06-Mar-2013
File Transfer...
07-Mar-2013 <br><i>- to Vancouver CIC (BRO)</i>
Med's Request
16-May-2013<br><i>- sent with original application</i>
Med's Done....
11-Jan-2013
Interview........
29-Apr-2013 (at Local CIC) <br><i> - AIP verbally approved at interview !! </i><br>AIP & OWP Rec'd: 10-May-2013<br>RCMP Check Req'd: 02-Aug-2013 <br><i>- sent 14-Aug-2013</i><br>DM: Rec'd letter 24-Oct-2013 <br><i>- letter dated 21-Oct-2012</i><br>Landing Interview/PR Rec'd: 12-Nov-2013<br>Rec'd PR card in mail: 18-01-2012
b100wlm said:
Hi all, sent my inland application this April (and my working visa has expired before I sent the inland application, so I have no status here in Canada)....now waiting patiently (it is quite a disappointment when I saw the processing time change from 6 months to 10 months.)

I wonder since I cannot leave the country, can I fly or travel to other province of Canada to visit friends? Will I get caught by the airline or in the airport?

Thanks a lot

I wouldn't risk it. My husband was out of status when we sent it our application as well. If you have made no attempt to renew your visa within 90 days of it's expiration, a Canada-wide immigration warrant for your arrest is automatically issued. They generally don't come looking for you as it wastes a lot of manpower etc.. but I would think it's highly likely that you would get caught if you showed up at an airport because you would need to show ID -- and that could make your application a lot more complicated.

My suggestion to you if you want to visit friends in other provinces is, (if possible)... to drive..... Canada is a beautiful country from coast to coast, you've got the time on your hands now while you are waiting and not able to work. And, if you and your spouse have the funds it would be an amazing trip!

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
OWP: 25-02-14
LANDED..........
23-07-14
dawlex said:
I wouldn't risk it. My husband was out of status when we sent it our application as well. If you have made no attempt to renew your visa within 90 days of it's expiration, a Canada-wide immigration warrant for your arrest is automatically issued. They generally don't come looking for you as it wastes a lot of manpower etc.. but I would think it's highly likely that you would get caught if you showed up at an airport because you would need to show ID -- and that could make your application a lot more complicated.

My suggestion to you if you want to visit friends in other provinces is, (if possible)... to drive..... Canada is a beautiful country from coast to coast, you've got the time on your hands now while you are waiting and not able to work. And, if you and your spouse have the funds it would be an amazing trip!
I am really not sure whether I'm out of status and in need to restore my stay as a visitor. My work visa expired JUST a couple days before Vegreville received our application with OWP. We did however change conditions of my expired work visa to visitor status which we received a confirmation on the very day before the work visa expired. But for some dumb reason that extension ran out August 9th this year. So with the pending OWP they received after my work permit ran out and technically being on implied status would mean I'd have to restore my stay or not? I do not wanna jeopardize my application in case I need to.

dawlex

Star Member
Aug 15, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-Feb-2013
AOR Received.
06-Mar-2013
File Transfer...
07-Mar-2013 <br><i>- to Vancouver CIC (BRO)</i>
Med's Request
16-May-2013<br><i>- sent with original application</i>
Med's Done....
11-Jan-2013
Interview........
29-Apr-2013 (at Local CIC) <br><i> - AIP verbally approved at interview !! </i><br>AIP & OWP Rec'd: 10-May-2013<br>RCMP Check Req'd: 02-Aug-2013 <br><i>- sent 14-Aug-2013</i><br>DM: Rec'd letter 24-Oct-2013 <br><i>- letter dated 21-Oct-2012</i><br>Landing Interview/PR Rec'd: 12-Nov-2013<br>Rec'd PR card in mail: 18-01-2012
Line.a said:
I am really not sure whether I'm out of status and in need to restore my stay as a visitor. My work visa expired JUST a couple days before Vegreville received our application with OWP. We did however change conditions of my expired work visa to visitor status which we received a confirmation on the very day before the work visa expired. But for some dumb reason that extension ran out August 9th this year. So with the pending OWP they received after my work permit ran out and technically being on implied status would mean I'd have to restore my stay or not? I do not wanna jeopardize my application in case I need to.
No, I don't think you have to worry about restoring your stay. You sent your application in with an OWP while your visitor visa was still valid so you have implied status. Once you receive AIP, and in turn your OWP gets approved, you'll be back in status with the work permit.

jayshe25

Star Member
Sep 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville,AB Transfer to Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2013
AOR Received.
30-08-2013
File Transfer...
01-03-2014
Med's Request
24-10-2014
Med's Done....
28-10-2014
Interview........
March 16, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
March 16, 2015
LANDED..........
March 16, 2015
Hello everyone, I am new to this thread and I have some questions. My girlfriend is originally a Caregiver here in Canada, she finished her 24 months but since her employer is not treating her well, i told her that I will marry her and leave her Job, I am a Filipino a I am already 6 years Canadian Citizen here in Canada.

Now we are officially married and i am proud to say that she is my spouse already, I told her not to apply her Live in Caregiver Application because I will just sponsor her as my spouse.. Since I am a Canadian citizen, living in Montreal Canada and a Quebec Residence.

We send our application PR Application together with her open work permit application and of course the fee (owp fee, pr application fee and the right of permanent residence fee they said to avoid delay) we paid like almost a thousand bucks to Vegreville, AB last August 6 2013, we received 2 emails, first on August 31 saying that they already received my application and last email that we received was sept 5, 2013, because i am a quebec residence they ask me to file an Undertaking Application and CSQ for my wife in MICC..

How long it will take the CSQ if my wife lives in Canada with me? We submitted her application last sept 10, 2013

Is the email we received is the AOR also i dont know what AOR means just read it here sorry hehe :)

My wife is now studying french under the live in caregiver program but the thing is she is not working now because she is only holding a work permit, she already applied for an open work permit together with the PR we submitted but havent received her opw yet, how long she will received her OWP she wants to have a job already and she can't wait for it... Her work permit will expires next year so she still have a status here in canada.

Hope I can here from you guys thank you so much

RJ

jayshe25

Star Member
Sep 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville,AB Transfer to Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2013
AOR Received.
30-08-2013
File Transfer...
01-03-2014
Med's Request
24-10-2014
Med's Done....
28-10-2014
Interview........
March 16, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
March 16, 2015
LANDED..........
March 16, 2015
Hello everyone, I am new to this thread and I have some questions. My girlfriend is originally a Caregiver here in Canada, she finished her 24 months but since her employer is not treating her well, i told her that I will marry her and leave her Job, I am a Filipino a I am already 6 years Canadian Citizen here in Canada.

Now we are officially married and i am proud to say that she is my spouse already, I told her not to apply her Live in Caregiver Application because I will just sponsor her as my spouse.. Since I am a Canadian citizen, living in Montreal Canada and a Quebec Residence.

We send our application PR Application together with her open work permit application and of course the fee (owp fee, pr application fee and the right of permanent residence fee they said to avoid delay) we paid like almost a thousand bucks to Vegreville, AB last August 6 2013, we received 2 emails, first on August 31 saying that they already received my application and last email that we received was sept 5, 2013, because i am a quebec residence they ask me to file an Undertaking Application and CSQ for my wife in MICC..

How long it will take the CSQ if my wife lives in Canada with me? We submitted her application last sept 10, 2013

Is the email we received is the AOR also i dont know what AOR means just read it here sorry hehe Smiley

My wife is now studying french under the live in caregiver program but the thing is she is not working now because she is only holding a work permit, she already applied for an open work permit together with the PR we submitted but havent received her opw yet, how long she will received her OWP she wants to have a job already and she can't wait for it... Her work permit will expires next year so she still have a status here in canada.

Hope I can here from you guys thank you so much

RJ

And by the way if my wife received her owp can she go on US while her PR is still in process or no? she will apply for a us visa Smiley
is the process long? is the processing times accurate?

QuebecOkie

Champion Member
Sep 23, 2012
Very French Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
The first email you received was AOR (acknowledgement of receipt). The CSQ comes pretty quickly from MICC, in about 4 weeks. Since she submitted them at the same time, I believe that your wife will receive her OWP when she receives AIP (approval in principle, stage one approval), which is currently taking around 10 months, so hopefully by June 2014.

Since it sounds like your wife applied inland, she is not supposed to leave Canada for the duration of the process. However, if she still has status under the live-in caretaker program, if she is able to get a U.S. visa, then she's probably not at great risk of being denied re-entry to Canada.

As for processing times being accurate...who knows. Times vary wildly. CIC is very inconsistent. The times they provide are the time in which 80% of applications have been processed (so, 80% of applications receive stage one in 10 months or less, which means 20% take longer; for 80% of apps, stage two takes 8 months or less, so for 20% it takes longer).

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (now sent to CPC-M)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
SA 06-11-2014/AIP 17-11-2014
AOR Received.
26-09-2013 (didn't get email-called CIC)
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
Lorelei said:
I think that my husband got an AOR :D

I opened his email and found email from CIC it goes like this This confirms that your application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2013/08/21 on behalf of the following member(s): and there is his UCI number and app number.
Congrats on your AOR.

Should I be concerned that my App was rec'd at CIC on Aug.14th (and Lorelei's on Aug. 19th) and I still haven't rec'd my AOR?? :(

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
For those who were missing a form/signature and had to have your application returned.....Do they send you anything prior to returning it? Like an email letting you know it's coming back?

I'm wondering if I didn't recieve AOR yet because I'm missing something in my Application?!? :( :eek:

And like I mentioned I know our case may take longer than usual as there are a few potential issues with it, however that shouldn't affect the time it takes to get AOR, correct? Because the AOR isn't anything beyond confirming you have correctly sent everything that is required for processing, right??

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
23-07-14
QuebecOkie said:
The first email you received was AOR (acknowledgement of receipt). The CSQ comes pretty quickly from MICC, in about 4 weeks. Since she submitted them at the same time, I believe that your wife will receive her OWP when she receives AIP (approval in principle, stage one approval), which is currently taking around 10 months, so hopefully by June 2014.

Since it sounds like your wife applied inland, she is not supposed to leave Canada for the duration of the process. However, if she still has status under the live-in caretaker program, if she is able to get a U.S. visa, then she's probably not at great risk of being denied re-entry to Canada.

As for processing times being accurate...who knows. Times vary wildly. CIC is very inconsistent. The times they provide are the time in which 80% of applications have been processed (so, 80% of applications receive stage one in 10 months or less, which means 20% take longer; for 80% of apps, stage two takes 8 months or less, so for 20% it takes longer).
CSQ? We haven't heard the slightest squeak from them since AOR :eek:

Cirene

Sep 9, 2013
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
Sent with Application // PCC: Sent with Application
ACS said:
For those who were missing a form/signature and had to have your application returned.....Do they send you anything prior to returning it? Like an email letting you know it's coming back?

I'm wondering if I didn't recieve AOR yet because I'm missing something in my Application?!? :( :eek:

And like I mentioned I know our case may take longer than usual as there are a few potential issues with it, however that shouldn't affect the time it takes to get AOR, correct? Because the AOR isn't anything beyond confirming you have correctly sent everything that is required for processing, right??
Hi there, something similar happened to me. I sent my application in March but never got an AOR; so yesterday I was asking if anybody knew something about it and today I called CIC and they told me they got my application on April 2nd, everything was fine even tho I DIDN'T GET AN AOR... maybe they "forgot" to send it or God knows what happened...

You should try to call them or even go to the CIC page and "Check Application Status" use your UCI and see if they got it! Hope it works!

Tomorisu

Apr 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-Dec-'12
AOR Received.
21-Jan-'13
Med's Done....
02-Nov-'12
LANDED..........
28-Nov-'13
Line.a said:
CSQ? We haven't heard the slightest squeak from them since AOR :eek:
As I posted at 'Inland Applications 2012', applicants living in Quebec are asked to get CSQ. People who live in other province only receive AOR, and after that they wait, wait, wait, wait..... then CIC will send them AIP. Usually, people don't hear anything between AOR and AIP.

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
23-07-14
Tomorisu said:
As I posted at 'Inland Applications 2012', applicants living in Quebec are asked to get CSQ. People who live in other province only receive AOR, and after that they wait, wait, wait, wait..... then CIC will send them AIP. Usually, people don't hear anything between AOR and AIP.
Thank you once again.. That's good to know. I'm assuming you haven't heard anything either? I can't wait to start working again..

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
Cirene said:
Hi there, something similar happened to me. I sent my application in March but never got an AOR; so yesterday I was asking if anybody knew something about it and today I called CIC and they told me they got my application on April 2nd, everything was fine even tho I DIDN'T GET AN AOR... maybe they "forgot" to send it or God knows what happened...

You should try to call them or even go to the CIC page and "Check Application Status" use your UCI and see if they got it! Hope it works!
What exactly is a UCI? I don't think I have one? I thought you get this UCI along with your AOR??

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
23-07-14
ACS said:
What exactly is a UCI? I don't think I have one? I thought you get this UCI along with your AOR??
The UCI is the number you and your husband gets each. I forgot what it stands for though. Unique identify number something :)

Tomorisu

Apr 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-Dec-'12
AOR Received.
21-Jan-'13
Med's Done....
02-Nov-'12
LANDED..........
28-Nov-'13
Line.a said:
Thank you once again.. That's good to know. I'm assuming you haven't heard anything either? I can't wait to start working again..
After I received CSQ? Nothing! I hope I get a good news within a couple of months. :D