28-08-2013
AOR Received.
20-09-2013
Med's Done....
01-08-2013
LANDED..........
04-02-2015
Cirene said:
Thank you so much for answering me, I'll ask my husband to call CIC tomorrow and find out about his UCI# :D
Didnt he get one when the aor was sent? Hmm, im confused i thought aors are standard letters. Anyway, whatever works :) :)

Cirene

Sep 9, 2013
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
Sent with Application // PCC: Sent with Application
shyla36 said:
Didnt he get one when the aor was sent? Hmm, im confused i thought aors are standard letters. Anyway, whatever works :) :)
No, we never got an AOR. When I called CIC to find out what happened they told me the meant to send me the AOR but the email was never sent (Internet problems) anyway they confirmed that they started processing my appl on April 16th and that's the date I supposed to get my AOR. That's why my husband doesn't have an UCI.

Oh another question, when I go to check my status in eCAS it says: Application Received (but it says that since April) does your status say the same?

Happywife08

Dec 19, 2012
Category........
shyla36 said:
Hmm in my ecas it says, "we have received your application..." Also says we are reviewing that you have submitted all documents then lastly "we have received your medical, we will notify you you should there be more additional tests to be done." Did you check your (applicant's) ecas and your sponsor's?
Thank you for replying
see mine says:
Sponsorship
We received your application to sponsor xxxxxxx xxxxxx xxxxxx xxxxxx on March 5, 2013.

We started processing your application on March 14, 2013.

Permanent Residence
We received xxxxxxx xxxxxx xxxxxx xxxxxx's application for permanent residence on March 5, 2013.

But I did sent all the documents including medical.
Should I contact my doctor or the call center or what should I do?
I appreciate your help

Happywife08

Dec 19, 2012
Category........
shyla36 said:
Hi cirene. Based kn my ecas, yes. In the aor, he has a uci and file number. When i access his ecas i use his uci and his family name and bday then goes to his ecas where there is a link in me as applicant but i will not see further details about me like address. Then, if i want to access my own, i use file number or application number which starts with F000... And put my name then i see my own ecas where i can see all my details and where i requested for a change in mailing. However, i have not received my own uci number ( i dont know if im supposed to have that and when i should have that, do you have your own uci, i never worked nor studied before in canada so i didnt have uci yet). I hope that works for you too. Yes, my hubby is also canadian citizen by birth so uts his first time to have uci as well. :)
I just check mine just like you said with the F00.... number (it worked thank you for the tip) and same thing it doesn't show my medicals have been received

OMG don't tell me.. Help please

nyquist

Sep 28, 2013
I was wondering how to send additional documents after submitting the application ( ie. medicals, police report etc). Does it go to the same address with the original application? And how do we know if they made their way into our file?

I am planning to get my medicals done prior receiving my first stage approval and would like to send it right away.
Thanks!

charliem

Jul 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2013
Doc's Request.
17-10-2013
AOR Received.
18-10-2013
File Transfer...
March 2014
Med's Request
March 2, 2015. AIP received same day
Med's Done....
March 3, 2015.
Interview........
"Decision made": 1 April 2015
Folks,

What does one do while waiting for initial assessment of sponsor (11 months)?
Even volunteering is not allowed. Phew!

:'(

Happywife08

Dec 19, 2012
Category........
charliem said:
Folks,

My hubby and I build our house LOL

Well after the house it is built I will focus on my fitness again

You could take an online course

Cirene

Sep 9, 2013
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
charliem said:
Folks,

I'm learning French from Youtube and I learned the Canadian National Anthem in French too

I've Volunteered too. It's not illegal or anything, as long as you don't get paid everything is fine.

shyla36

Sep 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2013
AOR Received.
20-09-2013
Med's Done....
01-08-2013
LANDED..........
04-02-2015
Cirene said:
No, we never got an AOR. When I called CIC to find out what happened they told me the meant to send me the AOR but the email was never sent (Internet problems) anyway they confirmed that they started processing my appl on April 16th and that's the date I supposed to get my AOR. That's why my husband doesn't have an UCI.

Oh another question, when I go to check my status in eCAS it says: Application Received (but it says that since April) does your status say the same?
Yes it just says application received for me but my husband's ecas says in process. Yes, because stage 1 processes the sponsor first.

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
OWP: 25-02-14
LANDED..........
23-07-14
charliem said:
Folks,

You'll find a way to deal with it trust me. I'm 8 months into being off work and it's gone by fairly quick in my opinion. Stay healthy, exercise, YouTube random stuff, read numerous books, learn something new - be optimistic. The more negative one is the worse it gets..

shyla36

Sep 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2013
AOR Received.
20-09-2013
Med's Done....
01-08-2013
LANDED..........
04-02-2015
Happywife08 said:
Thank you for replying
see mine says:
Sponsorship
We received your application to sponsor xxxxxxx xxxxxx xxxxxx xxxxxx on March 5, 2013.

We started processing your application on March 14, 2013.

Permanent Residence
We received xxxxxxx xxxxxx xxxxxx xxxxxx's application for permanent residence on March 5, 2013.

But I did sent all the documents including medical.
Should I contact my doctor or the call center or what should I do?
I appreciate your help
Oh ok. It doesnt hurt to verify if they have received the medical results already. I wonder if they were supposed to write that medical results were received already, maybe the officer was just having a good day to have that included. Am not sure, do other people have that (saying medical results received?) in their ecas as well?

shyla36

Sep 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2013
AOR Received.
20-09-2013
Med's Done....
01-08-2013
LANDED..........
04-02-2015
nyquist said:
I was wondering how to send additional documents after submitting the application ( ie. medicals, police report etc). Does it go to the same address with the original application? And how do we know if they made their way into our file?

I am planning to get my medicals done prior receiving my first stage approval and would like to send it right away.
Thanks!
I sent my marriage contract separately as i just sent record of solemnization on my initial app. So as stated in the aor, write the application number and uci, sponsor name bday, applicants name bday when sending correspondence. Then i attached a letter asking them to include it in my file with those details. Well, i dont know if it reached them but at least thats the best way to do it.

Cirene

Sep 9, 2013
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
shyla36 said:
Yes it just says application received for me but my husband's ecas says in process. Yes, because stage 1 processes the sponsor first.
Thank you so much for letting me know Shyla :D I really appreciate it.

Happywife08

Dec 19, 2012
Category........
shyla36 said:
Oh ok. It doesnt hurt to verify if they have received the medical results already. I wonder if they were supposed to write that medical results were received already, maybe the officer was just having a good day to have that included. Am not sure, do other people have that (saying medical results received?) in their ecas as well?
We'll see what people says.
Maybe I will try to call just in case. though I've never been able to get through

Milena

Mar 11, 2013
Mississauga, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Vergeville
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-02-2013
AOR Received.
08-03-2013
Med's Request
Sent with app
Med's Done....
15-02-2013
Interview........
24-02-2014
charliem said:
Folks,

You are allowed to go to school for up to 6 months. I'm a chemist and I am currently taking a course in GMP/GLP @ University of Toronto. Find something that will help you when you start looking for a job. Learn French, lot's of libraries have free workshops. I took cake decorating classes too. I learned to knit and crochet (I'm making baby blankets and stuff for my baby that I'm planning to have maybe in two years :) ). Get into fitness, hard. Or explore new lifestyles like raw vegan or do some cooking classes.
There are tons of options, these are some of the things I tried. Trust me, an idle brain is the devil's workshop. Keep yourself busy and you'll see - time flies. Good luck.