+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2013

CHLOE

Jun 15, 2010
Hello has anyone tried applying for bc MSP with just A.o.r.im on my second trimester .i tried calling them but they kept giving me different awnsers.one said its once a.o.r is received while the other says I have to wait for first stage approval.please let me know if anyone has had msp on just an A.O.R

Thankyou

folks-g

Star Member
Feb 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24/05/2013
Doc's Request.
OWP with app
Nomination.....
AIP/OWP JAN 29 2014
AOR Received.
05/06/2013
IELTS Request
docs requested jan 29
Med's Done....
15/05/2013
hey guys who is in charge of the 2013 timesheet?

Cirene

Sep 9, 2013
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
Sent with Application // PCC: Sent with Application
folks-g said:
Hi there, the person who is in charge is Guri3577.. You can send him a PM with your information.

This is the timesheet

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlF5vPwhP68bdENmTzlDSmpZTy1TRWdwamtLeURmZXc#gid=0

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
OWP: 25-02-14
LANDED..........
23-07-14
folks-g said:
I think Guri is, but I haven't seen him on for a long time! :/

WaitingKiwi

Star Member
Aug 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2013
AOR Received.
03-05-2013
Med's Done....
18-04-2013
computergeek said:
http://www.health.gov.bc.ca/msp/infoben/pdf/covering-a-spouse-or-child-who-is-an-applicant-for-permanent-resident-status-in-canada.pdf

BC grants health care to any spouse/child living with their sponsor in Canada with a PR application in process.
Hey thank you. Yes I actually discovered this earlier today, I feel hopeful. Although I am currently under implied status as my visitor visa ran out 3 months ago - we applied 6 months ago for PR. Given the proof you need - what it says below, I feel I might be able to get health care while under implied status. Hopefully it doesn't take long or isn't a big deal for my partner switching from AB to BC health in Dec. Been trying to call bc health today but cant get though to clarify.

a photocopy of any immigration document he/she may hold
 any relevant letters issued by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC)
 proof that the application fee for permanent resident status has been paid to CIC online or through a financial institution
 the identity page of the spouse/child’s passport and any other pages stamped by CIC or the Canada Border Services Agency
 a copy of the spouse/child’s birth certificate if he/she is a United States citizen.
 pages one and two from the CIC e-Client Applications Status website (www.cic.gc.ca) showing the receipt date of the application. (On that website, click on Check Application Status.)

Jellyfishy

Star Member
Aug 14, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-03-2013
AOR Received.
08-04-2013
Med's Request
15-01-2014
Med's Done....
17-01-2014
Line.a said:
I think Guri is, but I haven't seen him on for a long time! :/
He updated my information just a few weeks ago. Just not posting in the thread! :)

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
23-07-14
Jellyfishy said:
He updated my information just a few weeks ago. Just not posting in the thread! :)
Oh nice! I copied the link so we can find it easily now! :)

folks-g

Star Member
Feb 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24/05/2013
Doc's Request.
OWP with app
Nomination.....
AIP/OWP JAN 29 2014
AOR Received.
05/06/2013
IELTS Request
docs requested jan 29
Med's Done....
15/05/2013
Line.a said:
Oh nice! I copied the link so we can find it easily now! :)
Line.a y don't u take over..lol

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
23-07-14
folks-g said:
Line.a y don't u take over..lol
Well if Guri updates it, it should be all good! I'm terrible at organizing stuff like that :)

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
ACS said:
I wonder what they consider "in process" though?

Is AOR enough? Or is AIP required?
Actually, they will accept a screen shot of e-CAS or even your fee receipt to CIC (last year I got a three month MSP extension just with a fee receipt for my work permit renewal. I never got the work permit renewal because the COPR showed up before CIC got around to processing it.) So AIP is not required.

Jamesdavid3

May 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have a question to you all which I am interested about...

How are you all surviving or planning to survive in Canada until your application has been processed or until you have received your OWP?

I'm guessing for most of you its around 6-10 months of not being allowed to work, so how do you manage to live?

Its clear that your other half is supporting you but how realistic is that?

I understand that some people have just submitted their application and they are about to start a 10 month wait until they can work again, how do they possible do that and just live, not leave the country etc...

mattb123

Sep 24, 2013
Have processing times significantly sped up since the PAFSO strike ended? I know CIC still lists 11 months but are they clearing our their backlog?

Milena

Mar 11, 2013
Mississauga, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Vergeville
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-02-2013
AOR Received.
08-03-2013
Med's Request
Sent with app
Med's Done....
15-02-2013
Interview........
24-02-2014
Jamesdavid3 said:
I have a question to you all which I am interested about...

How are you all surviving or planning to survive in Canada until your application has been processed or until you have received your OWP?

I'm guessing for most of you its around 6-10 months of not being allowed to work, so how do you manage to live?

Its clear that your other half is supporting you but how realistic is that?

I understand that some people have just submitted their application and they are about to start a 10 month wait until they can work again, how do they possible do that and just live, not leave the country etc...
Most of us are applying through family sponsorship program. Meaning someone is sponsoring you to come and live here. If you are already in Canada that automatically means that your sponsor is responsible for you and you are living off of him/her. If I'm not mistaking sufficient funds are one of the mandatory rules for someone to be eligible as a sponsor.
I know it's tough. Never mind the idle period and not knowing what to do with myself, but I have to live off of my boyfriend too. No matter how much we love each other and how well we know one another, when it comes to money theres always that little voice in the back of my head "don't buy that, buy something less expensive, it's not your money". It's silly cus he never ever said anything about money, as a matter of fact I'm the one controlling the budget and paying bills.
The main thing to remember here is - this is temporary, and it will be forgotten oh so soon :)

Jamesdavid3

May 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
But how does you the person being sponsored handle the whole process?

- You cant leave the country

- You could possibly be very tight for the next 10 months with money

It just seems like its the worst process ever, not being able to work and you just have to sit around at home for 10 months??!

missboon

Star Member
Jan 13, 2012
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2013
AOR Received.
20-11-2013
Jamesdavid3 said:
But how does you the person being sponsored handle the whole process?

- You cant leave the country

- You could possibly be very tight for the next 10 months with money

It just seems like its the worst process ever, not being able to work and you just have to sit around at home for 10 months??!
It's definitely hard. A big adjustment. But these are the circumstances we're all in because of whom we married/ fell in love with. It's hard that you can't leave and visit your family and that depending on your spouses income things could* be very tight..however I think the fact that you get to be with the person you love -your wife/husband/common law out weighs ALL that. Never really seeing your significant other for weeks or months is just heartbreaking. You'll struggle but it's survivable. It's not by any means the WORST thing in the world IMO. I almost feel (and this is just how I look at it) the wait for inlanders is almost a test by CIC to see if your sponsor really can support you and it sucks that you can't work or go to school but the upside? You wake up next to the person you love and go to bed with them every night and you get to see them every day! :p That's worth its weight in gold! :D