20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Rusalka said:
this is visitor's visa. But in new passport will be no visa :( because to make visa u need to leave country
That is not necessarily true. My wife was able to enter Canada with her new passport and showed her old passport with the Canadian TRV in it. As long as your TRV is valid and not expired, you can use your new passport and visa in old passport to re-enter Canada.

mariannamurrieta

Star Member
Jul 5, 2013
toronto, ON, Canada.
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11 - 03 - 2013
Doc's Request.
Police certificate request after AIP January-9-2014 sent on January-10-2014
AOR Received.
22-03-2013
File Transfer...
AIP + OWP January-9-2014
Med's Request
Med's sent with app
Interview........
Not interview request at this time.
Passport Req..
DM: May 22 2014
VISA ISSUED...
not yet
LANDED..........
june 11 2014
Maxician said:
Me too, March 2013; AIP Jan 14th... but they lost my police certificate, then they found it, then again it wasn't there, but finally after a lot of CIC call center pain in the *ss wasted time, they supposedly found it for good. Of course no DM yet...

Did you send your Permanent Residence Right Fee receipt before you got DM?? I already paid and sent it by email, no reply...

Congratulations!! Must feel somehow like getting your freedom after some years in jail being innocent (never been there though)

Hi Maxician, im sorry for this, and i really dont have idea why you didnt get DM yet, did you call them? and did you check e-cas status?

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (now sent to CPC-M)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
SA 06-11-2014/AIP 17-11-2014
AOR Received.
26-09-2013 (didn't get email-called CIC)
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
Rusalka said:
Hi, did anybody from country from where visa is required have experience that passport is expired during expectation of PR?
I applied at the end of January 2014, right now I prolonged visa, but my passport will be expired early December :( And looking at the list I understand that I will not receive PR earlier than at March-May 2015.

And to receive new visa into new passport I need to leave country...
And I can't leave country because I am waiting for PR. :eek:
What to do?
My husbands passport will expire this year. He is from Costa Rica (visa is require to enter Canada). We just went to Ottawa to the embassy this week, to get him a new passport. They will return the old passport with the Visitor Visa. The Visa was a Visitor’s one from 2010, so it is expired, but he is on implied status. The embassy gave a photocopy of his passport with a message (legalized with the stamp and everything) that his new passport is in process, but he has to go a few weeks without a passport for now.

God be with us

May 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC- Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-07-2013
AOR Received.
14-08-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with application
Interview........
Thankfully not reqrd
VISA ISSUED...
13-6-2014
LANDED..........
24-6-2014
Rusalka said:
this is visitor's visa. But in new passport will be no visa :( because to make visa u need to leave country
You visa should be valid even if get passport renewed. Just make sure to carry both the passports together.

cca35

May 28, 2014
Hello Everyone,

I am a June 2013 Applicant. I've received AIP on January 31st 2014 and I just received the DM email from Vegreville office today morning at 9:30AM.
Waiting for Vancouver office to contact me for landing.

Wish everyone all the best. Thanks. ;D

AchankengCrawford

Feb 13, 2013
Cameroon
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville to Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2013
AOR Received.
14-09-2013
cca35 said:
Hello Everyone,

I am a June 2013 Applicant. I've received AIP on January 31st 2014 and I just received the DM email from Vegreville office today morning at 9:30AM.

Congratulations! Almost there!

Rusalka

Star Member
Dec 4, 2013
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
screech339 said:
That is not necessarily true. My wife was able to enter Canada with her new passport and showed her old passport with the Canadian TRV in it. As long as your TRV is valid and not expired, you can use your new passport and visa in old passport to re-enter Canada.
my visa will be expired in November :(
While I am waiting for PR I am prolonging it through CIC. But in November my visa expires and in December my passport expires :(

Rusalka

Star Member
Dec 4, 2013
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cca35 said:
Hello Everyone,

Congratulations!

Can anybody explain to me what does it mean landing, if we already landed here? :) (The topic for Inlanders)/

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Rusalka said:
Congratulations!

Can anybody explain to me what does it mean landing, if we already landed here? :) (The topic for Inlanders)/
You didn't really land as you came in as a visitor. Getting landed means landing and become a permanent resident. The original terminology was "Landed Immigrant". Nowadays they are called Permanent Residents. Thus having landed usually come from the old term becoming a "landed immigrant".

If you ever apply for an US visa and gotten approved, it will say "landed immigrant" as your status in Canada.

Rusalka

Star Member
Dec 4, 2013
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
screech339 said:
You didn't really land as you came in as a visitor. Getting landed means landing and become a permanent resident. The original terminology was "Landed Immigrant". Nowadays they are called Permanent Residents. Thus having landed usually come from the old term becoming a "landed immigrant".

If you ever apply for an US visa and gotten approved, it will say "landed immigrant" as your status in Canada.
thank you for explanation. So does it mean that you receive PR document and have it in hands?

Guys, I saw the sheet of inlanders, but in general how long does it occupy from application sent till PR in your hands?
Shortest and longest period?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rusalka said:
thank you for explanation. So does it mean that you receive PR document and have it in hands?

Guys, I saw the sheet of inlanders, but in general how long does it occupy from application sent till PR in your hands?
Shortest and longest period?
If you're asking about having the actual PR card in your hands (meaning you are completely finished)...It's well over a year.

Best case- ~7-8 months for AIP and a couple of days more for DM (as some have reported). Then add ~ 1 month for the landing interview/appointment...followed by ~ 3 months (current processing time) to receive the card in the mail.

Average- Same as above but a few months between AIP and DM.

Worst case- You celebrate a couple of birthdays before you have your PR card.

Rusalka

Star Member
Dec 4, 2013
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ponga said:
If you're asking about having the actual PR card in your hands (meaning you are completely finished)...It's well over a year.

Best case- ~7-8 months for AIP and a couple of days more for DM (as some have reported). Then add ~ 1 month for the landing interview/appointment...followed by ~ 3 months (current processing time) to receive the card in the mail.

Average- Same as above but a few months between AIP and DM.

Worst case- You celebrate a couple of birthdays before you have your PR card.
it sounds ridiculous :( And all this time you need to have valid native passport, valid visa and not leave country?
Unbelievable! Or you can leave country after AIP or DM?
Have anybody heard how to increase the speed of processing?
Why 3 months to receive card in mail? :( Why so SLOOOOWW?

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Rusalka said:
it sounds ridiculous :( And all this time you need to have valid native passport, valid visa and not leave country?
Unbelievable! Or you can leave country after AIP or DM?
Have anybody heard how to increase the speed of processing?
Why 3 months to receive card in mail? :( Why so SLOOOOWW?
You are not suppose to leave until after you become PR. Not after AIP or DM.