+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2013

Olah-lah

Mar 14, 2013
figtoria said:
Their website states that 90% of cases are resolved within 8 months after AIP.

So you have a few months before panicking.

:)
Thank you! :) Do you know what should I expect next (considering that my background and security checks are fine)? Just a landed interview and then PR card?

dawlex

Star Member
Aug 15, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-Feb-2013
AOR Received.
06-Mar-2013
File Transfer...
07-Mar-2013 <br><i>- to Vancouver CIC (BRO)</i>
Med's Request
16-May-2013<br><i>- sent with original application</i>
Med's Done....
11-Jan-2013
Interview........
29-Apr-2013 (at Local CIC) <br><i> - AIP verbally approved at interview !! </i><br>AIP & OWP Rec'd: 10-May-2013<br>RCMP Check Req'd: 02-Aug-2013 <br><i>- sent 14-Aug-2013</i><br>DM: Rec'd letter 24-Oct-2013 <br><i>- letter dated 21-Oct-2012</i><br>Landing Interview/PR Rec'd: 12-Nov-2013<br>Rec'd PR card in mail: 18-01-2012
Andym said:
We have submitted an inland out of status app. for my partner and have received the AoR. We did not submit an OWP with the application. I am wondering if it is best to wait until we receive the AIP now before making the OWP app or should we just do it online now and that way it will be processed concurrently with the AIP? (way too many acronyms :p ) Any thoughts either way?
We didn't send an OWP in with our application either. We got AOR a little while ago and now have a UCI so we are going to send in the OWP now and attach a note asking that it be added to our application to be processed after AIP.

Happywife08

Dec 19, 2012
Category........
I got my AOR!!!!!! :D
10 days after it arrived there!!!!

Hopefully the entire process is gonna be faster!!! I can only dream!!! Dreamig is free!!! LOL ;)

jenny12345

Mar 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
the first one to get AIP on the 2013 applicants should have a prize. lol

jenny12345

Mar 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aardvark2 said:
whats an AIP???
Approval in principle, its where you get an email that the sponsor is approved and the applicant meets the eligibility to apply for permanent residence and open work permit approval (current timeline is 6 months from sending the application)

aardvark2

Mar 17, 2013
jenny12345 said:
Approval in principle, its where you get an email that the sponsor is approved and the applicant meets the eligibility to apply for permanent residence and open work permit approval (current timeline is 6 months from sending the application)
ohh.. thanks... im really clueless about these.. :( it really is difficult applying for these things..

jenny12345

Mar 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aardvark2 said:
ohh.. thanks... im really clueless about these.. :( it really is difficult applying for these things..
Its simple. You submit an inland spousal sponsorship application with an open work permit , this gives you implied status. You wait for AOR (Acknowledgement of receipt) email , and then wait for emails for sponsor and applicant after 6 months of sending forms. this is AIP (approval in principle) and your open work permit will be sent after a few days in the mail. 2nd stage begins where they do criminal security and background check. Right now it is 8 months from AIP but can be sooner. They will send you a letter to go to your local CIC for finalization where they will ask you 2 or 3 questions (have you been deported.refused entry, have you done any crimes) then they will send out the permanent resident card. You are advised not to leave Canada till you get the pr card and you should not work till you get the open work permit. Hope this clears it out for you. The only thing you have to worry about is if they transfer your file to local office before AIP this means they have doubts on relationship and will require an interview, some people here wait 2-3 years for an interview depending on your local office. Etobicoke seems fast and Edmonton seems the slowest

aardvark2

Mar 17, 2013
jenny12345 said:
Its simple. You submit an inland spousal sponsorship application with an open work permit , this gives you implied status. You wait for AOR (Acknowledgement of receipt) email , and then wait for emails for sponsor and applicant after 6 months of sending forms. this is AIP (approval in principle) and your open work permit will be sent after a few days in the mail. 2nd stage begins where they do criminal security and background check. Right now it is 8 months from AIP but can be sooner. They will send you a letter to go to your local CIC for finalization where they will ask you 2 or 3 questions (have you been deported.refused entry, have you done any crimes) then they will send out the permanent resident card. You are advised not to leave Canada till you get the pr card and you should not work till you get the open work permit. Hope this clears it out for you. The only thing you have to worry about is if they transfer your file to local office before AIP this means they have doubts on relationship and will require an interview, some people here wait 2-3 years for an interview depending on your local office. Etobicoke seems fast and Edmonton seems the slowest
wow!!! 2-3 years for an interview?? thats a long time to wait.. i have printed out quite a few pictures and even our text messages so i hope it is enough to prove to them about the relationship.. :)

jenny12345

Mar 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aardvark2 said:
when the application has been approved, we still need to pay like $700+ right?
The total is about 1050$ if you have no kids. So if you paid that upfront you wont have to pay any more fees.

UKZippy

Star Member
Dec 18, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vergreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-02-2013
AOR Received.
11-02-2013
Med's Request
17-10-2013
LANDED..........
Been here since 2011 - PR on 28/05/2015
HI all,
up-date on my application.....ECAS says they started working on the sponsorship on 26th Feb, YAY! They recieved the application on Feb 11th. and sent out an AOR email on Feb 27th.
Hope this helps with looking at your timelines.

bunnyinjapan

Jun 6, 2012
amikety said:
She can do both from Canada. Follow these instructions

ww.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america/united-states.asp

- Basically mail the form, fingerprints, and payment to FBI and they mail back a form. Mine took 5 weeks.
- Fingerprints might be at the police station. Some areas don't do that anymore, so she would need to google a location nearby to get fingerprints done. I went through the National Pardon Centre in downtown Calgary. They provided everything, including FBI cards and had a guarantee - if the fingerprints were bad, I got them done again for free (and I needed it!).

ww.cic.gc.ca/dmp-md/medical.aspx

- Select North America, Canada, and find a doctor near you.

No need to return to the US :)
Hi Amikety,

My husband is from the US and we've just gone through the first stage in the sponsorship application. We got the news yesterday that we're both eligible but we're missing police certificates for the process to continue. On the CIC website, it says that going through the FBI, the police certificates will require 4-5months to get to us! I see that yours only took 5 weeks (phew!), but can you tell me if you went through the FBI or one of the Channelers? We really need to get this done as soon as possible to make the 3 month deadline they've given us. Thanks!

ALSO... does anyone know if a police record check obtained from the local police department (in the US) is valid, or do we HAVE TO go through the FBI to get it?

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
I went directly through the FBI. Do not use a channeler!!! It will lack the watermark that makes it an official document!

Only the FBI certificate is accepted.

If you can't get it in the 3 months, just update the VO with your progress. "We mailed the form and payment for the police clearance on X/XX/XX. Our tracking number is (enter number here). It was received X day. We are still waiting for results and will update the office when we have them. Thanks."

(You can be more personable than that.... I always am :p)

bunnyinjapan

Jun 6, 2012
amikety said:
I went directly through the FBI. Do not use a channeler!!! It will lack the watermark that makes it an official document!

Only the FBI certificate is accepted.

If you can't get it in the 3 months, just update the VO with your progress. "We mailed the form and payment for the police clearance on X/XX/XX. Our tracking number is (enter number here). It was received X day. We are still waiting for results and will update the office when we have them. Thanks."

(You can be more personable than that.... I always am :p)
Thanks so much for the quick response!! I'm not on this forum very much... what is "VO" ??