+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2013

Linden

Dec 10, 2013
Whoa relax buddy. I dont understand why people get so bent out of shape when you post something on this forum.

Anyways below is an old AIP somebody got at the beginning of the year. The wording is different and from my understanding the sponsors were not getting the AIP emails. All im pointing is the difference in the emails I don't know if Todare's email is AIP. Correct me if I'm wrong.

ortom said:
THIS IS AIP. THERE'S ONLY 2 STAGES, NOT THREE. WHAT DO YOU EXPECT FROM AIP? UNLIKE THE OUTLAND APPS, INLAND APPS GIVE SPONSORSHIP APPROVAL AND ALSO ASSES YOUR RELATIONSHIP, IF THEY HAVE ANY DOUBTS THEY DONT ISSUE SPONSORSHIP APPROVAL (AIP)
niks1 said:
Friends,

I have a quick question regarding the mail I got from CIC. This is the approval of the OWP. In the second paragraph of the mail snapshot below states that my application will not be complete till the medicals, security and background checks are complete. This is confusing to me as I have already submitted my medicals and background/security check documents with my application.

Is this just a standard mail response or do I need to talk to CIC about this?

Thanks,
niks1

This letter refers to your application for permanent residence under the spouse or common-law
partner in Canada class.
It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent resident
status as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class. However, a final
decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent resident
have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks for you
and, if applicable, all of your family members, both in Canada and abroad, even if they are not
applying to join you in Canada at this time. You cannot become a permanent resident until you
and all your family members have met these requirements.
Your application for a work permit has been approved and your new document(s) will be sent
to you separately. You are authorized to remain in Canada under the conditions listed on the
document(s). Please read them carefully.
You may also apply for a study permit. If applying for a study permit please ensure you include
a letter from the educational institution you plan to attend. The letter should outline the type of
course or program for which you are registered, the start date and the expected completion
date. To obtain the correct forms please visit the Citizenship and Immigration Canada Internet
web site at [http://www.cic.gc.ca] or contact the Immigration Call Centre at the number indicated
below.
Passports for yourself and your family members must be valid for the duration of your stay in
Canada.

yata520

Oct 9, 2013
Linden said:
Whoa relax buddy. I dont understand why people get so bent out of shape when you post something on this forum.

Anyways below is an old AIP somebody got at the beginning of the year. The wording is different and from my understanding the sponsors were not getting the AIP emails. All im pointing is the difference in the emails I don't know if Todare's email is AIP. Correct me if I'm wrong.
i think for todare just didn't search what is AIP mean and he think what he know about AIP , and we all know what is approval , so thats why Q.E.D.

Daizey

Jan 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-08-2013
AOR Received.
03-09-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with App
VISA ISSUED...
AIP + DM 12-02-2015
LANDED..........
12-03-2015
Linden said:
Hehe, I think maybe they just forgot they had their caps lock on, some people don't realize all caps is yelling. I'm sure they weren't trying to offend. :) In regards to the AIP, I was always under the impression that AIP meant sponsor was approved (stage 1), and when the sponsored persons application is done being processed, that was DM (stage 2). I think the email saying the person you're sponsoring will be receiving notification is in regards to DM, especially since they seem to be doing AIPs and DMs so close together lately. The wording in the email may be different, but I'm pretty sure it's still AIP.

todare

Star Member
Nov 5, 2012
Lawyer says it is only sponsership approval. If you call it AIP or not is no difference. I always regarded AIP as the seperate letter that comes to the sponsered person approving your application. Maybe the confusion is that permenant residence and AIP sometimes seem the same thing. Who knows. Lawyer says letter saying AIP coming to sponsered person is AIP.

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yata520 said:
how do you know that ???

and congrats who got AIP today
I am in contact with the reporter to follow up. The story was sidetracked by Ontario election. Plus, CIC hadnot replied until today.

minime#

Aug 3, 2012
Spoke to another agent today they said ego income replied and said everything is fine with my file they still working on a date for me for two whole friggin months!!!!

ortom

Feb 19, 2013
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Vegreville /CPC - Missisauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-07-2013
File Transfer...
03-03-2014 to CPC-M
Med's Done....
06-06-2013
I dont know whats to relax about in my reply, but sure!
Linden said:

ortom

Feb 19, 2013
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Vegreville /CPC - Missisauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-07-2013
File Transfer...
03-03-2014 to CPC-M
Med's Done....
06-06-2013
You have received 1st stage approval! Which means if u applued for a work permit u will get an email that it was apporved soon!...ur lawyer might be referring to outland applications as sponsorship approval is 1 month and they only check to see that the sponsor doesnt have any criminal record, not rcving social assistance etc! Inlamd however they go beyond that, they also look at the sponsored spouse, check for any redflags etc! So if they have any concerns about crimal records for spo sored spouse, medical history or the relationship they transfeer ur file, without approving the sponsor, to a local office for further reviewing!
todare said:
Lawyer says it is only sponsership approval. If you call it AIP or not is no difference. I always regarded AIP as the seperate letter that comes to the sponsered person approving your application. Maybe the confusion is that permenant residence and AIP sometimes seem the same thing. Who knows. Lawyer says letter saying AIP coming to sponsered person is AIP.

Mocha7

Sep 17, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jul 3, 13
AOR Received.
Jul 30, 13
Interview........
AIP: Feb 7, 14
Passport Req..
OWP: Feb 13, 14
VISA ISSUED...
DM: May 19, 15
LANDED..........
Landing: TBA
Just want to clarify sth about the AIP:

The email sent to the sponsor saying eligible to sponsor does NOT equal to AIP, which is the email/letter sent to the applicant saying meet the requirement to apply for PR.

There are cases that the sponsor received approval of sponsorship, but the applicant only receives a letter requesting further supportive documents.

You will need the letter saying that you meet the requirement to apply for PR, for health card or Open work permit.

You can always check ECAS online to see if "sponsorship" has changed to "decision made" to determine if AIP is granted or not.

The DM letter is easier to identify by saying your application has decision made.

AckTivity

Star Member
Jan 11, 2014
Alberta, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2013
Doc's Request.
13-01-2014 (mailed 24-01-2014)
Nomination.....
AIP: 17-02-2014
AOR Received.
04-04-2013
Med's Request
10-01-2014
Med's Done....
21-01-2014
Interview........
WAIVED
LANDED..........
23-02-2015
woodyc said:
I've been waiting for DM for 4 moths now since getting AIP in Feb. Not sure when I'll hear back maybe next month who knows.
In the same boat here. We got AIP on February 17th. Thankfully I also received my OWP, but man I would love to be done with waiting for DM. So did those of us who stayed in Vegreville just get stuck in a file?

Mocha7

Sep 17, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jul 3, 13
AOR Received.
Jul 30, 13
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
todare said:
Your lawyer is right.

Mocha7

Sep 17, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jul 3, 13
AOR Received.
Jul 30, 13
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
AckTivity said:
In the same boat here. We got AIP on February 17th. Thankfully I also received my OWP, but man I would love to be done with waiting for DM. So did those of us who stayed in Vegreville just get stuck in a file?
I'm also waiting for the DM after receiving AIP in Feb. Though the wait is not that bitter with a two-year OWP granted and hopefully Vegreville clears up our files soon.