Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
OWP: 25-02-14
LANDED..........
23-07-14
CANUSA31 said:
aaahhhhhhahahaha. wtf are u actually serious. I think I'd rather the date go backwards 4 days than move ahead 4 days. That is so small it's not even funny.
Haha I was thinking the same. I hope they change it sooner this time :)

ortom

Feb 19, 2013
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Vegreville /CPC - Missisauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-07-2013
File Transfer...
03-03-2014 to CPC-M
Med's Done....
06-06-2013
Hello,
Every pgwp, work permit and study permit states DOES NOT AUTHORIZE RE-ENTRY, which means on top of that you NEED a visitor visa to re-enter (do you have one?), I learned this the hard way 4 years ago along with a few other friends while leaving for Canada after the first visa expired.
Since you're saying that u have travelled before I am assuming you are referring to the actual visa on the passport rather than the pgwp itself, so I would say it is VERY risky if you're traveling with only a pgwp and without a visa.
You only have AOR, so you could still encounter problems trying to get back to Canada. Everyone in this forum will advise you to not leave the country, bcs it is risky. However, somewhere I read that it shouldn't be a problem if you're entering from USA by land (i.e buffalo border), you need to double check on that (i believe it was on the cic website).
An irrelevant question, i'm assuming u have a usa visa? How long is the processing time for that? We wanna go to Hawaii but the us visa combined with the application in process is making it hard.
over_jj said:
@ ortom

Hi ortom,

I have a post graduate work permit too expiring Nov 2013. On the bottom of my permit, it says "This does not authorize re-entry."
Is yours like this too? I've been travelling in and out of Canada with this visa, and they never questioned me on this (before sending Inland PR Application).

I've submitted my application Nov 2012 and received AOR December 2012. Do you think it is risky if I want to go to Vegas for 4 days considering my current work permit expires Nov 2013??

ortom

Feb 19, 2013
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-07-2013
File Transfer...
03-03-2014 to CPC-M
Med's Done....
06-06-2013
Question for mailing the application.
This forum can be very helpful, but at the same time it can play a lot of tricks with one's mind. We sent our application last week inland to vegreville, in a another thread someone said that it should be mailed to missisauga for sponsor approval. Is this true??? Im gonna lose my head here, the more I read the more confused I get :(
Another question about the sponsorship and undertaking form, the residency declaration, where it asks "are you a canadian citizen living exclusively outside Canada?" we clicked no, my husband is born here and has lived here all his life? Should we just have left it empty (since it says on the guide that its only for people who leave outside canada).

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
23-07-14
ortom said:
This forum can be very helpful, but at the same time it can play a lot of tricks with one's mind. We sent our application last week inland to vegreville, in a another thread someone said that it should be mailed to missisauga for sponsor approval. Is this true??? Im gonna lose my head here, the more I read the more confused I get :(
Another question about the sponsorship and undertaking form, the residency declaration, where it asks "are you a canadian citizen living exclusively outside Canada?" we clicked no, my husband is born here and has lived here all his life? Should we just have left it empty (since it says on the guide that its only for people who leave outside canada).
No it's Vegreville :)

Sounds like you got it right. I hear ya, without this board we definitely didn't make it at all I was so lost in all this felt as if I could swim in paperwork lol.

over_jj

Jul 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (sent from Calgary)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec-03-2012
AOR Received.
Jan-17-2013
Med's Done....
Sep-10-2012
ortom said:
Hello,
Every pgwp, work permit and study permit states DOES NOT AUTHORIZE RE-ENTRY, which means on top of that you NEED a visitor visa to re-enter (do you have one?), I learned this the hard way 4 years ago along with a few other friends while leaving for Canada after the first visa expired.
Since you're saying that u have travelled before I am assuming you are referring to the actual visa on the passport rather than the pgwp itself, so I would say it is VERY risky if you're traveling with only a pgwp and without a visa.
You only have AOR, so you could still encounter problems trying to get back to Canada. Everyone in this forum will advise you to not leave the country, bcs it is risky. However, somewhere I read that it shouldn't be a problem if you're entering from USA by land (i.e buffalo border), you need to double check on that (i believe it was on the cic website).
An irrelevant question, i'm assuming u have a usa visa? How long is the processing time for that? We wanna go to Hawaii but the us visa combined with the application in process is making it hard.
Hi ortom,

I guess the reason why I was able to travel with PGWP was I'm from visitor visa exempt country. (South Korea)
I have US visa before I came to Canada received in Korea, and it was back in 2006.
I'm not sure how you can get US visa in Canada.

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
23-07-14
Like an ESTA visa?

ortom

Feb 19, 2013
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-07-2013
File Transfer...
03-03-2014 to CPC-M
Med's Done....
06-06-2013
Ok makes sense, i figured you'd be visa exempt after posting.
You should still check what I said about entering through the US land border, I think it's not a problem that way. Also it says that re-entry is not guaranteed especially for ppl who are not visa exempt.

over_jj said:
Hi ortom,

I guess the reason why I was able to travel with PGWP was I'm from visitor visa exempt country. (South Korea)
I have US visa before I came to Canada received in Korea, and it was back in 2006.

God be with us

May 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC- Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-07-2013
AOR Received.
14-08-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with application
Interview........
Thankfully not reqrd
VISA ISSUED...
13-6-2014
LANDED..........
24-6-2014
ortom said:
Hi Ortem!!

It's Vegreville......I have checked this with CIC more than thrice ........and each time I got the same answer. I guess(m not too sure)....an Outland application is sent to Mississauga.

Take care

Milena

Mar 11, 2013
Mississauga, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Vergeville
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-02-2013
AOR Received.
08-03-2013
Med's Request
Sent with app
Med's Done....
15-02-2013
Interview........
24-02-2014
Hallelujah!!!!! We moved from October 8th - to October 12th.

If they were moving any slower I think the next update will say they work on applications from September 2012. Chisus H.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
over_jj said:
You apply through the US Embassy (Ottawa) or Consulate (Calgary, Halifax, Montreal, Ottawa, Quebec City, Toronto, Vancouver, or Winnipeg) nearest you. I have a friend (from China) who obtained his US visa (multi-entry) through the Vancouver Consulate.

applied4PR

Star Member
Jul 28, 2013
minime# said:
applied4PR said:
I mean can you check the status of your application online now???
[/quote

Yes they received my application in march got my AOR and my ecas says application in process
My ECAS still says we cant identify you !......After receiving my appication in Feb. They didnt bother to send me any AOR and that I had to call them to get the UCI on the phone. I punched in that UCI as well as the application file #. Either way I am still not in the system I find this very weired!

ortom

Feb 19, 2013
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-07-2013
File Transfer...
03-03-2014 to CPC-M
Med's Done....
06-06-2013
Do you know how long it takes computergeek? I haven't been able to find anything on that
computergeek said:
You apply through the US Embassy (Ottawa) or Consulate (Calgary, Halifax, Montreal, Ottawa, Quebec City, Toronto, Vancouver, or Winnipeg) nearest you. I have a friend (from China) who obtained his US visa (multi-entry) through the Vancouver Consulate.

guri3577

May 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2013
AOR Received.
30-05-2013
Med's Done....
14-04-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
AIP&DM: 30-01-2014
LANDED..........
25-02-2014
Hey Ortom
I applied mine at Vancouver Consulate. All you have to do is book an appointment date for an interview and you are good to go. You get decision right on the spot. In my experience the interview went fairly quickly the officer asked why i wanted to go there. What do i do here in Canada. Which places will i see in Seattle( I mentioned i wanted to go for a day trip to Seattle). That was it. 10 year multiple entry visa ;D
Just be confident and prepare for the questions and you will get it.
P.S. Make sure to take your status document, your school letter if you still enrolled or latest pay stubs, employment letter all these things as they might ask for them.

ortom

Feb 19, 2013
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-07-2013
File Transfer...
03-03-2014 to CPC-M
Med's Done....
06-06-2013
Thanks for the info,
that seems pretty straight forward.

Back to the original topic, is there a spreadsheet for this thread?

guri3577 said:
Hey Ortom
I applied mine at Vancouver Consulate. All you have to do is book an appointment date for an interview and you are good to go. You get decision right on the spot. In my experience the interview went fairly quickly the officer asked why i wanted to go there. What do i do here in Canada. Which places will i see in Seattle( I mentioned i wanted to go for a day trip to Seattle). That was it. 10 year multiple entry visa ;D
Just be confident and prepare for the questions and you will get it.
P.S. Make sure to take your status document, your school letter if you still enrolled or latest pay stubs, employment letter all these things as they might ask for them.