Waived
Passport Req..
SA and AIP 27-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 08-01-2015 Landing letter email 12-01-2015
LANDED..........
(On 2nd attempt) 23-01-2015/PRCard received on 09-03-2015
Hey congrats to all those good news receivers! I have a question ,
Should I send FBI fingerprints even if they didn't request them yet ?? I know they will bcuz I lived I lived in the states for more than 20 years . But should I mail them right now to vegreville?? They started working on my app since September 5 , 2013

msbozick

Star Member
Jan 6, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 12, 2014
AOR Received.
August 7, 2014
Med's Request
Sept. 28, 2015
Med's Done....
October 7/8, 2015
Interview........
AIP: Sept. 28, 2015-- interview waived DM: Oct. 16, 2015
LANDED..........
Oct. 28 2015
Tilikun said:
Hey congrats to all those good news receivers! I have a question ,
Should I send FBI fingerprints even if they didn't request them yet ?? I know they will bcuz I lived I lived in the states for more than 20 years . But should I mail them right now to vegreville?? They started working on my app since September 5 , 2013

I don't know the exact answer to your question because I'm no expert, but I'm an American getting ready to send my application. I've been wondering if I needed to send my FBI check with my application or if I could send it afterward. I've been having trouble with getting good fingerprints. Did you include anything in your application stating you'd send it later? I was worried they'd say my application was incomplete!

As for sending your fingerprints, have you sent them to the FBI yet and received your records. If you haven't done that, I'd suggest doing that now because it can take 6 weeks to get it back.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Tomorisu said:
I thought the same thing before. But when my friend talked with CIC call centre, she was told that medical results are valid for 1 year from the date when CPC-V receive. However, what CIC call centre say sometimes is not reliable, though..... :p
Then I'm happy to provide a citation of authority:

6.5. Starting Date for Calculating the 12 Month Validity Period of a Medical Certificate

The medical certificate should be based on the most recent ME done within the previous
12 months. The most recent ME on file will always be the last asssessment that resulted
in a medical profile of admisssibiltiy. Therefore, the starting date for calculationg the 12-
month validity period of a medical certificate is the date of the last medical assessment
on file.
Source: OP 15 "Medical Procedures"

The next section describes the circumstances under which the medical certificate may be extended.

Tilikun

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Veg--CPC-Miss
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2013
AOR Received.
05-09-2013
Med's Done....
13-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
SA and AIP 27-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
msbozick said:
I don't know the exact answer to your question because I'm no expert, but I'm an American getting ready to send my application. I've been wondering if I needed to send my FBI check with my application or if I could send it afterward. I've been having trouble with getting good fingerprints. Did you include anything in your application stating you'd send it later? I was worried they'd say my application was incomplete!

As for sending your fingerprints, have you sent them to the FBI yet and received your records. If you haven't done that, I'd suggest doing that now because it can take 6 weeks to get it back.
We just had our first baby , and that's something they ask to send when it happens ( because it is consider a change of situation for them) .and as I've been reading on this forum I've seen that all people that lived or come from the states are asked for that .so I'm wanting to send the FBI check together with baby pics and birth certificate . I've mailed fingerprints xpresspost today to West Virginia for check

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Tilikun said:
We just had our first baby , and that's something they ask to send when it happens ( because it is consider a change of situation for them) .and as I've been reading on this forum I've seen that all people that lived or come from the states are asked for that .so I'm wanting to send the FBI check together with baby pics and birth certificate . I've mailed fingerprints xpresspost today to West Virginia for check
You do realize that if the baby is a Canadian citizen you don't need to do anything other than update the supplemental family information form, right? They don't need a birth certificate or photographs.

When you get the FBI letter back (end of February or early March probably), you should submit that original letter to CPC-V. Note that it must be received within 3 months of its issue date to be considered valid when received. Once received, it is valid for 12 months.

Tilikun

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Veg--CPC-Miss
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2013
AOR Received.
05-09-2013
Med's Done....
13-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
SA and AIP 27-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
computergeek said:
You do realize that if the baby is a Canadian citizen you don't need to do anything other than update the supplemental family information form, right? They don't need a birth certificate or photographs.

When you get the FBI letter back (end of February or early March probably), you should submit that original letter to CPC-V. Note that it must be received within 3 months of its issue date to be considered valid when received. Once received, it is valid for 12 months.
Hey thanks computergeek! I'll follow your advise , and will start looking to download the supplemental family information form , i didn't know about that , thanks for the info !

rifat

Oct 26, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2012
AOR Received.
06-18-2012
File Transfer...
10-09-2012
Interview........
10-21-2013
LANDED..........
July 23rd 2014 :)
msbozick said:
Hey, all! I was wondering if there were any Americans who have sent their FBI clearances after they sent their application. I was also wondering how you all did your medicals? Did you send them upfront? I think with processing times being what they are, I was considering waiting until stage one was done to complete my medicals. What do you all think?

it's just so great to be in a place where I know people are going through what I'm going through. The help is outstanding and it's comforting to know I'm not alone!
Hi msbozick;

My husband is from the USA. When I sponsored him we did his medicals and police clearance with his initial sponsorship application and Permanent residence application. But because our lawyer misguided us for his police certificate after receiving first stage approval our Immigration officer extended his medicals and we were requested to do his FBI clearance from the states.

we received DM and AIP on Oct 21st 2013 and we received his FBI Certificate from the US on the 30th of December and I submitted it to the CIC on Jan 2nd.

regarding medicals I do know that they are only valid for 1 year and since our first stage came after 20 months the immigration officer who interviewed us just extended my hubbys medical and requested us for FBI Certificate.

It is totally up to you how you want to send it I do know that most ppl send theirs after they receive first stage so again it is up to you. sometimes they do extend it and sometimes the CIC requests for you to redo them again.

rifat

Oct 26, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2012
AOR Received.
06-18-2012
File Transfer...
10-09-2012
Interview........
10-21-2013
LANDED..........
July 23rd 2014 :)
computergeek said:
Normally they would ask for your passport ("passport request" or PPR).

Yes, you would need to update that information with private companies. Governmental agencies will know a connection between your temporary SIN and permanent SIN directly (e.g., CRA).
ComputerGeek;

Passport Request, would you know how long does it take them to request because I called CIC today and they still havent' updated my ecase.?

msbozick

Star Member
Jan 6, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 12, 2014
AOR Received.
August 7, 2014
Med's Request
Sept. 28, 2015
Med's Done....
October 7/8, 2015
Interview........
AIP: Sept. 28, 2015-- interview waived DM: Oct. 16, 2015
LANDED..........
Oct. 28 2015
rifat said:
Hi msbozick;

My husband is from the USA. When I sponsored him we did his medicals and police clearance with his initial sponsorship application and Permanent residence application. But because our lawyer misguided us for his police certificate after receiving first stage approval our Immigration officer extended his medicals and we were requested to do his FBI clearance from the states.

we received DM and AIP on Oct 21st 2013 and we received his FBI Certificate from the US on the 30th of December and I submitted it to the CIC on Jan 2nd.

regarding medicals I do know that they are only valid for 1 year and since our first stage came after 20 months the immigration officer who interviewed us just extended my hubbys medical and requested us for FBI Certificate.

It is totally up to you how you want to send it I do know that most ppl send theirs after they receive first stage so again it is up to you. sometimes they do extend it and sometimes the CIC requests for you to redo them again.
Hey, rifat!

Thanks so much for your response. It's nice to know of other Americans in the process of getting PR. And I'm assuming you're in or around Calgary, like me, too! I think I've decided to wait on my medicals for a few months just to make sure they'll still be valid when the time comes for them to be processed.

I'm having huge problems with getting good fingerprints for the FBI- I have notoriously bad prints that just don't show up very well. I'm hoping they'll be accepted by the FBI but I'm considering sending my app without them initially and including a cover letter stating the problems I've been having and proof that I've sent away for them. I also have an outdated copy of my criminal background that I could send too-- one I had done just before I moved here in 2011. I'd just like to get my application in the queue because I feel like this could be an ordeal if they keep rejecting my prints. Sigh. It's never easy, is it? Everything will be submitted before my potential AIP date, though.

I just hope I'm making the right decisions.

Andym

Jan 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-01-2013
AOR Received.
08-02-2013
DM letter on January 7!!!!

Cirene

Sep 9, 2013
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
Sent with Application // PCC: Sent with Application
salsal31 said:
Just received a call from CIC at 8am this morning, my landing date is the 4th of February yay ??? :D :D :D ;) :-*
That's what I call "a great way to start your day" congratulations! :D

JLynn1987

Star Member
Jul 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-06-2013
AOR Received.
24-06-2013
msbozick said:
Hey, rifat!

Thanks so much for your response. It's nice to know of other Americans in the process of getting PR. And I'm assuming you're in or around Calgary, like me, too! I think I've decided to wait on my medicals for a few months just to make sure they'll still be valid when the time comes for them to be processed.

I'm having huge problems with getting good fingerprints for the FBI- I have notoriously bad prints that just don't show up very well. I'm hoping they'll be accepted by the FBI but I'm considering sending my app without them initially and including a cover letter stating the problems I've been having and proof that I've sent away for them. I also have an outdated copy of my criminal background that I could send too-- one I had done just before I moved here in 2011. I'd just like to get my application in the queue because I feel like this could be an ordeal if they keep rejecting my prints. Sigh. It's never easy, is it? Everything will be submitted before my potential AIP date, though.

I just hope I'm making the right decisions.
Hi msbozick,

I submitted my application in June and did not include my U.S. background or medical, based on the advice of our consultant. I have since decided to submit both before they are requested. I'm hoping if my application is complete, I won't have to wait so long after AIP to receive DM. If I were doing it again now, I would submit all the documents along with the application. I am concerned that my documents won't be matched with my application at his point, which wouldn't have been a concern if I'd submitted them up front. It seems like CIC is speeding up, so hopefully you won't have to worry about anything expiring!