Mar 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
UKZippy said:
Help needed....

I've just been on the CIC website to renew my visitor record. They've changed it all again grrrrrr.

I was not allowed to just apply for an extension, instead it sent me through a whole list of questions, at the end it said I was eligable to apply to stay by applying for family sponsorship!!!! DERRRRRRR DOH! Already in process grrrr.

So do I need to extand my visitor record or am I on applied status as I've applied for PR?????
If you sent an open work permit together with your sponsorship application then you don't have to extend your visitor visa as you are on implied status.

Serenity482

Star Member
Sep 12, 2012
Magog, Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2012
AOR Received.
10-12-2012
LANDED..........
i had my Landing Interview today.
Everything went great. took me 30 minutes!
And i could also get my new social insurance number!

filipina311

Apr 3, 2013
hi i need help!

i will file my inland application next week, my husband is sponsoring me. please advise me how to file my extension of tourist visa for my stay. Do i file it together with my inland pr papaers? or separately? I am confused. I am also 4 months pregnant and would like to know early on if i will get my visa extension. Kindly advise me pls. needs help...

minime#

Aug 3, 2012
[quote autseperna311 link=topic=129064.msg2371468#msg2371468 date=1372296501]
hi i need help!

i will file my inland application next week, my husband is sponsoring me. please advise me how to file my extension of tourist visa for my stay. Do i file it together with my inland pr papaers? or separately? I am confused. I am also 4 months pregnant and would like to know early on if i will get my visa extension. Kindly advise me pls. needs help...

File them separately..... That what I did just show them proof that u paid the fees for your application. As for getting your extension it depends if you send it off the same time as your PR application then they have to extend your stay......I was in your exact situation but I was 8 months preggo ;D goodluck!

filipina311

Apr 3, 2013
Hi im planning to file my pr together with the extension of stay. Is it ok to file my extension of stay together with my pr application, and earlier than 30 days before the expiry of my visa? Thank you.

Im confused.

filipina311

Apr 3, 2013
By the time my visa expires i will be 8 months pregnant. By the way, if i file my pr application next week, may i file my trv extension online? Then i will just state in my application for extension that i do have a pending pr application within canada. Thanks so much. I really wish to stay longer so i can have the baby here.

minime#

Aug 3, 2012
I think u can file your trv online not sure if you can file your PR and trv together in one application maybe another member on d forum can help u......
But I would wait a lil longer before I did the trv since its a long the before it expires.....why do u want to aend it in so early tho

Milena

Mar 11, 2013
Mississauga, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Vergeville
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-02-2013
AOR Received.
08-03-2013
Med's Request
Sent with app
Med's Done....
15-02-2013
Interview........
24-02-2014
DorothyGale said:
The CIC website just says that our application was received on April 10th, 2013. Is it supposed to say "In Process" by now?

I wonder if we sent the right fees, $150 + $550?
When we sent our application I think we paid $1,040.00 for sponsorship + $150 for my work permit.

Sponsorship application - $75
Principal applicant - $475
Right of Permanent Residence Fee - $490
Work Permit - $150

Maybe you can pay for permanent residence after you get sponsorship approval. I'm not sure, but don't worry, if you didn't pay enough they will contact you ASAP. That's one thing they are fast at.

Deedeedar

Star Member
Jul 26, 2012
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Med's Request
28-10-2013
Med's Done....
04-05-2012
LANDED..........
30-04-2014
Serenity482 said:
i had my Landing Interview today.
Everything went great. took me 30 minutes!
And i could also get my new social insurance number!
Congrats Serenity482!!!

joeb123

Jun 21, 2010
I saw your PM, cannot send PMs yet, so I just reply here.
Apply for an open work permit/TRV with the application, it should be in the same envelope as the Sponsorship/PR application.
Your TRV application will get processed after the first stage (that your sponsor can sponsor you) is approved, takes about 8 months for that. However, you are allowed to live in Canada until a decision on that TRV is made. So Apply ASAP and Goodluck :)

You must keep in mind that inland application take very long to process (2~3 years) during that time it is not advisable to leave Canada.

Your partner needs to fill out all the forms for sponsorship, he also needs to be able to financially support you.
Make sure he/she fills in all the forms, declarations etc.

jenny12345

Mar 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
filipina311 said:
hi i need help!

Send an open work permit application (150$) processing fee TOGETHER with the sponsorship application and make sure everything is complete and signed, you will be on implied status and you don't have to extend your visitor visa. You will get your open work permit as soon as you get sponsor approval (AIP) . Or if you prefer to remain on visitors visa just send a separate application and put there you have an inland sponsorship in process.

MaxLet

May 28, 2013
Prevost, Qc
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (Now Montreal)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2013
Doc's Request.
CIC ask for MICC: 14-03-13
Nomination.....
CSQ: 09-05-2013
AOR Received.
14-03-2013
Med's Request
07-01-14
Med's Done....
09-01-14
Interview........
WAIVED!+AIP 07-01-14
Passport Req..
DM: 28-02-14
LANDED..........
15-05-2014
MaxLet said:
Hello everyone! Can someone confirm me the following:
1. Once you get AIP, its almost certain that u'll NOT have an interview
2. Once you get AIP, you can start working (or u can apply for an OWP, how long would it take?)
3. Once u get AIP, the hardest part is over, medical and criminals and u'll get PR
4. Is not usual that people that got AIP and waived interview, get rejected at last stage.
5. Thanks to the new law (conditionnal PR), visa officers are less strict than what they use to be.

All of these ideas I've picked them up reading different threats on this forum,
In my case, im applying inland, AOR mars 4, 2013, CsQ (quebec) may 9, 2013. Now waiting for AIP if the strike would let me! My husband is a canadian citizen, 4 years together, 2 years married.

Thanks and good luck to everyone! God bless

jamespianoo

Jan 10, 2013
Hi guys! Submitted my Inland application with OWP 2 days ago! Should arrive in Vegreville today.

Now the tedious wait! Is there a list I can be added to to keep track of my application?

James

JamesC85

Apr 19, 2013
LaylaLala said:
Hi! Here's what CIC has to say about implied status:

"If your visitor visa expires after you have submitted your application for an extension of your authorization to remain in Canada, you will be considered in status as a temporary resident (visitor) until a decision is made on the application. This is known as implied status."
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/extend-stay.asp

I do not believe they will send you an e-mail though. Keep in mind that it says " after you have submitted your application for an extension of your authorization to remain in Canada" which is the one we send for an OWP. So, I assume that all of those who sent an OWP a pplication will be considered an "implied visitor". Hope this helps. ;D
Hey there thanks for the info.

The only difference is that an IEC visa is not a visitor visa, as in it allows me to work as well. I think it is probably classed as a Working Holiday Visa or something of the sort.

Unfortunately the IEC visa is non-extendible (as the official website says) and therefore despite being on Implied Status, I will be an Implied Visitor, as you say.

So Boo to everything, I wish I could keep working :( But thanks. :)

Mrs_Canuck

Jan 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/04/2013
AOR Received.
16/04/2013
Med's Done....
08/03/2013
LANDED..........
12/03/2014
Happy Friday and Canada Day weekend everyone! Hopefully we can kick back and stop stressing for a bit! Haha. Wishing everyone a safe and happy long weekend! :)