14-06-2013
Interview........
11-06-2014
Passport Req..
waived
LANDED..........
11-06-2014
hi all!!

it is so exciting that all of you got your AOR really fast. Have not submit the application, not until April. I would love to join this forum. Keep the update guys!

P

ishy

Feb 19, 2013
Kingston, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-02-2013
AOR Received.
21-02-2013
File Transfer...
AIP: December 20, 2013
Interview........
DM: January 2, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Landing letter received 23-02-2014
LANDED..........
25-02-2014 in Ottawa
Hi all,

Lots of nice info in these forums. I'm sponsoring my gf as common-law, our app was received Feb 5th if I could get added to the spreadsheet as well.
Background: Met her in first year undergrad, started to live together second year to now (1st year Master's) so 3 years and 10 months. Both studying engineering at Queen's.

Supporting docs: like 20 pictures of various trips, letter from landlord confirming co-signing for three years undergrad, current join lease + utility bill, convocation pictures with both parents (her parents flew from China), plane tickets, driver's licenses for both us listing my hometown, and 2 pages of relationship info for Q12 questionnaire. No phone/emails logs since we're always together...

dawlex

Star Member
Aug 15, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-Feb-2013
AOR Received.
06-Mar-2013
File Transfer...
07-Mar-2013 <br><i>- to Vancouver CIC (BRO)</i>
Med's Request
16-May-2013<br><i>- sent with original application</i>
Med's Done....
11-Jan-2013
Interview........
29-Apr-2013 (at Local CIC) <br><i> - AIP verbally approved at interview !! </i><br>AIP & OWP Rec'd: 10-May-2013<br>RCMP Check Req'd: 02-Aug-2013 <br><i>- sent 14-Aug-2013</i><br>DM: Rec'd letter 24-Oct-2013 <br><i>- letter dated 21-Oct-2012</i><br>Landing Interview/PR Rec'd: 12-Nov-2013<br>Rec'd PR card in mail: 18-01-2012
computergeek said:
It's not uncommon for people to add an OWP to their file. You just need to make sure you clearly label anything you send in with your file number (and other identifying information). CIC can find matching up paperwork a bit of a challenge - they handle a LOT of paperwork - so make it as easy as you can to get the addition into your main file.

We don't have a file number yet... will that come with the AOR? Hubby has been out of status for about 2 years now (that's another story tho..) From what I have been reading, I think it would be in our best interest to submit an OWP and ask that they attach it to our file. By doing this, will that give him implied status ... or no? I thought I read somewhere that only comes about if you apply for an extension of your visa (which we cant do anymore) and that you are in implied status only while you wait for the approval....

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
dawlex said:
We don't have a file number yet... will that come with the AOR? Hubby has been out of status for about 2 years now (that's another story tho..) From what I have been reading, I think it would be in our best interest to submit an OWP and ask that they attach it to our file. By doing this, will that give him implied status ... or no? I thought I read somewhere that only comes about if you apply for an extension of your visa (which we cant do anymore) and that you are in implied status only while you wait for the approval....
Yes, you will get the file number with the AOR. Then you can submit additional material. Sending it now is about as effective as tossing it out the window and hoping it gets to CIC - they lose stuff all the time.

It would be best to submit the OWP once you have the AOR, yes. He does not have implied status (he's already out of status) but once AIP is granted and his work permit is issued he has returned to status and all is forgiven.

CANUSA31

Star Member
Dec 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-01-2013
AOR Received.
15-02-2013
Med's Done....
05-01-2013
Hi Computergeek, I posted this in another thread but it is about what your currently talking about, so I think it's ok to post here as well. Would you be able to answer what you can, when you have time? Thanks.

I need to attach an Open Work Permit to my already submitted PR application. I received my AOR already so I will include that when I send it.

My question is what is the best way to have my permit attached to my application? On my permit should I include a sticky note with my name, UCI number and application number (Starts with an F followed by numbers), and maybe a little note asking them to attach the OWP to my application?

I want to make it as easy as possible for whomever opens it up.

And I'm also assuming I send it to the PR address: 6212-55th ave, Vegreville, AB, T9C 1W5.

This is all the info I need for the OWP application right? www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/extend-worker.asp

From the link above do I need to complete the Statutory Declaration of Common Law Union if I'm obviously applying through the Common Law class for PR? Or should I just do it anyways?

Lots of questions above, thanks for your time going through them.

CANUSA31

Star Member
Dec 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-01-2013
AOR Received.
15-02-2013
Med's Done....
05-01-2013
@john6514520

Congrats! I'm glad were around the same time so we can keep each other updated. Did you send an OWP with your application?

Maau0601

Feb 13, 2013
Where do I go to get the paperwork to send with my inland application to extend my visitor visa and apply for my OWP? THANKS!!!

Chickadee

Jul 8, 2012
South Carolina, United States
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-16-2012
AOR Received.
09-18-2012
Med's Request
Sent with Application
Med's Done....
05-15-2012
Interview........
[color=#FF0000]Never!!!
VISA ISSUED...
[color=#FF0000]Never!!!
LANDED..........
[color=#FF0000]Never!!!
Maau0601 said:
Where do I go to get the paperwork to send with my inland application to extend my visitor visa and apply for my OWP? THANKS!!!
The "Application to Extend Visitor Stay" can be found here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/visitor.asp

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Maau0601 said:
Thanks Chicadee!
Any idea about the form to submit for the "Open" work permit?
LOL. It was four posts up: www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/extend-worker.asp

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
CANUSA31 said:
Hi Computergeek, I posted this in another thread but it is about what your currently talking about, so I think it's ok to post here as well. Would you be able to answer what you can, when you have time? Thanks.

I need to attach an Open Work Permit to my already submitted PR application. I received my AOR already so I will include that when I send it.

My question is what is the best way to have my permit attached to my application? On my permit should I include a sticky note with my name, UCI number and application number (Starts with an F followed by numbers), and maybe a little note asking them to attach the OWP to my application?

I want to make it as easy as possible for whomever opens it up.

And I'm also assuming I send it to the PR address: 6212-55th ave, Vegreville, AB, T9C 1W5.

This is all the info I need for the OWP application right? www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/extend-worker.asp

From the link above do I need to complete the Statutory Declaration of Common Law Union if I'm obviously applying through the Common Law class for PR? Or should I just do it anyways?

Lots of questions above, thanks for your time going through them.
I'd probably include a copy of the AOR letter, but writing on the application itself or on a sticky note with your identity information is exactly the right thing to do.

I'm not sure on the address, but I know I've read others post it - and I'm pretty sure that using the PR address will get it to the right team at least, since you don't want it to go to the regular inland application people.

Since you're attaching it to your file, you shouldn't need to repeat documentation that was included with the PR application.

Good luck!

CANUSA31

Star Member
Dec 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-01-2013
AOR Received.
15-02-2013
Med's Done....
05-01-2013
Alright thanks for the words!

When attaching forms and stuff like that is there anyway to verify they got it? Or do I basically just wait till my AIP and if successful I will get my OWP as well (and if I don't get OWP, then it was lost in transit and never made it to my application)

Also, I looked ahead at the OWP application and I only have 1 question I would need help with: It's box 3 at the very start of the first page.
I'm on a post grad work visa right now that expires June 18th, and once I get AIP and my OWP I will continue or go back to the same job I'm at right now. So would I check the box "a work permit with same employer"?

The rest is pretty straight forward. Thanks again.

dawlex

Star Member
Aug 15, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-Feb-2013
AOR Received.
06-Mar-2013
File Transfer...
07-Mar-2013 <br><i>- to Vancouver CIC (BRO)</i>
Med's Request
16-May-2013<br><i>- sent with original application</i>
Med's Done....
11-Jan-2013
Interview........
29-Apr-2013 (at Local CIC) <br><i> - AIP verbally approved at interview !! </i><br>AIP & OWP Rec'd: 10-May-2013<br>RCMP Check Req'd: 02-Aug-2013 <br><i>- sent 14-Aug-2013</i><br>DM: Rec'd letter 24-Oct-2013 <br><i>- letter dated 21-Oct-2012</i><br>Landing Interview/PR Rec'd: 12-Nov-2013<br>Rec'd PR card in mail: 18-01-2012
I've been stewing about this since I sent in the package. On form IMM008 (question #4) It asks, which Immigration Office is requested for processing this application.
Here's what the Guide said:

Indicate the name of the Immigration Office which serves:

your country of nationality, or
the country in which you are residing, provided that you have been lawfully admitted to that country for at least one year.

Note: Do not select the CIO as the immigration office requested to process your application. Although you may be required to will submit your application to the CIO, you must indicate the name of an appropriate visa office using the criteria above.

I have been wondering about this question.... We filed INLAND and we put Kingston, Jamaica as the answer.
I am Canadian (sponsor) and hubby is Jamaican (applicant).. yet he is out of status and was never "lawfully admitted to Canada for at least one year" (he overstayed a work visa).

Is this correct? I keep wondering because really, this application will never see Jamaica will it? From what I understand it will be processed in Vegreville.. and then transferred locally (in Canada) to where we live. I hope I didn't mess this form up. It was one with the barcodes too.. ::)

AchankengCrawford

Feb 13, 2013
Cameroon
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville to Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2013
AOR Received.
14-09-2013
I have a question about the medicals. I'm Canadian, but currently living with my partner in his country of origin (Cameroon). We're planning on visiting Canada in June and then applying inland for his residency.

Should we do the medical in Cameroon or should we wait until we're in Canada and then do the medical? Does it matter? Once in Canada are there specific doctors who do the medicals like if you do it out of country? How much does a medical in Canada cost?

I want to send all documents together at the same time, including the medical and police check.

Thanks!