14-04-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
AIP&DM: 30-01-2014
LANDED..........
25-02-2014
Mrs_Canuck said:
Good day, all! The start to a new week! :) Since this is the first full week after all the holidays, hopefully we'll hear good news pouring in! Has anyone heard from Guri lately, haven't seen them around for a little while! :/ Hope everything is okay.

Fingers crossed for an awesome week ahead. :)
Thanks for your concern Mrs_Canuck :) Everything is going great. Still waiting for gcms notes, sent an inquiry but no response yet. I am wondering if the delay has to do anything with us using a representative, but not including their name while requesting the notes; causing a confusion for them.

lauraks

Nov 20, 2013
My partner received DM today via e-mail :D
"We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The Canada Immigration Centre in Vancouver will contact you concerning your permanent resident status."
Now just waiting to be contacted for a landing date. I can't believe this is all going to be over soon.. it doesn't seem real.

missboon

Star Member
Jan 13, 2012
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2013
AOR Received.
20-11-2013
Sent my application in last month and they just sent it back to me. ::) Apparently I need to redo the spouse/common law questionnaire because the one I sent was out dated (really not much difference all they did was add one question at the end about marriage fraud ::) ) And also an update of the information on my Schedule A background...I think they sent that back because instead of putting 'unemployed' for certain periods I put 'not applicable' ??? I'm a little confused though ...I put under 'activity' Unemployed and under 'name of company, employer, school,facility, as applicaple' that's where I put N/A....what am I supposed to write there???

trana

Mar 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-03-2013
AOR Received.
21-03-2013
Med's Done....
Up front
missboon said:
Sent my application in last month and they just sent it back to me. ::) Apparently I need to redo the spouse/common law questionnaire because the one I sent was out dated (really not much difference all they did was add one question at the end about marriage fraud ::) ) And also an update of the information on my Schedule A background...I think they sent that back because instead of putting 'unemployed' for certain periods I put 'not applicable' ??? I'm a little confused though ...I put under 'activity' Unemployed and under 'name of company, employer, school,facility, as applicaple' that's where I put N/A....what am I supposed to write there???
Hi missboon,

I did fill in "Unemployed" under 'activity' and "N/A" under 'name of company, employer, school, facility, ...' and CIC seemed to have no problems with it.

Cirene

Sep 9, 2013
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
Sent with Application // PCC: Sent with Application
lauraks said:
"We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The Canada Immigration Centre in Vancouver will contact you concerning your permanent resident status."
Now just waiting to be contacted for a landing date. I can't believe this is all going to be over soon.. it doesn't seem real.
That's amazing lauraks, congratulations :D Such a great way to start 2014!

Mrs_Canuck

Jan 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/04/2013
AOR Received.
16/04/2013
Med's Done....
08/03/2013
LANDED..........
12/03/2014
missboon said:
When hubby and I filled out the application, CIC asked to list an activity under 'school, company, employer etc' if we listed unemployed. So if you were unemployed what was the reason? To study, to travel? I think they just want to know why you didn't have a source of income during those periods...

missboon

Star Member
Jan 13, 2012
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2013
AOR Received.
20-11-2013
Mrs_Canuck said:
When hubby and I filled out the application, CIC asked to list an activity under 'school, company, employer etc' if we listed unemployed. So if you were unemployed what was the reason? To study, to travel? I think they just want to know why you didn't have a source of income during those periods...
On the paper they sent me it says if you were not working please state unemployed and provide an address .....so I guess I just put the address of where I lived at the time under 'school, company, etc' and under activity put 'unemployed'? they are very confusing because they also state that if i did not belong to any military or organizations to state 'I DID NOT BELONG TO ANY ORGANIZATION OR PERFORM ANY MILITARY SERVICE' ...but that's NOT what it says to write on the damn application itself it says to write NONE which i did! I really hate that they are nitpicking :mad:

guri3577

May 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2013
AOR Received.
30-05-2013
Med's Done....
14-04-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
AIP&DM: 30-01-2014
LANDED..........
25-02-2014
lauraks said:
Congrats lauraks :)

hockeyfan

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2013
AOR Received.
15-03-2013
Med's Done....
10-01-2013
Passport Req..
Visa Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
31-05-2014
missboon said:
On the paper they sent me it says if you were not working please state unemployed and provide an address .....so I guess I just put the address of where I lived at the time under 'school, company, etc' and under activity put 'unemployed'? they are very confusing because they also state that if i did not belong to any military or organizations to state 'I DID NOT BELONG TO ANY ORGANIZATION OR PERFORM ANY MILITARY SERVICE' ...but that's NOT what it says to write on the damn application itself it says to write NONE which i did! I really hate that they are nitpicking :mad:
I hope they didn't send your full application back!!!!! I forgot to fill out that form properly too and they only made me redo the schedule A background form again. If they sent the full application back that means you have to resubmit it and that restarts your application received date :(.

Best of luck,

missboon

Star Member
Jan 13, 2012
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2013
AOR Received.
20-11-2013
hockeyfan said:
I hope they didn't send your full application back!!!!! I forgot to fill out that form properly too and they only made me redo the schedule A background form again. If they sent the full application back that means you have to resubmit it and that restarts your application received date :(.

Best of luck,
They sent the whole thing back minus all my paper clips :'( :( I hope Im filling it out right this time...I don't understand what they are asking because I gave them everything they asked for and everything the application guide said TO. :( So im just writing unemployed under the specific times and then a street address for where i was staying that is what they asked and that's all there is room for to write in the space anyway

hockeyfan

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2013
AOR Received.
15-03-2013
Med's Done....
10-01-2013
Passport Req..
Visa Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
31-05-2014
missboon said:
They sent the whole thing back minus all my paper clips :'( :( I hope Im filling it out right this time...I don't understand what they are asking because I gave them everything they asked for and everything the application guide said TO. :( So im just writing unemployed under the specific times and then a street address for where i was staying that is what they asked and that's all there is room for to write in the space anyway
Brutal :( I am so sorry to hear that missboon!

Good luck and I hope it goes well

beholder69

Oct 9, 2011
Guys, I'd like to avoid creating a new thread just for that but could any November and December applicants that might be viewing this tell me if they've already received AOR and if so, when. Thanks

Tuesdayc

Star Member
Nov 1, 2012
God be with us said:
Hello everyone,

Was wondering if CIC contacts the sponsor's work place anytime during the process to check the eligibility. my husband is willing to change his job but we want to be sure. Do we need to send an update to CIC if there is a this change in job ?

Thanks
I am not sure if they do contact, but I faced the same issue as my husband changed jobs in between. I called into CIC and was told to send in new employment documents. So my husband got a new employment letter from his new workplace with the same specifications as the old letter, and I just sent that in as an update.

I believe it is to the same address as where we sent the rest of the forms to. I just wrote really clearly on the envelope that this is for an update of employment for sponsor.

Hope this helps. ;)

kevin55

Jan 5, 2014
kevin55 said:
Hi All

I am new to this Forum would appreciate your experienced advice on my issues.

1) I have submitted my spousal inland PR application on April 15,2013. Did'nt decided at that time to combine my extension of Open Work Permit application at once. As the timeline for 1st step was 6 months and now it increased to 11 months

2) I have my OWP status till Aug 2014. Still did'n't received any news about my application and it seems reading the posts that it hopefully be in 2 months time.

So, my question is whether to send my extension OWP application now or to wait for 1 step approval. What would be my status and wait period

Thanks

Please update my status

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
missboon said:
Hmmm...does anyone else find this odd?

I was under the impression that we would be waiting a lonnnnng time to even have our inland applications opened, must less `examined' for errors. Since the OP only mailed the application last month, that means that CIC not only received it...and should have issued AOR, but actually started working on the application?!?!

Best of luck with round 2 missboon!