May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
MaxLet said:
oh lala! GREAT NEWS FROM A LOT OF PEOPLE! AWESOME THAT MISSISAUGA IS WORKING! (i wonder if they were scare for the actions we were taking by signing a petition and everything!!??? ::)
So hey! Ill be landing this thursday! I think i went over my documents at least a thousand times! :-X
Some people recommend to bring hubby's drivers license with our address so they can see our addresses "match" but hey, i dont have a driver's license or any other document with my address.. our accounts in the bank are on hubby's name and all our bills is the same thing... i guess there's no way for me to proof my address... This is not in the document's list .. but some people said they were asked about it... any ideas?
Also, what did you do to be able to sleep in the days before landing!??? i havent slept since saturday i think! hahahaha.. any ideas for the dress code? I mean.. i know it has to be a bit formal but ... how did you dress?
thanks!!!!

Good luck and God bless!
I was once on a citizenship ceremony, some of the people dressed very formally, some of them absolutely casual (jeans and shirt). I would say, go with the middle way:)
As for the address, I can't imagine this could be a real problem, since you are not a PR yet, it's perfectly understandable, that you don't have anything with your address. If your husband will be there with you, and both of you will say that you are sill and intend to live together, I think there won’t be any problem.
Just stop worrying, you are almost a PR!:)

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MaxLet said:
ps. no one answered so i quote myself -dont hit me! :( -

Also, I was wondering if i will get a conditional PR? is not that it matters a lot i mean hubby and I will stay together anyway :p hahaha.. but just wondering! We have been Living together since may 2010 but we only got married on july 2011, which means, when we submit our app march 2013 we werent 2 years married yet... so, will cic only count the time that we were married in the lock-in day, or will they count our time common-law as well?
if you dont plan to get a driver's license then get a ontario photo id card.

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
MaxLet said:
ps. no one answered so i quote myself -dont hit me! :( -

Also, I was wondering if i will get a conditional PR? is not that it matters a lot i mean hubby and I will stay together anyway :p hahaha.. but just wondering! We have been Living together since may 2010 but we only got married on july 2011, which means, when we submit our app march 2013 we werent 2 years married yet... so, will cic only count the time that we were married in the lock-in day, or will they count our time common-law as well?
Max, you will have condition 51 on your COPR, yes.

MaxLet

May 28, 2013
Prevost, Qc
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (Now Montreal)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2013
Doc's Request.
CIC ask for MICC: 14-03-13
Nomination.....
CSQ: 09-05-2013
AOR Received.
14-03-2013
Med's Request
07-01-14
Med's Done....
09-01-14
Interview........
WAIVED!+AIP 07-01-14
Passport Req..
DM: 28-02-14
LANDED..........
15-05-2014
chakrab said:
if you dont plan to get a driver's license then get a ontario photo id card.
???? i dont plan it cuz i simply dont drive :) plus, im not in ontario. im in quebec.

MaxLet

May 28, 2013
Prevost, Qc
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2013
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
14-03-2013
Med's Request
07-01-14
Med's Done....
09-01-14
Interview........
WAIVED!+AIP 07-01-14
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
15-05-2014
Alurra71 said:
Max, you will have condition 51 on your COPR, yes.
FROM: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/backgrounders/2012/2012-10-26a.asp

What is conditional permanent residence?
Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) has introduced amendments to the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (the Regulations) which apply to spouses, common-law or conjugal partners in a relationship of two years or less with their sponsor and who have no children in common with their sponsor at the time they submit their sponsorship application.

We do not have children, but we have 4 years common law (6 years total relationship, 4 years living together, including marriage)... so why we will be judge only by the time that we have married? why wouldnt they take in account the time common-law? it clearly says "in a relationship" ... if they do put the condition on my PR i will try and protest.. i mean, they are taking my 6 years realtionshio and 2 years married, only as a 2 years marriage, so like if i just met my hubby 2 years ago and married him in a week? NOT FAIR!

Plus, Max is my husband, hahaha :D MaxLet comes by Maxence & Leticia :D lol

MaxLet

May 28, 2013
Prevost, Qc
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2013
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
14-03-2013
Med's Request
07-01-14
Med's Done....
09-01-14
Interview........
WAIVED!+AIP 07-01-14
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
15-05-2014
danib said:
MaxLet! Good luck tomorrow in your landing!!
Finally the big day has arrived :)

Thanks Danib!!! Im so so so nervous!!!! :D Praying for everything to go well! :D

MaxLet

May 28, 2013
Prevost, Qc
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2013
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
14-03-2013
Med's Request
07-01-14
Med's Done....
09-01-14
Interview........
WAIVED!+AIP 07-01-14
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
15-05-2014
sophieee said:
I was once on a citizenship ceremony, some of the people dressed very formally, some of them absolutely casual (jeans and shirt). I would say, go with the middle way:)
As for the address, I can't imagine this could be a real problem, since you are not a PR yet, it's perfectly understandable, that you don't have anything with your address. If your husband will be there with you, and both of you will say that you are sill and intend to live together, I think there won't be any problem.
Just stop worrying, you are almost a PR!:)

uhmmmm well I was guessing a "nice-formal" summer dress, i mean, like to work in an office or something... I dont wanna be the girl "in jeans" lol.. ! Well, i guess im trying to sort out every single detail.. not like if they are gonna denie PR cuz im not well dress hahhahaha...
For the address, hubby has the idea of bringing the home insurance which is actually in both names :) also, my healthcard from quebec contains my hubby's last name... that has to be worth something! :)

thanks!!!

MaxLet

May 28, 2013
Prevost, Qc
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2013
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
14-03-2013
Med's Request
07-01-14
Med's Done....
09-01-14
Interview........
WAIVED!+AIP 07-01-14
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
15-05-2014
chakrab said:
oops unfortunately quebec doesn't have an ID card :(
I guess is something like the quebec health card? carte soleil? ...
ill bring it anyway, mine contains my hubby's last name, and also ill bring the home insurance papers.. hope that will be enough!
Like i said, is not in the list... but i have read cases in Etobicoke or elsewhere, where they were ask "right there" to show their drivers license's with the same address... since i dont have one,... better be prepared! :D

ps. altought, i do have my country's national id which i keep update everytime i got to the embassy, and it has my address here in quebec :D maybe they will take it into account. WHO KNOWS!!!!!

all mysteries will be solve tomorrow at my landing! :D oh yeah

Tuesdayc

Star Member
Nov 1, 2012
Finally received correspondence from CIC, so I am guessing they received my police certs. The thing is, it doesn't say a decision has been made, just that the application is completed and transferred to the office in my city. Is this DM or am I suppose to be waiting for yet another letter? Just a tad confuse now, especially since I already hae my OWP and CIC sd in the letter that I am eligible to apply for OWP? ??? ??? ???

"This letter refers to your application for permanent residence under the spouse or common-law
partner in Canada class.

It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent resident
status as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class.

We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The
Canada Immigration Centre in WINNIPEG will contact you concerning your permanent resident
status.

Please note: At the time of your appointment, you and your family members, if any, will
be required to present the original identification document(s) to the Canada Immigration
Centre. A final decision concerning the granting of permanent residence status will be
made at that time. If permanent residence is granted, the name that will appear on the
confirmation of permanent resident document is your name as it appears on your
passport or identity documents.

You may now apply for an open work permit, which will allow you to work in the occupation and
location of your choice. You may also apply for a study permit. If applying for a study permit
please ensure you include a letter from the educational institution you plan to attend. The letter
should outline the type of course or program for which you are registered, the start date and the
expected completion date. To obtain the correct forms please visit the Citizenship and
Immigration Canada Internet web site at [http://www.cic.gc.ca] or contact the Immigration Call
Centre at the number indicated below.

Passports for yourself and your family members must be valid for the duration of your stay in
Canada. "

Carlaganda23

Jan 8, 2014
Halifax Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2014
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Med's Done....
12-05-2015
LANDED..........
SA, AIP and DM May 21th, 2015 Landed: June 12, 2015
Tuesdayc said:
Finally received correspondence from CIC, so I am guessing they received my police certs. The thing is, it doesn't say a decision has been made, just that the application is completed and transferred to the office in my city. Is this DM or am I suppose to be waiting for yet another letter? Just a tad confuse now, especially since I already hae my OWP and CIC sd in the letter that I am eligible to apply for OWP? ??? ??? ???

"This letter refers to your application for permanent residence under the spouse or common-law
partner in Canada class.

It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent resident

We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The
Canada Immigration Centre in WINNIPEG will contact you concerning your permanent resident
status.

Please note: At the time of your appointment, you and your family members, if any, will
be required to present the original identification document(s) to the Canada Immigration
Centre. A final decision concerning the granting of permanent residence status will be
made at that time. If permanent residence is granted, the name that will appear on the

You may now apply for an open work permit, which will allow you to work in the occupation and
location of your choice. You may also apply for a study permit. If applying for a study permit
please ensure you include a letter from the educational institution you plan to attend. The letter
should outline the type of course or program for which you are registered, the start date and the
expected completion date. To obtain the correct forms please visit the Citizenship and
Immigration Canada Internet web site at [http://www.cic.gc.ca] or contact the Immigration Call

Passports for yourself and your family members must be valid for the duration of your stay in
Canada. "
AIP and DM ;D Congratulations!

AchankengCrawford

Feb 13, 2013
Cameroon
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville to Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2013
AOR Received.
14-09-2013
MaxLet said:
FROM: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/backgrounders/2012/2012-10-26a.asp

What is conditional permanent residence?
Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) has introduced amendments to the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (the Regulations) which apply to spouses, common-law or conjugal partners in a relationship of two years or less with their sponsor and who have no children in common with their sponsor at the time they submit their sponsorship application.

We do not have children, but we have 4 years common law (6 years total relationship, 4 years living together, including marriage)... so why we will be judge only by the time that we have married? why wouldnt they take in account the time common-law? it clearly says "in a relationship" ... if they do put the condition on my PR i will try and protest.. i mean, they are taking my 6 years realtionshio and 2 years married, only as a 2 years marriage, so like if i just met my hubby 2 years ago and married him in a week? NOT FAIR!

Plus, Max is my husband, hahaha :D MaxLet comes by Maxence & Leticia :D lol
I would think that you would not have the conditional PR. I have read the law itself and based on the law, they would count from the time you were common-law. But who knows?

Mrs_Canuck

Jan 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/04/2013
AOR Received.
16/04/2013
Med's Done....
08/03/2013
LANDED..........
12/03/2014
Tuesdayc said:

partner in Canada class.

status.

Canada. "
Our letter said the same thing and my husband already had applied for an OWP. It's the standard they send to everyone. Don't worry! :) Congratulations by the way! AIP & DM!

RRSweet

Star Member
Aug 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2013
AOR Received.
22-08-2013
Med's Request
sent with app
Med's Done....
10-07-2013
Interview........
AIP: August 8, 2014 OWP Received August 15, 2014 Decision Made: Jan. 26, 2015
LANDED..........
12-02-2015
Tuesdayc said:

Congrats!!! Awesome news! When did you apply? I don't see you on the spreadsheet?