10-01-2013
Passport Req..
Visa Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
31-05-2014
Maxician said:
:D there you go!!! Congrats hockeyfan!! I'll find myself feeling the same soon! Cheers!
Thanks Maxi!! You're are very soon too, this week or next definitely!!

Jellyfishy

Star Member
Aug 14, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-03-2013
AOR Received.
08-04-2013
Med's Request
15-01-2014
Med's Done....
17-01-2014
Cirene said:
You're welcome. I just can't wait.

Mrs_Canuck Our time is coming. We are so close, I'll give it a couple weeks. I even paid the Right of Permanent Residence Fee on Friday and mail it that day too.
Hopefully I'll get AIP/DM at the same time :D
I've been telling my husband I am sure it'll happen before the month is over. I am so excited but still so nervous for real life to start again.

niks1

Star Member
Jul 26, 2013
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2013
AOR Received.
13-03-2013
LANDED..........
27-03-2014
Friends,

I have a quick question regarding the mail I got from CIC. This is the approval of the OWP. In the second paragraph of the mail snapshot below states that my application will not be complete till the medicals, security and background checks are complete. This is confusing to me as I have already submitted my medicals and background/security check documents with my application.

Is this just a standard mail response or do I need to talk to CIC about this?

Thanks,
niks1

This letter refers to your application for permanent residence under the spouse or common-law
partner in Canada class.
It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent resident
status as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class. However, a final
decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent resident
have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks for you
and, if applicable, all of your family members, both in Canada and abroad, even if they are not
applying to join you in Canada at this time. You cannot become a permanent resident until you
and all your family members have met these requirements.
Your application for a work permit has been approved and your new document(s) will be sent
to you separately. You are authorized to remain in Canada under the conditions listed on the
document(s). Please read them carefully.
You may also apply for a study permit. If applying for a study permit please ensure you include
a letter from the educational institution you plan to attend. The letter should outline the type of
course or program for which you are registered, the start date and the expected completion
date. To obtain the correct forms please visit the Citizenship and Immigration Canada Internet
web site at [http://www.cic.gc.ca] or contact the Immigration Call Centre at the number indicated
below.
Passports for yourself and your family members must be valid for the duration of your stay in
Canada.

hockeyfan

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2013
AOR Received.
15-03-2013
Med's Done....
10-01-2013
Passport Req..
Visa Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
31-05-2014
Jellyfishy said:
I've been telling my husband I am sure it'll happen before the month is over. I am so excited but still so nervous for real life to start again.
April is coming

hockeyfan

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2013
AOR Received.
15-03-2013
Med's Done....
10-01-2013
Passport Req..
Visa Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
31-05-2014
niks1 said:
Friends,

I have a quick question regarding the mail I got from CIC. This is the approval of the OWP. In the second paragraph of the mail snapshot below states that my application will not be complete till the medicals, security and background checks are complete. This is confusing to me as I have already submitted my medicals and background/security check documents with my application.

Is this just a standard mail response or do I need to talk to CIC about this?

Thanks,
niks1

This letter refers to your application for permanent residence under the spouse or common-law
partner in Canada class.
It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent resident
status as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class. However, a final
decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent resident
have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks for you
and, if applicable, all of your family members, both in Canada and abroad, even if they are not
applying to join you in Canada at this time. You cannot become a permanent resident until you
and all your family members have met these requirements.
Your application for a work permit has been approved and your new document(s) will be sent
to you separately. You are authorized to remain in Canada under the conditions listed on the
document(s). Please read them carefully.
You may also apply for a study permit. If applying for a study permit please ensure you include
a letter from the educational institution you plan to attend. The letter should outline the type of
course or program for which you are registered, the start date and the expected completion
date. To obtain the correct forms please visit the Citizenship and Immigration Canada Internet
web site at [http://www.cic.gc.ca] or contact the Immigration Call Centre at the number indicated
below.
Passports for yourself and your family members must be valid for the duration of your stay in
Canada.
Niks,

I am pretty sure that is just the standard email you got. I got the same with my AIP if that's what your talking about. It will tell you exactly what you need if you need anything.

Like for me, it said I needed to get fingerprints done. It looks like you don't need to send anything, all you gotta do is wait!!

All the best,

hockeyfan

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2013
AOR Received.
15-03-2013
Med's Done....
10-01-2013
Passport Req..
Visa Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
31-05-2014
Ponga said:
Are you still:
Checking for CIC emails like a madman
;)
Lol i have slowed down a bit now, fairly relieved, not checking as much ;)

ArtSnow

Star Member
May 2, 2013
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
12-03-2013
Doc's Request.
14-01-2014
AOR Received.
20-03-2013
Med's Request
02-02-2015
Med's Done....
07-01-2013
Interview........
05-06-2015
LANDED..........
02-07-2015
Ok, so I was able to book the fingerprints to Wednesday, new meds for 2nd week of February and the divorce certificates my wife will pick tomorrow at the Queens Bench Courts in Edmonton, because I still had the copy of the bankruptcy certificate I sent them and they lost, I already printed it out again and it's ready to go, I'll be sending everything again Thursday or Friday, I was lucky to have count with this kind of situation and kept all the documents, copies, receipts and phone numbers I was gonna need, lost almost a full day with this though...
Pathetic.

hockeyfan

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2013
AOR Received.
15-03-2013
Med's Done....
10-01-2013
Passport Req..
Visa Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
31-05-2014
ArtSnow said:
Ok, so I was able to book the fingerprints to Wednesday, new meds for 2nd week of February and the divorce certificates my wife will pick tomorrow at the Queens Bench Courts in Edmonton, because I still had the copy of the bankruptcy certificate I sent them and they lost, I already printed it out again and it's ready to go, I'll be sending everything again Thursday or Friday, I was lucky to have count with this kind of situation and kept all the documents, copies, receipts and phone numbers I was gonna need, lost almost a full day with this though...
Pathetic.
You shouldn't have to re-do your medicals unless they have expired. Can't you call into the doctor you had your appointment with and get them to re-send everything as CIC lost your stuff?

Best of luck,

red_gatsby

Star Member
Nov 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-10-2013
AOR Received.
25-10-2013
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Tuesdayc said:
I believe there is a separate form with the AIP for non-citizen to apply for police clearance from Singapore. I do not think I saw anything on them not processing for non-citizens. Anyway, do send it out soon before the Chinese New Year such that it doesnèt get delayed. I also emailed them through the email address they provided on the Singapore Police website, and they replied in like 3 working days. So, just drop them an email if you have any question.

Will update when I get the police clearance certs! *hoping*
"With effect from 18 October 2010, the Singapore Police Force (SPF) will cease to issue Certificate of Clearance (COCs) to Non-Singapore Citizens."
SPF will only issue COC to foreigners if accompanied with an Appeal Form from CIC, I havent got my AIP yet (still longgg way to go :'( )..
Its just annoying cause I have an ALMOST complete application (meds done, full payment made, home country's PCC sent in) except for COC from Singapore and if the stats are true, I wont be able to have AIP, OWP & DM all at once cause I will still need to wait for CIC to send me the Appeal Form, then send it to Singapore to apply for COC and wait for the COC to be mailed to CIC..
For non Singaporeans, SPF send the PCC directly to CIC.. So I wont even know how long its gonna take etc..
And its frustrating knowing that there's nothing I can do but wait..oh well :(

Anyway, do update when you receive yours and good luck for your application!!
Hope you get good news soon!! ;D

red_gatsby

Star Member
Nov 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-10-2013
AOR Received.
25-10-2013
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Mrs_Canuck said:
Well, I'll tell you what... I'm going to go ahead and remain positive anyway, okay? ;)
Thats the way Mrs_Canuck!!
Please dont let any negative aura bring your hopes down!!
Im very sure you'll be getting good news soon!!!
GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D

mrsc08

Star Member
May 26, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-03-2013
Doc's Request.
09-01-2014
AOR Received.
21-03-2013
Med's Request
09-01-2014
Med's Done....
20-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
AIP: 23-03-2014
hockeyfan said:
You shouldn't have to re-do your medicals unless they have expired. Can't you call into the doctor you had your appointment with and get them to re-send everything as CIC lost your stuff?

Best of luck,
She's right! Payment for a medical exam is not a joke! We're talking about hundreds and hundreds of dollars! You shouldn't have to redo it again unless your first one expires. Let me say I'm proud of you to just let go the fact that CIC lost those docs, instead of bickering about it.. You just gathered them all and will resend it. I love your spirit! :) Keep it up cause you serve as an inspiration to others :) the best of luck!

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
hockeyfan said:
He indicated they expired in October 2013. Since the VO doesn't consider them to be the only outstanding thing on the file, an extension hasn't been requested. It must be requested within 15 months of the original examination and it sounds like the file won't be reviewed again until next month at which they will definitely be expired and not extendable.

It's of course frustrating because their inability to find the documents is ultimately the applicant's responsibility. It's sad to permit such sloppiness, but it does happen all too often.

hockeyfan

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2013
AOR Received.
15-03-2013
Med's Done....
10-01-2013
Passport Req..
Visa Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
31-05-2014
mrsc08 said:
She's right! Payment for a medical exam is not a joke! We're talking about hundreds and hundreds of dollars! You shouldn't have to redo it again unless your first one expires. Let me say I'm proud of you to just let go the fact that CIC lost those docs, instead of bickering about it.. You just gathered them all and will resend it. I love your spirit! :) Keep it up cause you serve as an inspiration to others :) the best of luck!
I am a dude if you are referring to me ;) LOL

hockeyfan

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2013
AOR Received.
15-03-2013
Med's Done....
10-01-2013
Passport Req..
Visa Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
31-05-2014
computergeek said:
He indicated they expired in October 2013. Since the VO doesn't consider them to be the only outstanding thing on the file, an extension hasn't been requested. It must be requested within 15 months of the original examination and it sounds like the file won't be reviewed again until next month at which they will definitely be expired and not extendable.

It's of course frustrating because their inability to find the documents is ultimately the applicant's responsibility. It's sad to permit such sloppiness, but it does happen all too often.
Hi Geek,

Ah that makes sense! You do work in computers or just really into them?