that they attend the interview with you.
 If you were sponsored, please ensure that your sponsor attends the interview with you, as there may be a
requirement to question them.
"

Thanks guys.
My landing letter looked nothing like this. Each office is different. What is confusing you? Seems pretty straight forward to me.