AOR Received.
13-11-2012
Med's Done....
20-07-2012
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
JAMIEB said:
Hi Guys,
Here is my info, I am interested in seeing how everyone else's inland applications come along.

Category: Spouse
Visa office: Vegreville
App received: Nov 6, 2012
In process: Jan 3, 2013
AIP:
OWP
DM:
Landing:
PR card:
JAMIEB, you actually fir into 2012. Would you like tme to add you to that spreadsheet? The link is in my signature

Allydx

Dec 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-02-2013
Med's Done....
?
VISA ISSUED...
?
Hello all. Nice to see a 2013 thread :). We sent our application Dec 28, 2012. It was received Jan. 2, 2013. So now we wait and pray that we do not have to wait any longer than needed.

Category: Family
Visa office: Vegreville
App received: Jan 2, 2013
In process:
AIP:
OWP
DM:
Landing:
PR card:

lynnbb

Jan 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2013
Doc's Request.
26-04-2013
AOR Received.
25-04-2013(VO)
Med's Done....
23-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
25-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
14-06-2013
Hi everyone!

I'm a newbie here...It's great to find a place like this:D

I'm planning on submitting my inland spouse class application some time next week but I wasn't sure if I need to include an application for OWP at the same time? I'm pretty sure that there must be answers out there for my stupid question already but I'm sorry that I haven't got a chance to browse all the postings... :p Please do advise.

Thanks!

CANUSA31

Star Member
Dec 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-01-2013
AOR Received.
15-02-2013
Med's Done....
05-01-2013
I've been told yes and no by different people on here. I ultimately decided to not include it just yet. A senior member told me to wait until I get an AOR and then submit that with the work permit. (I'm also applying to extend my post grad work visa so maybe this is different for you).

wolanila

Jun 8, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lynnbb said:
Hi everyone!

I'm planning on submitting my inland spouse class application some time next week but I wasn't sure if I need to include an application for OWP at the same time? I'm pretty sure that there must be answers out there for my stupid question already but I'm sorry that I haven't got a chance to browse all the postings... :p Please do advise.

Thanks!
We submitted ours at the same time and then received the OWP with AIP. It doesn't hurt to submit it and if the sponsor for some reason can not qualify they will refund your OWP. We just did it all together because its less hassle that way and we didn't have to worry about weather they received it or if our application was going to get pulled from cue (because we are not sure how this works). We also saved money in courier fees this way :)

lynnbb

Jan 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2013
Doc's Request.
26-04-2013
AOR Received.
25-04-2013(VO)
Med's Done....
23-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
25-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
14-06-2013
CANUSA31 said:
I've been told yes and no by different people on here. I ultimately decided to not include it just yet. A senior member told me to wait until I get an AOR and then submit that with the work permit. (I'm also applying to extend my post grad work visa so maybe this is different for you).
Thanks a lot CANUSA31 !
I'm currently on a 3-year visitor's visa which will be valid through 2014...which means...I cannot work or study in the meantime...that's why I was concerning about if I should send in an app for OWP together with my PR application, if that would help to get a work permit a little quicker. Yes, as you can see, I desperately need a job!!! ;D

lynnbb

Jan 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2013
Doc's Request.
26-04-2013
AOR Received.
25-04-2013(VO)
Med's Done....
23-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
25-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
14-06-2013
wolanila said:
We submitted ours at the same time and then received the OWP with AIP. It doesn't hurt to submit it and if the sponsor for some reason can not qualify they will refund your OWP. We just did it all together because its less hassle that way and we didn't have to worry about weather they received it or if our application was going to get pulled from cue (because we are not sure how this works). We also saved money in courier fees this way :)
Haha, thanks wolanila~ You had a very good point of "saving money in courier fees"... ;)

AlMansoor

Jan 22, 2013
Sent OWP with the rest. I was told by CIC agents that it is the right thing to do. Later found out that (not regarding this matter) they don't know much sometimes. For example, the doctor at the clinic where I did my medical told me that I should not have done it before CIC told me to, as it 'may' expire before they decide... something that the agents did not know and advised otherwise.

Too bad she told me this after I had done the tests and she was doing the last bit of physical :(.

JAMIEB

Jan 21, 2013
lynnbb said:
Hi everyone!

Thanks!
Hey there,
I was told by the visa office to include my OWP application in my visa submission so I did, I have not heard anything yet though but me visa is being processed so I guess I will wait and see.
I did however create a second copy of every document I printed just in case I have to resubmit anything at any stage.
Good luck

Mrembo

Apr 17, 2012
Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 16th 2012
Doc's Request.
Jan 9th 2012
AOR Received.
Jan 9th 2012
Med's Request
Not yet
Med's Done....
Interview........
Not yet
Passport Req..
Not yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
Can't wait
AlMansoor said:
Sent OWP with the rest. I was told by CIC agents that it is the right thing to do. Later found out that (not regarding this matter) they don't know much sometimes. For example, the doctor at the clinic where I did my medical told me that I should not have done it before CIC told me to, as it 'may' expire before they decide... something that the agents did not know and advised otherwise.

Too bad she told me this after I had done the tests and she was doing the last bit of physical :(.
I sent my application with medicals I did in 2010 when I wanted to send in the application but didn't because cic agents advised me not to since I didn't have a passport(total bs) as I came to find out I could have :(......so yes they are wrong sometimes!!!

wolanila

Jun 8, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I feel due diligence is important when dealing with matters that can effect your life. I also make it a rule to call CIC call center at least 3 times when asking a question as I have found that not all of there employees answer some questions correctly. I find this is true in most call centers I call including my cell phone company. The agents are Human and just like all of us are subject to error with lack of experience. Google is also a good resourse and the search function in Canadavisa forum as well. :D

CANUSA31

Star Member
Dec 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-01-2013
AOR Received.
15-02-2013
Med's Done....
05-01-2013
The current wait time is 6 months for step 1 according to the CIC website.
Is that 6 months from the day it arrives at the office or 6 months from receiving an AOR? Does anyone know?

Allydx

Dec 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-02-2013
Med's Done....
?
VISA ISSUED...
?
wolanila said:
I feel due diligence is important when dealing with matters that can effect your life. I also make it a rule to call CIC call center at least 3 times when asking a question as I have found that not all of there employees answer some questions correctly. I find this is true in most call centers I call including my cell phone company. The agents are Human and just like all of us are subject to error with lack of experience. Google is also a good resourse and the search function in Canadavisa forum as well. :D
Hmmm.. I like that idea of calling 3 times especially when it comes to important matters.

I am filing for my husband. We had booked an appointment for him to do his medicals, but we had been hearing conflicting info about when to submit them. We called CIC call centre and the agent advised us to wait to do them until CIC requests them. Good thing we called and asked 2 days before his appointment, which we then cancelled.

wolanila

Jun 8, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Allydx said:
Hmmm.. I like that idea of calling 3 times especially when it comes to important matters.

I am filing for my husband. We had booked an appointment for him to do his medicals, but we had been hearing conflicting info about when to submit them. We called CIC call centre and the agent advised us to wait to do them until CIC requests them. Good thing we called and asked 2 days before his appointment, which we then cancelled.
I guess it all depends on preference. Some people like to submit them with the application as they think they will save some time in application processing. Others prefer to send it when requested so they only have to pay for it once. Either way its a bit of a gamble. If you send it with your application and your application takes longer than a year to process, you may have to redo your medical. If the expired medical is the only thing left to do on your application and your medical is no older than 15 months then your medical may be extended. Even though many applications that meet this criteria are extended, it is still up to the officer whether or not they will request it. So as you can see both options have pros and cons. My self, I just wanted to send everything together in hope that my application would get processed faster.