+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2013

galuramarvin

Star Member
Mar 11, 2013
Hi guys. Please I need some advice..
I am a Temporary Worker here in Alberta.and on August 2014 I met a girl from Vancouver she is a PR.
We are now in a Long Distance Relationship so we are planning to get married on December 2014 so we could be together after she sponsors me. Do we have a chance for approval even if we just met on August in a Long Distance Relationship, will get married in December and apply sponsorship maybe on February 2015? (We have continuous communications, videos,skype, phone records, we visit each others place and we are also applying for a joint bank account) Is itpossible enough if we present those proofs (we will also add wedding pics after our wedding) that our relationship is genuine? please help..thanks

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
galuramarvin said:
I am a Temporary Worker here in Alberta.and on August 2014 I met a girl from Vancouver she is a PR.
We are now in a Long Distance Relationship so we are planning to get married on December 2014 so we could be together after she sponsors me. Do we have a chance for approval even if we just met on August in a Long Distance Relationship, will get married in December and apply sponsorship maybe on February 2015? (We have continuous communications, videos,skype, phone records, we visit each others place and we are also applying for a joint bank account) Is itpossible enough if we present those proofs (we will also add wedding pics after our wedding) that our relationship is genuine? please help..thanks
It's possible, however you really should expect heavy scrutiny and likely an interview as well. You being a foreign worker and only being in the relationship for 4 months before marriage really comes across as you looking for a way to remain in Canada regardless of how you achieve that, even if you have to marry someone to do it.

Don't misunderstand, I am not saying that you are doing this, however, with the little background you have given here, you can expect that CIC will likely see it this way and want to get an interview and check out the reasons behind the marriage.

I would seriously suggest you both wait for more time before getting married though. Make sure this is the right step for both of you.

JohnnyP

Jun 20, 2013
Toronto-->Victoria
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville--> Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
10-09-2013
Med's Request
10-01-2015
Med's Done....
03-02-2015
Interview........
16-04-2015
galuramarvin said:
Here's my 2 cents on your situation: I don't think how you met or how long you met her is important in determining whether your relationship is genuine. As long as you include all those proofs (marriage certificate, joint bank account, pictures, phone records, letters from close friends and more the better...), your application will likely be approved. Do you guys plan to live together right after the marriage? If not, I think that could be an issue or alert during landing interview.

It is a damn long process to be approved as a permanent resident. You have to wait at least 20 months to be landed and you still need to stay with your future-wife for another 2 years to be completely accepted as a resident. Make sure you BOTH know what you are getting into.

Can you please ask your girlfriend to visit here and ask the same question? I am sure people here would have some good advises for her. ^^

islandgirl25

Star Member
Jan 14, 2011
Maxician said:
Congrats Islandgirl!! I'm a March, 2013 applicant as well. No DM yet though, but hoping to get it soon.

Did you receive an email or a letter for DM?? I just moved from my last address (CIC is aware), but I fear not getting the good news on time. My eCas won't tell me much and the call center agents are lame as you know.

Good luck with your interview! Oh, its maybe right now!! :D

thank you so much! i received it via email...i remember you...you should be getting yours soon!!

sophieee said:
Unfortunately no one has access to that spreadsheet. The one in my signature is up to date.
Could you please check the date of the decision made? It looks to be unusually close to the landing interview.

And of course, congrats to became a PR!:)

aww man :( ...yesss! i was shocked at how quickly the time was between my ecas changing to "decision made" and when i received my landing interview email...craaazy!

islandgirl25

Star Member
Jan 14, 2011
ok...so i ahd my landing interview today...and it went really well!! the agent was a sweetheart! very very friendly, always smiling...i had to produce my passport and the hubster had to show photo identification...we were both asked the same questions...welfare? crimes?, etc...it was pretty straight forward! i then updated my SIN number....they are no longer producing cards...so, all you will receive is the number on a sheet of paper :(...i really liked having the card...we did arrive there about 10 mins late....to m surprise,we were not chewed out lol...i should be expecting my card between 8-10 weeks, it says.....

i am sooooo happy! we both are! this has been a loooong process for us, from march, 2013....it feels good to be able to move more fluid as a unit! i want to thank you all for your help...w/o the forum, idk where we would be! good luck to all of the applicants who have yet to receive...keep your hope...i think they are moving their hineys now!

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
atanto said:
yeah, cic rejected my cec application for the silliest reason last year so i decided to got with spousal sponsorship this time .
Lets say the employer want me bad enough to take me anyway, can i legally change jobs under implied status?
You should consult with an immigration attorney. The only thing folks in this forum can offer you are opinions, and what you need is a legal opinion - and you're in a definite grey area.

CherPare

Star Member
Jul 13, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-12-2013
AOR Received.
14-01-2014
Med's Done....
02-20-2015
Hey guys! I'm wondering if anyone can give me advice?

I went through our application the other day (I made doubles of everything just in case) to see if I would need to update anything (I'm pregnant) in the coming weeks. Anyways, I ended up coming across a page that I should've send in but sent in the older version. The document where we answer questions about our wedding, I answered 'yes' to the question if my parents attended... however, only my mother attended, my dad said he would come to our other wedding (When we have more money) so he didn't have to lose work this time. I originally ticked yes but the lady who was helping us said I should make a note (Since there is nowhere to tick that only one attended) that only my mother came.

And last night I realized I kept the copy with the note and accidentally sent the old one that just said yes.

Is there a chance we'll be accused of misrepresentation? There are many pictures of our wedding but not everyone got into a picture... so I don't even know if they could tell, I'm just worried it'll become a problem. D:

What do you guys recommend?

cndrobbo

Oct 9, 2014
Hi. I just recently discovered this forum and thought I would register and join to, if anything, keep my sanity. My husband and I are getting incredibly frustrated waiting for his PR.
A little of background info.
I am sponsoring my husband to get his PR card. He has been in the country since December 2011 and working under a work permit (sponsored by the company he works for). We submitted both of our applications for PR last year. It was received September 4, 2013 and I received an email stating it has been received on September 25, 2013. It was about then that we had to prepare a letter and proof that we had recently had another child (we have two Canadian children).
Fast forward, we received mail earlier this year saying our applications were transferred to Ontario.
That's all the info we have and from what I can see we are not alone in this ridiculous wait time. How frustrating is it to check CIC every week with no change for months?!
So now I realize that most everyone sent their medical and police checks with the applications whereas my husband was told by a coworker not to do that and that the CIC request that information once stage 1 is approved and it is to be done by a specific doctor(s). Is this true? Should we brace ourselves for an even longer wait? Should we just go ahead and do those things, send it in, and cross fingers there are no problems?
Another question, is there a facebook group created for us going through this nightmare of a process? Thanks!!

azarme09

Oct 25, 2013
App. Filed.......
22-10-2018
Go ahead an get the police certificates and medicals done. You don't have to wait for them to ask you for it. Mail it to them. It may speed up the process once they get to your application.

cndrobbo said:
Hi. I just recently discovered this forum and thought I would register and join to, if anything, keep my sanity. My husband and I are getting incredibly frustrated waiting for his PR.
A little of background info.
I am sponsoring my husband to get his PR card. He has been in the country since December 2011 and working under a work permit (sponsored by the company he works for). We submitted both of our applications for PR last year. It was received September 4, 2013 and I received an email stating it has been received on September 25, 2013. It was about then that we had to prepare a letter and proof that we had recently had another child (we have two Canadian children).
Fast forward, we received mail earlier this year saying our applications were transferred to Ontario.
That's all the info we have and from what I can see we are not alone in this ridiculous wait time. How frustrating is it to check CIC every week with no change for months?!
So now I realize that most everyone sent their medical and police checks with the applications whereas my husband was told by a coworker not to do that and that the CIC request that information once stage 1 is approved and it is to be done by a specific doctor(s). Is this true? Should we brace ourselves for an even longer wait? Should we just go ahead and do those things, send it in, and cross fingers there are no problems?
Another question, is there a facebook group created for us going through this nightmare of a process? Thanks!!

azarme09

Oct 25, 2013
App. Filed.......
22-10-2018
Hey!

I have a question.

My husband's family is planning a new year's eve party in Florida. I am from Pakistan (crappy country so obviously not visa exempt).

I was studying in the US before I moved here after graduation. I entered on a TRV which expired in May but I'm on implied status since I sent my OWP application with my sponsorship forms.

My question is that: If I apply for a TRV extension right now, despite an OWP application on file with CIC, would I get it provided I give them my AOR and mention that I have applied for an OWP?

I want to apply for a US visa (which won't be an issue) but I'm just concerned about my re-entry if I do end up taking that risk (I'm not even sure that I will attempt this trip).

Thanks, guys!

JohnnyP

Jun 20, 2013
Toronto-->Victoria
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
10-09-2013
Med's Request
10-01-2015
Med's Done....
03-02-2015
Interview........
16-04-2015
azarme09 said:
Hey!

I have a question.

My husband's family is planning a new year's eve party in Florida. I am from Pakistan (crappy country so obviously not visa exempt).

I was studying in the US before I moved here after graduation. I entered on a TRV which expired in May but I'm on implied status since I sent my OWP application with my sponsorship forms.

My question is that: If I apply for a TRV extension right now, despite an OWP application on file with CIC, would I get it provided I give them my AOR and mention that I have applied for an OWP?

I want to apply for a US visa (which won't be an issue) but I'm just concerned about my re-entry if I do end up taking that risk (I'm not even sure that I will attempt this trip).

Thanks, guys!
This is one of the most frequently asked questions and I don't think it has a definite answer.
CIC does not recommend travelling abroad until you get the PR because they can not "guarantee" the re-entry.
But I've seen some people from this forum that they went travelling (before getting AIP) and didn't really have too much trouble coming back in.
My wife's dad was hospitalized few months ago and she really wanted to visit her dad, but we decided not to take the risk because all the long wait and sacrifice we made so far would be ruined IF anything dramatic happened at the border...

azarme09

Oct 25, 2013
App. Filed.......
22-10-2018
Yes, I understand that however my question was about applying for an extension on my TRV while my OWP is in process.
Would it work or do they have a rule against it?

JohnnyP said:
This is one of the most frequently asked questions and I don't think it has a definite answer.
CIC does not recommend travelling abroad until you get the PR because they can not "guarantee" the re-entry.
But I've seen some people from this forum that they went travelling (before getting AIP) and didn't really have too much trouble coming back in.
My wife's dad was hospitalized few months ago and she really wanted to visit her dad, but we decided not to take the risk because all the long wait and sacrifice we made so far would be ruined IF anything dramatic happened at the border...

JohnnyP

Jun 20, 2013
Toronto-->Victoria
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
10-09-2013
Med's Request
10-01-2015
Med's Done....
03-02-2015
Interview........
16-04-2015
azarme09 said:
Yes, I understand that however my question was about applying for an extension on my TRV while my OWP is in process.
Would it work or do they have a rule against it?
Oh, I am sorry. I have no knowledge on that.

Damn, this forum is so quite...

Smsm81

Oct 24, 2012
Hello,
Has anyone experienced sending videos CD to CIC?
We need to send some information to CIC and we were thinking to add some more photos and videos.

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (now sent to CPC-M)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
SA 06-11-2014/AIP 17-11-2014
AOR Received.
26-09-2013 (didn't get email-called CIC)
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
Smsm81 said:
Hello,
Has anyone experienced sending videos CD to CIC?
We need to send some information to CIC and we were thinking to add some more photos and videos.
They specifically request for no CDs or DVDs to be sent in.